Apostacy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    michaels
    Participant

does anyone know god , jesus said he would lead us to the father,so how is it that everyone found jesus ,yet must not have found the father,if they had, wouldent they repent and turn from there ways,yet most christians seem to say gods laws dont matter any more.does anyone keep our fathers name without useing it vainly for them selves,for if you read exidus 3:14 you will find his name ,the memorial name forever. in our language he is called I AM !so can someone tell me how this (quote) godly nation is so decieved to try to steal gods glory for he is in his name.all power all majesty all glory,yet we say we love him.wont it be sad when jesus says i never knew you.for if you loved me ,you would have kept my commandments,to love god with all your hart,all your soul and all your mind,jesus said go and sin no more yet we have followed teachings to ichy ears,smooth sayings not realy willing to change one bit,twisting the grace god has given to us threw his son who died that we may have life,.sorry ran out of time,have to go seek him with all your hart and the vail will be lifted that you can see .

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ July 12 2007,10:39)
    does anyone know god , jesus said he would lead us to the father,so how is it that everyone found jesus ,yet must not have found the father,if they had, wouldent they repent and turn from there ways,yet most christians seem to say gods laws dont matter any more.does anyone keep our fathers name without useing it vainly for them selves,for if you read exidus 3:14 you will find his name ,the memorial name forever. in our language he is called I AM !so can someone tell me how this (quote) godly nation is so decieved to try to steal gods glory for he is in his name.all power all majesty all glory,yet we say we love him.wont it be sad when jesus says  i never knew you.for if you loved me ,you would have kept my commandments,to love god with all your hart,all your soul and all your mind,jesus said go and sin no more yet we have followed teachings to ichy ears,smooth sayings not realy willing to change one bit,twisting the grace god has given to us threw his son who died that we may have life,.sorry ran out of time,have to go seek him with all your hart and the vail will be lifted that you can see .

We are in the last days so scripture must be fulfilled.

2Ti 4:3 For the time is coming when people will not endure sound teaching, but having itching ears they will accumulate for themselves teachers to suit their own passions

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in later times some will depart from the faith by devoting themselves to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons,
    1Ti 4:2 through the insincerity of liars whose consciences are seared,
    1Ti 4:3 who forbid marriage and require abstinence from foods that God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and know the truth.

Ummmmm wonder what religion forbids marriage? :)

Mat 7:20 Thus you will recognize them by their fruits.
    Mat 7:21 “Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.
    Mat 7:22 On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?'
    Mat 7:23 And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.'

Mar 7:6 And he said to them, “Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, “'This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me;
    Mar 7:7 in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the commandments of men.'
    Mar 7:8 You leave the commandment of God and hold to the tradition of men.”

What are the doctrine of the Harlot?

They walk in long robes.
    Luk 20:46 Beware of the scribes who desire to walk in long robes, and love greetings in the markets, and the first seats in the synagogues, and the chief places at the feasts;

They use prayer beads and vain repetitions.
    Mat 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

They call their clergy father.
    Mat 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Graven images, light candles, believe they turn bread and wine to body and blood of Christ.
    Heb 10:12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
    Exo 20:4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
    Joh 6:61 When Jesus knew in himself that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, Doth this offend you?
    Joh 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

They changed the law of God.
    Dan 7:25 And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.

They declared Jesus is not the Christ by teaching their false doctrine that Jesus was resurrected on Sunday.
    Mat 12:40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
    Joh 19:31 The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken, and that they might be taken away.
    Mat 28:5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified.
    Mat 28:6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said.

That's enough for me!
    Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

If you keep her false doctrines then you are in her. The end time message is to deny her doctrines and worship in Spirit and Truth.

Praise His Holy Name above all names. For He is the head of the body. In His name all will be saved. Then He will trun everything over to His God and our God that God will be all in all.

Keep the faith,

Ken

michaels
    Participant

right on brother and thank you for sticking to truth,for we know that he is truth,and if we have that light of truth and keep his commandments ,then we know that we know him.for god is not a liar,there is no shadow of turning within him,he never changes,no darkness(sin),for he is that light ,jesus came and reafirmed the same thing our father told us from the begining.john 8:19 says,you dont know me ,or my father,if you knew me,you should have known my father also!john 8:51 if a man keep my saying he shall never see death. yet most of us are to proud to stop useing his name for our selves for his name is gloious,he is were his name is,this sure is a lit nation by the light of his glory,as we blaspheme his name by useing it for ourselves,as if we could compare to him,we have treated his holy name as if he was not ,but he is! ,we speak an evil language and dont even know it, the vaIL this country is under has blinded our eyes,as if no one realy wants to know our heavenly father.john 14:15 if you love me keep my commandments. john 17:6 i have manifested your name unto the men you gave me out of the world. john 8:58 before abraham was, I AM ! 1 john 2:3-7 we know that we know him if we keep his commandments ,if we say we know him and dont keep his commandments,we are liars,and the truth is not in us. repent and walk even as he walked. and what of our rest! are we better than god ,for he rested on the seventh day ,saturday in america,why do americans worship a flag and give there plege of alegance to a dead thing instead of god,we must be blind and deaf.he told us not to make or have any image from heaven or earth,but in this country its hard to find anything without vain images on it even the food,then most of us go a step further away from him we dont only have images we start to make them our selves with camaras ect.. so easy to sin in this day in age someone could ask you to take a picture of them any minute,that would make you a maker of vain images.yet people say oh well no one can keep gods law,and go on in the sin,jesus said go and sin NO MORE! why would jesus lie and tell us to do something if it was imposible,he wouldent,for there is no darkness in him,to change you have to want to,you have to want him and not the lie.does anyone even repent for thier wrongs,how can they when they are blind to them and are only tought grace from the church ,why wont pastors stand up and speak the truth for god is it so important to be rich in this life that is just a blink of an eye,what a trade for your soul.money now ,eternal damnation later ,hmmm money!!!!! god tells us not to exept gifts for then we wory not to ofend..

Bibliophile
    Participant

Perhaps this was covered in another thread but God's name is not I Am! The God of the Bible's name is Jehovah/Yahweh according to vs 15 of Exodus 3.

“Jehovah, the God of your forefathers…this is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.” :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bib,
    Ex 3
    ” 13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”

The truth is vowels of JeHoVaH were added by men later much to the chargrin of JWs

Bibliophile
    Participant

Hi Nick, You need to keep going to vs 15 which I quoted. I Am or I will be what I will be only shows God's exsistence. Vs 15 shows God's name to be Jehovah (English), along with over 6,000 other verses using his name such as Ps 83:18.

Let's say you are correct about the addition of vowels to God's name. Respectfully, so what? YHWH was given vowels as well. The point is God has a personal name and should be used. In sincereity, do you agree that God has a personal name whether it be Jehovah/Yahweh etc…? Just curious. :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BIb,
    No.
    Not a personal name like John or Harry.
    YHWH is simply ” I Am Who Am”, a descriptive name for the EVERLIVING God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bib,
    From Wikipedia
    “Yahweh is a transliteration of the Hebrew “יַהְוֶה”, which, in turn, is a vocalization of יהוה proposed by the Hebrew scholar Wilhelm Gesenius (1786–1842) in the 19th century.[1] This is the name of God in the Bible, as preserved in the original consonantal Hebrew Bible text. The four Hebrew letters are often collectively called the Tetragrammaton (from the Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning 'four-letter [word]').[2] These four letters are often transliterated as YHWH, JHWH, YHVH or JHVH.

In the 19th century, many Hebrew scholars did not believe that Jehovah, the traditional vocalisation of these letters, accurately represents the name of God and several of these scholars proposed vocalisations of יהוה that they believed might more accurately represent the true pronunciation of God's name as preserved in the original consonantal Hebrew Bible text.[3] Toward the end of the 19th century, Gesenius's proposed vocalisation of יהוה was accepted by the majority of Hebrew scholars as a likely pronunciation of God's name, and, as a result of this scholarly acceptance, Gesenius's proposed vocalisation, “Yahweh”, has been used in modern Bible translations and literature during the last two centuries.”

and from another site
    “or in Hebrew
    God's name the “I Am”, reveals the fullness of His nature, all of God's nature and attributes are embodied in His name.
    God's name, as written in Hebrew right to left:
    Originally Hebrew didn't have any vowels, and was written right to left, although some of the consonants carry with them the indication of associated vowel sounds.For instance, the “Y” is associated with the sound of a “long e”, as in “team”. The H is associated with the sound of a “short a” as “ah!” The Vav is associated with the vowel “u” and produces the sound in the word “cool.” Thus, the name of the Creator sounds something like “ee-ah oo' ah”, with the accent on the second of the three syllables, as is the pronunciation convention in Hebrew.

michaels
    Participant

there are no j or v in hebrew so how did you come up with jehovah,not that it matters ,because we dont speak hebrew, but english,in english his name is the same YHWH,or I AM,his memorial name forever,even though its been mistranslated ,god is not stupid,he knows his name in every language,my name is michael,or mike,but when the spanish people call me magel me still know they are calling me and me come,just as god comes every time we use his name for our selves for he is in his name,our nation is lit by the glory of his name ,yet we keep useing his name in our pride,as if we were worthy ,turn and repent for his is the kingdom and all glory,oh yea ex 3:14, king james version (I AM has sent me to you. do not be decieved repent and get to know him he loves you for the time is very short,for this is the end,just come to him for he loves you,and stop proclaiming your self to be god by useing his name,for in ignerance he will forgive,but now that you know the truth,this sin against the holy spirt is unfogiveable,yet god will forgive who he will forgive

michaels
    Participant

that is neet ,mostly the vowels. but in the same verse he said he had been known by many names,maybe even jevovah,but this is the name he chose who is me to argue with him,even jesus restated this,in john 8:58 before abraham was I AM ! and the jews at the time knew this to be gods holy name, because they picked up stones to stone him,do you think they want you to know his name,or to keep it secret that you might blaspheme the holy one,for jesus said they would not enter,nor would they let anyone elts go in ,may jesus lead you to the father ,for he is that light

Bibliophile
    Participant

Hi Michaels,

Jehovah is the English name of God. So is Jesus. Would you be willing to start refering to Jesus as Jehoshua, his Hebrew Name? Most would not because we are familiar with the English Name Jesus. The same is said of Jehovah. The truth is no one knows the exact proninciation.

The 'I Am' in Exodus 3:14 describes God. Jehovah/YHWH in Exodus 3:15 names God. Take a close look at vs 12 in Exodus 3. here we see I am being used by God and yet Moses still asked God what his name is in vs 14.

There is no connection between Exodus 3:14 and John 8:58 albeit trinitarians desperately try to use these verses to support the trinity. If jesus had claimed identity with YHWH, he could have used the words 'I am YHWH,' 'I am God,' or as the Septuagint says: “I am the Being (Ho On).” Jesus did not use any of these. In fact, the word eimi in Exodus 3:14 is merely a linking verb.

The context of John 8:58 clearly shows the discussion was about age not identity. Vs 57: “You are not yet fifty years old, and have you seen Abraham?” (NASB)

Notice what A Grammar of the Greek NT in the Light of Historical Research by A. T. Robertson says: “The verb [ei-mi]…Sometimes it does express existence as a predicate like any other verb, as in [e-go ei-mi] (John 8:58).” 1934, p. 394

The words I am was an idiom in the days of Jesus. They were used all the time by Jesus and others.

Proclaimer
    Participant

When men want to believe in something then sometimes even truth won't stop them.

michaels
    Participant

yahshua was talking about age of the father that the father was before abraham because he has always been,in all of his I AM statments,yahshua is speaking of the father,he kept his own diciples in the fathers name,that they would not use it for them selves,this idiom as you call it was used because they did not know god,.if they had. they would not have used it unless they were speaking of the father,jesus told them they dident know the father or him,if they knew him they would have kept his commandments,well that would be to hard for them when they dont even know his name,or him.ask him and he will tell you but dont come to me with mens words,(a.t robinson)ect… tell me what god has to say about his name and what it is or isent,for god lowerd himself and came down that he could show us these things have you spoken with him have you seen him or is this from your own understanding ask him and he will tell you,that you stop believeing the lie and repent.

michaels
    Participant

also original king james version in ex 3:15 dosent say jahova it simply says Lord,refering to gods name.the great (I AM).you can try and make it what you will but that will not change the truth.add vowels to it you still will not even be able to pronounce his name corectly,for not even the jews could tell you how to say his name they were even scared to write his name let alone ponounce it yet they do know the tetragram YHWH,if they did know how, to they would not !,because his name is to holy .either way just as the son in our language is refered to as jesus,and he knows you are talking to him when you say that pagan name jesus,its still his name,for he ansers to it,just the same the father ansers to his name ,I AM, so get to know him he wiil show you all things if you just repent and seek him with your hole hart,not to be luke warm any more but to care about the things he cares about,that you may be one with him,and one with the son ,for as you cant be one with the father without the son,you also cant be one with the son without the father.

Bibliophile
    Participant

Dear Michaels,

Jesus was speaking of the Father when saying I AM? Reread vs 57. The Jews asked Jesus not the Father “You(Jesus) are not yet fifty years old…” This is yours not he Bible's interpretation. Do you believe Jesus is also the Father? You would have to if you are going to keep with this interpretation.

I am was an idiom in Jesus day. Are you saying the Jews who used this did not know God? That is a rather rocky assumption on your part.

I do not believe it is anyone's right to say if another on this forum needs to repent or not. Please do not insist to know my relationship with God. This forum is not about that. We are here to help each other learn. Stick to what you consider are the facts please. I have been respectful to you and would expect the same in return. Would you not agree to this?

It shouldn't matter what the KJV says in Exodus 3:15. What does the original Hebrew say? Not LORD but rather YHWH.

If you continue to tell me to repent I will have to respectfully stop consersing with you. I truly hope you agree to stop. Will you? :p

michaels
    Participant

they are one read isaiah 9:6 is jesus not called THE EVERLASTING FATHER, THE MIGHTY GOD ,THE PRINCE OF PEACE,ASK HIM HE WILL TELL YOU ALL THINGS.

michaels
    Participant

YHWH ,IS THE SAME AS (I AM) AS ME SAID BEFORE EVEN IN HEBREW. please forgive me if me have offended you,but if you are offended in me you are offended in him.did the jews know god ,hmmm that is a good question,read 2 samual 24,and 1 chronicles 21,who was david following satin,or the LORD as it is put,who were the jews following in the desert for 40 years worshiping the host of heaven,yet you tell me,did they know him,or the angle god sent to test them ,that had gods name in him,ask god if you know him for he knows all thing,h4e will tell you.

michaels
    Participant

john 8:55 (jesus said)ye say that he is your god,yet ye have not known him ,but i know him ,and if i should say,i know hom not i shall be a liar like unto you: but i know him,and keep his saying. ( his saying, is this what men consider an idiom,because me think to keep his saying is an honor above anything of this world,and he clearly said that me will never see death,if me keep his saying,)

michaels
    Participant

jesus told the jews they dident know him or the father,so how would they know his name if they dident even know him,me know his name,and he is in his name,therefore me know him.yet they wanted to stone jesus for saying what man now calls an idium,because by this he claimed equality with god,yet did he,for he said he only spoke of the father,so was the father speaking thru him ,or was he proclaiming the father,or as the jews thought claiming to be equal with god.john 8:58 ask the everlasting father he will tell you,.

Bibliophile
    Participant

Michaels,

I will try this conversation with you one more time. My being offended has nothing to do with Jesus. It has to do with your lack of tact when speaking.

Yes, let's read Isaiah 9:6. This verse says that the Son [Jesus] is called everlasting Father. Do you believe Jesus is the Father? Please just answer this one question.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account