You cannot have 200% of anything!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    The Spirit brings understanding to the word and gifts men with the ability to teach through that understanding and also give discernment to know what is false.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    How many men have claimed that blessing yet totally disagree unto murder

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Many views are out there and here. The true sheep will know the Shepherd's voice. The sheep will be gathered together and be of one mind.

Marlin1
    Participant

Many views are out there and here. The true sheep will know the Shepherd's voice. The sheep will be gathered together and be of one mind.

Every group says the same thing.

There are very few sheep.

Broad is the way and wide is the gate that leads to destruction, many find this gate.
    Narrow is the way and strait is the gate that leads to life, few there be that find this gate.

There are lots that know the bible inside out and they think that is the Word.  It is just the guide to the true living Word. The Lord Jesus Christ.
    There are very few that truly follow the Word (Tree of Life).  

Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 29 2012,08:16)
    Hi ED,
    You say
    “Can you reconcile these two Scriptures together, I can!
    John 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
    Jn.8:14 …Though I bear record of myself, yet my record is true…”

Jn 5 needs to be read from v 31 to 39

It is about LEGAL truth as shown in 2Cor 13.1
    Two or three witnesses are needed to establish a fact.

Jesus showed that the scriptures and the Father in Him provide two witnesses -as in Jn8

Yes, Nick.

:)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 29 2012,17:57)

Every group says the same thing.

There are very few sheep.

Broad is the way and wide is the gate that leads to destruction, many find this gate.
    Narrow is the way and strait is the gate that leads to life, few there be that find this gate.

There are lots that know the bible inside out and they think that is the Word.  It is just the guide to the true living Word. The Lord Jesus Christ.
    There are very few that truly follow the Word (Tree of Life).  

Marlin

True Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    you claim:

I call my father, father and my mother, mother. But I new it wasn't their name. Moses ask God what His name was. Did God tell him to call him Father, Son, Holy Ghost? NO, even though those are titles of His. He said, (I am that I am). In the Old Testament, He said His Name was Jehovah, yet He told Moses to tell them ('I am' sent you).

Well, the Father's name is not Son but His name is 'Father' to those who are His children. Here is a song for you, many would say that you are wrong in insisting that one of His names is not 'Father.'

You could enjoy this if you could lay down your understanding,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Marlin,
    Yes many of those listening to Yashua got a nasty shock when he told them they had another father.

Marlin1
    Participant

Yes many of those listening to Yashua got a nasty shock when he told them they had another father.

Nick Very Sad, but True, my heart just breaks.  
    They have been blinded by the God,(father), of this evil age.  You have to be totally blind to think that Father is a name and not a title and to think it is God's Name and doesn't speak of anyone else, such as millions of fathers and satan, if beyond reason.

God Bless
    Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    You do not believe the words of Jesus when He clearly claims that He is not the Father. How can He say that He did not come on His own initiative if He sent Himself?? Why are you arguing against scripture that is plainly written and wasting time here?

John 8
    39They answered and said to Him, “Abraham is our father.” Jesus said to them, “If you are Abraham’s children, do the deeds of Abraham. 40“But as it is, you are seeking to kill Me, a man who has told you the truth, which I heard from God; this Abraham did not do. 41“You are doing the deeds of your father.” They said to Him, “We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.” 42Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. 43“Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. 44“You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45“But because I speak the truth, you do not believe Me. 46“Which one of you convicts Me of sin? If I speak truth, why do you not believe Me? 47“He who is of God hears the words of God; for this reason you do not hear them, because you are not of God.”

48The Jews answered and said to Him, “Do we not say rightly that You are a Samaritan and have a demon?” 49Jesus answered, “I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me. 50“But I do not seek My glory; there is One who seeks and judges. 51“Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.” 52The Jews said to Him, “Now we know that You have a demon. Abraham died, and the prophets also; and You say, ‘If anyone keeps My word, he will never taste of death.’ 53“Surely You are not greater than our father Abraham, who died? The prophets died too; whom do You make Yourself out to be?” 54Jesus answered, “If I glorify Myself, My glory is nothing; it is My Father who glorifies Me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God’; 55and you have not come to know Him, but I know Him; and if I say that I do not know Him, I will be a liar like you, but I do know Him and keep His word. 56“Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” 57So the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” 58Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I am.” 59Therefore they picked up stones to throw at Him, but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple.

We have to have a defense for our beliefs. Your heart should break over your own error and your false teaching. Jesus is not His own Father. The Father sent His only begotten Son…not Himself. Good grief!

Kathi

Marlin1
    Participant

Kathi, You read and understand not.  Jesus the man was created by God, for God.  For God became flesh and dwelt among us.  Reconciling the world to HIMSELF.

Tell me Kathi,  Who is Isa 9:6 speaking of?

ISAIAH 9:6 †     For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.  

He is the Father, the Son and the Counselor.

I and my Father are one.
    If you have seen me, you have seen the Father.

God Bless
    Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Isaiah 9:6 is talking about the Son only.

Many scriptures refer to their harmony in unity. A man's son's character often resembles his own, often, even his physical appearance. How much more would the Son's character reflect His Father's if He always did what He saw the Father doing and spoke the words that His Father would have Him speak?

The Son is the husband to the church and brings in the children whom He has given eternal life to…hence the Son is their everlasting Father. It is the incorruptible seed of the Word of God that is within believers from Jesus.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    SONship by the Spirit in him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    SONship by the nature that is in Him and who He was within and begotten by. The Spirit of the Son goes with the nature.

Marlin1
    Participant

The Son is the husband to the church and brings in the children whom He has given eternal life to…hence the Son is their everlasting Father.

Now think long and Hard, you have Jesus doing NOTHING of Himself and at the same time you have Him as everlasting Father.  Now you have two that are named Father.  And one father only does what the other Father tells Him to do.  Which one of your fathers gave eternal life.

The Lord our God is One.

Again by your interpretation, you have taken scripture and made it of none effect.

Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    Do you have a father who has a father? His father is considered your Grandfather. The Son gives eternal life.
    This is not a hard concept.

The Son is completely capable of doing anything the Father does because they have the same nature. The Son is the perfect Son and that is why He gets His direction from the Father…Likewise, the Father is the perfect Father and that is why He is the one who gives direction to the Son. Perfect harmonious unity is what is written throughout the NT.

Kathi

Marlin1
    Participant

Kathi,  

Do you have a father who has a father? His father is considered your Grandfather. The Son gives eternal life.

Sorry this analogy doesn't fit.
    Please show me one scripture where God is your Grandfather?

So you have two fathers of which one is also a Son and the Son does every thing and the other father does nothing.

Try as you might, you can not make the scriptures lie.
    It is the Father that does everything through the temple that He created, Jesus.

God Bless
    Marlin

Lightenup
    Participant

Marlin,
    1Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, “Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, that the Son may glorify You, 2even as You gave Him authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life.

Here we see the Father, the Son and those that the Son gives eternal life to. The Father gives original life to man through the Son and is thus the Father in the sense of creator to all that lives. Then His Son gives some of them life in the eternal sense. So in that manner, the Son is their everlasting Father.

Also, I NEVER said the Father does nothing. Are you willing to read with a spirit of understanding?

It is the Father that does everything through the temple that He created, Jesus.

The flesh body of Jesus is the temple where God the Son dwelt. Jesus was the person that dwelt within the flesh body/temple.

John 2:19
    19Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21But He was speaking of the temple of His body.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    God the Son is a catholic concept

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,

NRSV© 1:18 No one has ever seen God. It is God the only Son, who is close to the Father’s heart, who has made him known.

God the only Son is a Biblical term.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account