Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You assume a lot.

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:47)
    Hi not3,
    Yes Jesus too had to die.
    Death comes to all man and after that the Judgement.
    Jesus provided a way for the salvation of the Soul which is the aim[1Peter 1.9]
    The Shepherd and Guardian of our souls as sheep in the flock of God, is Jesus Christ[1Peter 2.25]

He is the chief Shepherd and he will return for his sheep.[1Peter5.4]

Hi brother Nick,
    If Jesus was human like you and me yes death was necessary for Jesus. Jesus also rose from dead as the first fruits of the dead and there is going to be a corporeal resurrection in future. If this is so what way it makes him different from all other humans? Even his resurrection is a part of mass resurrection as Brother Bodhitharta rightly said except he was given preeminence in all respects by his God and our God.
    He did not die for any sin since he has not commited any sin. What way he shared our sins? This is the question rarely troubles me.

Please don't blame me for such controversial questions.
    Adam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 10 2009,18:08)

Hi not3,
    The Shepherd and Guardian of our souls as sheep in the flock of God, is Jesus Christ[1Peter 2.25]

Hi brother Nick,
    If Jesus was human like you and me yes death was necessary for Jesus. Jesus also rose from dead as the first fruits of the dead and there is going to be a corporeal resurrection in future. If this is so what way it makes him different from all other humans? Even his resurrection is a part of mass resurrection as Brother Bodhitharta rightly said except he was given preeminence in all respects by his God and our God.
    He did not die for any sin since he has not commited any sin. What way he shared our sins? This is the question rarely troubles me.

Adam

God bless you!

Some find it very exciting that someone supposedly died for them but it is really a selfish distorted feeling.

They can not tell you in what way Jesus took their place because there is no valid answer.

I am not saying Jesus is not a mediator I am simply saying that he did not die for the sins of anyone, he was being accused and plotted against because of the sinful nature of many.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,

Hi brother Nick,

Adam

Hi GM,
    He was the scapegoat.
    1 Peter 2.24

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 09 2009,16:24)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:51)
    Hi TC,
    His spirit left him at calvary.[mt 27,50 etc]
    The spirit of men leave them and return to God at death[ecc12]
    He was yet alive in the abiding Spirit of eternal life given to him and is the source of that life for us.

Nick,

The spirit left the body. That makes the body dead. The spirit lives on after the death of the body. Jesus as a spirit did not die, but the body in which he was dwelling, did.

TC27

So how did Jesus take your place? Aren't you still going to die physically?

bod,

Yes, I am still going to physically die. Jesus took my place because it is now possible for me to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If Jesus had not paid the price for my sin, no one could enter Heaven. My soul will live on after I die.

TC27

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 09 2009,17:33)
    Bod,

Jesus died, but he also rose from the dead.
    We will follow him.

He took our place because he conquered death!
    Though we die physically (as Jesus did), we no longer remain in the grave…but we will be resurrected now.
    Death could not hold Jesus, and therefore as we are *also* children of God, it cannot hold us either.

I know you didn't ask me this question, just my 2 cents.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy,

I have disagreed with you on the trinity, but I could not agree with you more on this statement! You have said it nicely!

TC27

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 09 2009,17:47)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 10 2009,13:39)
    Hi BD,
    Jesus was the scapegoat.
    The body is of earth and death.
    It cannot inherit the kingdom of God

Nick,

The Scapegoat doesn't die.

Jesus is the scapegoat and he never died nor was he crucified.

bod,

How do you say that Jesus was not crucified???!!! The whole Bible circles around the fact that he was crucified. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the rest of the Bible.

TC27

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,21:52)
    Hi Jodi,
    You assume a lot.

Nick,

I actually agree with you on this statement.

TC27

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 11 2009,01:53)

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 09 2009,17:33)
    Bod,

Jesus died, but he also rose from the dead.
    We will follow him.

He took our place because he conquered death!
    Though we die physically (as Jesus did), we no longer remain in the grave…but we will be resurrected now.
    Death could not hold Jesus, and therefore as we are *also* children of God, it cannot hold us either.

I know you didn't ask me this question, just my 2 cents.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy,

I have disagreed with you on the trinity, but I could not agree with you more on this statement! You have said it nicely!

TC27

Mandy,
    When you say we are “also” children of God do you mean that Jesus was a child of God like us?

thinker

Paladin
    Participant

Hi not3,

Hi brother Nick,

Adam

May I ask a question?

When the blood of bulls and goats served to remove the guilt of sin from the sinners of the old covenant, and the blood of bulls andd goats was considered the blood of the covenant, what sin had those bulls and goats committed?

None!

Yet, their blood was accepted as sacrifice for the sins of the people.

2 Chronicles 29:24 And the priests killed them, and they made reconciliation with their blood upon the altar, to make an atonement for all Israel: for the king commanded that the burnt offering and the sin offering should be made for all Israel.

Jesus committed no sin, yet he was made to BE sin” for us who could not serve as sacrifice for our own sins.

2 Corinthians 5:21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Paladin………..you have rightly stated it brother. “WE are bought with a price”, that price was Jesus' Crucification. The Lamb offered by GOD the FATHER for the sins of the whole world.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ July 11 2009,04:30)
    Paladin………..you have rightly stated it brother. “WE are bought with a price”, that price was Jesus' Crucification.  The Lamb offered by GOD the FATHER for the sins of the whole world.

peace and love to you and yours………………………….gene

The Lamb was NOT offered by God the Father. It was offered by the High Priest.

For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore, it is necessary that this One (Jesus) also have something to offer (Heb. 8:3)

The law of Moses required that the high priest offer the sacrifice. Therefore, you do greatly err when you say that the Lamb was offered by God the Father.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Agreed TT,
    Jesus is High priest also

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 11 2009,11:46)
    Agreed TT,
    Jesus is High priest also

Wow Nick! We agree a lot lately.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 11 2009,01:51)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 09 2009,16:24)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 10 2009,09:07)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 09 2009,12:51)
    Hi TC,
    His spirit left him at calvary.[mt 27,50 etc]
    The spirit of men leave them and return to God at death[ecc12]
    He was yet alive in the abiding Spirit of eternal life given to him and is the source of that life for us.

Nick,

The spirit left the body. That makes the body dead. The spirit lives on after the death of the body. Jesus as a spirit did not die, but the body in which he was dwelling, did.

TC27

So how did Jesus take your place? Aren't you still going to die physically?

bod,

Yes, I am still going to physically die. Jesus took my place because it is now possible for me to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. If Jesus had not paid the price for my sin, no one could enter Heaven. My soul will live on after I die.

TC27

How did Jesus take your place?

Where do you think Elijah and the others were Jesus says they weren't dead

Besides if Jesus didn't take your place what would that mean for you?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 11 2009,01:56)

Hi BD,
    Jesus was the scapegoat.

Nick,

bod,

How do you say that Jesus was not crucified???!!! The whole Bible circles around the fact that he was crucified. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, and the rest of the Bible.

TC27

The fact is Jesus was not crucified or killed he was raised up to God alive, although he was thought to have been crucified

Have you ever wondered why Mary didn't recognize him when she thought he was the gardener?

Why would Jesus be in disguise?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Hebrews 11 says that they ALL died in faith having not received the promise. Where did Jesus say that Elijah and others did not die? They went to paradise until the time of the resurrection. After the resurrection they went to heaven.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 11 2009,13:32)
    bodhitharta said:

Hebrews 11 says that they ALL died in faith having not received the promise. Where did Jesus say that Elijah and others did not die? They went to paradise until the time of the resurrection. After the resurrection they went to heaven.

thinker

Where is paradise?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 11 2009,13:26)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 11 2009,01:56)

Hi BD,
    Jesus was the scapegoat.

Nick,

bod,

TC27

The fact is Jesus was not crucified or killed he was raised up to God alive, although he was thought to have been crucified

Have you ever wondered why Mary didn't recognize him when she thought he was the gardener?

Why would Jesus be in disguise?

Hi BD,
    No facts there just carnal ideas from your book.

He died as Holy scripture attests to several times and if you had followed him into his death and resurrection as rom 6 explains you would understand.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

thinker…….We are told that GOD so loved the world that (HE) gave His uniquely begotten Son. Jesus is also called the Lamb of GOD. And now is before the throne of GOD as a Slain Lamb. Jesus was Slain from the foundations of the world we are told , it was GOD the Fathers Plan all along to redeem the world through The Sacrifice of Jesus. As scripture says. For you are purchased with a price and that price is the blood of Jesus offered for the forgiveness of sins of the world. Had GOD the FATHER not required this sacrifice Jesus would have never given it. “for without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sin”. Why do you Trinitarians and Preexistences constantly try to deal the FATHER out of the Salvation Process, something Jesus never did. IMO

peace and love to you thinker……………………..gene

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account