Attn mikeboll: listen to you nwt

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ Jan. 28 2011,10:18)
    lol Mikeboll64 you got ur hands full with this one.

Hi D,

In the words of Truthful herself, “dont worry. im not scared, haha.”

:)

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 28 2011,13:09)
    And the Holy Spirit is OF God also. It is not an individual PERSON, and therefore doesn't have a personal name like every PERSON in the scriptures does.

hi.

the name would be Holy Spirit.

how could it not be an individual ? its not how im understanding it.

when i read theres verses, FIRST it speaks of HE. then it speaks of what he does.

john 14:16
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever.

john 14:26
    But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

john 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, [even] the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me.

john 16:7
    Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

john 16:13
    “when He, the Spirit of Truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you. All things that the Father has are mine. Therefore I said that He will take of Mine and declare it to you. ”

he is an indiviual. he abides with us, he teaches us, he guides us, he speaks, he tells, he declares.

acts 5:3
    “Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

you can lie to the holy spirit.

acts 8:29
    “Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.”

acts 10:19
    “While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee.”

acts 11:13
    “And the Spirit bade me go with them, nothing doubting. Moreover these six brethren accompanied me, and we entered into the man's house:”

acts 13:2
    “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.”

he speaks and directs.

2nd corinthians 13:14
    “The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen.”

communion of the holy ghost.

romans 8:27
    “And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.”

he makes intercession, and searches the minds and hearts.  

1st corinthians 2:13
    “Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.”

luke 12:12
    “For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say. “

he teaches.

luke 12:10
    “And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.”

an unforgivable sin against him

ephesians 4:30
    “And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.”

he has feelings.

thankful
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 28 2011,01:41)
    Hi again!   When you worship Jesus as you do His Father are you not going against this Commandment?  

1 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (Other “gods” can include possessions, power or prominence.)

To worship the Holy Spirit of God and all three is the trinity.  The trinity is not of God but of man.
    It was Quintus Septimus Florence Tertullian, who after three brutal and bloody centuries came up with it.  And it was Constantine who made it into Law.

Lets see how many Scriptures teach us that there is only ONE Almighty God who I worship….

Deu 4:35   Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know that the LORD he [is] God; [there is] none else beside him.  

Deu 6:4 ¶ Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God [is] one LORD:  

1Cr 8:4   As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol [is] nothing in the world, and that [there is] none other God but one.  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

And by Jesus own words in

Jhn 14:28   Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come [again] unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.  

1Ti 2:5   For [there is] one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;  

1Cr 11:3   But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman [is] the man; and the head of Christ [is] God.  

One of my friends likes to say that if the Holy Spirit is the third person of the trinity then us He not Jesus Father????

These are the Scriptures above, why I worship Jehovah God only, and honor Jesus who is out Mediator ti go directly to the Throne of Almighty God.  

Also throughout the Old Testament time you will find LORD in all capital letters.  And for Jesus lord…There is a distinct difference in Scriptures to show us that Jehovah God is above all.

Yes, Jesus is called God and The Word of God, however God is a title and so is The Word of God.  Both have names.  Jehovah God who is above all, and Yeshua who is Jesus….

Peace and Love Irene

hi.

it depends how you see the word worship. i see the word as meaning to love, to obey, to pray to, listen to, submit to, to give your life to, even to sing to and so on. so if i do all this for the son, and for the father, do you think im disobeying ?  do you speak to the son as you pray ?

same to mikeboll, do you speak to the son as you pray ?

Baker
    Participant

thankful! I pray to Jehovah God only. Jesus is our Mediator to go to the Throne of God to ask in His name. I honor Jesus…. Because He by His own words said that His Father is greater. There is only one Almighty God the Father who is above all….
    Also even though John says about the Holy Spirit as a person, there are many Scriptures that tell me that the Holy Spirit is Jehovah Gods Spirit….which we received at Baptism. Can a person be in you? Also if the Holy Spirit would be a person, then He would be the Father of Jesus. And we know that is not so…
    Peace and Love Irene

thankful
    Participant

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 29 2011,01:08)
    thankful!  I pray to Jehovah God only.  Jesus is our Mediator to go to the Throne of God to ask in His name.  I honor Jesus…. Because He by His own words said that His Father is greater.  There is only one Almighty God the Father who is above all….

so, because the father is greater than the son, you dont speak to him ? do you speak to other people ? do you believe in him ? that hes real ? if you believed in him, wouldnt you speak to him ?

to be ignored wouldnt be very nice.

have you ever been among a lot of people, and they are all speaking, and you are left out  ? i have. i didnt like it.

yahshua came to the very creation he created. what did his creation do ? they laughed at him, spat on him, whipped him, beat him, crucified him, but then God raised him higher than that. he became the lord and the king, and to all those who believe in him, they will become his.   to know him you cant ignore him.

jehovahs witnessess will talk all day to people, they will pray to God, they will say/end with 'in the name of jesus' wow, is that all he gets ?

God bless.
    shinar.

thankful
    Participant

try speaking TO him, not just ABOUT him. there is a difference. so many times i have cried to him, he is my lord and he is my God and he is my king and i love him. as i love the father YHVH God Almighty so i love the son.

God bless
    shinara.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 28 2011,20:22)
    hi.

when i read theres verses, FIRST it speaks of HE. then it speaks of what he does.

Hi Thankful,

I took care of that other post for you. :) Let me ask you two simple questions:

1. Can a ship be called a “she” even though a ship is not a person?

2. Do you understand the word “OF”?

If something is the “something OF” someone, then it is NOT that someone, but rather a possesion OF that someone.

This is not so hard, is it?

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 28 2011,21:07)

Yes, sometimes.  I pray TO the Father, as the Son taught us to.  And I pray THROUGH the name of Jesus, as the Son and the Apostles taught us to.

But I know Jesus also hears me and I often talk directly to him.  I just don't PRAY to him.

T, just think about this for a minute:

No one can come to God unless they come to Him THROUGH Jesus, right?  If Jesus IS God, then that doesn't make any sense, does it?  If Jesus IS God, then we don't really have to come THROUGH Jesus to approach God, because we'd already have made it directly to God just by reaching Jesus.

Let me know how you explain this “coming THROUGH Jesus to get to God” thing.

peace and love,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And thankful,

Why did you not answer all the other points in my post yesterday? You only commented on the Spirit part. What about “Priest”. What about “Mediator BETWEEN us and God”? What about “SERVANT OF God”?

mike

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,14:43)

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 28 2011,20:22)
    hi.

Hi Thankful,

I took care of that other post for you.  :)  Let me ask you two simple questions:

1.  Can a ship be called a “she” even though a ship is not a person?

2.  Do you understand the word “OF”?  

If something is the “something OF” someone, then it is NOT that someone, but rather a possesion OF that someone.

This is not so hard, is it?

peace and love,
    mike

this makes absolutly no sense to me !

it doesnt explain all of the verses i gave.

thank you for taking care of that post too.

let me just say something, im not a trinitarian though people seemed to assume i was.

Yahshua cannot and is not the one and only God Almighty, the supreme God, ' i am' YHVH, the most high God,

for people to think he is, then did he pray to himself etc, it doesnt fit.

Yahshua is the son of God Almighty, he was risen to the position of being at Gods right hand because he never sinned, and was the only one who was found worthy. He is God the son but not God the Almighty, from how i understand it.

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,14:55)
    And thankful,

Why did you not answer all the other points in my post yesterday?   You only commented on the Spirit part.  What about “Priest”.  What about “Mediator BETWEEN us and God”?  What about “SERVANT OF God”?

mike

i only talk about what i want to talk about=)

i think i answered these in the post above.

thankful
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,14:52)

Yes, sometimes.  I pray TO the Father, as the Son taught us to.  And I pray THROUGH the name of Jesus, as the Son and the Apostles taught us to.

But I know Jesus also hears me and I often talk directly to him.  I just don't PRAY to him.

No one can come to God unless they come to Him THROUGH Jesus, right?  If Jesus IS God, then that doesn't make any sense, does it?  If Jesus IS God, then we don't really have to come THROUGH Jesus to approach God, because we'd already have made it directly to God just by reaching Jesus.

peace and love,
    mike

he is more than a name. many claim to know him. but he says that he will say 'i never knew you'. so i think its a lot more than just using a name at the end of a prayer, its like using someone to get to someone else, isnt it?

please dont ask me too many questions, one at a time is enough for me !

thanks.

God bless
    shinara.

Baker
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 29 2011,06:51)

Quote (Baker @ Jan. 29 2011,01:08)
    thankful!  I pray to Jehovah God only.  Jesus is our Mediator to go to the Throne of God to ask in His name.  I honor Jesus…. Because He by His own words said that His Father is greater.  There is only one Almighty God the Father who is above all….

so, because the father is greater than the son, you dont speak to him ? do you speak to other people ? do you believe in him ? that hes real ? if you believed in him, wouldnt you speak to him ?

to be ignored wouldnt be very nice.

have you ever been among a lot of people, and they are all speaking, and you are left out  ? i have. i didnt like it.

yahshua came to the very creation he created. what did his creation do ? they laughed at him, spat on him, whipped him, beat him, crucified him, but then God raised him higher than that. he became the lord and the king, and to all those who believe in him, they will become his.   to know him you cant ignore him.

jehovahs witnessess will talk all day to people, they will pray to God, they will say/end with 'in the name of jesus' wow, is that all he gets ?

God bless.
    shinar.

Shinar! He is my Mediator that I talk to when I go through Him…..
    You just took that only part about Jesus and ignored the question about God's Holy Spirit. Is Gods Holy Spirit the Father of Jesus??? Also since you make God's Holy Spirit the third person of the trinity is the Holy Spirit then Jesus Father, which it would have to be it is the Holy Spirit that came to Mary????? And can a person live in us???? And what does it say about the first Commandment????
    And what about all those scriptures?
    Jesus deserves all honor and glory, but worship belongs to our Jehovah God.
    Now please answer all question, if you can……
    Peace Irene

Baker
    Participant

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 29 2011,16:22)

And thankful,

Why did you not answer all the other points in my post yesterday?   You only commented on the Spirit part.  What about “Priest”.  What about “Mediator BETWEEN us and God”?  What about “SERVANT OF God”?

mike

I see…. thank you for that statement…It shows a lot….Irene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 29 2011,15:22)

this makes absolutly no sense to me !

it doesnt explain all of the verses i gave.

Maybe this will help.

1 Corinthians 1:17-18
    For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power.  For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

thankful, is the actual stake Jesus was crucified on a person?  Is it an individual living being?  No?  Then how can this piece of wood have “power” and a “message” to teach us?

You quoted Acts 5:3, but you didn't quote verse 9, which explains verse 3, “How could you conspire to test the Spirit of the Lord?”

You quoted the verse that poetically implies the Spirit is a person, but left out the verse that explains they were lying to God THROUGH His Holy Spirit.

Another example:  Mary became impregnated by the Holy Spirit, right?  But who was Jesus' Father?  Did Jesus ever call the Holy Spirit his Father?  No, he called it a “helper” that his Father would send.  And he said it could not speak on its own, but only the things it hears.  Does that sound like a limitation God Almighty would have?

Better to understand that God caused Mary to become pregnant with Jesus BY MEANS OF His Holy Spirit.

let me just say something, im not a trinitarian though people seemed to assume i was.

Yahshua cannot and is not the one and only God Almighty, the supreme God, ' i am' YHVH, the most high God,

for people to think he is, then did he pray to himself etc, it doesnt fit.

Good.  And I agree that “God” did not pray to Himself.  But what that means is that you are really promoting more than one God to whom we should pray and deliver worship, right?  ???

He is God the son but not God the Almighty, from how i understand it.

Instead of leaning on your own understanding, trust the words of God Himself.  You say: God the Son.  Scriptures say: Son of God.  Surely you can detect the difference in those two statements, right?

peace and love to you,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 29 2011,16:22)

And thankful,

mike

I don't believe you did. How is a Priest OF God actually God Himself?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (thankful @ Jan. 29 2011,16:36)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 29 2011,14:52)

peace and love,
    mike

he is more than a name. many claim to know him. but he says that he will say 'i never knew you'. so i think its a lot more than just using a name at the end of a prayer, its like using someone to get to someone else, isnt it?

thanks.

God bless
    shinara.

but he says that he will say 'i never knew you'.

I believe he refers to the ones who think he's God Almighty Himself, instead of the Son OF that God like he and all the scriptures teach.

Okay, then please answer only the point I made purple in my quote box.

mike

thankful
    Participant

hi all

im unsure about the holy spirit, which is why i came questioning, but,

i believe in two gods. God the father and God the son. God the father being higher than God the son but still two Gods.

the early church believed in that if you have ever read their writings. thats why they lost their life, from what i have read so far.

so what do people eventually do to save their life? they invent the trinity.

make the two or three gods into one. perfect solution.

or become nontrinitarians and stand close to judaism or islam in stating there is only one God. (yahshua has only a small 'g' and we dont pray/talk to him).

so when the great tribulation is upon us, and it wont be long, going by strange things happening in the world, when people start to become desperate, when health starts to fail, when money is lost and war breaks out, when islam (or judaism) decide to return the world to a state of godliness, when everyone has to either obey the one God (who they claim is allah and is the same God of the tanakh – they say) then what? will you stand with them, and agree there is only one God, or will you stand with those who do not deny their lord and God yahshua as well, and therefore will be beheaded for believing in two Gods? (rev)

will answer you highlighted question/s later when i have more time. ok. thanks. God bless.

mikeangel
    Participant

I have no doubt about the holy spirit being a part of God. I have doubt that anyone can define or comprehend God. I will leave my inquirey to three questions for now.

1. How can Jesus be with us until the end of the world and seated at the right hand of God at the same time? Be very specific, no translation twisting.

2. Why does Jesus state that sins against him or the Father can be forgiven, but sins against the holy spirit cannot?

Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

OOps, the third was why did Jesus say that he would not leave us orphaned, which means no parent, and say that to not leave us orphaned the holy spirit was going to be sent to us? Peace

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 114 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account