10 commandments; were they done away with?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 205 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    So Heb 8 speaks of a new tabernacle and a new sanctuary built by God, not the ones on earth that imaged it built by man.
    It speaks of a new High Priest and a new ministry and priesthood of those in Christ.
    So why would you apply the image to the real?
    Do you have that right and role?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 24 2009,09:28)
    Hi CON,
    So Heb 8 speaks of a new tabernacle and a new sanctuary built by God, not the ones on earth that imaged it built by man.
    It speaks of a new High Priest and a new ministry and priesthood of those in Christ.
    So why would you apply the image to the real?
    Do you have that right and role?

I may be misunderstanding you here but

Hebrews 8:1 Yeshua did become High Priest and he did Become the High Priest and did replace the Levitical high priests. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:2 {2} A minister of the {a} sanctuary, {3} and of the {b} true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

{2} A minister of the {a} sanctuary, {3} and of the {b} true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

(2) They of Levi were high priests in an earthly sanctuary, but the Messiah is in the heavenly.

(a) Of heaven.

(3) They of Levi exercised their priesthood in a frail tabernacle, but the Messiah bears about with him another tabernacle, that is, his body, which 'Elohim himself made everlasting, as shall later be declared in Heb 9:11.

(b) Of his body.

Who represents his own sacrifice, as the high priest did the blood of those sacrifices once a year. Of the sanctuary. Heaven, typified by the holy of holies. And of the true tabernacle. Perhaps his human nature, of which the old tabernacle was a type. Which the Lord hath fixed. Forever. Not man, As Moses fixed the tabernacle. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:3 He brings a reason why it must be that the Messiah should have a body (which he calls a tabernacle which the Lord built, and not man) that is, that he might have that to offer. for otherwise he could not be an High Priest. The body is both the tabernacle and the sacrifice.

For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices. It is his appointment to offer gifts and sacrifices. That is his office. Hence, if Yeshua is a High Priest, he must have an offering, but his offering must be presented in the true Holy of Holies above. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:4 He gives a reason why he said that our High Priest is in the heavenly sanctuary, and not in the earthly: because, says he, if he were now on the earth, he could not minister in the earthly sanctuary, seeing there are still Levitical priests who are appointed for him, that is to say, to be patterns of that perfect example.

To what purpose should the patterns serve, when the true and original example is present?

But if he were on earth. If his priesthood terminated here. He could not be a priest. At all, consistently with the Jewish institutions. There being other priests. To whom alone this office is allotted. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow. The service of the priests and of the temple is after the example of, and a shadowing forth of heavenly things.

See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount. A pattern was shown Moses. All must be made after that pattern (Ex 25:40). Hence the tabernacle made according to that plan shadowed forth heavenly things. The earthly high priest was a type of the great high priest in the heavens.

Yet both the pattern and shadow lead our minds to something nobler than themselves: the pattern, to that holiness and glory which complete it; the shadow, to that which occasions it. Ex 25:40. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:6 Now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry. More excellent than that of the Levitical priesthood. He serves in the heavenly sanctuary.

He is the meditator. The high priest was a mediator, interceding with 'Elohim for the people. The Messiah is the mediator of a better covenant with its more glorious promises; of the Gospel. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:7 He proves by the testimony of Jeremiah that there is a second Testament or covenant, and therefore that the first was not perfect. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:8 Behold, I will make a new covenant. By the mouth of Jeremiah (Jer 31:31-34). He calls it a house, as it were one family of the whole kingdom: for while the kingdom of David was divided into two sections, the Prophet would have us understand that through the new Testament they shall be joined together again in one. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:9 Not according to the covenant I made with their fathers, etc. (Jer 31:32). It shall differ from the covenant of Sinai made while the Lord was leading Israel up from Egypt.

Because they continued not in my covenant. Israel had broken the covenant, and been unfaithful. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:10 This shall be a principle of the new covenant. (Jer 31:33). I will put my laws in their mind. Under the new covenant the minds and hearts shall be given to the Lord and filled with his law. They shall worship in spirit and in truth (Joh 4:23,24). (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:11 And they shall not teach every man. . . saying, Know the Lord. (Jer 31:34). Under the old covenant children were born into covenant relation. As they grew up they had to be taught of the Lord, or they would never know him. As a matter of fact, many did not learn to know him.

For all shall know me, from the least to the greatest. But under the new covenant all must learn to know 'Elohim and the Son whom he hath sent before they can enter the covenant. Every one must enter by faith in the Messiah, repentance of sin, and surrender to the will of 'Elohim. Hence all members of the new covenant know 'Elohim, from the least to the greatest. (That is the Image and it is real).

Hebrews 8:12 For I will justify them, which is the root of all true knowledge of 'Elohim. This, therefore, is 'Elohim's method. First, a sinner is pardoned: then he knows 'Elohim, as gracious and merciful then 'Elohim's laws are written on his heart: he is 'Elohim's, and 'Elohim is his. (That is the Image and it is real).

Yeshua is the New tabernacle and he is our sanctuary. It's as real as real can be.

:cool:

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Let go of the image that you can see the reality.
    He is the minister of the new sanctuary.

His body was as the temple curtain.[Heb 10.20]

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Gene @ Nov. 24 2009,03:17)
    Ed J……….The commandments will never be done away with, they are the way life works for ever, they are fulfilled by the Spirit of GOD. When we are impregnated with His Seed (holy spirit) it begins to Produce His life in us, and doing the commandments is the natural fruit of that life. “For all the commandments IE (the law) are fulfilled in one word You shall Love your neighbor”. Love fulfills  every requirement in the Law Perfectly. Love does not do away with them, it fulfills them. If you have been given GOD seed in you (IT) will produce His nature in you, you then have been born from above, Your thinking has been changed you can say with Jesus we are from above and indeed you who have His seed in you are born from above.  IMO

love and peace to you and yours…………………gene

Hi Gene,

Your words help others to see that “The Word” is indeed the “HolySpirit”! (Matt.18:16)

Luke 8: 11 Now the parable is this: The seed is “the word” of God. (Romans 8:14-16 / Psalm 82:6)

Romans 8:14-16 For as many as are led by the [HolySpirit] of God, they are the sons of God.
    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear(as BD asserts); but ye have received the Spirit of adoption,
    whereby we cry, Abba, Father. The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Psalm 82:6 I(HolySpirit) have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Ed j……………….I agree . the word sown into our minds or hearts is the (seed) of GOD being Sown in us. And these word (ARE) Spirit as Jesus said they were. And if we retain it, and not get distracted (it) will grow and produce its fruit in our lives. The more we meditate on them the more they influence our thinking and we are thinking Creatures and are animated by our thinking so for us to be GODLY we need His words in US, and His Words begins to cleans us in our minds, as it says being washed by the word of GOD. It really is in our minds that change comes, that is why it says let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Ed j…we do see much alike. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…………………..gene

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 24 2009,06:17)

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 24 2009,10:29)
    To All,

The Law is not imposition to those who walk according to the ways of the Spirit as the fruit of the spirit is obedience to the commandments of God.

The problem is that the letter kills and the spirit gives life.  If you adhere to the letter of the law to the point where you violate its spirit then you are disobeying God.   That is why God states that he desires love and not Sacrifice.

Hi Kerwin,

Do you think this thread is helpful?

Your last sentence is from Hosea 6:6…
    “For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice;
    and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.”

I do not have the gift of prophecy and so have no idea of which way God will choose to illuminate my understanding.  

I discuss the word of God in hopes of reaping a harvest of righteousness.  There are also useless arguments about the law. Telling the difference can sometimes be difficult.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The Spirit of God teaches and illuminates the Word, and wrote the Word through men but is not that Word.
    The Spirit is of God, and God is greater than His Word

kerwin
    Participant

To all,

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 01 2009,00:13)
    Hi KW,
    The Spirit of God teaches and illuminates the Word, and wrote the Word through men but is not that Word.
    The Spirit is of God, and God is greater than His Word

The Law of Mosses explicitly states:

Deuteronomy 13:5(KJV) reads:

And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the LORD your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the LORD thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Yet God also explicitly states:

Ezekiel 18:23(KJV) reads:

But if the wicked will turn from all his sins that he hath committed, and keep all my statutes, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall surely live, he shall not die. All his transgressions that he hath committed, they shall not be mentioned unto him: in his righteousness that he hath done he shall live. Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?

So an apparent conundrum is introduced by scripture which instructs God's people to execute all false prophets but to spare those who change their ways.   Jesus answers that conundrum in his teachings.

terraricca
    Participant

hi gene
    you said there is no free will ok,what do you understand by free will ? I have told you what i mean ,you still send me playing in the trafic (so called),but you are setup on the born again christians theory.I have left organice religion 30years ago ,and only use the Bible ,
    if you can show me or everyone here that God offers you everlasting live and you have to do nothing for it no comittement ,no change ,no burden,just take it eassy ,God does all for all,this should be wy Christ died ,
    any one believing this is insane ,this is not Gods way,nor Christ way,
    since the beguining God as punished and reward.
    there is also a false believe wen your thing your saved, it is for ever ,not so said the scriptures,
    live is a constant decission making.and you are influanced by all thing good and bad ,Godly or not,and inticed by your own thinkings and emotions,your carnal instincs.

to me it is your will free in you but corupted by you ,were your decissions lays.
    if you are born of the Spirit of Christ and God ,your decissions will be guided by his word and will surplant all the others,this is also your will free to choose to do God s will,Just as Christ love to do God s will ,it becomes natural,after changing your thoughts and behavor.
    Just as it is natural to the wicket to do wicket thins.

peace2all
    Participant

we are now under christ's new law. the 10 commandments were for the jews, moses had handed down. it was back the the god of isreal that all others were fighting or hating. through jesus , we now are all son's of god and we are all under the law created by jesus's ransom. we are one family, one group. it's no longer the jews and then everyone else as it was back then.

terraricca
    Participant

hi P2al
    yes before it was Israel and the rest of the world,to day is it different or only the names have changed,like true christians and the others,the jews should have stay faithfull to God and we would have knowned God from them,now the true christiansare there and we learn God ways through them and there massages.
    see the difference?????

Quote (peace2all @ Dec. 08 2009,13:36)
    we are now under christ's new law. the 10 commandments were for the jews, moses had handed down. it was back the the god of isreal that all others were fighting or hating.  through jesus , we now are all son's of god and we are all under the law created by jesus's ransom. we are one family, one group. it's  no longer the jews and then everyone else as it was back then.

we are now under christ's new law. the 10 commandments were for the jews, moses had handed down. it was back the the god of isreal that all others were fighting or hating.  through jesus , we now are all son's of god and we are all under the law created by jesus's ransom. we are one family, one group. it's  no longer the jews and then everyone else as it was back then.

we are now under christ's new law.

Are you talking about these “(2) New laws”?:

Yeshua HaMoshiach said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy 'elohim with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. Matthew 22:37; Mark 12:30; Luke 10:27

And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. Matthew 22:39; Mark 12:31; Luke 10:27

If these laws are “New” then why are they in the Old Testament?:

And thou shalt love the LORD thy 'elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. Deuteronomy 6:5; Deuteronomy 10:12

And the LORD thy 'elohim will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the LORD thy 'elohim with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live. Deuteronomy 30:6

Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I [am] the LORD. Leviticus 19:18

It seems Yeshua HaMoshiach quoted these two “New” laws from Leviticus and Deuteronomy. What do you think?

the 10 commandments were for the jews, moses had handed down.

Is that the truth? Are you sure the “Ten Commandments” did not exist before Moses and Mount Sinai?

1. Do not have other gods (Genesis 35:2-4)
    2. Do not have idols (Ge 35:2-4)

Then Jacob said unto his household, and to all that [were] with him, Put away the strange gods that [are] among you, and be clean, and change your garments: And let us arise, and go up to Bethel; and I will make there an altar unto God, who answered me in the day of my distress, and was with me in the way which I went. And they gave unto Jacob all the strange gods which [were] in their hand, and [all their] earrings which [were] in their ears; and Jacob hid them under the oak which [was] by Shechem. Genesis 35:2-4

That was way before Moses on Mount Sinai.

3. Do not misuse the Lord's name (Genesis 12:7,8 and Genesis 21:33 indicate the reverence held for 'elohim's name)

And the LORD appeared unto Abram, and said, Unto thy seed will I give this land: and there builded he an altar unto the LORD, who appeared unto him. And he removed from thence unto a mountain on the east of Bethel, and pitched his tent, [having] Bethel on the west, and Hai on the east: and there he builded an altar unto the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD. Genesis 12:7-8

And [Abraham] planted a grove in Beersheba, and called there on the name of the LORD, the everlasting 'elohim. Genesis 21:33

Well there are three commandments in example prior tp Moses and Mount Sinai.

4. Keep the 7th-day Sabbath holy (Genesis 2:1-3, Exodus 16:23-30,35)

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day 'elohim ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And 'elohim blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which 'elohim created and made. Genesis 2:1-3

And he said unto them, This [is that] which the LORD hath said, To morrow [is] the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake [that] which ye will bake [to day], and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning. And they laid it up till the morning, as Moses bade: and it did not stink, neither was there any worm therein. And Moses said, Eat that to day; for to day [is] a sabbath unto the LORD: to day ye shall not find it in the field. Six days ye shall gather it; but on the seventh day, [which is] the sabbath, in it there shall be none. And it came to pass, [that] there went out [some] of the people on the seventh day for to gather, and they found none. And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws? See, for that the LORD hath given you the sabbath, therefore he giveth you on the sixth day the bread of two days; abide ye every man in his place, let no man go out of his place on the seventh day. So the people rested on the seventh day. . . And the children of Israel did eat manna forty years, until they came to a land inhabited; they did eat manna, until they came unto the borders of the land of Canaan. Exodus 16:23-30,35

A ) 'Elohim made the “Sabbath” at creation.
    B ) In the desert 'elohim expressed how he wanted them to keep the Sabbath, he even provided them the food daily and doubled the portion on the sixth day (preparation day).
    C ) Ofcourse some did not listen, and 'elohim chastized them.
    D ) Notice: “And the LORD said unto Moses, How long refuse ye to keep my commandments and my laws?” Well?
    What did he say? They already knew his “COMMANDMENTS and LAWS!” They have NOT even gotten to Mount Sinai where the Commandments were alledgedly handed down by Moses as you say. Can you explain that? They were still wandering in the desert.
    E ) The children of 'elohim kept the Sabbath for 40 years before they arrived to Mount Sinai.

You should really re-think what you read.

5. Honor your parents (Genesis 9:20-25)

And Noah began [to be] an husbandman, and he planted a vineyard: And he drank of the wine, and was drunken; and he was uncovered within his tent. And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brethren without. And Shem and Japheth took a garment, and laid [it] upon both their shoulders, and went backward, and covered the nakedness of their father; and their faces [were] backward, and they saw not their father's nakedness. And Noah awoke from his wine, and knew what his younger son had done unto him. And he said, Cursed [be] Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. Genesis 9:20-25

Noah and Ham were long before Moses and Mount Sinai.

6. Do not kill (Genesis 4:5-11)

But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell. And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen? If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee [shall be] his desire, and thou shalt rul
    e over him. And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. And the LORD said unto Cain, Where [is] Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: [Am] I my brother's keeper? And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground. And now [art] thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;  Genesis 4:5-11

If Commandment (6) did not exist until the time of Moses then Cain would not have been guilty. Also 'elohim spoke about sin laying at the door, since sin is transgressing the Law then the Law must have been in effect, and this was a long, long time before Moses and Mount Sinai.

7. Do not commit adultery (Genesis 39:7-9)

And it came to pass after these things, that his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me. But he refused, and said unto his master's wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what [is] with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand; Genesis 39:7-9

Joseph knew adultery is forbidden.

8. Do not steal (Genesis 44:8,9)

Behold, the money, which we found in our sacks' mouths, we brought again unto thee out of the land of Canaan: how then should we steal out of thy lord's house silver or gold? With whomsoever of thy servants it be found, both let him die, and we also will be my lord's bondmen. Genesis 44:8,9

What is stealing unless there is a law?

9. Do not give false testimony (Genesis 27:8-12)

Now therefore, my son, obey my voice according to that which I command thee. Go now to the flock, and fetch me from thence two good kids of the goats; and I will make them savoury meat for thy father, such as he loveth: And thou shalt bring [it] to thy father, that he may eat, and that he may bless thee before his death. And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother, Behold, Esau my brother [is] a hairy man, and I [am] a smooth man: My father peradventure will feel me, and I shall seem to him as a deceiver; and I shall bring a curse upon me, and not a blessing. Genesis 27:8-12

A fine example of false testimony, lonf before Moses.

10. Do not covet (Genesis 13:8,9)

And there was a strife between the herdmen of Abram's cattle and the herdmen of Lot's cattle: and the Canaanite and the Perizzite dwelled then in the land. And Abram said unto Lot, Let there be no strife, I pray thee, between me and thee, and between my herdmen and thy herdmen; for we [be] brethren. Genesis 13:8,9

I know if you diligently search the scriptures you find more fine examples of the Commandments and Laws of 'elohim un the bible.

we now are all son's of god and we are all under the law created by jesus's ransom.

What is the LAW of RANSOM? Or What is the LAW CREATED by his RANSOM?

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 08 2009,22:01)
    hi P2al
    yes before it was Israel and the rest of the world,to day is it different or only the names have changed,like true christians and the others,the jews should have stay faithfull to God and we would have knowned God from them,now the true christiansare there and we learn God ways through them and there massages.
    see the difference?????

We learn 'elohim's ways through “massages”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    You should not take to yourself the Jewish Law that Jesus expounded to the Jews.
    It is the schoolmaster that led them to him and he gives them and us greater things.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2009,00:29)
    Hi CON,
    You should not take to yourself the Jewish Law that Jesus expounded to the Jews.
    It is the schoolmaster that led them to him and he gives them and us greater things.

So I gather you did not read what I wrote?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    If you are born from above and walking in the Spirit then higher ideals are possible than the OT.
    Love one another as I have loved you.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 09 2009,01:20)
    Hi CON,
    If you are born from above and walking in the Spirit then higher ideals are possible than the OT.
    Love one another as I have loved you.

So I gather you did not read what I wrote?

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 09 2009,17:01)
    hi P2al
    see the difference?????

yes its not a set people no more we all are and its thruough christ (chrisitan) teachings

peace2all
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Dec. 09 2009,19:27)

Quote (terraricca @ Dec. 08 2009,22:01)
    hi P2al
    see the difference?????

We learn 'elohim's ways through “massages”?

massages are good.

they can feel heavenly.

:)

kerwin
    Participant

Who here does not understand that those who walk according to the Spirit truly love their neighbor as themselves and so keep the law?

Is there anyone who disagrees with that statement?

If so please speak up and say why you disagree.

If not then you must realize that in loving your neighbor as yourself that you do all that has ever commanded his people to do.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 205 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account