Attacking the rich

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

This is an oldie, but a goodie.
    ======================

Suppose that every day, ten men go out for beer and the bill for all ten comes to $100. If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:

* The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing.

* The fifth would pay $1.

* The sixth would pay $3.

* The seventh would pay $7.

* The eighth would pay $12.

* The ninth would pay $18.

* The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.

So, that's what they decided to do.

The ten men drank in the bar every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement, until one day, the owner threw them a curve. “Since you are all such good customers,” he said, “I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily beer by $20.” Drinks for the ten now cost just $80 total.

The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes so the first four men were unaffected. They would still drink for free. But what about the other six men – the paying customers? How could they divide the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share?' They realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being paid to drink his beer. So, the bar owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.

And so:

* The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings).

* The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33%savings).

* The seventh now pay $5 instead of $7 (28%savings).

* The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 ( 25% savings).

* The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 ( 22% savings).

* The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).

Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to drink for free. But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.

“I only got a dollar out of the $20,” declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man,”but he got $10!”

“Yeah, that's right,” exclaimed the fifth man. “I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than I!”

“That's true!!” shouted the seventh man. “Why should he get $10 back when I got only two? The wealthy get all the breaks!”

“Wait a minute,” yelled the first four men in unison. “We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!”

The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.

The next night the tenth man didn't show up for drinks, so the nine sat down and had beers without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!

And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up anymore. In fact, they might start drinking overseas where the atmosphere is somewhat friendlier.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I know nothing about this, but I've always thought a flat national sales tax would be the most fair.

Those who have steak for dinner will pay more tax than those who can only afford hamburger.

And those who drive a Bentley will pay more taxes on that car than those who can only afford a Chevy.

Makes sense to me.  And look at all the money we'd save by eliminating most of the IRS jobs that are now required.

We could use that money to create other jobs for them.

mike

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2010,21:20)
    I know nothing about this, but I've always thought a flat national sales tax would be the most fair.

Those who have steak for dinner will pay more tax than those who can only afford hamburger.

And those who drive a Bentley will pay more taxes on that car than those who can only afford a Chevy.

Makes sense to me.  And look at all the money we'd save by eliminating most of the IRS jobs that are now required.

We could use that money to create other jobs for them.

mike

Mike

it does not matter what you try to do ,this system is doomed to fire,

the corruption in people all over the world in government even civil workers is so intense it can not be repaired,

the wicked are over flowing the righteous ones,

look at the news,from any country,same problem.corruption from inside,
    WE NEED GODS KINGDOM
    Pierre

Proclaimer
    Participant

True.

Jesus said to render unto Ceasar what is Ceasar's and to God what is God's.
    Yet the empire still crucified Christians who were probably the most honest and model citizens by reason of their beliefs.

In the end the human heart is full of wickedness.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Agreed. :)

Tim Kraft
    Participant

t8: Your post about the taxing system was so good. It gives a vivid perception of how it is actulally working (or not working). Thanks!

It brought forth a few comments about the desire for Gods Kingdom to come which, if Gods Kingdom has not come to mankind, then Jesus lied to us. Jesus doesn't lie so the Kingdom of God is within every human that accepts it and lives it. So, what is the Kingdom of God.
    The scriptures say the Kingdom of God is righteousness, peace, love and joy in the Holy Ghost. So lets picture a man who accepts peace,

love and joy within himself. Then Jesus says I have cleansed you and made you whole. So the human accepts that. Jesus says I have ordained you for the healing work of God. So accepted. Jesus says I have taken away your sin. So accepted. I have made you a perfect son of God with the annointing of God for the healing of the nations. So it is. Then Jesus says I have put away evil/death for I am the reserrection to this new life in God. So that is accepted.
    This human now has accepted the truth of who he is, by what the lord Jesus has already done for him. In his mind and heart he is sinnless,

perfect unto God, annointed with the power of God, clean, whole, full of the Holy Ghost, peace, love and joy eternally where there is no evil/death/sickness/disease/hurt/pain/suffering/lies/cheating/hostility/hatred/discord et.al.!
    This is how the heart of a man of God is created. This is what we are supposed to believe, accept and become. This destroys wickedness!

A man who is told continuously by religious heirarchy and Bible thumpers that he is unworthy, unclean, full of wickedness and believes he is a sinner, and sins all the time, thereby he feels unclean, un-whole, weak, dirty, powerless, apart from God, and WAITING FOR GOD OR JESUS TO COME AND CLEAN UP THE MESS is a very dangerous man, created with evil words/spirits and untruth/deception and lies. Now

he does have a wicked heart, he accepted the lies of religion that destroyed him from the inside out!! It turns to rage inside and kills on the outside. It starts with what we believe. If we believe the truth, we can save the world, Jesus is finished, it is up to us to spread his love. IMO TK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account