Attention wj

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    SimplyForgiven
    Participant

WJ,

Mike

Whatever you think you are doing is immoral and IMO is nothing but gangster mentality.

Hahahaha! WJ, You should see my other posts where im callling him the “Godfather” lol!
    thats so funny that we came up with the same idea about mike.

Maybe its just a spiritual truth that was revealed here, through two wittnesses at different times haha.

Quote (t8 @ April 05 2011,20:48)
    WJ.

I seem to remember recently reading a post from Mike that answered your first question.

It had an explanation containing info explaining the difference with YHWH/LORD and lord (kurios).

Did you read that?

Maybe?

But even if he did, notice I do not start accusing him of dishonesty.

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 06 2011,12:56)
    Hahahaha! WJ, You should see my other posts where im callling him the “Godfather” lol!

Maybe its just a spiritual truth that was revealed here, through two wittnesses at different times haha.

But if the witnesses were Pharisees, then you could understand them coming to the same conclusion.
    After all, many Pharisees came to the same conclusion about Christ and the reason why they condemned him. How dare he challenge their truth.

Personally I don't see what the problem is with trying to get people to answer questions and curbing the practice of dodging posts and questions that infringe on ones doctrine.
    After all, is it not even in the interest of the person who is wrong to see that they are wrong, so they can change?

If a person is not willing to be challenged and only wants to hear what they want to hear, then they are not truth seekers but merely a proud stubborn person who lacks foresight regarding the reason why we are here.
    Such a person is being foolish with his own life/soul.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2011,04:28)
    But if the witnesses were Pharisees, then you could understand them coming to the same conclusion.
    After all, many Pharisees came to the same conclusion about Christ and the reason why they condemned him. How dare he challenge their truth.

That depends who are you calling the Pharisee unless your implying that we are.

The Pharisees also tempted Jesus and asked alot of “loaded questions” that Jesus either answered with a parable or asked his own questions to dodge, thier owns.
    He answered in his own way, while answering the question but not to thier terms.
    So how dare a person not answer what you WANT to hear according to thier preconceived truth.
    So if a person is not willing to accept an True answer, without requiering them to answer according to what they WANT to hear, than i can also say they are not truth seekers but merely a proud stubborn person who lacks foresight regarding the reason why we are here.
    Such a person is being foolish with his own life/soul.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 05 2011,16:35)
    WJ said:

Until Mike can tell me that 1 Cor 8:6 is saying the Father is not Lord also then it is obvious that Paul is not saying that the Father is God to the exclusion of Jesus.

Keith,

Exactly! The distinction in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is one of function and nothing more. The fact that it cannot be inferred that the Father is not Lord proves it.

Jack

Where did you read that in scripture, Jack?

mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi SF.

Covering all bases.

There is usually more than one possible reason for something, and if one explanation is given, then I like to balance that with another possible explanation.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 05 2011,19:56)
    WJ,

Mike

Whatever you think you are doing is immoral and IMO is nothing but gangster mentality.

Hey guys,

t8 has said it quite nicely.  I just want to have straight forward discussions.  Why is it like pulling teeth to get direct answers from you guys?  It shouldn't be.  I should be able to ask who our “one God” is in 8:6 and have everyone in the world just say, “the Father………duh!”  Why can't it be like that?  That is, after all, who Paul says our “one God” is in 8:6, right?

And you are welcome to your OPINIONS that Paul meant that Jesus and the Father were the “one God” (for some odd reason), but you should voice it as the OPINION that it is.  For you to make a statement of fact that Paul lists both Jesus and the Father as our “one God” in 8:6 is a flat out lie IMO.  That scripture doesn't even come close to saying that.

And now I'm getting in trouble with t8 for calling people out on their lies, when I feel it is they who should be in trouble for lying in the first place.

But the fact of the matter is that Paul DISTINCTLY and EXPLICITELY lists our one God as THE FATHER in 8:6.  Trinitarians don't like that truth, so they must PRETEND that Paul is saying something else that his many words in scripture contradict.  Wasn't it Paul who taught us that the HEAD OF Christ was GOD?  How does that make sense if Paul knew that Jesus WAS God?  ???  Paul doesn't say “THE FATHER” is the head of Christ, does he?  He says “God”.  So if the one single being of God is the HEAD OF Christ, then Christ isn't that one single being of God.  

The word “Christ” in itself should give it away guys.  ???

mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack Jr. @ April 06 2011,09:35)
    Keith,

Exactly! The distinction in 1 Corinthians 8:6 is one of function and nothing more. The fact that it cannot be inferred that the Father is not Lord proves it.

Jack

The true confession is that Jesus is Lord and the Father is God.

and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

yet for us there is but one God, the Father

one God and Father of all, who is over all and …

I personally wouldn't mess with this truth.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike, if these guys are hard of hearing, then it is their choice.

Our obligation is to stay on the true path.
    We are not responsible for those who err from truth.
    That said, we are obliged to speak the truth and hopefully the truth falls into good soil.

Praise God for his truth.

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2011,06:51)
    Hi SF.

Covering all bases.

There is usually more than one possible reason for something, and if one explanation is given, then I like to balance that with another possible explanation.

What you mean?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2011,20:16)

That said, we are obliged to speak the truth and hopefully the truth falls into good soil.

Point taken. Amen.

mike

SimplyForgiven
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 07 2011,07:16)

What if T8, that You and Mike disagree on an issue. Are you stilll walking in truth?

Quote (t8 @ April 06 2011,18:28)

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 06 2011,12:56)

Personally I don't see what the problem is with trying to get people to answer questions and curbing the practice of dodging posts and questions that infringe on ones doctrine.

t8

Did Jesus have a gangster mentality? Did Jesus always give them the answers they wanted? Did Jesus ever go out to attack people that disagree with him or who even lied against him? Did Jesus make demands on others to answer him?

Jesus spoke against the hypocrites but he never demanded anything from them with a threat that if they don't answer him then there would be repercussions (Giving tiles and banning) did he?

Crucify him is what his enemies wanted yet he says “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”.

Jesus said turn the other cheek, be harmless as doves, love your enemies, pray for your enemies not see what we can do to attack and condemn them.

The attitudes put forth here is nothing less than mental harassment and persecution. It is a form of mental crucifixion. This kind of attitude towards others that name the name of Christ is the same attitude they had in Jesus day when it was lawful to crucify someone who was considered a heretic.

There are a lot of mental crucifixions going on here and there are others gathering around the mental crosses scorning and laughing while they watch another Son of God suffer the mental torture of religious men who do not know God. IMO.

WJ

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 06 2011,21:06)
    But the fact of the matter is that Paul DISTINCTLY and EXPLICITELY lists our one God as THE FATHER in 8:6.

Mike

And 1 Cor 8:6 very specifically says that Jesus is the “One Lord” so if the Father is also that “One Lord” then Jesus is also that “One God”.

You can see my reasoning right?

You never answered this question Mike…

Is the Father the “Only god” spoken of in 1 Cor 8:6?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2011,09:11)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 06 2011,21:06)
    But the fact of the matter is that Paul DISTINCTLY and EXPLICITELY lists our one God as THE FATHER in 8:6.

Mike

And 1 Cor 8:6 very specifically says that Jesus is the “One Lord” so if the Father is also that “One Lord” then Jesus is also that “One God”.

WJ

I CAN see your faulty and far reaching reasoning, Keith. I've always been able to see it. You WANT Jesus to be God, so you read the scriptures with that in the back of your mind. And in doing so, you are blinded to the truth of what the scriptures are really teaching by your own bias.

The Father is most definitely NOT the “one Lord” mentioned in 8:6. Why on earth would you think He is, when Paul clearly says that Jesus is that “one Lord”? ???

YES! That's what I've been asking YOU! :) Now, take into consideration that verse 5 very CLEARLY says there are many gods and lords, both in heaven and on earth. So, how can Paul say there is LITERALLY only ONE God, when he just got done stating there are many, some of them even in heaven?

Let's finish this in the debate, Keith.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2011,09:02)

Did Jesus ever go out to attack people that disagree with him or who even lied against him?

Are you admitting something here?  :)  You should, you know.  It's all in the spotlight for everyone to see anyway.  Save some face and apologize already, will ya?  :)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ April 07 2011,09:02)

The attitudes put forth here is nothing less than mental harassment and persecution. It is a form of mental crucifixion.

Keith, think way back.  WHO started this form of attitude we now have between us?  Was it me asking questions?  Or could it have been when you decided to start using Jack's freaky little graphics and join him in ridiculing and insulting me?

Jack has belittled me since I came to this site.  I was thinking I was going to discuss scriptures with polite, mellow, fellow Christians.  Boy was I wrong.  But I'm able to dish back out any way you want to do it.  If you want to call a truce, then start posting politely to me, and I'll respond in like manner.  If you want to slam and belittle with your graphics, then I'll respond in like manner with the available emoticons here.

Take the “sheol” discussion Jack and I have been having lately.  He for some reason has been posting to me respectfully, and so that's how our conversation has been going.  Now if he suddenly decides to respond with one of his big bolded word posts telling everyone what an idiot I am amidst a bunch of funny graphics, then I'll too bring the same attitude right back to him.

The same goes with Istari.  He has posted to me respectfully in Kathi's thread, so I've responded the same way.  If he starts with the crap, I'll respond with crap.  DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU'D HAVE DONE TO YOU.   If you don't WANT mental persecution, then don't mentally persecute me.  Fair enough?

I'm willing to start a whole new page of discussing with you and Jack and Dennison and Istari.  If you don't bring it, then it won't be brought by me.  We can discourse as civilized Christian adults who just happen to understand scriptures differently and are trying to work out those differences in the light of the scriptures themselves.

It's your call, but whatever you bring, you'll take back with you.  Truce?

mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (SimplyForgiven @ April 07 2011,13:22)
    What if T8, that You and Mike disagree on an issue. Are you stilll walking in truth?

SF.

Walking in truth doesn't equate to having truth in all things. This is something that God possesses and we try to possess truth as God gives it to us through his son.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 07 2011,21:03)
    Keith, think way back.  WHO started this form of attitude we now have between us?  Was it me asking questions?  Or could it have been when you decided to start using Jack's freaky little graphics and join him in ridiculing and insulting me?

Mike

I see. “So it is do unto others as they do unto you?”

There is a big difference in someone putting smiley faces and Emoticons in a post as opposed to accusing someone of being dishonest and liars or degrading and belittleing others!

See the difference?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Keith,

If I ever accuse you of being dishonest for giving an honest answer, let me know.

Btw, where has your cheeleader been lately?

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 13 2011,19:33)
    Keith,

If I ever accuse you of being dishonest for giving an honest answer, let me know.

Btw, where has your cheeleader been lately?

Mike

Were you dishonest for overlooking that you had agreed that I answered you honestly twice and then for about 12 days afterwards you accused me anyway of being dishonest?

Were you being honest Mike for your oversight or should I accuse you of lying?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account