Atheism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 753 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Aren't both important, Tim?  Why would evolving smarter brains cause a devolution of muscular strength?  Shouldn't both have increased equally?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 28 2011,05:21)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Dec. 28 2011,04:37)
    If you ever imagine the strength of any kind of monkey even a very small one you would have to then believe that evolution somehow robbed us of muscular strength and that wouldn't make sense to devolve such a strong survival aspect as strength

Hi Bod,

You don't seem to understand evolution very well.
    It would make perfect sense that as brain power became more important to survival than strength, strength would “devolve”.

Tim

Actually Tim you are incorrect the theory of evolution is not some sort of purpose driven occurence it is based on the theory of biological adaptability to the environment meaning whatever organism survives those features that assist survival would be maintained but not because of any purpose. How could a blind process have purpose?

You may not understand what the theory of evolution actually is and whn you don't know it will cause you to say things like man stood up on his two legs to look over the tall grass but please keep in mind evolution is not a purpose driven process

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Dec. 28 2011,13:31)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 28 2011,05:21)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Dec. 28 2011,04:37)
    If you ever imagine the strength of any kind of monkey even a very small one you would have to then believe that evolution somehow robbed us of muscular strength and that wouldn't make sense to devolve such a strong survival aspect as strength

Hi Bod,

You don't seem to understand evolution very well.
    It would make perfect sense that as brain power became more important to survival than strength, strength would “devolve”.

Tim

Actually Tim you are incorrect the theory of evolution is not some sort of purpose driven occurence it is based on the theory of biological adaptability to the environment meaning whatever organism survives those features that assist survival would be maintained but not because of any purpose. How could  a blind process have purpose?

You may not understand what the theory of evolution actually is and whn you don't know it will cause you to say things like man stood up on his two legs to look over the tall grass but please keep in mind evolution is not a purpose driven process

HI Bod,

I never insinuated that evolution was a purpose driven occurence. Why do you make things up. The people with more brains simply survived better than the ones with big muscles.
    Intelligence helped man to adapt to changing situations and environment much better than did big muscles.

Tim

Proclaimer
    Participant

Evolution is a faith that assumes more fantastic things than any other faith sytem.

Evolutionists or those that believe that doctrine make statements like the ones with smarter brains survived…

Do they realise the technology that goes into a smarter brain or even a simple one.

We who have the advantage of intelligence (possessing one of these intelligent brains) can only stand in awe at what something with the supposed IQ of zero (about the same as a pair of boots) came up with. Not only that, but all the brains, and everything else in the universe to boot.

It is such an obvious and simple fact that the universe is evidence of intelligence beyond anything we can imagine as well as something eternal that indeed the scripture that says that those who refused to love the truth are given over to the spirit of error and delusion is absolutely right on.

Evolutionists are also deluded into thinking that those that do not believe it do not understand it. Often it is the very opposite because it is by understanding that theory that leads a non-biased and non-brainwashed mind to see that the whole theory sits on a faith and belief system that is impossible. They assume that everything came from nothing or something non-living an eternal because that is the only 2 other options. Anyone who checks those 2 possible Atheistic explanations to everything will soon see that they are impossible even if they dedicate 1 hour of thought to it.

However, even when they have this evidence, they are still compelled to believe the impossible delusion over logic.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
    10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Good posts t8 and Asana!

Tim, Asana is right on point, for it was you who said, It would make perfect sense that as brain power became more important to survival than strength, strength would “devolve”.

Perfect “sense” to WHOM? Evolution is not purpose driven, remember? And it seems to me that the one who increased in both muscular strength AND brain power would be the one who survived.

Where are those beings?  Where are the ones who evolved from apes with bigger brains AND bigger muscles?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2011,11:15)
    Good posts t8 and Asana!

Tim, Asana is right on point, for it was you who said, It would make perfect sense that as brain power became more important to survival than strength, strength would “devolve”.

Perfect “sense” to WHOM?  Evolution is not purpose driven, remember?  And it seems to me that the one who increased in both muscular strength AND brain power would be the one who survived.

Where are those beings?  Where are the ones who evolved from apes with bigger brains AND bigger muscles?

It makes perfect sense to me Mike.

That doesn't mean that beings could not also have evolved with both more intelligence and larger size.
    What you highlighted does not imply that evolution is purpose driven, as you and Asana keep saying.

There is a distinction between the purpose that comes about as adaptation via natural selection, and the purpose that comes about through the intent of a planning brain. The former purpose, then, resembles an intentional purpose, but is not such. The latter is itself an evolved adaptation
    And although evolution has thereby spawned many new species and even major new forms of life, it does not need or aim for intelligence.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 29 2011,08:25)
    Evolution is a faith that assumes more fantastic things than any other faith sytem.

Evolutionists or those that believe that doctrine make statements like the ones with smarter brains survived…

Do they realise the technology that goes into a smarter brain or even a simple one.

We who have the advantage of intelligence (possessing one of these intelligent brains) can only stand in awe at what something with the supposed IQ of zero (about the same as a pair of boots) came up with. Not only that, but all the brains, and everything else in the universe to boot.

It is such an obvious and simple fact that the universe is evidence of intelligence beyond anything we can imagine as well as something eternal that indeed the scripture that says that those who refused to love the truth are given over to the spirit of error and delusion is absolutely right on.

Evolutionists are also deluded into thinking that those that do not believe it do not understand it. Often it is the very opposite because it is by understanding that theory that leads a non-biased and non-brainwashed mind to see that the whole theory sits on a faith and belief system that is impossible. They assume that everything came from nothing or something non-living an eternal because that is the only 2 other options. Anyone who checks those 2 possible Atheistic explanations to everything will soon see that they are impossible even if they dedicate 1 hour of thought to it.

However, even when they have this evidence, they are still compelled to believe the impossible delusion over logic.

2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
    10 and all the ways that wickedness deceives those who are perishing. They perish because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie 12 and so that all will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Hi T8,

Congratulations.
    I have seldom seen that much miss-information presented in such little space.

Tim

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 29 2011,05:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 29 2011,11:15)
    Good posts t8 and Asana!

Perfect “sense” to WHOM?  Evolution is not purpose driven, remember?  And it seems to me that the one who increased in both muscular strength AND brain power would be the one who survived.

It makes perfect sense to me Mike.

But YOU have intellegence, Tim.  So it is natural that it would make “perfect sense” to YOU.  But evolution doesn't have intelligence, right?  So why would evolution take a path that makes “perfect sense” to someone WITH intelligence?

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 29 2011,05:19)
    That doesn't mean that beings could not also have evolved with both more intelligence and larger size.

Where are the fossil records of such a species?  When did the bigger, stronger, smarter humanoids live?  And why on earth would a species with that much ammo go extinct?

Tim, it takes much more faith to believe in your god, evolution, than in my God, Jehovah.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Mike,
    You said “So why would evolution take a path that makes “perfect sense” to someone WITH intelligence?”

Why would evolution be prohibited from taking that path?

“Where are the fossil records of such a species? When did the bigger, stronger, smarter humanoids live?”

According to your bible it was after the angels came down and mated with human women. Remember nephilim? :D

“Tim, it takes much more faith to believe in your god, evolution, than in my God, Jehovah.”

Faith is believing in something which can not be proven, like Jehovah. Evolution is a science, not my god, and has many proofs.

Tim

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 29 2011,09:54)
    Evolution is a science, not my god, and has many proofs.

There are indeed many proofs that creatures evolve according to their environments.

There are no proofs that life started from non-living particles, and then evolved into the various life forms we see today.

Absolutely none, Tim.

Tim, when the “FIRST fish” walked out of the ocean onto land, why were there already trees and insects there?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2011,03:00)
    Tim, when the “FIRST fish” walked out of the ocean onto land, why were there already trees and insects there?

Why else would the first fish want to walk out of the ocean? :D

I have no idea if a fish walked out of the ocean or perhaps flopped out and was able to survive, and from there evolved to some sort of land based motivation. You of course understand that this would not happen over night.

Tim

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 29 2011,10:36)
    Why else would the first fish want to walk out of the ocean? :D

:)  That's what I'm saying!  How is it that those plants and insects were already evolved and there waiting for that first fish?

You of course understand that this would not happen over night.

In my understanding, it didn't happen at all. :)

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 30 2011,11:32)

In my understanding, it didn't happen at all.  :)

I know. That is sad. :(

Tim

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 31 2011,03:54)

I know. That is sad.  :(

Tim

frank

we all believe according to the development of our own intelligence,

no need to be sad , :)

Pierre

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Sad for who, Tim? The god of evolution? He doesn't care, does he? :)

What if I'm wrong, Tim? Then what? I die and become worm food just like you? No biggie.

But…………. What if YOU'RE wrong?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Dec. 31 2011,02:09)
    Sad for who, Tim?  The god of evolution?  He doesn't care, does he?  :)

What if I'm wrong, Tim?  Then what?  I die and become worm food just like you?  No biggie.

But………….  What if YOU'RE wrong?

What if we are both wrong?
    What if a different god is going to send us both to burn for eternity?

Me for believing in science and you for believing in the wrong god.

Tim

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well then it seems that I have a 50/50 chance, while you have no chance at all. :)

TimothyVI
    Participant

But you are not looking at the whole picture Mike.
    Your chances are only 50/50 if there is only the one other option.

It is just as possible that this other god is angrier at you for following the wrong god than at someone who merely didn't know, much like Yaweh displays much more wrath for worshipping another god besides himself.

It is entirely possible that you have experienced something that has convinced you of a god.
    Unless he told you directly and audibly, you are only guessing which god it is based on what other people have told you.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 31 2011,02:07)

Tim

frank

Pierre

I don't understand T.
    What does frank mean in French?

Tim

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 31 2011,10:23)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 31 2011,02:07)

Tim

frank

Pierre

I don't understand T.
    What does frank mean in French?

Tim

Frank

means french
    Novempopulana
    In 297, as Emperor Diocletian reformed the administrative structures of the Roman Empire, Aquitania was split into three provinces. The territory south of the Garonne River, corresponding to the original Aquitania, was made a province called Novempopulania (that is, “land of the nine tribes”), while the part of Gallia Aquitania north of the Garonne became the province of Aquitanica I and the province of Aquitanica II. The territory of Novempopulania corresponded quite well to what we call now Gascony.
    The Aquitania Novempopulana or Novempopulania suffered like the rest of the Western Roman Empire from the invasions of Germanic tribes, most notably the Vandals in 407–409. In 416–418, Novempopulania was delivered to the Visigoths as their federate settlement lands and became part of the Visigoth kingdom of Toulouse, while other than the region of the Garonne river their actual grip on the area may have been rather loose.
    The Visigoths were defeated by the Franks in 507, and fled into Spain and Septimania, as well as Albania Novempopulania then became part of the Frankish Kingdom like the rest of southern France. However, Novempopulania was far away from the home base of the Franks in northern France, and was only very loosely controlled by the Franks. During all the troubled and blur period, starting from early 5th century accounts, the bagaudae are often cited, social uprisings against tax exaction and feudalization, largely associated to Vasconic unrest.
    [edit]Wasconia

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 753 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account