You cannot have 200% of anything!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 338 total)
  • Author
    Marlin1
    Participant

Mary was truly his mother.

Hi Nick,

In this Nick we disagree.  I know was the 1st sin was and the flesh of man is fallen.  Jesus was the created blood cell of God.  This I know, for the Word says He came without SIN.  No flesh on this earth except Jesus could fulfill the law.

But, my brother, you believe what has been showed to you.  We can agree to disagree for now.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    No verse about this blood cell I see -but there are none.
    Adam chose to serve the serpent in the garden and all men inherit that dominion.
    Jesus never SINNED, he was like to us in all ways except sin, but he was tempted just as we are.

Marlin1
    Participant

I believe that the Son of God has been eternally existent, first within the Father and then begotten from the Father before the ages. That is what I feel the Lord showed me and that changed my life. I have yet to be shown that the Holy Spirit is a separate person but I am willing to be corrected. I, like you, believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and I consider the Holy Spirit to be the inner person of God. Our spirit is our inner person and so I see the concept as very probable.

I was very happy to see that the early church fathers also agree with this understanding of the Son being truly a Son and yet also truly God, begotten before the ages. The oneness is a perfect unity and the equation that I use to demonstrate this is this:

1 FULLNESS of God the Father = 1 God the Father (person) + 1 God, the Son (person) + their 1 united Holy Spirit (their united inner persons).

So without the words and just the numbers it doesn't make sense to the natural mind because no one would agree that
    1 = 1 + 1 + 1
    But when the words are added to clarify, then there is more understanding. The church has a similar equation:

1 Church at large = 1 church at Thessolonica + 1 church at Corinth + 1 church at…….and on and on to include all individual body of true believers, past and present.

In other words, one church can mean the absolute one body of Christ or the one church down the road. The absolute one body of Christ is on one side of the equation and on the other side of the equation are the individual churches being added together.

I hope that helps you understand my view.

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I do see your point, but you are just rationalizing the truth.  The LORD God is ONE.
    If you have two persons, you have to personalities and you have two gods.

But just like I told Nick, we can agree to disagree for now. This revelation has to come from above.

God Bless
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Good call M

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2012,13:58)
    Hi M,
    Adam chose to serve the serpent in the garden and all men inherit that dominion.
    Jesus never SINNED, he was like to us in all ways except sin, but he was tempted just as we are.

he was like to us in all ways except sin

Hmmmmm ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Why do you just question and not go and look up for the verses yourself?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2012,14:10)
    Hi T,
    Why do you just question and not go and look up for the verses yourself?

there is no verse to go and look for

NickHassan
    Participant

Really?

Why should we do all your work?

Marlin1
    Participant

Nick said, There was no demon in him and he had not sinned. He had no need to be washed for God's forgiveness [but was ] and was filled with God's Spirit

PSALM 51:5 †     Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me.

PSALM 58:3 †     The wicked are estranged from the womb: they go astray as soon as they be born, speaking lies.

ROMANS 3:23 †     For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

ROMANS 5:12 †     Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

Nick, I believe the scriptures say that we are born in Sin, shaped in iniquity, and come to the world speaking Lies.  And Paul went on to say that sin(death) passed to all men.  I believe the scriptures back up what I believe, that Jesus came from the creative blood cell of God, Just like the first Adam.

God Bless you my brother.
    Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    What of Ps 25?
    The LAW was given to the jews to be overcomers.
    Jesus prevailed

Marlin1
    Participant

Nick,  I don't think it pertains to weather Jesus came in sinful flesh or not.  It is like saying that Adam didn't come in sinful flesh, yet he fell.

Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    Yes accepting another god.
    He obeyed satan

Marlin1
    Participant

Yes, He was created of God, Just like Jesus. And yet He was completely a man and could fall and did.
    Jesus could of fell and didn't. Neither of them came fallen, LIKE US.

Marlin

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    Yes he obeyed and fulfilled the Law.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Marlin1 @ Feb. 23 2012,15:02)

I believe that the Son of God has been eternally existent, first within the Father and then begotten from the Father before the ages. That is what I feel the Lord showed me and that changed my life. I have yet to be shown that the Holy Spirit is a separate person but I am willing to be corrected. I, like you, believe that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God and I consider the Holy Spirit to be the inner person of God. Our spirit is our inner person and so I see the concept as very probable.

I was very happy to see that the early church fathers also agree with this understanding of the Son being truly a Son and yet also truly God, begotten before the ages. The oneness is a perfect unity and the equation that I use to demonstrate this is this:

1 FULLNESS of God the Father = 1 God the Father (person) + 1 God, the Son (person) + their 1 united Holy Spirit (their united inner persons).

So without the words and just the numbers it doesn't make sense to the natural mind because no one would agree that
    1 = 1 + 1 + 1
    But when the words are added to clarify, then there is more understanding. The church has a similar equation:

1 Church at large = 1 church at Thessolonica + 1 church at Corinth + 1 church at…….and on and on to include all individual body of true believers, past and present.

In other words, one church can mean the absolute one body of Christ or the one church down the road. The absolute one body of Christ is on one side of the equation and on the other side of the equation are the individual churches being added together.

I hope that helps you understand my view.

Kathi

Hi Kathi,

I do see your point, but you are just rationalizing the truth.  The LORD God is ONE.
    If you have two persons, you have to personalities and you have two gods.

But just like I told Nick, we can agree to disagree for now. This revelation has to come from above.

God Bless
    Marlin

Hi Marlin,

You are right, we can agree to disagree for now. I'm not sure why you assume that two persons who are each God by nature can't be considered a unity as God to us. Maybe worldly wisdom prohibits this but two perfect eternal beings, one from within the other as a son, must be in perfect, harmonious unity, or one or both would cease from being perfect. Perfect unity is a foreign concept and I can see it would be a hard concept to fathom with worldly thinking.

Many think they have gotten a revelation but it needs to be tested with scriptures with the Spirit as your guide.

We are not to lean on our own understanding and in all our ways acknowledge Him and He will direct our paths.

Perhaps you would like to write out your testimony of your revelation in a testimony thread. I would guess that many would read it and be able to challenge you or even agree with you. It will help you sharpen your understanding. Also, reading the writings of the early church fathers' with a spirit to understand why they wrote what they wrote can be very beneficial. We don't want to disrupt any unity in the church just because we don't take the time to understand how certain concepts formed. Imo.

God bless,
    Kathi

Marlin1
    Participant

Kathi said,

I'm not sure why you assume that two persons who are each God by nature can't be considered a unity as God to us. Maybe worldly wisdom prohibits this but two perfect eternal beings, one from within the other as a son, must be in perfect, harmonious unity, or one or both would cease from being perfect. Perfect unity is a foreign concept and I can see it would be a hard concept to fathom with worldly thinking.

Sister Kathi,
    I have heard that same argument from the trinity people,  they say these three, you say these two, are in perfect harmony and that makes them one.  That is your worldly wisdom right there.  The Lord our God is ONE LORD.  He is not two persons (personalities) and He is not three persons (personalities).  He is one.

But just like the scriptures say,  it has to be revealed.

Yes we can agree to disagree, which we do.

God Bless
    Marlin

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2012,14:25)
    Really?

Why should we do all your work?

N

yes I could not find one with you description in it ,either you should know you made the comment you should know were you got it from,

or did you invented ????

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 24 2012,07:09)

Hi M,

Hmmmmm ???

hi t,
    You don't seem to look very far or do not know your bible.
    Sit back in your armchair then

heb 2.18

heb 4.15

acts 26.18

gen 2.17 to 3.6

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 24 2012,21:55)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 24 2012,07:09)

Hi M,

Hmmmmm ???

hi t,
    You don't seem to look very far or do not know your bible.
    Sit back in your armchair then

heb 2.18

heb 4.15

acts 26.18

gen 2.17 to 3.6

N
    here are your quoted scriptures;

Heb 2:17 For this reason he had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people.
    Heb 2:18 Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted.

Heb 4:14 Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.
    Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.
    Heb 4:16 Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
    Heb 5:1 Every high priest is selected from among men and is appointed to represent them in matters related to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins.

Ac 26:15 “Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
    “ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied.
    Ac 26:16 ‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen of me and what I will show you.
    Ac 26:17 I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them
    Ac 26:18 to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

Ge 2:17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it you will surely die.”

this was the question that I put in doubt;he was like to us in all ways except sin;

I see a word that says ; HE HAD TO BE MADE LIKE ; YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEAN ???? it means that before he was NOT like his brothers,AND HAD TO BECOME LIKE;

So your scriptures do not support your way of thinking because Christ came down from heaven and went back wen his work was done that is why it only could be LIKE does not mean be as all of us ,because none of men born of men can give the sacrifice needed to save us from our sins,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Indeed the Spirit of Christ came down from heaven and returned one with Jesus Christ.
    Why are you doubtful about others?

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 338 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account