Attn anti-trinitarians: another us verse

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 685 total)
  • Author
    KangarooJack
    Participant

Okay guys (and girls),

I have another “US” verse but this time it is adonai who is speaking,

Then I heard the voice of the Lord (adonai) saying, “Whom shall I send? And who shall go for US?” Then I said, “Here am I, send me.”

We have seen on the another thread that that the plural “US” is spoken by  Elohim and YHWH Elohim and then simply YHWH. Now we see Adonai speaking in the plural “US.”

Please note that Adonai used both the singular “I” and the plural “US.” Adonai is also identified as YHWH in this passage. Adonai is Christ according to Psalm 110:1

thinker

Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 21 2009,00:03)
    Okay guys (and girls),

Then I heard the voice of the Lord (adonai) saying, “Whom shall I send? And who shall go for US?” Then I said, “Here am I, send me.”

We have seen on the anOther thread that that the plural “US” is spoken by  Elohim ans YHWH Elohim and then simply YHWH. Now we see Adonai speaking in the plural “US.”

Please note that Adonai used both the singular “I” and the plural “US.” Adonai is also identified as YHWH in this passage. Adonai is Christ according to Psalm 110:1

thinker

Hi thethinker:

The “US” here represents God, the Lord, and humanity. It is just like him sending us into the world to preach the gospel.

Jhn 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
    Jhn 17:20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

Act 28:25 And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Act 28:26 Saying, Go unto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and not perceive:
    Act 28:27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with [their] eyes, and hear with [their] ears, and understand with [their] heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
    Act 28:28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and [that] they will hear it.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 20 2009,08:03)
    Okay guys (and girls),

We have seen on the anOther thread that that the plural “US” is spoken by  Elohim ans YHWH Elohim and then simply YHWH. Now we see Adonai speaking in the plural “US.”

thinker

Thinker,
    You do know that the term adonai is given to men also don't you? There is not just ONE that goes by that title or a “three in one.”

Realize that most of the time there is no plural pronoun referring to GOD. You have selected the times when a plural pronoun is used which is including GOD and another with whom He is speaking to. That “other” is not identified so we can only speculate, we cannot make a definite conclusion.

Of course, my opinion is that the Father is talking to His Son.

Kathi

Cindy
    Participant

Okay guys (and girls),

thinker

thinker Psalm 110:1 in my KJV it says:” The LORD said to my Lord. Sit at my right hand, Til I make Your enemies Your footstool. Notice the first LORD is in capital letters while the second Lord is not. The first is the Father and the second is Jesus. Who in the world is Adora. That verse says nothing about Adora. What Bible are you using?
    Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Thinker……….I love you brother, but if you would just apply you knowledge to the truth that Jesus is (NOT) A GOD, I am going to pray that the FATHER will allow you to see this and understand it brother.

with much love and peace to you brother……………………….gene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Marty said:

Hi thethinker:

The “US” here represents God, the Lord, and humanity.  It is just like him sending us into the world to preach the gospel.

Marty,
    What is your proof from the context that the “US” is a reference to God, the Lord and humanity? Furthermore, the word “Lord” (adon or adonai) is Christ (Psalm 110:1). You didn't deal with this part of my post.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Lightenup said:

Lightenup said: Of course, my opinion is that the Father is talking to His Son.

This cannot be the Father speaking to the Son because there was no Father or Son type of relationship in the Godhead in Isaiah's time. The Christ did not officially become the “Son” until His exaltation. It was at this time that God became His Father.

TODAY I have begotten You….I will be a Father to Him and He will be my Son (Heb. 1)

John's gospel says that Isaiah's vision was about Jesus,

These things Isaiah said when he was His glory and spoke of Him (John 12:41)

John is clear that it was the glory of Christ that Isaiah had seen. It was Christ's pre-incarnate and pre-Son glory that Isaiah had seen.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Irene said:

thinker  Psalm 110:1 in my KJV it says:” The LORD said to my Lord.  Sit at my right hand, Til I make Your enemies Your footstool. Notice the first LORD is in capital letters while the second Lord is not.  The first is the Father and the second is Jesus. Who in  the world is Adora. That verse says nothing about Adora. What Bible are you using?
    Irene

Hi Irene,

You are correct that the second word “Lord” is a reference to Jesus. According to Strong's Concordance the word is “adonai”  and is “the proper name of God only” (see Strong's #136). Therefore, the second word “Lord” affirms that Jesus is God. So we may paraphrase like this,

The LORD said unto my God, “Sit thou on my right hand….”

thinker

Lightenup
    Participant

Thinker,
    The Holy One of GOD is the Son, that is one of His names in the old testament. The Most High GOD is speaking to His Holy One.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ June 21 2009,02:47)
    Thinker……….I love you brother, but if you would just apply you knowledge to the truth that Jesus is (NOT) A GOD, I am going to pray that the FATHER will allow you to see this and understand it brother.

Gene,
    I have NEVER said that Jesus is “A GOD.” It is Kathi, Marty and others here who say that Jesus is a god. I have always said that Jesus is GOD.

btw, I love you too but you haven't a leg to stand on scripturally. The Father called  Jesus “GOD” and gave Him the credit for creating the heavens and the earth (Heb. 1:8-10). Yet you deny what the Father has said. It is you who needs prayer brother. Will the Father listen to the prayer of one who calls Him a liar?

Think about it.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ June 21 2009,03:37)
    Thinker,
    The Holy One of GOD is the Son, that is one of His names in the old testament.  The Most High GOD is speaking to His Holy One.

Kathi

Kathi,
    Show from the old testament where there was a Father and Son relationship in the Godhead before Christ's incarnation and exaltation.

thanks,
    thinker

Cindy
    Participant

thinker If we believe what Jesus told us, that nobody heard the Fathers voice or seen His form, we have to believe that it was the Spokes-Word of God, who was the Son of God. John 1:1-2. In Proverbs 8:22-30 are very interesting verses. You might want to check them out.
    Peace and Love Irene

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ June 21 2009,04:56)
    thinker  If we believe what Jesus told us, that nobody heard the Fathers voice or seen His form, we have to believe that it was the Spokes-Word of God, who was the Son of God. John 1:1-2.  In Proverbs 8:22-30 are very interesting verses. You might want to check them out.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,
    I believe that Christ was pre-existent and eternal as the Word and not as the Son. It was the Word who spoke. He became the Son. He was Son only in His mediatorial capacity. Sonship for Jesus had to do with the office He assumed. There is no evidence that the Godhead functioned as Father and Son in the old testament and neither was there such a relationship among the Persons of the Godhead until the incarnation and exaltation of Jesus.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    What do you think GODHEAD means?
    Some sort of strange aggregated god?

Check your concordance

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 20 2009,11:42)

Quote (Gene @ June 21 2009,02:47)

Gene,
    I have NEVER said that Jesus is “A GOD.” It is Kathi, Marty and others here who say that Jesus is a god. I have always said that Jesus is GOD.

btw, I love you too but you haven't a leg to stand on scripturally. The Father called  Jesus “GOD” and gave Him the credit for creating the heavens and the earth (Heb. 1:8-10). Yet you deny what the Father has said. It is you who needs prayer brother. Will the Father listen to the prayer of one who calls Him a liar?

Think about it.

thinker

Thinker,
    It is not me that has called the Son “a” God. I believe that He is THE ONLY BEGOTTEN GOD, not a begotten god. I have told you that He is an “only” over and over. I have stated that He is not the Most High GOD but is from the Most High GOD.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    It was the Father that the Jews called GOD according to the Son of God, Jesus. [jn8.54]
    So God was never a trinity.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 20 2009,11:46)

Quote (Lightenup @ June 21 2009,03:37)
    Thinker,
    The Holy One of GOD is the Son, that is one of His names in the old testament.  The Most High GOD is speaking to His Holy One.

Kathi

Kathi,
    Show from the old testament where there was a Father and Son relationship in the Godhead before Christ's incarnation and exaltation.

thanks,
    thinker

Thinker,
    If the Father sent His Son into the world then they had to be Father and Son before the Father could send His Son. God revealed this relationship in the New Testament but they had this relationship before He was sent.

Kathi

KangarooJack
    Participant

Lightenup said:

Thinker,
    If the Father sent His Son into the world then they had to be Father and Son before the Father could send His Son.  God revealed this relationship in the New Testament but they had this relationship before He was sent.

Kathi,
    I asked you to show it and you didn't. John said “In the beginning was the Word.” He did not say, “In the beginning was the Son.” John said that the Word became flesh and it is in connection with this that the Word became “Son.” And it was at the exaltation that Jesus became the Son officially. There is no scripture that teaches there was a Father and Son relationship in the Godhead before the incarnation and exaltation of Jesus.

The Father and Son relationship was born in the counsel of the Godhead for the purposes of redemption only. Before there was a plan of redemption there was simply the three Persons.

thinker

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 21 2009,04:57)
    Lightenup said:

Thinker,
    If the Father sent His Son into the world then they had to be Father and Son before the Father could send His Son.  God revealed this relationship in the New Testament but they had this relationship before He was sent.

Kathi,
    I asked you to show it and you didn't. John said “In the beginning was the Word.” He did not say, “In the beginning was the Son.” John said that the Word became flesh and it is in connection with this that the Word became“Son.” And it was at the exaltation that Jesus became the Son officially. There is no scripture that teaches there was a Father and Son relationship in the Godhead before the incarnation and exaltation of Jesus.

The Father and Son relationship was born in the counsel of the Godhead for the purposes of redemption only. Before there was a plan of redemption there was simply the three Persons.

thinker

Thinker,
    Why don't you show us from the old testament that there was a three person God and what each person was. Show me specifically where one of those “persons” was called the Word of God or the Eternal Word in the Old Testament. Show me that the Jews were awaiting an eternal Word to come as their Messiah. Also, show me the trinity doctrine and then tell me what the doctrine calls the “second person”…does it call him a son or a word?

Ask your trinitarian pastor if the Son created the heavens and the earth and to show you the verses that supports that. As far as my experience goes with the trinitarian churches, they have no problem finding verses that will show that it was the Son that was the creator of the heaven and the earth.

I am no longer a trinitarian but I have shown you verses that the trinitarian churches use to show that the Son was used to create the heavens and the earth.
    Thanks,
    Kathi

Paladin
    Participant

Okay guys (and girls),

We have seen on the another thread that that the plural “US” is spoken by  Elohim and YHWH Elohim and then simply YHWH. Now we see Adonai speaking in the plural “US.”

thinker

Already answered at the bottom of the post located at https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….4;st=10

As for Psalm 110:1
    Psalm 110:1 “The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.”

What part of the bible do you read?

Do you not know that David was a prophet, foreseeing the resurrected Christ?

Acts 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. 30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; 31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. 32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses. 33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear. 34 For David is not ascended into the heavens: but he saith himself, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, 35 Until I make thy foes thy footstool. 36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Scripture interprets scripture.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 685 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account