Atheism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 753 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 13 2012,19:41)
    Actually, you asked this:  “I'm asking WHY the first cells would have started to exist with a reproductive capability in the first place.”

No.  Actually, my original question was:
    WHY would this first life form that just happened to live because of the perfect storm of circumstances develop with the ability to reproduce its species?  

(You can see where you responded to THAT particular question on page 28)

And that is STILL the question I'm waiting to have answered.  If, by your own words, micelles are not “life forms” (as I was assuming when you brought them up), then you have yet to address my question.  

So you want me to do your work for you.

Isn't it YOU who is calling ME a liar?  It seems to me that it is YOU who should then offer substantiation for that accusation.  

While your sexism is despicable, my reaction was actually that I laughed heartily at your inappropriateness, and general lack of fitness to be any kind of moderator of an internet forum.

And were this YOUR site, those words would might mean something to someone.

Romans 14:4
    Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 13 2012,19:49)
    Greeks and Chinese philosophers knew far more science at the same time as the writing of the Jewish bible.

Why is it that everything EXCEPT for the Bible is considered as viable evidence?  ???

If the Bible says it, scientists poo-poo it.  But, when they later read the same historical account on an ancient Assyrian coniform, or on a cave wall in Egypt, all of a sudden it's a fact.  :)

I still remember the great scientists saying Moses couldn't have possibly written a first hand account of the exodus, because written language didn't yet exist in that time period.  It was only many years later, when they found OTHER writings from that time period, that they accepted the truth of the matter.

We see this kind of thing played out over and over with scientists from every generation.

And that was my point.  What we KNOW today is not the same as what we will KNOW tomorrow.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2012,20:34)
    When someone asks you about reproductive capacity don't just start making things up because once you get into sexual creatures how are you going to then explain the simultaneous readiness of reproductive capacity needed to make SEXUAL reproduction necessary?

That was next on the agenda, Asana…………. after Stu showed me how reproduction of the first life forms came to be in the first place.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 14 2012,06:03)
    God must not care much for all people if He supplies life saving information that requires special hearing aids to hear, and then does not give them all the hearing aids.
    There are billions of people in the world who do not possess these special hearing aids.

30 “Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. 31 Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live!

The hearing aids are free for the asking, Tim.  Turn back to your Creator and ask Him for one.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The billions of people that I am talking about never knew that they had to ask for one.

Tim

mikeboll64
    Blocked

That's why we are supposed to be Jesus' hands and feet, and continue spreading the gospel until it has reached to the very ends of the earth.

Tim, consider yourself served. God's Kingdom is coming, and you too can be a part of it by believing in the one He sent into the world to save it. If you ask, it shall be given.

So what are you waiting for? Ask away my friend! :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 14 2012,23:03)

Quote (t8 @ Jan. 14 2012,10:21)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 14 2012,08:04)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Jan. 13 2012,04:34)
    This passage tells us that Jesus didn’t want them to understand and He didn’t want to convert them and He didn’t want to save them.

:D   That's quite some imagination, Tim.  Jesus was called the Wonderful Counselor for a reason.  And John said no one has ever seen God, but the only begotten god came to make Him known.

You are confused if you think the disciples didn't eventually figure out the parables.  And you are more confused if you think Jesus came to NOT save people.

Further, when the Spirit was poured out, they were able to understand much of what he had said whereas previously they have little understanding.

Let me get this straight T8.
    Until the Spirit was poured out, even the disciples couldn't understand what Jesus was teaching. But after the Spirit was poured out, the parables became a “simplistic way to understanding something.”

God must not care much for all people if He supplies life saving information that requires special hearing aids to hear, and then does not give them all the hearing aids.
    There are billions of people in the world who do not possess these special hearing aids.

Yet you say ” Often the proud will not stoop down to hearing a parable.” when the truth is that  God has withheld the hearing aid.

Tim

Once again I have to agree with Tim in the fact that he quoted actual scripture that actually said Jesus made “complex” parables to prevent some from understanding so that they would not convert and be saved.

If he head wanted to save everyone he would have spoken plainly. When he wanted to speak plainly he did:

John 11:14
    Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

So let's not belittle the science of parables Jesus taught us he was interested in only saving those who would actually repent so he appealed to those who willingly wanted a different relationship with God an as far as though who had already abused their positions of power and knowledge as far as Jesus was concerned they could go to HELL. These are the facts!

mikeboll64
    Blocked

You mean those like Nicodemus, Asana?  It seems to me Jesus tried to teach this one who had “abused his position of power”, despite this fact.

He even taught the Pharisees.  It's just that the pride they had in their own human understanding prohibited them from humbling themselves and accepting what Jesus was teaching them.  They could not bring themselves to admit their own human misunderstandings and fault, and accept that they had been doing it wrong.

It was human pride in the intelligence of flawed human minds that caused the Pharisees to blow off the truth.  It is this same misplaced sense of pride in flawed human minds that cause atheists to do the same.

It is when man thinks he has all the answers that it becomes evident that he knows very little.

peace,
    mike

Stu
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,00:16)

Actually, you asked this:  “I'm asking WHY the first cells would have started to exist with a reproductive capability in the first place.”

No.  Actually, my original question was:
    WHY would this first life form that just happened to live because of the perfect storm of circumstances develop with the ability to reproduce its species?  

(You can see where you responded to THAT particular question on page 28)

And that is STILL the question I'm waiting to have answered.  If, by your own words, micelles are not “life forms” (as I was assuming when you brought them up), then you have yet to address my question.  

So you want me to do your work for you.

Isn't it YOU who is calling ME a liar?  It seems to me that it is YOU who should then offer substantiation for that accusation.  

While your sexism is despicable, my reaction was actually that I laughed heartily at your inappropriateness, and general lack of fitness to be any kind of moderator of an internet forum.

And were this YOUR site, those words would might mean something to someone.

Romans 14:4
    Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls.

With regard to micelles, I've asked you whether you are ready for the chemistry involved in the next stage(s) of the model(s) of abiogenesis, and you replied that because I was not discussing a living cell you dismissed the development of an explanation that was doing exactly what you asked for: life from “inanimate” matter. How can there possible be a model of abiogenesis that you insist explains how living cells came about from non-living matter, when you insist I begin with a living cell?

And you have not addressed by question to you about what you mean by “life”. You are doing the usual moronic creationist trick of putting your fingers in your ears and shouting “I can't hear you” while I am explaining things to you, then when I stop, you stop shouting, then say “so you have nothing for me then?”

On regards to the work you want me to do for you, you want to make a point against what I said but you are asking me to remember or find it for you. Lazy.

So it is the policy of this website that sexist remarks by its mods towards members here are fine.

Should review why I am posting here, shouldn't I.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,00:30)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 13 2012,20:34)
    When someone asks you about reproductive capacity don't just start making things up because once you get into sexual creatures how are you going to then explain the simultaneous readiness of reproductive capacity needed to make SEXUAL reproduction necessary?

That was next on the agenda, Asana…………. after Stu showed me how reproduction of the first life forms came to be in the first place.

Why don't you two discuss it? We could test whether

2 x ignorance = twice as much ignorance

or if actually it is

2 x ignorance = ignorance squared

I recon the two of you could invent more ignorant nonsense working together than the sum of your efforts individually.

Maybe you will achieve something new, like proving that cells don't exist and women and men are identical.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 15 2012,00:00)

Quote (Stu @ Jan. 14 2012,02:38)
    In the 19th Century the fossil record was pretty sparse compared with today, but Darwin used his theory to predict that further fossils would be found that showed transitions between species, and that is what was found.

What archaeologists have found are fossils of many different species of creation.  The thought that fossil Y is the the evolutionary link between fossil X and fossil Z is purely man's conjecture, and not proven in any sense of the word.

Asana, I feel your pain when you said you hesitated to even become involved in this discussion, as I'm often wishing I hadn't.  :)

Darwin predicted there would be found transitional fossils, and that is what was found. The fossil you find that LOOKS transitional between two species doesn't have to be in the same line of descent to look transitional, very often you have a fossil of a species that has left the main line of descent recently and is branching off to extinction, but because it is still so close to the other species from which it split, you can say that it is almost identical to the main line of descent. It doesn't really matter that much, except when a creationist imposes the kinds of requirements on science that he would never make on himself.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Here is an example, from horse evolution, of fossils of species that were going extinct being used to demonstrate the changes happening in the main line of descent:

http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/lines/IAtransitional2.shtml

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Jan. 16 2012,01:33)
    You mean those like Nicodemus, Asana?  It seems to me Jesus tried to teach this one who had “abused his position of power”, despite this fact.

He even taught the Pharisees.  It's just that the pride they had in their own human understanding prohibited them from humbling themselves and accepting what Jesus was teaching them.  They could not bring themselves to admit their own human misunderstandings and fault, and accept that they had been doing it wrong.

It was human pride in the intelligence of flawed human minds that caused the Pharisees to blow off the truth.  It is this same misplaced sense of pride in flawed human minds that cause atheists to do the same.

It is when man thinks he has all the answers that it becomes evident that he knows very little.

peace,
    mike

Matthew 13:9-11

New King James Version (NKJV)

9 He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”
    10 And the disciples came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
    11 He answered and said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, ]B]but to them it has not been given.]/B]

Your answer to this is illogical Jesus is saying I am purposely talking this way to make it difficult for them and they were complex so complex that even the disciples couldn't understand with assistance

Mark 4
    13 And He said to them, “Do you not understand this parable? How then will you understand all the parables? 14 The sower sows the word.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Jesus’ Use of Parables

33 And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear it. 34 But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:24)
    Jesus’ Use of Parables

33 And with many such parables He spoke the word to them as they were able to hear it. 34 But without a parable He did not speak to them. And when they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples.

bod

Pr 1:1 The proverbs of Solomon son of David, king of Israel:
    Pr 1:2 for attaining wisdom and discipline;
    for understanding words of insight;
    Pr 1:3 for acquiring a disciplined and prudent life,
    doing what is right and just and fair;
    Pr 1:4 for giving prudence to the simple,
    knowledge and discretion to the young—
    Pr 1:5 let the wise listen and add to their learning,
    and let the discerning get guidance—
    Pr 1:6 for understanding proverbs and parables,
    the sayings and riddles of the wise.

Pr 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge,
    but fools despise wisdom and discipline.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,08:49)

Jesus’ Use of Parables

bod

Proverbs are not parables

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,15:59)

Jesus’ Use of Parables

bod

bod

use your brain if you have one and read what it says

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,09:41)

Jesus’ Use of Parables

bod

bod

Pierre

The point is still proverbs are not parables, not that they aren't both useful but that scripture you gave had no point to it other than it had the words proverb and parable together

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,17:42)

Jesus’ Use of Parables

bod

bod

Pierre

The point is still proverbs are not parables, not that they aren't both useful but that scripture you gave had no point to it other than it had the words proverb and parable together

bod

you can not learn

Pierre

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 16 2012,11:08)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 16 2012,17:42)

Jesus’ Use of Parables

bod

bod

Pierre

bod

you can not learn

Pierre

Okay

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 753 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account