Are you happy that jesus died for you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 197 total)
  • Author
    gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 25 2009,06:50)
    You know for a fact that God does not have any offspring, do you testify that God was intimate with Mary? Does God fornicate or is He married to Mary who was betrothed to Joseph? God really does not have a son nor would he need a son ALL are servants before God. You just quoted a whole chapter of Isaiah and it is about a suffering servant not a son who suffers. You pick and choose.

Good points brother Bodhitharta,
    God does not beget children literally like human beings do. The titles “son of God” and “children of God” are given to human beings who are beloved by God rather born of by His Spirit as many NT writers had quoted. If Jesus was literal I mean flesh and blood son of God then God could have been allegedly involved with Mary to conceive a son. I don't agree with many of our brothers and sisters who often quote Jesus as the literal son of God.

Peace to you
    Adam

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ July 25 2009,17:20)

You know for a fact that God does not have any offspring, do you testify that God was intimate with Mary? Does God fornicate or is He married to Mary who was betrothed to Joseph? God really does not have a son nor would he need a son ALL are servants before God. You just quoted a whole chapter of Isaiah and it is about a suffering servant not a son who suffers. You pick and choose.

God does not beget children literally like human beings do. The titles “son of God” and “children of God” are given to human beings who are beloved by God rather born of by His Spirit as many NT writers had quoted. If Jesus was literal I mean flesh and blood son of God then God could have been allegedly involved with Mary to conceive a son. I don't agree with many of our brothers and sisters who often quote Jesus as the literal son of God.

Peace to you
    Adam

Yes, it is insane to put God on such a mundane level of creation that even insects participate in. God gives titles and names for Honor out of their love and obedience to Him, but God doesn't “need” any of us.

7 Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.

8 I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

9 I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

10 For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.

11 I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

12 If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

13 Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

15 And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.

16 But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?

17 Seeing thou hatest instruction, and casteth my words behind thee.

18 When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.

19 Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.

20 Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.

21 These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

22 Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.

23 Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

and once again God did not need to Sacrifice Jesus to offer salvation to anyone but God certainly is aware of the evil vain imagination of men who want to sacrifice something as they always have including sacrificing there OWN CHILDREN in what God called evil and horrible and said he never commanded it or even thought it. but the brothers and sisters here think that God killed His own “Son”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    God sacrificed nobody.
    You do not understand scripture.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,19:18)
    Hi BD,
    God sacrificed nobody.

God died for us!!!! God killed himself but not like suicide cause he loved us.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ July 27 2009,16:03)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 26 2009,19:18)
    Hi BD,
    God sacrificed nobody.

God died for us!!!! God killed himself but not like suicide cause he loved us.

How can God kill himself and it not be suicide? This is trinitarian foolishness. EF, you should study before you post but then again WJ and Thinker are not of those who study so I guess you can make up things too.

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful! did God kill himself?
    Where is it written in the Bible that God should kill himself for our sins?
    Can a immortal God taste death?

Cindy
    Participant

I read most of these post.  I must say, how easy it is for humans to be deceived and go astray!  Christ came from the bosom of God to die for us, so we can have eternal life.  Most here do not believe that Jesus preexisted His birth as a man.  I do.  That is why He is the perfect sacrifice for our sins.  He never sinned and knew what was at stake if He would have sinned.  He indeed is the literal Son of God.  It took someone like Him to die for us, to pay the penalty for our sins.  It was God's choice to send His only begotten Son to die for us.  
    Peace and Love Irene

Participant

Hi BD:

I have done my best to show you the truth, and having done this, I will pray that God will open your spiritual eyes that you might see.

Truly the god of this world has blinded the eyes of those who are lost.

Jhn 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Jhn 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Jhn 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

There is nothing more than I can say.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 28 2009,10:02)
    Hi BD:

I have done my best to show you the truth, and having done this, I will pray that God will open your spiritual eyes that you might see.

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Isn't God Almighty the God of this world and all worlds?

God seems to believe so.

Psalm 90
    1Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

2Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Ecclesiastes 3:10-12 (King James Version)

10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 28 2009,10:38)

Quote (942767 @ July 28 2009,10:02)
    Hi BD:

Jhn 3:16   For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.  

Jhn 3:17   For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.  

Jhn 3:18   He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

God seems to believe so.

Psalm 90
    1Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations.

2Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.

Ecclesiastes 3:10-12 (King James Version)

10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

So what are you saying that Jesus is not the begotten Son of God? And why?
    Irene

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 27 2009,18:38)

There is another god of this world.

In whom the god of this world “hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Cor 4:4

Notice it doesn't say believe in Allah!  Believe in Jesus!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 29 2009,02:56)

In whom the god of this world “hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them. 2 Cor 4:4

WJ

This is one of the most mistranslated scriptures this scripture is about God not the devil but you didn't know that.

Mark 4:11-13 (King James Version)

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them

Matthew 13:13-15 (King James Version)

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them

Do you understand now! You are of the very ones that are blind. There is only one GOD of this world and it is your God and my God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Can an unbeliever like you see?

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 28 2009,23:27)

WJ

This is one of the most mistranslated scriptures this scripture is about God not the devil but you didn't know that.

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

12 That seeing they may see, and not perceive; and hearing they may hear, and not understand; lest at any time they should be converted, and their sins should be forgiven them

13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

15 For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them

Do you understand now! You are of the very ones that are blind. There is only one GOD of this world and it is your God and my God.

Hi BD

I suppose you know more than the translators also.

You see the little “g”, that means it is not God the Father or Jesus.

Satan is also called the prince of the power of the air…

in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of “the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient“. Eph 2:2

He clarifys the powers of darkness that rules in this world…

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, “against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms“. Eph 6:12

Is the Fathers world dark? Is his Kingdom ruled by spiritual forces in heavenly realms?

Maybe you are right that your god “allah” is the god of this world the prince of darkness that rules the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

So if your god is the god of this world at this time then you must be in love with this world for your god is sure doing a nice job in this world isn't he?

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, “know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:4

If God is the God of this world then he is at enmity against himself! And if you are a friend of this world which you call gods world then you are an enemy of God.

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, “having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust“. 2 Peter 1:4

Since your god is the god of this world then I suppose you do not want to escape the corruption in the world right?

For if it is gods world then it must be okay for him to have corruption in his world, right?

If it is Gods world then we should love it right?

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. “If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

This world is not at this time the Fathers world…

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, “is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16

Sorry BD. Jesus said he was not of this world and his Kingdom is not of this world and “True Christians” are not of this world!

No BD, this world has not yet become the Kingdoms of our God and of his Christ!

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Rev 11:15

Not all things are unders his feet yet…

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. “For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death“. 1 Cor 15:24-26

Maybe like the prophets of baal your god who you say is a god of love is asleep, because if he is the god of this world and he rules this world then he sure cannot be good, can he?

Nope, your god is not my God, I wish it were true, but you have denounced the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus who shed his blood for you.

You should either give up the Islamic faith or stick to the koran for you are not handling the word of truth to well!

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 29 2009,17:57)

WJ

Hi BD

I suppose you know more than the translators also.

You see the little “g”, that means it is not God the Father or Jesus.

Satan is also called the prince of the power of the air…

in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of “the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient“. Eph 2:2

He clarifys the powers of darkness that rules in this world…

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, “against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms“. Eph 6:12

Is the Fathers world dark? Is his Kingdom ruled by spiritual forces in heavenly realms?

Maybe you are right that your god “allah” is the god of this world the prince of darkness that rules the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

So if your god is the god of this world at this time then you must be in love with this world for your god is sure doing a nice job in this world isn't he?

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, “know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. James 4:4

If God is the God of this world then he is at enmity against himself! And if you are a friend of this world which you call gods world then you are an enemy of God.

Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, “having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust“. 2 Peter 1:4

Since your god is the god of this world then I suppose you do not want to escape the corruption in the world right?

For if it is gods world then it must be okay for him to have corruption in his world, right?

If it is Gods world then we should love it right?

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. “If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 1 John 2:15

This world is not at this time the Fathers world…

For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, “is not of the Father, but is of the world. 1 John 2:16

Sorry BD. Jesus said he was not of this world and his Kingdom is not of this world and “True Christians” are not of this world!

No BD, this world has not yet become the Kingdoms of our God and of his Christ!

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. Rev 11:15

Not all things are unders his feet yet…

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. “For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. The last enemy to be destroyed is death“. 1 Cor 15:24-26

Maybe like the prophets of baal your god who you say is a god of love is asleep, because if he is the god of this world and he rules this world then he sure cannot be good, can he?

Nope, your god is not my God, I wish it were true, but you have denounced the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus who shed his blood for you.

You should either give up the Islamic faith or stick to the koran for you are not handling the word of truth to well!

WJ

But you said:

John 3:16 (King James Version)

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

God loves the world so much so that:

John 3 (King James Version)

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved

You see WJ God created this world

Genesis 1
    1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Deuteronomy 10:13-15 (King James Version)

14 Behold, the heaven and the heaven of heavens is the LORD's thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

Psalm 47:6-8 (King James Version)

6Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.

7For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.

8God reigneth over the heathen: G
    od sitteth upon the throne of his holiness.

Isaiah 45:17-19 (King James Version)

17But Israel shall be saved in the LORD with an everlasting salvation: ye shall not be ashamed nor confounded world without end.

18For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

It seems to me according to the scriptures this is God's world that he loves so much he gave his only begotten son.

Cindy
    Participant

Peace to you
    Adam

Adam! I would be a little careful in who I endorse. B. does not believe in Jesus being the Son of God not just the literal Son of God, like you do. As far as the Son of God is concern He was brought forth by the Father before He became man. He was a Spirit being. There are some very good Scriptures that prove that. I have given and others too, in the preexisting tread. It is you who must prove to yourself if that is right. I have. So in conclusion does that mean He was the literal Son? I leave that for you to answer.
    Peace and Love Irene

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Irene……..There is (NO) Spirit (BEINGS) There is SPIRIT (IN) BEINGS. SPIRIT is (useless) without being in a BODY of SOME KIND. Just as the body without the Spirit is dead so is the Spirit without a body it exists only with GOD who gave (IT). Spirit is simply (intellect), and when we die it goes back to Him who gave it. It is the same with animals except when they die there spirit desecrates into another of its kind, while ours stays intact and returns to GOD the FATHER, Here is an example, like a record it can be stored as long as we like but when we want to hear it, it must be put into a record player, Same when GOD wants us to play (so to speak) He puts our spirits into a body, and it begins to animate it and performs if own unique way. IMO

peace and love to you and Georg…………………gene

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Amen Gene!!

Keep bringing that message and hopefully it can release many of the superstitions people have and they can begin to see scripture under the truthful light and properly understand the word spirit.  

1 Corinthians 15:35 But someone will say, “How are the dead raised up? And with what body do they come?” 36 Foolish one, what you sow is not made alive unless it dies. 37 And what you sow, you do not sow that body that shall be, but mere grain–perhaps wheat or some other grain. 38 But God gives it a body as He pleases, and to each seed its own body. 39 All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of animals, another of fish, and another of birds. 40 There are also celestial bodies and terrestrial bodies; but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another. 41 There is one glory of the sun, another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars; for one star differs from another star in glory. 42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. The body is sown in corruption, it is raised in incorruption. 43 It is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory. It is sown in weakness, it is raised in power. 44 It is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Love to you Gene,  Jodi

Jodi Lee
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Aug. 07 2009,03:05)

Peace to you
    Adam

Adam!  I would be a little careful in who I endorse.  B. does not believe in Jesus being the Son of God not just the literal Son of God, like you do.  As far as the Son of God is concern He was brought forth by the Father before He became man.  He was a Spirit being.  There are some very good Scriptures that prove that.  I have given and others too, in the preexisting tread.  It is you who must prove to yourself if that is right.  I have.  So in conclusion does that mean He was the literal Son?  I leave that for you to answer.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

I do not agree with your understanding. You seem to be saying, and correct me if I am wrong, that Jesus was a spirit being then he chose to give that up and become a human being and then he went back to being a spirit being again?

Scripture NEVER says that Jesus pre-existed as a spirit being now does it? That is something you assume through difficult scriptures of which I believe you misinterpret.

1 Corinthians 15:20 But now Christ is risen from the dead, and has become the firstfruits of those who have fallen asleep. 21 For since by man came death, by Man also came the resurrection of the dead.  

Acts 2:30 Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. 34 For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, “Sit at My right hand, 35 Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.” ' 36 “Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”

Scripture NEVER tells us that God would make a spirit son become a human Messiah.

1 Peter 1:17 And if you call on the Father, who without partiality judges according to each one's work, conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear; 18 knowing that you were not redeemed with corruptible things, like silver or gold, from your aimless conduct received by tradition from your fathers, 19 but with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot. 20 He indeed was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you  21 who through Him believe in God, who raised Him from the dead and gave Him glory, so that your faith and hope are in God.

The HE who was foreordained was NOT a spirit son becoming a human being that was in these last times manifest for us, scripture says nothing of the sort, rather it tells us that it was a HUMAN being that was foreordained. Admit it Irene that the above scripture says that it was the man who was like a lamb without spot that was foreordained to die for us and be raised from the dead, and that man was manifest to come at a certain time.  Admit Irene that the scripture mentions NOTHING about a spirit son being foreordained to become a human.

The promise we are directly told in Acts says NOTHING about a spirit son becoming a human being, rather it tells us the Messiah would be of the flesh of David. Before the world was God had a plan with a promise of eternal life for mankind. We should not ADD to scripture to form our understanding but stick with what the scriptures say to form our understanding.

1 Corinthians 15 teaches us that because we believe that the human being Jesus was raised from the dead we also believe then that we too will be raised from the dead. The glory of Jesus that he had in the beginning with God was IMMORTALITY in HUMAN flesh. Scripture says nothing about Jesus having glory with God as pre-existing spirit son.

Revelation 22:3 And there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it, and His servants shall serve Him.

The throne of God does not include a pre-existent son that became a human being, the throne of God includes the human being that was a lamb without blemish.

16 “I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify to you these things in the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the Bright and Morning Star.”

Jesus according to scripture NEVER existed before his birth as a spirit son, he did exist in the mind of God as the human who would bring eternal life and would be of the seed of David. Jesus declares that he is indeed the root and offspring of David, and we know according to the design of God's creation such is possible by Jesus existing as a human being containing DNA that has the genes of David.

Jesus never said that he chose to become a human, scripture directly tells us that Jesus did nothing of himself, that he came forth out of God's will, and we know from scripture that God's will was that through one man He would save the world.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Jodi………..Amen Sis, you have it right. Jesus did not preexist His berth here on earth, He was planed before hand to be Born and come into existence through the Lions of DAVID, by GOD the FATHER, and at the right time He was born. 100% pure HUMAN BEING exactly like Us in every way. All who look at Jesus as being Just like themselves and Believe in the FATHER as He did will also recieve what He did. WE are to grow into the (FULL) Measure of CHRIST> All Trinitarians , Preexistences , and teachers of Doctrines about devils and demons are of the Apostate Churches and Must come out of them. IMO

peace and love to you and yours Jodi………………………gene

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 197 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account