Reply To: The Holy Spirit, a separate person, essence of God, or force?

stroshow
Participant

Hi, I was wondering who you people belive the Holy Spirt is? Is he a person? is he gods spirit? Here are some examples of why i think he is a person..

Acts 5:3, 4 But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Who did they lie to?

Acts 5:9 Then Peter said unto her, How is it that ye have agreed together to
tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feet of them which have
buried thy husband are at the door, and shall carry thee out.

Who did Ananias & Saphira tempt?

Holy Spirit.
………………………………………………………………………………………………

We can blaspheme against the Spirit.

Luke 12:10 And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy
Ghost it shall not be forgiven.

The Holy Spirit can talk,.

Acts 8:29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

The Spirit can send and call for others.

Acts 10:19, 20 While Peter thought on the vision, the Spirit said unto him, Behold, three men seek thee. Arise therefore, and get thee down, and go with them, doubting nothing: for I have sent them.

Acts 13:2 As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said,
Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have
called them.

The Spirit can act.

Acts 16:6,7 Now when they had gone throughout Phrygia and the region of
Galatia, and were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia, After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

The Spirit can teach.

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will
send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things
to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man’s wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual
things with spiritual.

…………………………………………………………………………………………..

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church
of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Who is it that made them overseers? Also, (regarding the deity of Jesus) notice who’s blood does it say the church was purchased with?

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from
the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Notice several things the Spirit gives testimony. Also, notice who sends the Spirit. Here Jesus says that “I will send him”, so Jesus sends him. Look back at John 14:26, were Jesus says that the Father will send the Spirit.

John 16:13,14 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you
into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he
shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Acts 7:51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always
resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.

Who did they resist?
……………………………………………………………………………………………….

1 Corinthians 12:11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

According to who’s will?

I would really appreciate some feed back on this topic thank u so much!

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account