'Abomination of Desolation' – setting the record straight on what it is

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 181 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia and Everyone else,

‘Abomination of Desolation’ – setting the record straight on what it is
    I started this thread specifically for you Miia, because of what you said…
    ”Apparently, I don’t know my bible too well, and that’s fine, …” Miia [b](Link)[/b]

NO IT IS NOT FINE that you do not know what “The Bible” teaches.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

“When ye therefore shall see ‘THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION’, spoken of by Daniel the
    Prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) (Matthew 24:15)

“The Bible”: says:
    “whoso readeth, let him understand”

It’s time that you take “The Bible” seriously and UNDERSTAND what
    ‘THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION’ spoken of by Daniel the Prophet is!

Ed J
    Participant

‘THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION’ is the islamic dome of the rock (built in 688AD)
    AND I suggest that you take the Apostle Paul’s warning seriously (see POINT #1)

1) “Quench not the Spirit.
    2) Despise not prophesies.
    3) Prove all things;
    ….hold fast that which is good.” (1 Thess 5:19-21)

How can the claim (top of post) be PROVED (you might ask)?
    I WILL BE USING PROPHESIES
    (which according to the Apostle Paul you should not despise) (see POINT #2)

And here’s what the Apostle Peter says concerning the matter…
    ”We have also a more sure word of prophecy;
    whereunto ye do well that ye take heed” (2Pt.1:19)

You will also do well to heed the Apostle Paul’s warnings. And as you know
    all too well the Apostle Peter calls the Apostle Paul’s Epistles Scripture!
    Miia, are now you ready to understand what “The Bible” teaches?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

I know that you don’t believe the Apostle Paul’s words are Scripture, BUT THAT NEEDS TO CHANGE!

“As also in all his (the Apostle Paul’s) epistles, speaking in them of these things;
    in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and
    unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.” (2Pt.3:16)

You should take the Apostle Peter’s words seriously, because
    you wrestle (with me) the meaning the Apostle Peter’s words in 2Peter 3:10

“But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass
    away with a great noise, AND THE RUDIMENTS SHALL MELT WITH FERVENT HEAT,
    the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.” (2 Peter 3:10)

That verse does not cancel this verse…

”the earth which he hath established for ever” (Psalms 78:69)
    GOD DOES NOT DESTROY HIS OWN WORKS!

as they do also the other scriptures (like 2Peter 3:10) to their own destruction
    You wrestle with me about 2 Peter 3:10, because you don’t know what THE RUDIMENTS are.
    Because of this error, you suggest (by proxy) that Psalm 78:69 (according to you) is WRONG.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

“Apparently, I don’t know my bible too well, …” Miia

Promises that refer to the physical (i.e. Israel) you want to overrule because there’s a spiritual meaning as well.
    But in 2Peter 3:10 you completely overlook the spiritual meaning, instead claiming its meaning is merely physical.

You realize you do this to your own destruction

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Miia,

In the same way BD was given the number 3.68421052631578947
    God also approached you (ref. Isa 65:1), because God knew
    you were both going to be meeting me at Heaven Net.

“I am sought of them that asked not for me;
    I am found of them that sought me not:
    God said, Behold me, behold me”

“The Witness Ed”
    (ref. Joshua 22:34)

terraricca
    Participant

hi Edj

you do not have a lack of ego ,in my book you are nothing more than a deceiver ,for you make up most of the stories you tell ,

first what Jesus says about the words in Daniel was for his disciples IN JERUSALEM not the others ,and you may say like the JW that thier is a spiritual version of it .well this is your opinion not scriptural ,and all your crap with your numbers as no meaning ,in God truth ,

but what has is ;2Pe 2:1 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves.
    2Pe 2:2 Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
    2Pe 2:3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up.

only people that are not fluent with scriptures can fall victim of deceivers,and I am not one of those that are ignorant of scriptures

Miia
    Participant

I started this thread specifically for you Miia, because of what you said…
    “Apparently, I don’t know my bible too well, and that’s fine, …” Miia

That is completely out of context. YOU said that, which is why I used the term APPARENTLY. I also stated that plenty of people know their scriptures off by heart yet miss(understand) the most simple and crucial truths.

The daily sacrifice is taken away when the abomination of desolation/ desolating sacrilege (idol) is set up. Physically, the daily sacrifice was taken away when Jerusalem was made desolate in 70 AD.

Spiritually, the daily sacrifice, (worship of God in spirit and truth, regardless of where we are in the world), is taken away from us when we allow a desolating sacrilege (idol) to set itself in our heart and mind, (let the reader understand).

That is my understanding.

“About A. D. 40, Caius Caligula issued a peremptory decree ordering the erection and worship of his statute in the Temple of God. He also appointed to the government of Syria, bidding him carry out that decree even at the cost of a war against the rebellious Jews. Whereupon the Jews in tens of thousands protested to the governor that they were willing to be slaughtered rather than to be condemned to witness that idolatrous profanation of their holy Temple….. It is affirmed by many scholars that the early Christians could easily regard the forthcoming erection of the statue in the Temple as the act of idolatrous Abomination which, according to the prophet Daniel portended the ruin of the House of God, and therefore see in it the actual sign given by Christ for their flight from Judea.” – Frances E Gigot

terraricca
    Participant

Miia

it was more between 66 and 68 Ad that the abomination took place (see Vespasian)

Miia
    Participant

Miia

it was more between 66 and 68 Ad that the abomination took place

Hi Terraricca. What do you think the abomination was?

Ed J
    Participant

hi Edj

(1)you do not have a lack of ego ,(2)in my book you are nothing more than a deceiver ,(3)for you make up most of the stories you tell ,

Hi Pierre,

1) I have killed the ego long ago (between 1979 and 1982).

2) Are you telling me you wrote a book about me?

3) spin

transitive verb
    3b : to evolve, express, or fabricate by processes of mind or imagination [b](Link)[/b]

terraricca
    Participant

Miia

Mt 24:15 “So when you see standing in the holy place ‘the abomination that causes desolation,’ spoken of through the prophet Daniel—let the reader understand—

Da 12:11 “From the time that the daily sacrifice is abolished and the abomination that causes desolation is set up, there will be 1,290 days.(from the coming of the messiah to the dead of the messiah 1290 days)

Da 8:9 Out of one of them came another horn, which started small but grew in power to the south and to the east and toward the Beautiful Land.
    Da 8:10 It grew until it reached the host of the heavens, and it threw some of the starry host down to the earth and trampled on them.
    Da 8:11 It set itself up to be as great as the Prince of the host; it took away the daily sacrifice from him, and the place of his sanctuary was brought low.
    Da 8:12 Because of rebellion, the host of the saints and the daily sacrifice were given over to it. It prospered in everything it did, and truth was thrown to the ground.
    Da 8:13 Then I heard a holy one speaking, and another holy one said to him, “How long will it take for the vision to be fulfilled—the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, the rebellion that causes desolation, and the surrender of the sanctuary and of the host that will be trampled underfoot?”
    Da 8:14 He said to me, “It will take 2,300 evenings and mornings; then the sanctuary will be reconsecrated.”(from the time of Jesus dead till the time God turns towards the gentiles 2300 days )

Mk 13:14 “When you see ‘the abomination that causes desolation’ standing where it does not belong—let the reader understand—then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.

Lk 21:20 “When you see Jerusalem being surrounded by armies, you will know that its desolation is near.
    Lk 21:21 Then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains, let those in the city get out, and let those in the country not enter the city.
    Lk 21:22 For this is the time of punishment in fulfillment of all that has been written.

hope this will help you if you have any question ask me ,I will try to answer you

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

each time you use the term “I” means you glorify yourself ,so try to use it with humbleness ,

what happen to you in 1979/82 is yours before God so no one has anything to do with it ,be humble ,no one can see your soul but we can see what it does ,

No, i did not write the book about you ,(would have been a waist of my time )but it is a expression to tell you in what way I am seeing you ,

truth is of God anything else is of men ………

Ed J
    Participant

The daily sacrifice is taken away when the abomination of desolation/ desolating sacrilege (idol) is set up. Physically, the daily sacrifice was taken away when Jerusalem was made desolate in 70 AD.

Hi Miia,

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT, then what do you suggest ‘the abomination of desolation’ is?
    And also please give me the year ‘the abomination of desolation’ was set up, OK?

“And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away,
    and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall
    be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.” (Dan 12:11)

Who is Frances E Gigot – did he make any videos? [b](<– Please READ the Post at this Link)[/b]

Ed J
    Participant

Miia

it was more between 66 and 68 Ad that the abomination took place

Hi Miia,

Hey, that’s the same question that I asked you.

Pierre’s got the cart before the horse. Because according to Daniel 12:11 the abomination
    that maketh desolate WAS SET UP AFTER, after, after the daily sacrifice is taken away.

And you have them occurring at the same time (see quote below)

‘The daily sacrifice is taken away when the abomination of desolation/ desolating sacrilege (idol) is set up.
    Physically, the daily sacrifice was taken away when Jerusalem was made desolate in 70 AD.’ – Miia

According to Daniel 12:11 the abomination that maketh desolate
    WAS SET UP AFTER, after, after the daily sacrifice is taken away.

And who is Vespasian anyways? Maybe he
    can get together with Frances E Gigot
    and the two of them can hash it out.

Hey maybe Pierre can post a video, and we can both watch it?

Well, what do you think Miia?

terraricca
    Participant

Miia

I made a mistake it was what cause the desolation that was in 66 -68 (by Vespasian)

the abomination that will cause the desolation “is the judgement of the innocent and is killing in the name of the true God by those that should have saved him ,

the murder of the son of God ,Jesus Christ ;this is the abomination ; that has caused the destruction(desolation) of the temple and the rejection of God of his
    people ;

LK 20:9 And He began to tell the people this parable: “A man (GOD)planted a vineyard( temple of Solomon) and rented it out to vine-growers(ISRAEL), and went on a journey for a long time.
    LK 20:10 “At the harvest time he sent a slave to the vine-growers(PROPHETS), so that they would give him some of the produce of the vineyard; but the vine-growers beat him and sent him away empty-handed.
    LK 20:13 “The owner(GOD) of the vineyard said, ‘What shall I do? I will send my beloved son(JESUS); perhaps they will respect him.’
    LK 20:15 “So they threw him out of the vineyard(Jerusalem) and killed him. What, then, will the owner of the vineyard do to them?
    LK 20:16 “He will come and destroy these vine-growers and will give the vineyard to others.”70 AD this parable was accomplished

Ed J
    Participant

Edj

(1)each time you use the term “I” means you glorify yourself ,so try to use it with humbleness ,

(2)what happen to you in 1979/82 is yours before God so no one has anything to do with it ,be humble ,no one can see your soul but we can see what it does ,

(3)No, i did not write the book about you ,(4)(would have been a waist of my time )but it is a expression to tell you in what way I am seeing you ,

(5)truth is of God anything else is of men ………

Hi Pierre,

1) “I” disagree
    2) That’s when “I” killed the ego
    3) Great “I” didn’t think you that had
    4) How you or ‘i am’ is seeing me does not concern me

5) Looks like we agree on point labeled #5

Ed J
    Participant

I made a mistake it was what cause the desolation that was in 66 -68 (by Vespasian)

the abomination that will cause the desolation “is the judgement of the innocent and is killing in the name of the true God by those that should have saved him ,

the murder of the son of God ,Jesus Christ ;this is the abomination ; that has caused the destruction(desolation) of the temple and the rejection of God of his
    people ;

Hi Pierre.

Jesus was crucified in 30AD; he did not die in 66AD, nor in 67AD, not even in 68AD.
    Besides, Jesus dying for our sins was not an abomination – did you think that it was?

“For had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into
    the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.” (1Cor 2:8-9 )

terraricca
    Participant

Edj

read what I said ,about the abomination for that is what it is ,if not show me scriptures that says otherwise ,

you also are mixing things up ,1) the abomination ,2)reason for his dead and what it will bring, 3) time line for the events ,4)to whom all those different things are address to,

your scripture is missed addressed for it has nothing to do with what I said but it is related more to what Christ resurrection bring us all

as for Vespasian the Roman emperor ? google it and see he is the father of Titus the general that destroyed Jerusalem in 70 AD

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Pierre,

“We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed” (2Pt 1:19)

Prophecy is given as “a day for a year” (ref. Ezekiel 4:6)
    “I have appointed thee each day for a year” (Ezekiel 4:6)
    “each day for a year” (Numbers 14:34) (<– second witness)

The dome of the rock (abomination of desolation) was set up in 688AD.

603BC + 1,290years = 688AD

The Babylonian captured Jerusalem in 603BC [b](Link)[/b]

When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet,
    stand in the holy place(on the Temple Mpunt), (whoso readeth, let him understand:)
    Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:” (Matt 24:15-16)

688ad + 1,260years = 1948

“And the woman(Israel) fled into the wilderness(ref. Matt 24:16),
    where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her
    there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.” (Rev 12:6)

“If we receive the witness of men, the witness of God is greater” (1 John 5:9)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 181 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account