Atheism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 753 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2012,15:02)
    With regard to micelles, I've asked you whether you are ready for the chemistry involved in the next stage(s) of the model(s) of abiogenesis………….

If they are not truly an example of LIFE FORMS “livening” themselves out of non-life, then why bother? Because unless they are truly LIFE FORMS, then it wouldn't really answer my question, would it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2012,15:14)
    Darwin predicted there would be found transitional fossils, and that is what was found

Prove that, Stu.

Today we have tiny horses, medium sized horses, and large horses.

Do you suppose that evolutionists a million years from now will consider the medium horse to be the “link” between the other two?

ANY and EVERY fossil ever found could be the remains of a SEPARATE species that God created unique from all others.  Just because you SAY the medium horse is the link between the other two doesn't mean that's the truth, does it?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 15 2012,15:20)
    Here is an example, from horse evolution, of fossils of species that were going extinct being used to demonstrate the changes happening in the main line of descent:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/lines/IAtransitional2.shtml

Stuart

:D  :laugh:  :D

It's funny that I mentioned horses for my example before even reading this post! But my argument remains the same no matter what your source says. Just because THEY think that this species shows a link of evolution between two other species is not to say that is the truth of the matter.

Do you agree?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,08:22)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,01:33)
    You mean those like Nicodemus, Asana?  It seems to me Jesus tried to teach this one who had “abused his position of power”, despite this fact.

He even taught the Pharisees.  It's just that the pride they had in their own human understanding prohibited them from humbling themselves and accepting what Jesus was teaching them.  They could not bring themselves to admit their own human misunderstandings and fault, and accept that they had been doing it wrong.

It was human pride in the intelligence of flawed human minds that caused the Pharisees to blow off the truth.  It is this same misplaced sense of pride in flawed human minds that cause atheists to do the same.

It is when man thinks he has all the answers that it becomes evident that he knows very little.

peace,
    mike

Matthew 13:9-11

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”
    10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
    11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, ]B]but to them it has not been given.]/B]

Your answer to this is illogical Jesus is saying I am purposely talking this way to make it difficult for them and they were complex so complex that even the disciples couldn't understand with assistance

Mark 4
    13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

Hi BD,

Try to keep from lying, OK, BD?
    You speak 'FALSE TRUTHS' here at H-net,
    examine closely what is says in the next part of the text…

Matt 13:15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and
    their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed;

lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears,
    and (they) should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,15:22)
    Your answer to this is illogical Jesus is saying I am purposely talking this way to make it difficult for them and they were complex so complex that even the disciples couldn't understand with assistance

It was Jesus' point to separate those who were willing to believe with their hearts from those who would only believe if their super-intelligent human brains told them it made sense.

Luke 10:21
    At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.”

Mark 10:15
    “I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

What is illogical is you trying to say the one foretold as a Wonderful Counselor actually came to confuse instead of counsel.

And what's more illogical to me is the reason you do it.  You think that if you can convince yourself (or us) that Jesus was the “Riddler”, then there's a chance he tricked us into thinking he died when he really didn't.  Or that maybe his dying is just one of the “hard to understand parables”. And then your new age “prophet” could be right.

(At least that's what I see as your motivation)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 15 2012,18:37)
    and (they) should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Exactly Ed.

I should have used that scripture in my last post.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Stu, you get bogged down in the finer details of things, and completely ignore the more weighty foundation and source of all things.

If you do not know how everything started, then explaining things now as disproving a creator is ridiculous in the highest order.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 16 2012,12:41)
    Stu, you get bogged down in the finer details of things, and completely ignore the more weighty foundation and source of all things.

If you do not know how everything started, then explaining things now as disproving a creator is ridiculous in the highest order.

Hi T8,

They have two Scientific hurdles they must overcome for evolution to be taken seriously.

These ideas are both contrary to Science.

1) How the universe was created without a Creator.
             2) How life started from non-life.

The ONLY hope they have, is to trick the ignorant.

God bless

Proclaimer
    Participant

That includes themselves Edj.

2 Timothy 3:13
    But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Evolution of the horse theory has many difficulties according to http://www.bible.ca/tracks/textbook-fraud-dawn-horse-eohippus.htm.

• The rib numbers first decrease, then increase suddenly, and then decrease again. Hyracotherium had 18 pairs of ribs, Orohippus had 15, Pliohippus had 19, the horse has 18.
  • The number of lumbar vertebrae also changes from six to eight and then back to six.
  • In the Rattlesnake Formation of the John Day Country of northeastern Oregon, the three-toed horse Neohipparion is found with the one-toed horse, Pliohippus. (cf. Nevins, S., Creation Research Society Quarterly, Vol. 10, 1974, p. 196) No transitional forms between the two are found.
  • Although evolutionists project the illusion that there is a slow gradual, well documented change from Hyracotherium to Equus, in fact no evolutionary intermediates exist. Each of the animals abruptly appears in the fossil record (punctuated), with no physical signs of transitional species. (Bowden, M., The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, Creation-Life Publishers, San Diego, California, 1982, p. 117)
  • The horse series was constructed from fossils found in many different parts of the world, and nowhere does this succession occur in one location. The arrangement of the evolution of horse is made by aligning various fossils found in India, South America, North America and Europe, in a series from the smallest to the largest. (Modern horses range from 17″ to 80″ in size)
  • There is no consensus on horse ancestry. Instead of the single series that is depicted in textbooks, more than 20 different “horse bushes” have been invented, in order to desperately stretch the theory over conflicting evidence. This proves the bushes are guesswork and speculation. (cf. Bowden, M., The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, Creation-Life Publishers, San Diego, California, 1982, p. 117)
  • Two modern-day horse species, equus nevadenis and equus occidentalis, have been found in the same rock formation in Nebraska USA as Eohippus proving that both lived at the same time. (cf. Wysong, R.L., The Creation-Evolution Controversy, Inquiry Press, Midland, Michigan, 1981, p. 455, see also Hitching)
  • Cope's Rule, at the left, is to line up horses from smaller to larger. Yet the Fallabella horse of Argentina is fully grown at 43 centimeters (17 inches) high. This is about the same size as Hyracotherium. Horse size varies considerably from the tiny Fallabella to the massive Clydesdale. Both are horses. This proves that lining up the horse ancestors under the assumption of increasing size is wrong.
  • The same disorder is seen in the teeth number of the imaginary ancestors of horse and the teeth number of the horse of our day.
    The only types of teeth found for the horses have been either grazing or browsing types. No other types of teeth have been discovered. So, not even transitional teeth exist. (Moore, John, N., and Harold S. Slusher, Eds., Biology: A Search for Order in Complexity, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1970, p. 548)
  • “Moropus” that lived in the Miocene Age, is not included in the fossil series although it resembles a horse in great deal, just because it does not serve to the purpose of the evolutionists. It is thus expressed in the encyclopedia of Prehistoric Animals that Moropus of two metres height is larger in size than both Meryhippuston of the same age and the horse of today.
  • Horse fossils are not found below one another in the rocks. On the contrary, bones of Hyracotherium (Eohippus) are often to be found at the surface, and the only reason for calling these strata 'Eocene' is that Hyracotherium fossils have been found in them!
Ed J
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 16 2012,13:05)
That includes themselves Edj.

2 Timothy 3:13
But evil men and impostors will proceed from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived.

Hi T8,

Precisely, they have already tricked themselves into believing a lie as God has stated here…

Saying to a stock(cross), Thou art my father; and to
a stone(minerals), Thou hast brought me forth: (Jer 2:27)

“they have turned their back unto me, and not their face: but
in the time of their trouble they will say, arise [God], and save us.”

God bless

Ed J
Participant

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 16 2012,13:05)
Evolution of the horse theory has many difficulties according to http://www.bible.ca/tracks/textbook-fraud-dawn-horse-eohippus.htm.

• The rib numbers first decrease, then increase suddenly, and then decrease again. Hyracotherium had 18 pairs of ribs, Orohippus had 15, Pliohippus had 19, the horse has 18.
  • The number of lumbar vertebrae also changes from six to eight and then back to six.
  • In the Rattlesnake Formation of the John Day Country of northeastern Oregon, the three-toed horse Neohipparion is found with the one-toed horse, Pliohippus. (cf. Nevins, S., Creation Research Society Quarterly, Vol. 10, 1974, p. 196) No transitional forms between the two are found.
  • Although evolutionists project the illusion that there is a slow gradual, well documented change from Hyracotherium to Equus, in fact no evolutionary intermediates exist. Each of the animals abruptly appears in the fossil record (punctuated), with no physical signs of transitional species. (Bowden, M., The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, Creation-Life Publishers, San Diego, California, 1982, p. 117)
  • The horse series was constructed from fossils found in many different parts of the world, and nowhere does this succession occur in one location. The arrangement of the evolution of horse is made by aligning various fossils found in India, South America, North America and Europe, in a series from the smallest to the largest. (Modern horses range from 17″ to 80″ in size)
  • There is no consensus on horse ancestry. Instead of the single series that is depicted in textbooks, more than 20 different “horse bushes” have been invented, in order to desperately stretch the theory over conflicting evidence. This proves the bushes are guesswork and speculation. (cf. Bowden, M., The Rise of the Evolution Fraud, Creation-Life Publishers, San Diego, California, 1982, p. 117)
  • Two modern-day horse species, equus nevadenis and equus occidentalis, have been found in the same rock formation in Nebraska USA as Eohippus proving that both lived at the same time. (cf. Wysong, R.L., The Creation-Evolution Controversy, Inquiry Press, Midland, Michigan, 1981, p. 455, see also Hitching)
  • Cope's Rule, at the left, is to line up horses from smaller to larger. Yet the Fallabella horse of Argentina is fully grown at 43 centimeters (17 inches) high. This is about the same size as Hyracotherium. Horse size varies considerably from the tiny Fallabella to the massive Clydesdale. Both are horses. This proves that lining up the horse ancestors under the assumption of increasing size is wrong.
  • The same disorder is seen in the teeth number of the imaginary ancestors of horse and the teeth number of the horse of our day.
    The only types of teeth found for the horses have been either grazing or browsing types. No other types of teeth have been discovered. So, not even transitional teeth exist. (Moore, John, N., and Harold S. Slusher, Eds., Biology: A Search for Order in Complexity, Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan, 1970, p. 548)
  • “Moropus” that lived in the Miocene Age, is not included in the fossil series although it resembles a horse in great deal, just because it does not serve to the purpose of the evolutionists. It is thus expressed in the encyclopedia of Prehistoric Animals that Moropus of two metres height is larger in size than both Meryhippuston of the same age and the horse of today.
  • Horse fossils are not found below one another in the rocks. On the contrary, bones of Hyracotherium (Eohippus) are often to be found at the surface, and the only reason for calling these strata 'Eocene' is that Hyracotherium fossils have been found in them!

• Hi T8,

The fact is: what has been observed in Science
    does NOT line up with evolutionary theory.

God bless

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 16 2012,11:37)

You mean those like Nicodemus, Asana?  It seems to me Jesus tried to teach this one who had “abused his position of power”, despite this fact.

He even taught the Pharisees.  It's just that the pride they had in their own human understanding prohibited them from humbling themselves and accepting what Jesus was teaching them.  They could not bring themselves to admit their own human misunderstandings and fault, and accept that they had been doing it wrong.

It was human pride in the intelligence of flawed human minds that caused the Pharisees to blow off the truth.  It is this same misplaced sense of pride in flawed human minds that cause atheists to do the same.

It is when man thinks he has all the answers that it becomes evident that he knows very little.

peace,
    mike

10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
    11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, ]B]but to them it has not been given.]/B]

Mark 4
    13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

Hi BD,

God bless

So why exactly did Jesus speak in parables if he still needed to explain to the disciples in private?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,11:45)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 15 2012,15:22)

It was Jesus' point to separate those who were willing to believe with their hearts from those who would only believe if their super-intelligent human brains told them it made sense.

Luke 10:21
    At that time Jesus, full of joy through the Holy Spirit, said, “I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.”

Mark 10:15
    “I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it.”

What is illogical is you trying to say the one foretold as a Wonderful Counselor actually came to confuse instead of counsel.

And what's more illogical to me is the reason you do it.  You think that if you can convince yourself (or us) that Jesus was the “Riddler”, then there's a chance he tricked us into thinking he died when he really didn't.  Or that maybe his dying is just one of the “hard to understand parables”.  And then your new age “prophet” could be right.

(At least that's what I see as your motivation)

Where was Jesus called wonderful counsellor accept when you force the verses to say it?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,14:24)

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 16 2012,11:37)

peace,
    mike

Mark 4

Hi BD,

God bless

So why exactly did Jesus speak in parables if he still needed to explain to the disciples in private?

Hi BD,

Jesus' disciples understood most of his Parables.
    Jesus spoke in parables to fulfill this Scripture…

Psalms 78:1-4 Give ear, O my people, to my law: incline your ears to the words
    of my mouth. I will open my mouth in a parable: I will utter dark sayings of old:

Which we have heard and known, and our fathers have told us. We will not hide
    them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD,
    and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.

God bless

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2012,03:40)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Jan. 12 2012,22:06)

I can tell you with certainty that the bible's cosmology is wrong.

No, you actually can't, WIT.  Or at least you haven't shown me yet.

It seems to me that if you can't prove the universe is NOT in a dome, then you can't, with any CERTAINTY, make the claim about the “firmament” that you are trying to make.

When I first brought this issue up with Ed, I asked an open ended question.  I let him (and later you) explain what happened on Day 2 of creation according to the bible.  You and Ed both decided that the firmament in that passage was talking about the atmosphere/sky.  When I challenged you to reconcile that explanation with the Day 4 account of the sun, moon, and stars being placed in the firmament, Ed changed the subject, and you suggested that the firmament is now possibly the entire universe!

I proved to you that believers, including you and Ed, would naturally understand that the firmament in the creation myth is the sky and that only when challenged would try to reinterpret it to be something else.  You have demonstrated quite perfectly that you can only accept the bible's view of certain things by refusing to believe what it is obviously saying.

Go back and read Genesis 1, and keep this picture in mind when you do.

It fits like a glove!

[W]hich “science” knows more than the scriptures?  The science of 1000 years ago?  200 years ago?  100?  50?  Last year?

See WIT, what scientists know “with certainty” TODAY is always and forever being disproved by later scientists.

Here's the funny thing, Mike.

You have no idea what I look like.  You've never met me and likely never will.  You could very well live on the other side of the earth from me, (like Stu).  Yet, we are having a discussion about the bible with each other.

How is that even remotely possible?  Science!  (More accurately, the applied science of engineering.)

And, this, a forum on the internet, is one of the duller achievements of science.  There are so many remarkable things that we as humans can do, because of science, and a lot of that progress was achieved once the grip of religious thinking was eased to a degree that people were no longer threatened with being burned at the stake merely for discovering and publishing the truth.

Yes, science continues to learn from its mistakes and get better every year, but that is clearly a good thing, not some shameful quality as you try to paint it.  By contrast, religions cause people to still think that it's OK to execute “demon possessed” children, or mutilate women suspected of witchcraft.  (Both examples are from Christian sects in Africa.)

Let me put it to you this way:

How has the bible uniquely been of practical benefit to humanity in terms of helping human progress in this world?  (I am ruling out “spiritual progress” for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Christians can't even agree on a consistent set of spiritual principles.)

Science demonstrates its usefulness everyday in every aspect of your life.  Religion, on the other hand, brings conflict and hatred, even among those who believe in the same God, (like the Christians on this forum).

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Jan. 17 2012,03:22)

[W]hich “science” knows more than the scriptures?  The science of 1000 years ago?  200 years ago?  100?  50?  Last year?

See WIT, what scientists know “with certainty” TODAY is always and forever being disproved by later scientists.

Here's the funny thing, Mike.

You have no idea what I look like.  You've never met me and likely never will.  You could very well live on the other side of the earth from me, (like Stu).  Yet, we are having a discussion about the bible with each other.

How is that even remotely possible?  Science!  (More accurately, the applied science of engineering.)

And, this, a forum on the internet, is one of the duller achievements of science.  There are so many remarkable things that we as humans can do, because of science, and a lot of that progress was achieved once the grip of religious thinking was eased to a degree that people were no longer threatened with being burned at the stake merely for discovering and publishing the truth.

Yes, science continues to learn from its mistakes and get better every year, but that is clearly a good thing, not some shameful quality as you try to paint it.  By contrast, religions cause people to still think that it's OK to execute “demon possessed” children, or mutilate women suspected of witchcraft.  (Both examples are from Christian sects in Africa.)

Let me put it to you this way:

How has the bible uniquely been of practical benefit to humanity in terms of helping human progress in this world?  (I am ruling out “spiritual progress” for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that Christians can't even agree on a consistent set of spiritual principles.)

Science demonstrates its usefulness everyday in every aspect of your life.  Religion, on the other hand, brings conflict and hatred, even among those who believe in the same God, (like the Christians on this forum).

And what about the science of evolution?

“Evolution lies at the heart of biology. It is seamlessly and continuously linked to health research to better understand such conditions as AIDS or bird flu or Parkinson's or cancer or heart disease. Every biomedical experiment, every tiny advance, every major breakthrough ultimately connects to the principles first postulated by Darwin.” (Huntington F. Willard of Duke University)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 15 2012,20:05)

• So what I imagined evolutionists a million years from now might do is exactly what today's evolutionists have done?  Interesting.

Stu, how can you guys ignore the vast possibility that these “in between link fossils” are really a completely different species that once roamed the earth?

It's sad to think you guys claim that this large horse evolved from that smaller horse, when the truth is that both sizes of horse lived at the same time – much like the different sizes of horses that live today.

T8, thank you for that info.  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 15 2012,19:41)

IMO, even IF scientists were to eventually set up an experiment where life starts from non-life, it STILL wouldn't prove creation wrong.

Because first of all, I doubt we can even detect the smallest life forms in existence.  There could exist life forms so tiny that 100 electron microscopes piled on top of each other still couldn't see it.  So then we'd be asking if this non-life really came to life, or if these smaller, undetectable life forms kept converging together to the point we could actually see them.  (Kind of like being able to see bacteria or mold once there is enough of it for us to see.)

And secondly, just because something CAN happen doesn't mean that's the way it DID happen.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 17 2012,14:05)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 15 2012,20:05)

• So what I imagined evolutionists a million years from now might do is exactly what today's evolutionists have done?  Interesting.

Stu, how can you guys ignore the vast possibility that these “in between link fossils” aren't really a completely different species that once roamed the earth?

It's sad to think you guys claim that this large horse evolved from that smaller horse, when the truth is that both sizes of horse lived at the same time – much like the different sizes of horses that live today.

T8, thank you for that info.  :)

Mike

the evolutionist do not care about the truth ,their goal is to deny that God exist ,and they do not care how many lies it takes to do that ,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 361 through 380 (of 753 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
    or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account