Admin feedback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 475 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Indeed it is Jesus who gives the Spirit baptism unto eternal life

Jn 1
    ” 32And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

33And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost.

34And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.”

Jn 7
    ” 37In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink.

38He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

39(But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

Participant

Hi Nick:

Yes, I know that it is Jesus who baptizes with the Holy Ghost and he does that when we believe the Word of God.

John 7:38-39 states: “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hat said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on should receive; for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

It is the Holy Spirit who teaches the Word of God.  John 16:13 states: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak and he will shew you things to come”.

John 6:53 states: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you”.

John 6:63 states: “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, the are spirit and they are life”.

When we are led by the Holy spirit, it is the Word of God that comes forth and gives life.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Oct. 18 2006,04:10)
    Hi Nick:

Yes, I know that it is Jesus who baptizes with the Holy Ghost and he does that when we believe the Word of God.

John 7:38-39 states: “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hat said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.  (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on should receive; for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because Jesus was not yet glorified.)”

It is the Holy Spirit who teaches the Word of God.  John 16:13 states: “Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak and he will shew you things to come”.

John 6:53 states: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you”.

John 6:63 states: “It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, the are spirit and they are life”.

When we are led by the Holy spirit, it is the Word of God that comes forth and gives life.

Hi 94,

Belief in scripture is obedient belief. The Spirit proves His presence by works of power and we can know we have that downpayment by such works as shown in Mark 16.

Demons believe but that does not save them.

The sort of belief that distinguishes the pig from the chicken in terms of commitment ,as bacon and eggs providing food for the table, is the difference between stated belief and obedient belief.

When scripture speaks of believers it is those who have shown their commitment by publically submitting to water baptism as a sign to God, the angels, and men of our decision, is the witness written in heaven as in 1 Jn 5.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

These signs shall follow them that believe. How many of these signs follow you Nick?

I posted the 3 baptisms and posts on how the baptisms were corrupted. Yet, you understood them not. I posted John 3:3-5. It is the cornerstone of the faith. It is the baptism of blood. It speaks of salvation, being born again. Yet, you did not understand. What is it that you do understand? If you do not understand that which is the building block of the faith, how can you understand anything other than that which is physical. You are like a modern day Nicodemus. You understand that which is physical, but are not able to grasp that which is of the spiritual. If it were not so, you would understand the things of the spirit. You would see the spiritual law and not just the physical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Randy
    You ask
    “These signs shall follow them that believe. How many of these signs follow you Nick?”

Quite a few of them I have been blessed with and I know when to use them.

“. It is the cornerstone of the faith”

It is your teaching and is the cornerstone of your faith
    but your faith does not abide in the Word
    and all others here seem to fail your little litmus test.

You are self deceived and should test yourself.

2Cor 13
    “5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves”
    Perhaps it is a false cornerstone and a false test?

Nick, if you were born again, you would know the things of the spirit. You understand that which is physical, but not that of the spiritual. You say on one hand you are against the doctrines of men and yet your stand is that of the doctrines of men.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You seem to be the only one here born of your spirit so perhaps that is why none seem to be able to follow you.

Participant

Nick:

Apparently, You are not reading my posts.  I know that a believer should be baptized in water.  However, he must first believe with a repentant heart otherwise he would go into the baptismal pool a dry sinner and come up a wet sinner.  I also know that obedience does not stop with water baptism.  “Not every one who saith unto me Lord, Lord, shall enter inot the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven”.  (Matt. 7:21)

Let me ask you, when was Cornelius saved?  Was he saved when he received the Holy Ghost or not until after he was baptized in water?

NickHassan
    Participant

lets go to another thread.

Nick, Krench is of the same spirit and knows the things of the spirit as does 942767. Malcolm is of the spirit also. He is growing in the Word.

Admin
    Keymaster

OK, times up.

Has H apologised for his slanderous behaviour or given proof of his accusation that Nick deceptively edit posts and is not saved.

I take it that the answer is no, but if he has apologised and it is buried in this discussion somewhere, can someone alert me to that post, by posting here or PMing me.

If the answer is no, then I will remove him in the next day or 2, or 3. We cannot allow this behaviour here. It is a bad witness and only distracts people into silly arguments instead seeking the truth together.

We need to focus on seeking the truth, there is no room here for clashing of egos.

Luke 17:3-5
    3 So watch yourselves.
    “If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him.
    4 If he sins against you seven times in a day, and seven times comes back to you and says, 'I repent,' forgive him.”

Admin
    Keymaster

Heiscomingintheclouds can no longer post. He can still read the posts the same as anyone else.

Hopefully we can all get on with teaching and learning and put this distraction behind us.

I encourage all to serve God and the truth. If we try to draw people to ourselves, it will lead to problems and there is no reward in such conduct.

Please, no egos. Try to be humble.

Thx

:)

david
    Participant

Good bye H.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Seeya HICITC. I Hope we cross paths again sometime.

Blessings
    :)

david
    Participant

I had no idea where to put this:

I realize this most likely won't be done, but I thought that if I just left it in that other thread, t8 would never see it.

And I think that if they were grouped in one section, there is less likelihood that more threads of the exact same topic will be started, as it will be easier to find such threads. Of course, I have no idea really how that would be done, and imagine it would take a lot of work. But now that there are so many threads and a growing number of them, I'm thinking that the “Bible doctrines” “truth or tradition” “general questions” etc might be well to be expanded. For example, maybe in the truth or tradition section, there might be a subsection dealing with all the threads people start that deal specifically with a certain religion, (ie: “Catholicism–is it the way,” “Mormons–are they Christians” etc.)
    Or perhaps you could just expand or cut some of these more general sections out and have sections on: “The Bible” “Sin” “death” “resurrection” “spirit” “hell” “heaven” “kingdom” “soul” and then maybe have a “general questions” section for the things that people aren't sure about where it goes.
    I realize this would probably be an insane amount of work.

Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks Dave.

Could you copy and paste this into a new discussion in this forum.

That way we could have a dedicated thread for this. Or maybe there is already one that I am not aware of?

BTW: Subsections aren't that difficult to create. The most time consuming part is moving the discussions. But it is relatively easy.

Tim2
    Participant

I'm concerned that there is a “super administrator” named “Heaven” with a blazing gold Lion for an icon. Is this some sort of cult?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    No.
    The traditional churches are just along the road.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 18 2007,15:31)
    I'm concerned that there is a “super administrator” named “Heaven” with a blazing gold Lion for an icon.  Is this some sort of cult?

Don't fear Tim2

Pro 28:1 ¶ The wicked flee when no man pursueth: but the righteous are bold as a lion.
    Pro 28:2 For the transgression of a land many [are] the princes thereof: but by a man of understanding [and] knowledge the state [thereof] shall be prolonged.

:) I WAS THINKING SOME OF THE Aviators look like they haven't had a bath for days on end

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ April 18 2007,15:31)
    I'm concerned that there is a “super administrator” named “Heaven” with a blazing gold Lion for an icon.  Is this some sort of cult?

Tim2,
    Heaven is t8's alter ego. They are one and the same.

Cheers

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 475 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account