Attn mikeboll: listen to you nwt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

Also one more question please Mikeboll-

From the New World Translation, which you uphold-John 4:24-
    24 “God is a Spirit, and those worshiping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

This is the scripture that you used to tell me that I worship in vain. Now, the first four words “God is a spirit”. I want you to definitively explain the differance between God, being that he is a spirit, and the holy spirit.( FYI, I'd be careful, remember, false statements made against the holy spirit will not be forgiven.)

mikeangel
    Participant

Better to understand that God caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus BY MEANS OF His Holy Spirit.

–Mikeboll

Where is this in the Bible?

mikeangel
    Participant

Mark 1v20 “It is by the Holy Spirit that she has concieved this child” , not” by means of”,” by”

NWT- ” do not be afraid to take Mary your wife home, for that which has been begotten in her is by holy spirit. ” How did Mary get pregnant? Be specific. I mean really, If God did not get her pregnant, explain how she did. Was it her egg? Was it God's seed? Was it both?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 30 2011,20:55)
    Better to understand that God caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus BY MEANS OF His Holy Spirit.

–Mikeboll

Where is this in the Bible?

Hi Mark,

Are you sure you want to discuss this with me?  Last time you started the conversation, (actually, butted in to one I was having with Kathi), and then ended up pleading with me, ” Please, just leave me alone!”

Your first questions are worded vaguely.  I can't understand what you're asking of me.  Question #1 is like me asking you HOW the angel of God killed 185,000 Assyrians in one night.  I don't know the “how” of it.  You've misspoken on #2, for Jesus doesn't mention the Father in that passage.  #3 is again asked in a vague way – are you implying Jesus is our “parent” and that's why he said “orphaned”?  I'm not sure what you're after here.  But Paul used similar wording here:

1 Thessalonians 2:17 NIV
    [ Paul’s Longing to See the Thessalonians ] But, brothers and sisters, when we were orphaned by being separated from you for a short time (in person, not in thought), out of our intense longing we made every effort to see you.

NETNotes says this about John 14:18, to which I assume you refer:

Joh 14:182tn The entire phrase “abandon you as orphans” could be understood as an idiom meaning, “leave you helpless.”

But, like I said, I'm not sure what point you're trying to make in #1 and #3, so I don't know how to answer your questions.

As for your question posted about the difference between God and His Holy Spirit………simple.  One of them is God, the other is the Spirit OF God, which cannot speak on its own, but only what God tells it to say.  The Spirit is a helper that God SENT to us, not God Himself.

Which brings us to the question quoted above:
    Mary was impregnated by the Holy Spirit, yet the Holy Spirit is not the Father of Christ, right?  What does that tell you?

peace and love,
    mike

ps, the scripture I quoted for you about worshipping in vain was this one:

Matthew 15:9 NET
    …and they worship me in vain, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.’”

It is Jesus quoting Isaiah 29:13.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 30 2011,20:22)
    I have no doubt about the holy spirit being a part of God. I have doubt that anyone can define or comprehend God. I will leave my inquirey to three questions for now.

1. How can Jesus be with us until the end of the world and seated at the right hand of God at the same time? Be very specific, no translation twisting.

2. Why does Jesus state that sins against him or the Father can be forgiven, but sins against the holy spirit cannot?

Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

You're using the same logic an atheist uses in regards to God. They believe…

A. Nobody can know (according to them) more than me.
    B. And I know God (according to them) doesn't exist.

Fact is: Others can know more than them.
    Your questions “Prove” this about you!

1. Jesus is now in spirit form:
    He is with us at the right hand of the father;
    because they are both in us. (John 4:23-24 / John 14:23)

2. Your question has an error in it; because the “HolySpirit” is God The Father.
    Blasphemy against the “HolySpirit” is unforgivable, because it is to reject God The Father.
    When they stop rejecting God The Father, their sin can be forgiven; because the blasphemy stops!

You should really reconsider finishing reading “Holy City Bible Code”.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 30 2011,20:26)
    OOps, the third was why did Jesus say that he would not leave us orphaned, which means no parent, and say that to not leave us orphaned the holy spirit was going to be sent to us? Peace

Hi Mark,

It's obvious you know the answer to this question by the way you've worded it.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,01:41)
    Hi Mark,

As for your question posted about the difference between God and His Holy Spirit………simple.  One of them is God, the other is the Spirit OF God, which cannot speak on its own, but only what God tells it to say.  The Spirit is a helper that God SENT to us, not God Himself.

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,

Your words are in stark contradiction to these verses…

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words:
    and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Eph.4:4-6 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; One Lord,
    one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who
    is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Can you explain this discrepancy in your view?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I see no discrepancy, Ed.

Please elaborate.

The Spirit OF God cannot be God the Father Himself.  The “truth” OF God is not God Himself.  The “justice” OF God is not God Himself.  The “long outstretched arm” OF God cannot be the entire being of God Himself.

Are you following this 3rd grade logic?  :)

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,04:28)
    I see no discrepancy, Ed.

Please elaborate.

The Spirit OF God cannot be God the Father Himself.

mike

Hi Mike,

Did you not read those verses I Posted?

HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ. (Click Here)

John 4:24 God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2011,04:35)

Yes Ed,

I read them.  What is it that YOU think they should be teaching me?  I could post scriptures all day long.  That doesn't mean that YOU will understand the message I'm hoping they will convey to you.  Like I said:  Please elaborate.

John 4:24 God is Spirit: and they that worship him must worship in spirit and in truth.

Yes Ed.  And I am a flesh and blood being.  I have a flesh and blood arm that I can reach away from my body with.  But that doesn't mean the arm that reached out and grabbed some food for me to eat is itself the “being of Mike Boll”.

Get it?  My arm that I can reach out to others with is not ME.  Similarly, the Spirit BEING of God also has a SPIRIT arm with which He can reach out to others.  But that spirit arm is not the entire being of God any more than my arm is the entire being of Mike Boll.

Ed, when did the word “OF” become so hard for you to understand?

peace and love,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,04:59)

Yes Ed,

I read them.  What is it that YOU think they should be teaching me?  I could post scriptures all day long.  That doesn't mean that YOU will understand the message I'm hoping they will convey to you.  Like I said:  Please elaborate.

Yes Ed.  And I am a flesh and blood being.  I have a flesh and blood arm that I can reach away from my body with.  But that doesn't mean the arm that reached out and grabbed some food for me to eat is itself the “being of Mike Boll”.

Get it?  My arm that I can reach out to others with is not ME.  Similarly, the Spirit BEING of God also has a SPIRIT arm with which He can reach out to others.  But that spirit arm is not the entire being of God any more than my arm is the entire being of Mike Boll.

Ed, when did the word “OF” become so hard for you to understand?

peace and love,
    mike

Hi Mike,

There is no word “of” in either the Hebrew Masoretic Texts or the Greek Texts of the bible.
    Perhaps this is why this word gives you such trouble. Just like the indefinite article “a”; huh?
    There's no indefinite article in either the Hebrew Masoretic Texts or the Greek Texts of the bible.

God bless

thankful
    Participant

hi to all,

please forget all that i have said here, i was leaning on my own understanding, and i was testing theories, and all of it is wrong because i shouldnt do that, so im starting again.

(and going back to what i first wrote), ill repost it.

Yahshua is God in flesh he is, and he will come in flesh he will, and then all will mourn and will weep, all of those who have said in their hearts what they do. to say Yahshua is God is true, there is no lie in this, God is seen in many things and this one of Yahshua is in the flesh, to love Yahshua with the heart is to also love God who is his father, speak now of what you dont know, what is the greater sin? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough? we as people prefer to be loved more than to be loved less, so, who is Yahshua? if you love the father then you love the son as well do you not?

because this was the only post i made that was through prayer. the other posts were from my own understanding only. and my own understanding is useless.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2011,05:17)
    Hi Mike,

There is no word “of” in either the Hebrew Masoretic Texts or the Greek Texts of the bible.
    Perhaps this is why this word gives you such trouble. Just like the indefinite article “a”; huh?
    There's no indefinite article in either the Hebrew Masoretic Texts or the Greek Texts of the bible.

Oh No! Really Ed?

So when we read “grace OF God”, it really refers to the “Grace God”? ???

I'm having deja vu here, Ed. Why don't you explain what we've already discussed about the genetive form of the Greek words? Why don't you explain how English does not use genetive forms of words to imply “OF”…………we just write “OF”?

And then, after you've explained away your diversion, answer my post for real, okay? :)

mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,09:43)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 31 2011,05:17)
    Hi Mike,

Oh No!  Really Ed?  

So when we read “grace OF God”, it really refers to the “Grace God”?  ???

I'm having deja vu here, Ed.  Why don't you explain what we've already discussed about the genetive form of the Greek words?  Why don't you explain how English does not use genetive forms of words to imply “OF”…………we just write “OF”?

And then, after you've explained away your diversion, answer my post for real, okay?  :)

mike

Hi Mike,

That's improper English, it's God's grace.

Could you repeat your question again?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Ed, how did the Greeks express possession? How would they write “Spirit OF God”, for instance?

mike

mikeangel
    Participant

You said that you could not explain how he could not be in both places at the same time. You could not understand why Jesus, His Father, and his spirit are all and the same, one God forever and ever. You are correct, you don't know. Also correct is the assumption that Jesus would not leave us orphaned, in John 14:18. #2 was from Mark3:28.

NET 3:28 28 Truly I say to YOU that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins and blasphemies they blasphemously commit. 29 However, whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin.”

I do not think it is wise to belittle God's Holy spirit. It is as much God as Jesus is. God is a spirit(from your bible), Jesus  and the Father are One, When you see Jesus you see the Father, and the Holy spirit is in the Father, and Jesus, and they are all one. Peace-Mark

P.S. Yes Mike, I have grown some, and hopefully thickened my skin. I have benefited from my experience here. Thank you for your input and patience.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 31 2011,09:58)
    Ed, how did the Greeks express possession? How would they write “Spirit OF God”, for instance?

mike

Hi Mike,

By using the genitive form of a word…   θεου …is the genitive singular

Matt.12:28: But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

Matt.12:28 εἰ δὲ ἐν πνεύματι θεοῦ ἐγὼ ἐκβάλλω τὰ δαιμόνια, ἄρα ἔφθασεν1 ἐφ’ ὑμᾶς ἡ βασιλεία τοῦ θεοῦ.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Jan. 31 2011,11:52)
    You said that you could not explain how he could not be in both places at the same time. You could not understand why Jesus, His Father, and his spirit are all and the same, one God forever and ever. You are correct, you don't know. Also correct is the assumption that Jesus would not leave us orphaned, in John 14:18. #2 was from Mark3:28.

NET 3:28 28 Truly I say to YOU that all things will be forgiven the sons of men, no matter what sins and blasphemies they blasphemously commit. 29 However, whoever blasphemes against the holy spirit has no forgiveness forever, but is guilty of everlasting sin.”

I do not think it is wise to belittle God's Holy spirit. It is as much God as Jesus is. God is a spirit(from your bible), Jesus  and the Father are One, When you see Jesus you see the Father, and the Holy spirit is in the Father, and Jesus, and they are all one. Peace-Mark

P.S. Yes Mike, I have grown some, and hopefully thickened my skin. I have benefited from my experience here. Thank you for your input and patience.

Hi Mark,

Is not calling the “HolySpirit” an 'it' instead of a “HE” belittling Him?

God bless

mikeangel
    Participant

The Greek word for “Spirit” is neuter, and while we use personal pronouns in English (“he”, “his”, “him”), most Greek MSS employ “it”. Also God knows I love him, in totality, and knows I believe he is one, and is here with me now. I don't think a honest mistake in grammer would have bothered him. Now, if I discribed him as I have heard as “big daddy, little bro and the spook”, well, that wouldn't go over too well. Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 31 2011,09:34)
    hi to all,

please forget all that i have said here, i was leaning on my own understanding, and i was testing theories, and all of it is wrong because i shouldnt do that, so im starting again.

(and going back to what i first wrote), ill repost it.

Yahshua is God in flesh he is, and he will come in flesh he will, and then all will mourn and will weep, all of those who have said in their hearts what they do. to say Yahshua is God is true, there is no lie in this, God is seen in many things and this one of Yahshua is in the flesh, to love Yahshua with the heart is to also love God who is his father, speak now of what you dont know, what is the greater sin? to love too much the son of God or to love not enough? we as people prefer to be loved more than to be loved less, so, who is Yahshua? if you love the father then you love the son as well do you not?

because this was the only post i made that was through prayer. the other posts were from my own understanding only. and my own understanding is useless.

'Thankful,

I thought that you would get that response to your statement of faith. I saw where you took back everything that you said. Well, I don't. I believe very close if not exactly as you do. Like I told you when I warned you what was coming , don't be afraid to stand your ground.(Other like minded members-don't just read things like this and let a little sister get bit by a wolf) As long as you and God know its really what you believe it is blessed and welcome here, especially from me. Peace and Love always sister-Mark

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account