10 commandments; were they done away with?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Constitutionalist wrote:

The Jews were not even under it if they did not transgress through faith and grace.

Good point!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Imagine you came across a beautiful lake filled with fish and surrounded by forests and game of all kinds.
    Would you be surprised to find a sign that says

Do not burn down the forests
    Do not machine gun the animals
    Do not dynamite the lake.

The OT law is not written on hearts.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,13:04)
    Hi,
    Imagine you came across a beautiful lake filled with fish and surrounded by forests and game of all kinds.
    Would you be surprised to find a sign that says

Do not burn down the forests
    Do not machine gun the animals
    Do not dynamite the lake.

But this [shall be] the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the Yĕhovah, I will put my law [TOWRAH/TORAH] in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their 'elohiym, and they shall be my people. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Yĕhovah: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Yĕhovah: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more. Jeremiah 31:33-34

TOWRAH/TORAH: Deuteronomic or Mosaic Law.

And the Yĕhovah thy 'elohiym will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Yĕhovah thy 'elohiym with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30:6

Psalm 37: 31 The law [TOWRAH/TORAH] of his 'elohiym [is] in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.

Hearken unto me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart [is] my law [TOWRAH/TORAH]; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be ye afraid of their revilings. Isaiah 51:7

And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh: Ezekiel 11:9

Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do [them]. Ezekiel 36:25-27

The OT law IS written on hearts.

terraricca
    Participant

hi nick
    this is the failure of most of Israel to fall in reject by theyr God because, they did not take to heart his law and directions,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    So the law of love is written on the hearts not the boundaries of misbehaviour?

Participant

Hi:

Abraham was righteous with God because he believed God, that is through faith, but of course, through his obedience his faith was made manifest.  The Law was added because of transgressions.  It is through the Law that man knows that he has sinned, and therefore, he knew and knows when there is the need to repent.  Sin is said to be the transgression of the Law. That has not changed.

What we need to understand is what it means to be under grace and not under the Law.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

942767……..Grace is (GOD'S INFLUENCING ON THE HEART) GOD'S commandments are an expression of GOD'S HEART, they are eternal and never will be done away with.  There should never be a question if we should keep them , the question is (HOW WE KEEP THEM) is it through the Works of LAW or how law works (forced compliance ) or the OPERATION of GOD which Creates in us the way to keep His commandments. No one will be in the kingdom of GOD believing GOD'S commandments are done away with.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………gene

Quote (942767 @ Dec. 16 2009,19:00)
    Hi:

Abraham was righteous with God because he believed God, that is through faith, but of course, through his obedience his faith was made manifest.  The Law was added because of transgressions.  It is through the Law that man knows that he has sinned, and therefore, he knew and knows when there is the need to repent.  Sin is said to be the transgression of the Law.  That has not changed.  

What we need to understand is what it means to be under grace and not under the Law.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Doesn't appear Nick or terraricca can grasp that.

Quote (Gene @ Dec. 16 2009,19:32)
    942767……..Grace is (GOD'S INFLUENCING ON THE HEART) GOD'S commandments are an expression of GOD'S HEART, they are eternal and never will be done away with.  There should never be a question if we should keep them , the question is (HOW WE KEEP THEM) is it through the Works of LAW or how law works (forced compliance ) or the OPERATION of GOD which Creates in us the way to keep His commandments. No one will be in the kingdom of GOD believing GOD'S commandments are done away with.  IMO

peace and love to you and yours……………gene

Amein

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,18:44)
    Hi CON,

Love is the essence of the OT Law, NT, OT, NT, same law, it is that essence that makes the difference.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,18:44)
    Hi CON,

Well Nick? There it is in writing, The OT law written on the hearts, NO COMMENT to your statement, That it is NOT?

Or you just going to answer with another question and side step your statement under a rug?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Do you really you think THOU SHALT NOT KILL is written on your heart?
    Love is so much more relevant.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,23:43)
    Hi CON,
    Do you really you think THOU SHALT NOT KILL is written on your heart?
    Love is so much more relevant.

Absolutly, it is written in you your heart not to kill, just like to love and sanctify life is written on your heart.

Like I said, I showed you scripture showing the OT law is written on your heart, and you still answer with a question and imply thats its not.

Either scripture is wrong or you are, which is it?

Nothing wrong with being corrected, humbleness is a virtue from 'elohim.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    You cannot let go of the Jewish law?
    Love is relevant and killing becomes impossible.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,23:58)
    Hi CON,

Nick can't accept scriptual proof? Staying in denial? Truth will set you free.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 16 2009,23:58)
    Hi CON,

Can't let go what 'elohim places in the heart, and is backed by scripture, but apparently you can.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The pharisees could not read between the lines and dwelled on fulfilling the restrictions missing the vital love written there.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 17 2009,00:32)
    Hi CON,
    The pharisees could not read between the lines and dwelled on fulfilling the restrictions missing the vital love written there.

Has nothing to do with Pharisees, It has to do with scripture and your statement. It's ok. Skirt it all you wish.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    The schoolmaster is only relevant now for bringing Jews to Christ and as educational material for others.
    Let go of that hand and take responsibility in a deeper way.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account