And God called their name adam

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 367 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 14 2011,10:47)

So now tell us Mike, what species does the “Only Begotten Son of God” belong too?

The “spirit being” species.

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 14 2011,10:47)

Jesus nature is identical to the Fathers unlike the Angels or other so-called gods.

Why?  What scripture tells you this?  Why would you assume that the other spirit sons God created would be of a different nature than their Spirit Father?  God IS their Father, right?  And they ARE spirit beings, just like their Father, right?  (Btw, there is no such thing as a “so-called god” in any scripture.  Nor a “false god”.)  :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 14 2011,10:54)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 13 2011,21:27)
    Jesus is not any percent “man” anymore.

Prove it scripturally! That is another heresy the JW’s teach. If Jesus is not still a man then how can he still be the Mediator and High Priest of salvation to all men? You are calling Paul a liar when he said…

For he has set a day when ”he will judge the world with justice by ”THE MAN” he has appointed. He has given proof of this to all men by raising him from the dead.” Acts 17:31

Paul is clearly prophesying that Jesus “the man” will judge the world with justice, not to mention 1 Tim 2:5 where Paul in the present tense calls Jesus “the man” some 20 to 30 years after Jesus ascended. Paul also calls Jesus the “Second Adam” but according to you he is no longer the “Second Adam”.

Hi Keith,

The Greek word in Acts 17:31 refers to gender, as in male, not female.  If Paul meant to say “human being”, he would have used “anthropos”.

And 1 Tim 2:5 refers to the HUMAN BEING (anthropos) who DIED for us and has SINCE that time become the Mediator…………..wait for it……………..BETWEEN mankind and GOD.  :)

Keith, if Jesus is still a human being, then you worship a mere man as your God.

Kerwin is also interested in this subject, and holds your view.  In fact, I think most here hold your view.  Perhaps it's time for a thread about it, huh?  Kerwin and I have one earmarked for “when we have the time”.  :) But feel free to start one sooner if you'd like to.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ July 14 2011,11:12)
    For the record, Mikeboll, you are just a friend and I only like you as a friend even though sometimes I want to steal your bandana

Now Mike, I know you know this and our PM's can prove this out.

Yes Kathi,

I am well aware that you love your husband of many years and like to refer to him as your “hot boyfriend”.

We are friends who are sometimes scriptural comrades and other times scriptural combatants.

Just keep your hands off the bandanna and all will be fine. :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

I see a lot of talk from Jack and Keith, but not too many points being addressed.  

Jack, when did you stop understanding the simple title “Son OF God”?

Jack, are you and I the SAME EXACT BEING?

Keith, do you know that scripture says Saul SAVED Israel from the Philistines?  Is Saul also God because of the words of Hosea 13:4?

Isaiah 19:20
    It will be a sign and witness to the LORD Almighty in the land of Egypt. When they cry out to the LORD because of their oppressors, he will send them a savior and defender, and he will rescue them.

Keith or Jack, WHO is this scripture about?  Who is this “savior” that Jehovah Almighty will SEND?

Please address at least one of these points, guys.

mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

From what I have read (skimmed over) just now, it appears that some people are developing a doctrine that seeks to remove Adam's unique identity and apply the name to Eve as well so that she now has 2 names. So the result is when Adam is mentioned a person could be talking about Eve and you would have to enquire further with a question like, do you mean Adam Adam the original or Adam, the one who went by the name of Eve sometimes.

I can see a new Trinity Doctrine being created to explain the Adam Man and his nature.

Who wants to vote themselves as the new Athanasius? WJ, KJ ?

I'll get the new doctrine started:

Adam's name is Adam, Eve's name is Adam (ignore that I called her Eve), and all are Adam. See a multi-person blob of flesh/nature that spawns Adams.

OK, at this point I pass the baton over to the Trinitarians. Let your imaginations run wild, not that I need to remind you. There are so many possibilities here guys.

Another suggestion is that we could all change our names to Adam and would recognise each other from our avatars/icons. I am not sure if the board can support all having the same name, but I will look into it.

:D

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

One may be called Adam, an adam…and another called, um…Boris, another adam but both would rule because they are both adam, not because they are both Adam, which they aren't.

They both rule over the cattle, etc. because of their common nature, not because of their name…get it??

The Father isn't God because He is called God.  He is God because He has the nature of deity.  He and the Son rule because they have the common nature of deity. He and the Son are the ONLY ones with the inherent nature of deity.

Adam didn't rule because of his name but because of his nature.

I hope you can understand this.
    Your friend,
    Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

Adam didn't rule because of his name but because of his nature.

this is not true ,Adam ruled because God made it that way (God also created his nature)

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    It is true that God made it that way but that was not the point I was making…

My point is that the name 'Adam' has nothing to do with the rule of Adam since all men rule over the fish and cattle, etc. no matter what their name is. The reason they rule is because God made it so everyone who had the 'nature' of a man would rule over the fish and cattle, etc.

I believe everyone with the nature of deity rules over all of creation. The Father and the Son are the ONLY ones with the inherent nature of deity and are the ultimate rule over all creation.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

My point is that the name 'Adam' has nothing to do with the rule of Adam since all men rule over the fish and cattle, etc. no matter what their name is. The reason they rule is because God made it so everyone who had the 'nature' of a man would rule over the fish and cattle, etc.

this is true,

I believe everyone with the nature of deity rules over all of creation. The Father and the Son are the ONLY ones with the inherent nature of deity and are the ultimate rule over all creation.

this is a lie if you believe or not is immaterial to me but it is to God because it contains deceit

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    You are pretty loose with your accusations there.
    you said:

this is a lie if you believe or not is immaterial to me but it is to God because it contains deceit

Well that isn't much of a defense when you say something is a lie because it contains deceit. I could just as easily say it is truth because it is truthful. Neither statement gives a defense of the first part of the statements.

You really ought to work on your apologetics. If you are going to say something is a lie, then you need to be prepared to defend your position with scripture and not with your opinion.

My scripture that says that the nature is the factor if someone or something is God:

Galatians 4:8 NAS
    However at that time, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those which by nature are no gods.

This implies that there are those which by nature ARE gods…the Father and the Son. One is the God of gods and one is the Lord of lords. Both are names of deity.

Kathi

terraricca
    Participant

Kathi

This implies that there are those which by nature ARE gods…the Father and the Son. One is the God of gods and one is the Lord of lords. Both are names of deity.

your deceit is here when you preach what is not true in the word of God it is your believe God does not go with men believes all as been written,so just follow it with your understanding do not deviate from scriptures,

so that any one else is taken away from the truth of God,

sorry for my way of talking ,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Again you just post your opinion as your defense of your statement. That is not apologetics.

I know you are not native in English, I am learning your way of speaking. You do pretty good for English not being your native language.

Kathi

shimmer
    Participant

Terra, I can understand you well, I actually read your posts more than any others, sometimes. I like the way you write.

shimmer
    Participant

Note Terrarica,

Attack false belief not the person.

So you say 'what you say is not true'

But don't say 'you are lost, you have no truth'.

So attack the post not the poster.

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 14 2011,21:23)

Quote (Lightenup @ July 13 2011,23:12)
    They both rule over the cattle, etc. because of their common nature, not because of their name…get it??

Good!  Now, what exactly is the “nature” of God Almighty?  He is a Spirit Being, right?  So Jesus, His Son, is a DIFFERENT spirit being that shares a nature with his Father.

Hi All

I don't have much time but thought I would comment on Mikes post above.

Since you say that the “Nature” of the Father is a “Spirit being” implying that all “Spirit beings” have the nature of God, which is “DIVINE” then to be consistent with using your own words then you are saying…

“Now, what exactly is the “nature” of God Almighty?  He is a Spirit Being, right?  So Jesus, His Son, is a DIFFERENT spirit being that shares a nature with his Father [and with satan and demons who are also Spirit beings]”.

Is that right Mike? Does Jesus share the same nature as satan and demons? So the Father and Jesus belongs to the satanic and demonic class of being?

If you say yes then you are admitting that Jesus is “NOT” the “Only Begotten Son of God”, but he is a “son of God” like all the rest, right?

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ July 16 2011,00:10)
    Note Terrarica,

Attack false belief not the person.

So you say 'what you say is not true'

But don't say 'you are lost, you have no truth'.

So attack the post not the poster.

Amen. I will try to work on that myself.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 16 2011,09:57)
    Since you say that the “Nature” of the Father is a “Spirit being” implying that all “Spirit beings” have the nature of God, which is “DIVINE” then to be consistent with using your own words then you are saying…

“Now, what exactly is the “nature” of God Almighty? He is a Spirit Being, right? So Jesus, His Son, is a DIFFERENT spirit being that shares a nature with his Father [and with satan and demons who are also Spirit beings]”.

Is that right Mike?

Yes Keith,

That is correct. Just as you and I share the SAME EXACT NATURE as human beings, yet YOU are evil and I am good. :D

You know I'm kidding, but do you get the point? Having a spirit nature doesn't preclude that being from having an evil disposition.

peace,
    mike

Quote (mikeboll64 @ July 16 2011,11:05)

“Now, what exactly is the “nature” of God Almighty?  He is a Spirit Being, right?  So Jesus, His Son, is a DIFFERENT spirit being that shares a nature with his Father [and with satan and demons who are also Spirit beings]”.

Is that right Mike?

Yes Keith,

That is correct.  Just as you and I share the SAME EXACT NATURE as human beings, yet YOU are evil and I am good.  :D

You know I'm kidding, but do you get the point?  Having a spirit nature doesn't preclude that being from having an evil disposition.

peace,
    mike

Mike

Is Jesus the “Only Begotten Son of God” or not?

WJ

Is that right Mike?

Yes Keith,

That is correct.  Just as you and I share the SAME EXACT NATURE as human beings, yet YOU are evil and I am good.  :D

You know I'm kidding, but do you get the point?  Having a spirit nature doesn't preclude that being from having an evil disposition.

peace,
    mike

Mike

Your doctrine is puke, for now you have to resort to saying that the Father has the same nature as satan and demons to support your sick beliefs!

Anathema!

WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

DUPLICATED TO CORRECT SPELLING

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 17 2011,03:58)

Is that right Mike?

Yes Keith,

peace,
    mike

Mike

Is Jesus the “Only Begotten Son of God” or not?

WJ

Keith,

Mike has gone off the deep end with his comparison. Jesus is the exact “charaketer” of God's nature. No other spirit being is the exact “charakter” of God's nature. Therefore, Jesus shares in ALL God's personal attributes.

Mike is damned to the lake of fire!

Jack

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 367 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account