Attn mikeboll: listen to you nwt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 01 2011,12:21)
    ps  I'm not a JW, nor have I ever been.  Don't buy into Keith and Jack's games.  They like to call the NWT “MY” translation.  But so far, I've read the NWT, NIV, CEV, and have started the NASB.  I like them all, but the NIV is my favorite so far.  

-Mikeboll

I'm not buying anybodys game. I read the bible myself, and make my own statements. I was in a debate with you once and the rebuttal you gave was based on the NET translation, which made me think that was what you upheld, since you relied on it to make your point. In the same conversation I pointed out to you that the authors might have been skewed on the very subtle and intracate variations being that they were all pre-concieved against Jesus being the manifestation of the perfect God. So, thats why when I look something up, I try to read what you believe in order to see your influances and communicate on your level. Are you saying take your pick? Which translations do you approve and why?Peace

Hi Mark,

The NIV is riddled with errors, if the AKJV Bible is to tough for you I suggest you try the NASB.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 01 2011,12:30)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 01 2011,12:16)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 01 2011,12:14)
    It doesn't mean 'of God', it's meaning is God referring to himself.

Oh brother.  Now I've heard it all.

Ed, please post your expert Greek witness to this effect.

mike

Hi Mike,

You learn something every day (as the saying goes).
    Here's a link to help you better understand the Greek…

http://www.ibiblio.org/koine/greek/lessons/pronoun2.html

God bless

No Ed,

I trust you. Just go ahead and post the actual words where your Greek expert clearly explains how the genetive form of “theos” really means that God is “referring to Himself”. Post the sentence or two that teaches this hard to believe fact.

mike

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 01 2011,12:23)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 01 2011,12:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 01 2011,11:55)

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 01 2011,11:51)
    Is Mikebol's spirit a different entity than Mikeboll?

Hi Mark,

I don't believe so.  Just as I don't believe the Father's Spirit is a different entity than Him.

mike

Exactly. Theres no differance. They are one. And Jesus said he was one with the Father. And they are all one in the same perfect spirit, and only God can be. You are right. Thanks. Peace-Mark

That's right Mark.  And Jesus also says that some of us will be ONE with them, right?  Will the “Godhead” be gaining some new members?  :)

And that ONE perfect Spirit that proceeds from God runs through Jesus and every living thing in existence.  We are all “fueled” by the spirit that God has given us on loan.  When we die, that spirit goes back to Him who gave it to us on loan.

Now, if you have something that you think says Jesus or the Holy Spirit is the being of God Himself, don't hesitate to make a clear claim to that effect, okay?  Because so far, nothing you have said teaches that Jesus is God, or that the Holy Spirit is an individual PERSON in some “Godhead”.

peace and love,
    mike

They are of the same accord. It's like taking a big bucket of water, and dividing it into three parts. They are the same. I believe you are right, there is a part of god in each one of us weather we realize or glorify it or not. But it is not the source, and we can't comprehend it. One total or three separate. The same. Us the mystical Body of christ, to be purified of all non-godliness at judgement by the blood of Christ. You can't tell me how and why Jesus said he and his Father were one(also biblical truth as scripture), and It says God is spirit, So they are the same in spirit. God was humble as a man, as an example, but after he was glorified he was one with the father. Thats where the power of his blood lies. Otherwise you , a biological son of God, could have saved me.You would be the same spirit, AND the same flesh, literally, God in the form of man, biologically hisself. But you are not one with the father, concieved by the holy spirit, which you confirmed was no differant from the Father.A person as you agreed with is defined by their spirit. He's here with me, like Jesus promised, the portion of his spirit.As long as I don't grieve him or turn away from him he always will be. I wish he could take this laptop and talk to you but he doesn't work like that yet. I hope its not too much longer.Peace Mikeboll -Mark

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 01 2011,12:14)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 01 2011,11:31)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2011,18:23)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,09:58)
    Ed, how did the Greeks express possession? How would they write “Spirit OF God”, for instance?

mike

Hi Mike,

By using the genitive form of a word…   θεου …is the genitive singular

Matt.12:28: But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Matt.12:28 εἰ δὲ ἐν πνεύματι θεοῦ ἐγὼ ἐκβάλλω τὰ δαιμόνια, ἄρα ἔφθασεν1 ἐφ’ ὑμᾶς ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ.

God bless

Very good, Ed (as we've discussed at length before)  ???

So, let me rephrase my question to address your smark-aleck reply.  

When did the Greek word  θεου  become so hard for you to understand?  If the form of the Greek word means “OF God”, and we in English translate that particular form of the Greek word as “OF God”, and because of both of these things we know the passage says “Spirit OF God”, then why not answer?

What does the word “OF” mean to you?  When did it become so hard for you to understand it?  A “Spirit OF God” is not God Himself anymore than a “son OF God” is God Himself.

mike

Hi Mike,

What Greek is saying: “God Spirit”(117), 117=יהוה האלהים (JEHOVAH GOD)
    You're doing things backwards. You're using English to explain Greek.
    You instead should use Greek concepts to explain English phrases.
    It doesn't mean 'of God', it's meaning is God referring to himself.
    Why is this so hard for you to understand this simple truth?
    Perhaps the deeply embedded brainwashing? (Col.2:22)

God bless

Hi Mike,

Perhaps Google English will help you to better grasp Greek.
    Matt. 12:28 But if God in spirit of cast out ego demons,
    so it is come upon you the kingdom of God. (Google)

God bless

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Feb. 01 2011,09:05)

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 31 2011,09:34)
    hi to all,

please forget all that i have said here, i was leaning on my own understanding, and i was testing theories, and all of it is wrong because i shouldnt do that, so im starting again.

(and going back to what i first wrote), ill repost it.

Yahshua is God in flesh he is, and he will come in flesh he will, and then all will mourn and will weep, all of those who have said in their hearts what they do. to say Yahshua is God is true, there is no lie in this, God is seen in many things and this one of Yahshua is in the flesh, to love Yahshua with the heart is to also love God who is his father, speak now of what you dont know, what is the greater sin? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough? we as people prefer to be loved more than to be loved less, so, who is Yahshua? if you love the father then you love the son as well do you not?

because this was the only post i made that was through prayer. the other posts were from my own understanding only. and my own understanding is useless.

'Thankful,

I thought that you would get that response to your statement of faith. I saw where you took back everything that you said. Well, I don't. I believe very close if not exactly as you do. Like I told you when I warned you what was coming , don't be afraid to stand your ground.(Other like minded members-don't just read things like this and let a little sister get bit by a wolf) As long as you and God know its really what you believe it is blessed and welcome here, especially from me. Peace and Love always sister-Mark

hello mikeangel,

i came onto this site to think about some things,  and i have read the writings on the front page and agree with what is writen by the owner of this site.

i have made statements concerning what i believe, tho hard to understand for some. i do not believe in a trinity as such, i only believe that yahshua is the son of God, as it says, and as i understood plainly, from when i first opened up the bible and read.

but i do believe that many here who claim to be non trinitarians need to wake up and see that by being nontrinitarians they are often pushing away the son of God.

i have seen many here use a small g when making a statement concerning the son of god. which is why i made a point of using a big 'G'. humans are humans and God is God and the son of God is also 'God' because God is a title, not a name, and i think that is where the confusion has come into it.

so, no, im not a trinitarian mikeangel, im a non trinitarian. i believe yahshua is the son of God Almighty. all the others details im unsure of as im only a human.

but mikeangel you do some fantastic posts and i welcome any other beliefs that are different than mine because we are all only people, that is all!

remember though, that those who teach have harsher judgment, therefore the truth is important to these such like ones,

God bless..

ps, i brought a small booklet today which explains the trinity, and the trinity is something i have never understood, so im looking forward to reading it.

thankful
    Participant

and mikeangel, thank you so much for making my visits here much the more easier, im glad that you are here.

mikeangel
    Participant

You are most welcome thankful. I'm glad you are here too. Don't trust me. Don't trust anyone but God or his spirit. Read the bible mostly, and love like there is no tomorrow. Thats what I think anyway. Jesus died for us. He was God's only son. We who love and believe in him and do our best to follow him are saved by his blood he shed. We make it more complicated by dividing and intrepretating the mess out of the rest. I'm guilty of that. But, Love is the point. Peace and Love to you sister-Mark

thankful
    Participant

amen mikeangel.

God bless you.

thankful
    Participant

hello mikeboll64.

a few days ago, i asked you: 'do you speak to the son as you pray?'

you answered (jan 29th):

'Yes, sometimes. I pray TO the Father, as the Son taught us to. And I pray THROUGH the name of Jesus, as the Son and the Apostles taught us to. But I know Jesus also hears me and I often talk directly to him. I just don't PRAY to him.'

so,
    what is the difference between talking to and prayer? you said you DO talk to him but you just dont PRAY to him. that doesnt make sense. can you please tell me what the difference is? thank you.

also, i spoke of the verse, where jesus says he will say 'i never knew you'. you said in reply:

'I believe he refers to the ones who think he's God Almighty Himself, instead of the Son OF that God like he and all the scriptures teach'.

why? would it not mean more those who never knew him? at least trinitarians have got to know him through speaking to him etc.
    also you asked a question, you asked

If Jesus IS God, then we don't really have to come THROUGH Jesus to approach God, because we'd already have made it directly to God just by reaching Jesus.

i never said jesus was God Almighty, so there is really nothing i can see here to answer. i answered it by saying jesus is God the son (God as a title) but not God the father. so, we go through the son, BUT you have to actually know him. and the only way you can get to know someone is by speaking to them and things. dont you think so?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 01 2011,13:31)
    Hi Mike,

Perhaps Google English will help you to better grasp Greek.
    Matt. 12:28 But if God in spirit of cast out ego demons,
    so it is come upon you the kingdom of God. (Google)

Hmmm……….

I wonder how ALL of the Greek experts who translated the scriptures got that wrong? :)

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Feb. 02 2011,08:16)
    so,
    what is the difference between talking to and prayer? you said you DO talk to him but you just dont PRAY to him. that doesnt make sense. can you please tell me what the difference is? thank you.

Hi thankful,

Jesus taught us EXACTLY how to PRAY during his sermon on the Mount of Olives. He told us WHO to PRAY to many times in scripture. He also said YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN knows what you need before you even ask for it in prayer.

I'm only trying to follow the teachings of my Lord and Savior.

And he taught that we ask THE FATHER………..in his name.

peace and love,
    mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Feb. 05 2011,19:01)

Quote (thankful @ Feb. 02 2011,08:16)
    so,

Hi thankful,

Jesus taught us EXACTLY how to PRAY during his sermon on the Mount of Olives.  He told us WHO to PRAY to many times in scripture.  He also said YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN knows what you need before you even ask for it in prayer.

I'm only trying to follow the teachings of my Lord and Savior.

And he taught that we ask THE FATHER………..in his name.

peace and love,
    mike

all

Jesus give an example for a payer,

i hope that someone does not try to say ,that we all have to say the same things,this would be insane,meaningless

your payer is your own talk ,approach ,relation with your God in the privacy of your mind and hearth.

were ever you need it and feel to do it.

Pierre

thankful
    Participant

to me prayer is a calm place where God is. how you reach that place, only God can show.

thehappyman
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Jan. 23 2011,22:00)
    jack,

in all this time you are trying to prove jesus is god, you have forgotten the true message, preaching of the kingdom that is to come. to be so adamant about jesus, it seems you are letting his message pass through your hands, like sand.

take care jack, i do hope to find you and your family blessed and highly favored.

Amen to that , so let's teach one another how to spiritually love one another. good topic huh .

Viewing 14 posts - 101 through 114 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account