You cannot have 200% of anything!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,00:24)
    Hi T,
    Indeed the Spirit of Christ came down from heaven and returned one with Jesus Christ.
    Why are you doubtful about others?

n

CHRIST WAS A SPIRIT BEING,AND GOD WAS HIS FATHER,AND HIS NAME IN HEAVEN IS THE WORD,OF GOD

Col 1:13 For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves,
    Col 1:14 in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.

The Supremacy of Christ

Col 1:15 He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation.
    Col 1:16 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him.
    Col 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
    Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the supremacy.
    Col 1:19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him,

Jn 1:14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Rev 19:13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God.
    Rev 19:14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean.

Rev 19:9 Then the angel said to me, “Write: ‘Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!’ ” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

LOOK HOW IN VERSE 9 IT TALKED ABOUT THE SPOKEN WORDS OF GOD ,BUT IN VERSE 13 HE IS NOT SEE THE DIFFERENCE ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Do you have verses for SPIRIT BEING?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,01:17)
    Hi T,
    Do you have verses for SPIRIT BEING?

N

Da 10:13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia.

who his that Michael ????

DA 8:16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, “ Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision.”
    DA 9:21 while I was still speaking in prayer, then the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision previously, came to me in my extreme weariness about the time of the evening offering.
    LK 1:19 The angel answered and said to him, “I am Gabriel, who stands in the presence of God, and I have been sent to speak to you and to bring you this good news.
    LK 1:26 Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city in Galilee called Nazareth

who is that is called “Gabriel” ?????

GE 16:7 Now the angel of the LORD found her by a spring of water in the wilderness, by the spring on the way to Shur.
    GE 16:9 Then the angel of the LORD said to her, “Return to your mistress, and submit yourself to her authority.”
    GE 16:10 Moreover, the angel of the LORD said to her, “ I will greatly multiply your descendants so that they will be too many to count.”
    GE 16:11 The angel of the LORD said to her further,
    “Behold, you are with child,
    And you will bear a son;
    And you shall call his name Ishmael,
    Because the LORD has given heed to your affliction.
    GE 22:11 But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, “Abraham, Abraham!” And he said, “Here I am.”
    GE 22:15 Then the angel of the LORD called to Abraham a second time from heaven,
    EX 3:2 The angel of the LORD appeared to him in a blazing fire from the midst of a bush; and he looked, and behold, the bush was burning with fire, yet the bush was not consumed.

who his or are the the one that is called “THE ANGEL OF THE LORD”?????

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes archangels and angels are wonderful but none of the verses said spirit BEING?
    Should we add our concepts to what is written?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,10:03)
    Hi T,
    Yes archangels and angels are wonderful but none of the verses said spirit BEING?
    Should we add our concepts to what is written?

N

yeah then they do not exist as per Nick Hasan,

so the day you tell me that they exist and how they are existing ,we will keep going ,other wise this topic to me is done ,

no need to talk with someone who does not exist,I am not a fool,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi t,
    My point is that it is so easy to wander from what is scriptural into theological murkiness by the addition of one word

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    I do concede that angels can be called LIVING BEINGS [Ez 1.5,, 13, 15 etc.]
    But The Word in heaven is never called a BEING

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,11:12)
    Hi T,
    I do concede that angels can be called LIVING BEINGS [Ez 1.5,, 13, 15 etc.]
    But The Word in heaven is never called a BEING

N

this is true but ;THE WORD;if it was words then how could it be tainted with blood ??Rev.19

how can the word ,being walking ??JN 1

and being full of grace ???

how can it be on a horse ???

how can it be with a sword ??

how can it be in the likes of man or a lamb ????

and there is more

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 25 2012,11:02)
    Hi t,
    My point is that it is so easy to wander from what is scriptural into theological murkiness by the addition of one word

N

this miss concept of your will come back to you

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 23 2012,22:30)
    Kathi said,

I'm not sure why you assume that two persons who are each God by nature can't be considered a unity as God to us. Maybe worldly wisdom prohibits this but two perfect eternal beings, one from within the other as a son, must be in perfect, harmonious unity, or one or both would cease from being perfect. Perfect unity is a foreign concept and I can see it would be a hard concept to fathom with worldly thinking.

Sister Kathi,
    I have heard that same argument from the trinity people,  they say these three, you say these two, are in perfect harmony and that makes them one.  That is your worldly wisdom right there.  The Lord our God is ONE LORD.  He is not two persons (personalities) and He is not three persons (personalities).  He is one.

But just like the scriptures say,  it has to be revealed.

Yes we can agree to disagree, which we do.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,
    If God must be one in person, then I can prove that it is Jesus with these verses:

Isaiah 54:5
    “For your husband is your Maker, Whose name is the LORD of hosts; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel, Who is called the God of all the earth.

Mark 12:35 While Jesus was teaching in the temple courts, he asked, “How is it that the teachers of the law say that the Christ is the son of David? 36David himself, speaking by the Holy Spirit, declared:

“‘The Lord said to my Lord:
    “Sit at my right hand
    until I put your enemies
    under your feet.”’i
    37 David himself calls him ‘Lord.’ How then can he be his son?”

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being. 4In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men.

Luke 1:11 And an angel of the Lord appeared to him, standing to the right of the altar of incense. 12Zacharias was troubled when he saw the angel, and fear gripped him. 13But the angel said to him, “Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John. 14“You will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth. 15“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord; and he will drink no wine or liquor, and he will be filled with the Holy Spirit while yet in his mother’s womb. 16“And he will turn many of the sons of Israel back to the Lord their God . 17“It is he who will go as a forerunner before Him in the spirit and power of Elijah, TO TURN THE HEARTS OF THE FATHERS BACK TO THE CHILDREN, and the disobedient to the attitude of the righteous, so as to make ready a people prepared for the Lord .”

The “Lord their God” here is the same one that John goes before as a forerunner…i.e. Jesus.

“For he will be great in the sight of the Lord;

Jesus speaking:
    Matt 11:11 I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist; yet he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

John 1:18
    No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.

John 11:25
    Jesus said to her, “ I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies, 26and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die.

John 20:26After eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors having been shut, and stood in their midst and said, “Peace be with you.” 27Then He said to Thomas, “Reach here with your finger, and see My hands; and reach here your hand and put it into My side; and do not be unbelieving, but believing.” 28Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” 29Jesus said to him, “Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed.”

Acts 20:28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood.

Acts 10:34
    34Opening his mouth, Peter said:
    “I most certainly understand now that God is not one to show partiality, 35but in every nation the man who fears Him and does what is right is welcome to Him. 36“The word which He sent to the sons of Israel,preaching peace through Jesus Christ (He is Lord of all) —37you yourselves know the thing which took place throughout all Judea, starting from Galilee, after the baptism which John proclaimed. 38“You know of Jesus of Nazareth, how God anointed Him with the Holy Spirit and with power, and how He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him. 39“We are witnesses of all the things He did both in the land of the Jews and in Jerusalem. They also put Him to death by hanging Him on a cross. 40“God raised Him up on the third day and granted that He become visible, 41not to all the people, but to ate and drank with Him after He arose from the dead. 42“And He ordered us to preach to the people, and solemnly to testify that this is the One who has been appointed by God as Judge of the living and the dead. 43“Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.

Romans 9:5
    Theirs are the patriarchs, and from them is traced the human ancestry of Christ, who is God over all, forever praised! Amen.

1 Corinthians 1:2 NAS
    To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with all who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:

1 Cor 2:6 Yet we do speak wisdom among those who are mature; a wisdom, however, not of this age nor of the rulers of this age, who are passing away; 7but we speak God’s wisdom in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God predestined before the ages to our glory; 8 the wisdom which none of the rulers of this age has understood; for if they had understood it they would not have crucified the Lord of glory;

1 Cor 8:6
    yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him.

Galatians 1:1 Paul, an apostle–sent not from men nor by man, but by Jesus Christ and God the Father, who raised him from the dead–

1 Cor 7:22 For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is the Lord's freedman ; likewise he who was called while free, is Christ's slave. 23 You were bought with a price ; do not become slaves of men.

Colossians 4:12 NAS
    Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bond-slave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.

This shows that Jesus is not just a mere man like us or it wouldn't be a good thing to be His slave.

Philippians 2:6 (New American Standard Bible)
    who, although He existed in the form of God, did not regard equality with God a thing to be grasped,

2 Thessalonians 1:12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to the grace of our God and Lord Jesus Christ.

2 Thessalonians 2:16 Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who has loved us and given us eternal comfort and good hope by grace, 17comfort and strengthen your hearts in every good work and word.

If you look at the Greek, you will see that all the verbs that are in these two verses are written in the singular form, yet there are two subjects which would normally require the verbs to be written in plural form. This suggests a compound unity of two persons, acting as one person

Tit 2:13, 14
    …while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of “our great God and Savior”, Jesus Christ, Who gave himself for us, “that he (Jesus) might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works”.

Hebrews 1:8
    But of the Son He says, “YOUR THRONE, O GOD, IS FOREVER AND EVER, AND THE RIGHTEOUS SCEPTER IS THE SCEPTER OF HIS KINGDOM.

2 Peter 1:1
    Simon Peter, a servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, To those who through the righteousness of our God and Savior Jesus Christ have received a faith as precious as ours:

Jude 1:4
    For certain persons have crept in unnoticed, those who were long beforehand marked out for this condemnation, ungodly persons who turn the grace of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Rev 17:14 “These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Rev 19:16 And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, “KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.”

Deut 10:17 “For the LORD (Jehovah) your God is the God of gods and the Lord of lords the great, the mighty, and the awesome God who does not show partiality nor take a bribe.

So, see how I can prove with scripture that Jesus is God. Of course I am not the one that insists that God is one person but many here do insist in that.

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck what is it?
    If He is called a God, forgives like a God, creates like a God, saves like a God, requires you to believe in Him like a God, hears your prayers when not physically present like a God…what is He?

a God :)

So there you go dear Marlin,
    God bless,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Yes the Word that was with God now is Jesus CHRIST.
    The Spirit one with the man.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 24 2012,09:31)
    Hi Marlin,
    I believe that the Son of God has been eternally existent, first within the Father and then begotten from the Father before the ages.

You are suggesting that Jesus and the Father were conjoined twins.

It is more likely that what Jesus is composed of the Father's own attributes as we know that the Father is the Father of all. Once begotten, he had a will of his own and was his own person. It really isn't that different to us in that sense.

For example, logos is in the Father and he can express logos too, so that the Logos was with him in the beginning. Wisdom is an attribute of the Father, but he can give birth to wisdom so that Wisdom becomes the craftsman at his side. Truth is an attribute of the Father, and calling Jesus the truth does not in anyway nullify truth in the Father. It is just the difference between attributes and a different person. A different person who is of God will be composed of God's own attributes.

John 16:28
    I came from the Father and have come into the world, and now I am leaving the world and going to the Father.

Do you think that Jesus is going to climb back inside the Father to become a conjoined twin again, or that he is going back to be his own person with his own will as he was with the Father before the world began?

There is no mention that Jesus was part of YHWH as a divine substance or anything else, than being his own person with the Father in the same manner that he is now. As it is written, “And now, Father, glorify me in your presence with the glory I had with you before the world began.”.

If you are in the presence of someone, can that ever mean that you are inside that person?

Marlin1
    Participant

Way to go Kathi,

Matthew said, “Father, Son, Holy Ghost…”
    Peter said, “Lord Jesus Christ…” Who is the Father? “The LORD said unto my Lord, 'Set thou on My right hand.'” there is Father, Son–Jesus, Holy Ghost–the Logos that went out of God. Father, Son, Holy Ghost is absolutely three titles of the Person of God manifested in three different ways or three attributes of Himself.

Amen, The Lord our God is ONE.

:D :D

God Bless
    Marlin

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 25 2012,12:49)
    Way to go Kathi,

Peter said, “Lord Jesus Christ…” Who is the Father? “The LORD said unto my Lord, 'Set thou on My right hand.'” there is Father, Son–Jesus, Holy Ghost–the Logos that went out of God. Father, Son, Holy Ghost is absolutely three titles of the Person of God manifested in three different ways or three attributes of Himself.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

Do you not have to transpose the order of “Lord” and “God” in this famous phrase?

Even so, “Lord God Almighty”, true and righteous are thy judgments. (Rev 16:7)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Lightenup
    Participant

t8,
    I am responding to you but don't expect that you will actually acknowledge this response. It seems like you plop your assumption down and then you don't read an explanation of how you are incorrect in that assumption of what I am posting, and so we get no where. But, here goes anyway…

You are suggesting that Jesus and the Father were conjoined twins.

No, I am not suggesting this at all.

I am saying that the Father always had the Son WITHIN Him, not alongside of Him. Then He begat Him before creation. Jesus, Himself, does say that the disciples knew that the Son CAME OUT OF THE FATHER.

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I came out from thee, and they have believed that thou didst send me.

An attribute does not become a Son, although Sons have attributes.

At least you see the Son as an eternal part of the Father. :;):

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 24 2012,20:49)
    Way to go Kathi,

God Bless
    Marlin

Marlin,

Thanks but you have the wrong impression if you think that I believe that God is one person summed up in the name Lord Jesus Christ.

Things are done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ or simply in the name of Jesus, or Lord, or Christ. Even baptism is done in the name of Jesus Christ and not always the Lord Jesus Christ. It means that those things are done by the authority of Jesus.
    God bless,
    Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes ALL authority has BEEN GIVEN to him.[Mt28]
    The One Who gives is GREATER[heb7]

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    He is not greater in nature but in position as Father to Son. It is the nature that makes one equal to the other. Their position and relationship is another story.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    So you say.
    Theology?

Lightenup
    Participant

Relationship.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account