You cannot have 200% of anything!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Do you think this version is in line with the others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You will have other witnesses to establish a truth?[2Cor 13.1]

Marlin1
    Participant

The flesh body of Jesus is the temple where God the Son dwelt.  Jesus was the person that dwelt within the flesh body/temple.

Kathi, my dear sister, again you stumble.

In the beginning it was only one word that Satan told Eve and she believed it.  

You do the same, you substitute Son for Father.  And in doing so, you make two Gods. PAGAN that is.

The Word was God, not another god as you suppose.

God Bless
    Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    In one post you commend me for proving that the Son is God, in another you claim He is not. I believe your confusion is that you do not understand how 2 persons can be thought of as one God. It would really help you to study the early church writers who believe that the Father and the Son are both God yet one God in nature.

They have endeavoured to reduce to order the unarranged matter in your mind. (A paraphrase of Tatian)

I have noticed that you do not acknowledge how you are corrected by the clear scripture that I have put up but you reduce your posts to belittling as if that is going to be effective. First you have to show yourself true to scripture before people will respect you and then present your understanding to others without belittling and insulting.

So again my advice to you is to go read the early church writings to see what they have to say about 2 persons who are both God by nature yet are one. Read with a spirit of understanding…I can't stress that enough. This info is free to those with access to the internet.

You can find many of these writings here:
    http://www.ccel.org/fathers.html

I have also got a database going of their quotes regarding the deity of both the Father and the Son, here:
    https://heavennet.net/cgi-bin….y334636

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,12:06)
    Hi LU,
    Do you think this version is in line with the others?

Nick,
    Yes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So which other versions agree?
    How many manuscripts say this?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,12:12)
    Hi LU,
    You will have other witnesses to establish a truth?[2Cor 13.1]

Which truth are you not understanding? That Jesus is the only begotten Son of God the Father or that Jesus is referred to as God?

Here, again are some 'witnesses' of the deity of Christ for you to cling to:

Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.

Mark 12:35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? 36David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’i
    37 David himself calls him ‘Lord.’ How then can he be his son?”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

Luke 1:11 And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense. 12Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. 13But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14“You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. 16“And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God . 17“It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord .”

The “Lord their God” here is the same one that John goes before as a forerunner…i.e. Jesus.

“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;

Jesus speaking:
    Matt 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

John 1:18
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “ I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

John 20:26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Acts 10:34
    34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. 36“The word which He sent to the sons of Israel,preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all) —37you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. 38“You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39“We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40“God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41not to all the people, but to ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42“And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

Romans 9:5
    Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:2 NAS
    To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1 Cor 2:6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;

1 Cor 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle–sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead–

1 Cor 7:22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman ; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought with a price ; do not become slaves of men.

Colossians 4:12 NAS
    Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bond-slave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.

This shows that Jesus is not just a mere man like us or it wouldn't be a good thing to be His slave.

Philippians 2:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

2 Thessalonians 1:12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

If you look at the Greek, you will see that all the verbs that are in these two verses are written in the singular form, yet there are two subjects which would normally require the verbs to be written in plural form. This suggests a compound unity of two persons, acting as one pers
    on

Tit 2:13, 14
    …while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for us, “that he (Jesus) might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works”.

Hebrews 1:8
    But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

2 Peter 1:1
    Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Rev 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Rev 19:16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Deut 10:17 “For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,13:47)
    Hi LU,
    So which other versions agree?
    How many manuscripts say this?

Nick,
    The many versions that are translating 'monogenes theos.' It is in the earliest manuscript.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God the Son was the phrase.
    Surely you can find it elsewhere.

If not the motion lapses for want of a seconder

shimmer
    Participant

NRSV© 1:18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.

Hi Nick.

Just for you information, THIS is a good site to check different versions.  

Youngs Literal:

“God no one hath ever seen; the only begotten Son, who is on the bosom of the Father — he did declare”.

God Bless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God drew mankind into his relationship with the Word.
    We are the undeserved recipients of His love.

We remain who we are [soul] while coming into their unity of Spirit.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,13:38)
    Hi,
    God drew mankind into his relationship with the Word.
    We are the undeserved recipients of His love.

We remain who we are [soul] while coming into their unity of Spirit.

N

Hmmmmmmm ???

Marlin1
    Participant

Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.  

Kathi, You use this scripture to prove that Jesus is god the 2nd person.  Yet this scripture speaks of God not the son.  It very well could be speaking of the LOGOS, but that also is God.  There is absolutely no way that you will be able to make God two.

Jesus is God, The Spirit in Him is the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.  The selfsame God.

I am sorry that I have hurt your feelings, that was not my intention. My intention was to show you your error and sometimes that can pinch a little.

I will address other points in another post.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    You mean Jesus CHRIST?

No not God but the firstborn son, the firstborn from the dead.
    He shares unity with God in the Spirit.
    In him so can we.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2012,13:58)
    Hi LU,
    God the Son was the phrase.
    Surely you can find it elsewhere.

If not the motion lapses for want of a seconder

Hi Nick,
    How about some passages that clearly tell us that Jesus the Messiah is the LORD JEHOVAH.

Philippians 2:6-11 Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    6He who, while he was in the form of God, did not esteem this as a prize, that he was the equal of God, 7But he stripped himself and took the form of a Servant and was in the form of the children of men, and was found in fashion as a man. 8And he humbled himself and was obedient unto death, even the death of being crucified. 9Because of this, God has also greatly exalted him and he has given him The Name which is greater than all names, 10That in The Name of Yeshua, every knee shall bow, which is in Heaven and in The Earth and which is under The Earth, 11And every tongue shall confess that Yeshua The Messiah is THE LORD JEHOVAH to the glory of God his Father.

1 Cor 8:6
    6To us, ours is one God The Father, for all things are from him and we are in him, and The One LORD JEHOVAH Yeshua The Messiah, for all things are by him, and we are also in his hand.

Acts 10:34-36
    34But Shimeon opened his mouth and he said, “In truth, I understand that God is no respecter of persons. 35But among all nations, whoever worships him and works righteousness is acceptable to him. 36For the word which he sent to the children of Israel and announced good news of peace and tranquility to them by Yeshua The Messiah, ( This One is LORD JEHOVAH of all ),

There is three witnesses to Jesus being the LORD JEHOVAH.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    All from the ARAMAIC bible?
    You do cast a wide net to justify your claims

Marlin1
    Participant

Yes Nick, Jesus the Christ, Jesus the man had the Spirit of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. For it is the selfsame Spirit. The Spirit of God.

Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Ummm…you're welcome. :)

Btw, Jesus and His disciples spoke Aramaic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You separate the Father from His Spirit?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2012,16:39)
    Hi LU,
    You separate the Father from His Spirit?

N

how can any one do that ?????????????

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account