Yeshua and the Feasts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Why do we follow Moses?
    When we know that the only righteous way is Abrahams way

The Blood of any sacrifice never promised our immortality,

Why was God only spoken of as the God of Abram Isaac, and Jacob…Not Moses?…only the Living…Moses under dispute?

Wishing to annul a covenant with death, I am desiring to find him worthy, the Law is for the perishing, they trust in it, they attend all its given feasts.

Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    Act 7:32 [Saying], I [am] the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Charity I do not think that we follow Moses in the first place, it is always God that gave the commandments. And they are still in place. Just that they have been put into our Hearts and made spiritual. Jesus taught us on the Sermon on the Mount what He wants us to do. We are free in a sense that He died for us and took the punishment for our Sins away, but that does not give us a license to sin. If we Love God and keep His Commandments We will do well. We are under Grace, but being under grace does not mean we can do whatever we want to. God forbid, scripture tells us. Walking in the Holy Spirit is really the answer. Of course that is not easy, what does Jesus say:” The road is steep and few will find it.”
    The tread is on the feast ,tho. I like to say that we are under a New Covenant and the Feast's are not a requirement anymore. Jesus fulfilled all.

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

charity
    Participant

I understand mrs truth

Also, still The Blood of any sacrifice even christ, never has promised our immortality.

Immortality came well before the Law of moses

For God was, and is, and will be, the God of the living, Abraham Issac, and Jacob.

A broken heart did this, it was the exceptable scarifice to the Lord.

Where as the lord said I will turn your feasts into moruning, for they are as Idols, and stumbling blocks to even breath life into a Man.

Why did not Moses lead his people this way?

Why did he have power to bring miracles down from heaven, great signs and wounders, even as the false prophets in the book of revelation, can do these things…for the un believing need to see, a sign, and wounder, and follow along, seduced, God has given free will to the gods, and he will use it in his plan.

Why was Abraham not placed in such power of signs and wounders, that we follow him?

IM4Truth
    Participant

Charity That is exactly why we need to follow in Jesus foot steps. Nobody elses. He gave us the example to follow in His ways. He did perform miracles so people would belief in the only true God. And even so, there are many that have fallen away and follow in the foot steps of man, and not God. We have to find that steep road and follow it. Which path do we need to keep, question of our times?

Peace and Love Mrs. :blues: :blues:

charity
    Participant

Interesting…mortal Men can do miracles, as a false prophet on his way to perishing, A god, in his own given right, calling fire down, to assemble the Nations, to his attention, I can not bring railing accusations against what God has allowed, but classify one, as of the four destroying Angels of revelations. Sent
    And of Awakening to this observation, In understanding I can depart from evil, and destroy not with them, after their way, and perhaps follow angels that chose to subdue their god given rights, returning to the will of God, and not use their free grace as brute beasts continuing to destroy earth, that even remain offering blood as their sacrifice for sins, sitting amongst us sharing in our feasts of charity.

charity

charity
    Participant

Kejonn

May I Suggest, bones of the Kings, (as side thoughts)
    Those of whom the scripture has raised, in more places than one hand writer
    With fear, due to the pen of good scribes of Law?
    Those found worthy as servants of the “God of living”
    Maybe then to help see whose feasts we may attend?

Jer 8:1 At that time, saith the LORD, they shall bring out the bones of the kings of Judah, and the bones of his princes, and the bones of the priests, and the bones of the prophets, and the bones of the inhabitants of Jerusalem, out of their graves: Jer 8:2 And they shall spread them before the sun, and the moon, and all the host of heaven, whom they have loved, and whom they have served, and after whom they have walked, and whom they have sought, and whom they have worshipped: they shall not be gathered, nor be buried; they shall be for dung upon the face of the earth.
    Jer 8:3 And death shall be chosen rather than life by all the residue of them that remain of this evil family, which remain in all the places whither I have driven them, saith the LORD of hosts.

charity

Participant

Hi Kj:

I'll give you my understanding:

First the Passover:

Exodus 12 – Study This Chapter

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, F30 according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: 4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in F31 the evening. 7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. 8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. 10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. 11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover. 12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods F32 of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. 13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy F33 you, when I smite the land of Egypt. 14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

The nation of Israel being delivered from bondage to Pharaoh is symbolic of God's Children being delivered from bondage to sin.  When the blood of the sacrifice is applied to the door posts of your household (heart)angel of death will pass over.  If you are born again, the blood of Jesus has been applied to the door posts of your body, that is your heart, and you have past from death unto life.  Death will come upon the first born of Egypt, those who have not been born again.

Joh 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Joh 5:24 – Show Context
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1 Co. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in F38 remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me

1Co 5:7 – Show Context
    Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Feast of Unleavened Bread

Exodus 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel. 16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man F34 must eat, that only may be done of you. 17 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever. 18 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even. 19 Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses: for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a stranger, or born in the land. 20 Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread.

Unleavened bread is bread with out leaven (without sin).  Jesus is the bread of life.  He obeyed the Word of God without sin unto death on the cross.  We who are born again Christians are being purged of leaven (sin) as we learn to apply the Word of God, the commandments that have come to us from God through Jesus) to our daily lives.

1Co 5:8
    Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1Jo 3:5
    And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Joh 6:33
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Firstfruits

Exodus 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

1Co 15:20
    But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1Co 15:23
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Pentacost

Acts 2      
    2:1
    And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  
    2:2
    And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.  
    2:3
    And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.  
    2:4
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.  

Of course, the harvest is that of souls.

Feast of Tabernacles

Le 23:34
    Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth * * day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the

Le 23:43
    That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

As members of body of Christ in the flesh, our bodies are temporary tabernacles for our spirit which is being formed through the Word of God.  When we receive our spiritual body, we will no longer have to dwell in temporary booths or tabernacles.  The Nation of Israel dwelt in booths or tabernacles in the wilderness.  In the promise land we will no longer dwell in temporary tabernacles.

Joh 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt (tabernacled) among us, * (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Zec 14:16
    And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

When we as born again Christians gather to worship we are celebrating the feast of tabernacles.  The name Jerusalem means “teaching of peace”.  We are that city that is teaching peace with God specifically through His Son and His Christ, Jesus.  It is higly inconcievable that every one that is left from all nation will go literally to “Jerusalem” in the nation of Israel.

Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Y@ruwshalaim  
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im      Proper Name Location  

Definition
    Jerusalem = “teaching of peace”
    the chief city of Palestine and capital of the united kingdom and the nation of Judah after the split  

The following is copied from Judaism 101
    http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday0.htm

The ten days starting with Rosh Hashanah and ending with Yom Kippur are commonly known as the Days of Awe (Yamim Noraim) or the Days of Repentance. This is a time for serious introspection, a time to consider the sins of the previous year and repent before Yom Kippur.

2Pe 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

These are the days of awe where every individual has the opportunity to repent and be reconciled to God through His Son and His Christ.

Yom Kippur – the day of atonement

I won't post this, Levitus 16 & 17, suffice it to say that once a year the High Priest entered into the holy of holies into the presence of God with blood for his own sins and the sins of the nation of Israel to atone for sins.  This was repeated every year on the day of atonement, and each year there was remembrance and atonement for all of the sins that had been committed including those sins of the current year.  The blood of animals did not was away the sins but was symbolic of the perfect sacrifice that was done when Jesus offered himself up without sin and entered into the Holy of Holies as our High Priest into the very presence of God not in the tabernacle on earth but into the very presence of God in heaven, and when we who are born again and are striving to obey his commandments falter, he alive forever more and is there to make intercession for us to keep us in right standing with God.

The blood of Jesus washed away the sins of those who were under the law of Moses who were striving to obey God prior to his coming, and is their day of atonement, and for each one who comes to God since his coming in his ministry even unto now it is that person's day of atonement or being in right standing with God.

Hebrews 9 – Study This Chapter

1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances F25 of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. F26 3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; 4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; 5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly. 6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God. 7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, F27 imposed on them
    until the time of reformation. 11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot F28 to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be F29 the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated F30 without blood. 19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet F31 wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. 21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I am not sure that I covered every thing thoroughly, but I hope this helps.

Praise God for His Love and His Mercy

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 13 2007,13:34)
    I understand mrs truth

Also, still The Blood of any sacrifice even christ, never has promised our immortality.

For God was, and is, and will be, the God of the living, Abraham Issac, and Jacob.

Wise woman!

Where as the lord said I will turn your feasts into moruning, for they are as Idols, and stumbling blocks to even breath life into a Man.

Why did he have power to bring miracles down from heaven, great signs and wounders, even as the false prophets in the book of revelation, can do these things…for the un believing need to see, a sign, and wounder, and follow along, seduced, God has given free will to the gods, and he will use it in his plan.

Why was Abraham not placed in such power of signs and wounders, that we follow him?

Moses was sent to deliver G-d's people but Abraham was the first to really follow YHVH. He was faithful to the end!

Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 14 2007,04:58)
    Why do we follow Moses?
    When we know that the only righteous way is Abrahams way

The Blood of any sacrifice never promised our immortality,

Why was God only spoken of as the God of Abram Isaac, and Jacob…Not Moses?…only the Living…Moses under dispute?

Wishing to annul a covenant with death, I am desiring to find him worthy, the Law is for the perishing, they trust in it, they attend all its given feasts.

Mat 22:32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.  
    Act 7:32 [Saying], I [am] the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

H Charity:

The scripture states that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.

There is one sacrifice that can wash away the sin of all, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, included and that sacrifice is the shed blood of Jesus.

Therefore, Jesus states:

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know. 5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? 6 Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

What can wash away my sins? NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD OF JESUS!

charity
    Participant

:( Blood dose not cover the second death..confessed for everything..continually

Was Christ the first of the creation, that should enter and destroy death?

Follow Christ, the redemption of the Body? glorified also as Sons of God by resurrection from the dead, predestined seed

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

My soul repeats

Follow Christ, the redemption of your Body, glorified also as Sons of God by resurrection from the dead, predestined seed

Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead.

The redeemed of the lord.. Souls…accept the threshing floor sacrifice with David for the whole of the kingdom; from its beginning…till its end, they seek not to draw innocent blood, and cut his life off, as he is sent, and proceeds to lead the nations after him, but yet a token to, that his soul can be made an offering, as Isaiah would say, that he shall justify “Many”, and see his seed!

charity

Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 14 2007,14:25)
    :(  Blood dose not cover the second death..confessed for everything..continually

Was Christ the first of the creation, that should enter and destroy death?

Follow Christ, the redemption of the Body? glorified also as Sons of God by resurrection from the dead, predestined seed

My soul repeats

Follow Christ, the redemption of your Body, glorified also as Sons of God by resurrection from the dead, predestined seed

The redeemed of the lord.. Souls…accept the threshing floor sacrifice with David for the whole of the kingdom; from its beginning…till its end, they seek not to draw innocent blood, and cut his life off,  as he is sent, and proceeds to lead the nations after him, but yet a token to, that his soul can be made an offering, as Isaiah would say, that he shall justify “Many”, and see his seed!

charity

Hi Charity:

What exactly is your point. Jesus paid the judgment that was against all of mankind for the first death or separation from God. If a man's sins are not washed away by the blood of Jesus and there is a second death, that Judgment will borne by that person.

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light: 13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his F1 dear Son: 14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins: 15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature: 16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: 17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in F2 all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell; 20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

God Bless

charity
    Participant

My heart intends good thing, and my lips stammer…

David whom God Loved and called his Son, for he was faithful…and his blood was shed as innocent before God, cursed from Eden to be returned to corruption, A father gods heart ach…wether  righteous or not, David was numbered with sinners, cursed without reward.
    In all his righteousness, and his love for his seed, (US) where God made a covenant with him, the promise OF the appearing of the new creation in his son Jesus…whom is the  child that stands up in his stead …,Ecc 4:15 I considered all the living which walk under the sun, with the second child that shall stand up in his stead. All sin is paid with the first Man, the first death, which need redeeming, we are the new creation, to prolong  our days after Christ
    Made anew, that sin may not hold its curse to prevail over him, or us, sin separated now as far as east to west, the conquers of the second death, yet he was flesh, tempted, also as his father David, whom was lifted on high, and lips that spoke the words of His father God.
    Christ suffered in the same, as his father, under the rod of Men…and fallen Angels, that chastened them, and continue in the way, to shed innocent blood.

Act 13:22  And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the [son] of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.
    Of this man's seed hath God according to [his] promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:
    Act 13:26  Men [and] brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.
    Act 13:27  For they that dwell at Jerusalem, and their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the prophets which are read every sabbath day, they have fulfilled [them] in condemning [him].
    And though they found no cause of death [in him], yet desired they Pilate that he should be slain.
    And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they took [him] down from the tree, and laid [him] in a sepulchre.

charity
    Participant

This man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: (Faith)

CHRIST LIVED IT (Action)

Act 13:35 Wherefore he saith also in another [psalm], Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:
    But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Be it known unto you therefore, men [and] brethren, that through this man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins:

charity
    Participant

Where there is no LAW made…thereof is no offence to be committed

Back to the heart, then

All I might say ..I don't have to tell you, do I, you already know :)

Just a token of credit

yes or No, is found within the heart, and profits one in obediance, that of a broken heart, and self Judgment.

we are found continual in offering his blood as a sacrifice, offence? action of crucifying him for every child born, from generation to generation.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 14 2007,12:53)

Quote (charity @ Nov. 13 2007,13:34)
    I understand mrs truth

Wise woman!

Moses was sent to deliver G-d's people but Abraham was the first to really follow YHVH. He was faithful to the end!

Thanks Tow

I appreciate that, I can’t understand why  after the God Abraham even forgave Abrahams sin, blessed his name, and that thought is found honest within me, and then again God reinforced SIN PASSING, WITHOUT BLOOD with the sure mercy of David,  and even Christ came and walked in the sure mercy the soul shall live.
    Honesty from the heart CAN'T BE taught,THE  truth it is written in the heart of all the creation, the words read can fail us, until we face what is written within us, there will never be unity, and our heritage of who’s children we are, and from them we stand in this  day Judgement …with ONLY grace and mercy to not BE THE PART to fiful,a vision… as the scripture reveals…them and their seed (us) will be destroyed with no memory.

Psa 21:10  Their fruit shalt thou destroy from the earth, and their seed from among the children of men.
    Psa 21:11  For they intended evil against thee: they imagined a mischievous device, [which] they are not able [to perform].

evil CAME against christ.

Isa 53:7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.  
    Jer 11:19 But I [was] like a lamb [or] an ox [that] is brought to the slaughter; and I knew not that they had devised devices against me, [saying], Let us destroy the tree with the fruit thereof, and let us cut him off from the land of the living, that his name may be no more remembered.

charity
    Participant

The men of Nineveh received Immortality BC, by hearing the PREACHING OF, and from Imortality itself, the sure mercy of David, not by Blood shed, but by faith, they return, their sin never prevailed over the gates of hell

12:41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas [is] here.  

Men of Nineveh
    Immortality

The queen of Sheba also because she travelled, and came to Solomon, was redeemed with immortality, even before blood without more blood was shed.

This and is, and is the only sign and the faithless and un believing will receive, that sin needed no sacrifice

His soul was made and offering, the law proceeded to actions of sacrificing the offering

charity
    Participant

Innocent of blood

Pilates Wife warned him not to have any part in the Blood of an Incent Man

Mat 27:24
    When Pilate saw that he could prevail nothing, but [that] rather a tumult was made, he took water, and washed [his] hands before the multitude, saying, I am innocent of the blood of this just person: see ye [to it].

Is this for us to observe?

Even to join together each week to remeber?

Isa 59:3 For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
    Isa 59:4 None calleth for justice, nor [any] pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity.
    Isa 59:5 They hatch cockatrice' eggs, and weave the spider's web: he that eateth of their eggs dieth, and that which is crushed breaketh out into a viper.
    Isa 59:6 Their webs shall not become garments, neither shall they cover themselves with their works: their works [are] works of iniquity, and the act of violence [is] in their hands.
    Isa 59:7 Their feet run to evil, and they make haste to shed innocent blood: their thoughts [are] thoughts of iniquity; wasting and destruction [are] in their paths.
    Isa 59:8 The way of peace they know not; and [there is] no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.
    Isa 59:9 ¶ Therefore is judgment far from us, neither doth justice overtake us: we wait for light, but behold obscurity; for brightness, [but] we walk in darkness.
    Isa 59:10 We grope for the wall like the blind, and we grope as if [we had] no eyes: we stumble at noonday as in the night; [we are] in desolate places as dead [men].
    Isa 59:11 We roar all like bears, and mourn sore like doves: we look for judgment, but [there is] none; for salvation, [but] it is far off from us.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 13 2007,19:07)
    Hi Kj:

I'll give you my understanding:

First the Passover:

Exodus 12 – Study This Chapter

1 And the LORD spake unto Moses and Aaron in the land of Egypt, saying, 2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. 3 Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, F30 according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house: 4 And if the household be too little for the lamb, let him and his neighbour next unto his house take it according to the number of the souls; every man according to his eating shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male of the first year: ye shall take it out from the sheep, or from the goats: 6 And ye shall keep it up until the fourteenth day of the same month: and the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill it in F31 the evening. 7 And they shall take of the blood, and strike it on the two side posts and on the upper door post of the houses, wherein they shall eat it. 8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it. 9 Eat not of it raw, nor sodden at all with water, but roast with fire; his head with his legs, and with the purtenance thereof. 10 And ye shall let nothing of it remain until the morning; and that which remaineth of it until the morning ye shall burn with fire. 11 And thus shall ye eat it; with your loins girded, your shoes on your feet, and your staff in your hand; and ye shall eat it in haste: it is the LORD'S passover. 12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt this night, and will smite all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods F32 of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. 13 And the blood shall be to you for a token upon the houses where ye are: and when I see the blood, I will pass over you, and the plague shall not be upon you to destroy F33 you, when I smite the land of Egypt. 14 And this day shall be unto you for a memorial; and ye shall keep it a feast to the LORD throughout your generations; ye shall keep it a feast by an ordinance for ever.

The nation of Israel being delivered from bondage to Pharaoh is symbolic of God's Children being delivered from bondage to sin.  When the blood of the sacrifice is applied to the door posts of your household (heart)angel of death will pass over.  If you are born again, the blood of Jesus has been applied to the door posts of your body, that is your heart, and you have past from death unto life.  Death will come upon the first born of Egypt, those who have not been born again.

Joh 1:29
    The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

Joh 5:24 – Show Context
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

1 Co. 11:23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in F38 remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me

1Co 5:7 – Show Context
    Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:

Feast of Unleavened Bread

Exodus 12:15 Seven days shall ye eat unleavened bread; even the first day ye shall put away leaven out of your houses: for whosoever eateth leavened bread from the first day until the seventh day, that soul shall be cut off from Israel. 16 And in the first day there shall be an holy convocation, and in the seventh day there shall be an holy convocation to you; no manner of work shall be done in them, save that which every man F34 must eat, that only may be done of you. 17 And ye shall observe the feast of unleavened bread; for in this selfsame day have I brought your armies out of the land of Egypt: therefore shall ye observe this day in your generations by an ordinance for ever. 18 In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month at even, ye shall eat unleavened bread, until the one and twentieth day of the month at even. 19 Seven days shall there be no leaven found in your houses: for whosoever eateth that which is leavened, even that soul shall be cut off from the congregation of Israel, whether he be a stranger, or born in the land. 20 Ye shall eat nothing leavened; in all your habitations shall ye eat unleavened bread.

Unleavened bread is bread with out leaven (without sin).  Jesus is the bread of life.  He obeyed the Word of God without sin unto death on the cross.  We who are born again Christians are being purged of leaven (sin) as we learn to apply the Word of God, the commandments that have come to us from God through Jesus) to our daily lives.

1Co 5:8
    Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

1Jo 3:5
    And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

Joh 6:33
    For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world.

Firstfruits

Exodus 23:16 And the feast of harvest, the firstfruits of thy labours, which thou hast sown in the field: and the
    feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labours out of the field.

1Co 15:20
    But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

1Co 15:23
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

Pentacost

Acts 2      
    2:1
    And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.  
    2:2
    And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.  
    2:3
    And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.  
    2:4
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.  

Of course, the harvest is that of souls.

Feast of Tabernacles

Le 23:34
    Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, The fifteenth * * day of this seventh month shall be the feast of tabernacles for seven days unto the

Le 23:43
    That your generations may know that I made the children of Israel to dwell in booths, when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the LORD your God.

As members of body of Christ in the flesh, our bodies are temporary tabernacles for our spirit which is being formed through the Word of God.  When we receive our spiritual body, we will no longer have to dwell in temporary booths or tabernacles.  The Nation of Israel dwelt in booths or tabernacles in the wilderness.  In the promise land we will no longer dwell in temporary tabernacles.

Joh 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt (tabernacled) among us, * (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Zec 14:16
    And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

When we as born again Christians gather to worship we are celebrating the feast of tabernacles.  The name Jerusalem means “teaching of peace”.  We are that city that is teaching peace with God specifically through His Son and His Christ, Jesus.  It is higly inconcievable that every one that is left from all nation will go literally to “Jerusalem” in the nation of Israel.

Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Y@ruwshalaim  
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im      Proper Name Location  

Definition
    Jerusalem = “teaching of peace”
    the chief city of Palestine and capital of the united kingdom and the nation of Judah after the split  

The following is copied from Judaism 101
    http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday0.htm

The ten days starting with Rosh Hashanah and ending with Yom Kippur are commonly known as the Days of Awe (Yamim Noraim) or the Days of Repentance. This is a time for serious introspection, a time to consider the sins of the previous year and repent before Yom Kippur.

2Pe 3:9
    The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

These are the days of awe where every individual has the opportunity to repent and be reconciled to God through His Son and His Christ.

Yom Kippur – the day of atonement

I won't post this, Levitus 16 & 17, suffice it to say that once a year the High Priest entered into the holy of holies into the presence of God with blood for his own sins and the sins of the nation of Israel to atone for sins.  This was repeated every year on the day of atonement, and each year there was remembrance and atonement for all of the sins that had been committed including those sins of the current year.  The blood of animals did not was away the sins but was symbolic of the perfect sacrifice that was done when Jesus offered himself up without sin and entered into the Holy of Holies as our High Priest into the very presence of God not in the tabernacle on earth but into the very presence of God in heaven, and when we who are born again and are striving to obey his commandments falter, he alive forever more and is there to make intercession for us to keep us in right standing with God.

The blood of Jesus washed away the sins of those who were under the law of Moses who were striving to obey God prior to his coming, and is their day of atonement, and for each one who comes to God since his coming in his ministry even unto now it is that person's day of atonement or being in right standing with God.

Hebrews 9 – Study This Chapter

1 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances F25 of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary. 2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary. F26 3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all; 4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant; 5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly. 6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God. 7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing: 9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered
    both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience; 10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, F27 imposed on them until the time of reformation. 11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot F28 to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be F29 the death of the testator. 17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated F30 without blood. 19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet F31 wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people, 20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you. 21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry. 22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these. 24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: 25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others; 26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. 27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: 28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

I am not sure that I covered every thing thoroughly, but I hope this helps.

Thanks! I'll try to incorporate this in my studies.

kenrch
    Participant

Should we keep the Feast Days?

1 Corinthians 5:7-8, “Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

Truth is, we no longer need to sacrifice a Passover lamb according to this passage. This is actually common knowledge among most Christians of today. The exact same principle therefore applies to all the Jewish feasts as they are indeed fulfilled already, just as the sacrifice of the Passover lamb was fulfilled.

As for those who feel they are convicted to keep these feasts, I am not seeking to change your minds. At the same time, I feel I stand justified in that I see no reason for you to seek to change mine. For it is also written…

* Colossians 2:16-17, “Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.”

By the way.. the “sabbath days” mentioned here are ceremonial feast days, and not the weekly Sabbath. See Leviticus 23:23-38 on this. Specifically verse 38 where it declares these “sabbath days” are BESIDES the Sabbath of the Lord. Another easy to see reality in this passage is. MANY like to claim that this passage is speaking of the “Ten Commandments” because the “sabbath days” is mentioned. But when looking at the ENTIRE verse, one realizes that it is impossible for these “sabbath days” to be the same as the weekly Sabbath day. Why? This passage is lumping both the “sabbath days” together along with the “meat, drink, holy days, and new moons.” Where in the Ten Commandments does it speak of meat, drink, holy days, and new moons?

The Jewish feast days were a shadow of things to come. They pointed forward in a prophetic manner as to what Christ would do when He came to this Earth for us. I ask, why should we embrace or seek to keep feast days that speak of things already done? My faith alone in the “Lamb of God who taketh away the sins of the world” [John 1:29] already proclaims that which the feast days looked forward to as fulfilled at Calvary.

In fact, some of the feast days required the believer to offer sacrifice in the Jerusalem Temple did they not? How is that possible today? How was that possible in fact since 70ad when the Jerusalem Temple was completely destroyed by Rome?

Scriptures openly declare these feast days “nailed to the cross” in the following passage…

Colossians 2:14, “Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;”

These feast days / laws of Moses were ORDINANCES penned on paper by Moses himself. Unlike the Law of God written in STONE by His very finger. The ripping of the temple veil in Matthew 27:51 declares in mountainous tones that these feast days were indeed no longer needed. The Temple itself was no longer the residence of the Shekinah glory of the Lord's presence when that Temple veil ripped. Before the rip, no man could enter into the Most Holy Place but the High priest. Anyone else walking in there would most assuredly DIE. Now however, any man can come before the Lord, for the Temple is now YOU, the Christian!

* 1 Corinthians 3:16, “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?”

Want it prophetically BLUNT? Daniel the Prophet declares the Feast Days as something that was to STOP the moment Christ died on the cross…

* Daniel 9:27, “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

Prophecy itself confirms the feast days CEASED at the time of the cross. In the “midst of the week” (3.5 yrs after Jesus was baptised) the Temple veil RIPPED completely in two. At the exact moment the “Lamb of God which taketh away the sins of the world” spoke from His very lips, “IT IS FINISHED”-John 19:30

Picture this… You are looking for your friend who is said to be behind your house working on your car. You look outside and all you see is your friends shadow protruding from behind the house. You can see your friend working on the car by watching the shadow. So you wait patiently for him to finish. Suddenly your friend cry's out that, it is finished. You then walk to the back of the house, and follow the shadow to your friend that eventually leads directly to him. The feast days are no different. They illustrated to the believers a glimpse of that which Christ was to do in the future, and when He cried out, “it is finished” on Calvary, IT WAS!

Think about this as well…

There we NO Jewish feast days BEFORE the Exodus from Egyptian bondage. And according to prophecy as well as Scripture speaking of the time of fulfillment, they ended perfectly when Jesus “finished” what He came to do for you and me, as well as all those that kept those feast days in faith BEFORE Calvary.

Could there be prophetic reasoning for such an end time movement?

Is it not being “prophesied” all over the world by false prophets that a “third temple” must be rebuilt? Has it not already been reported that the Roman Catholic church is performing “animal sacrifices” on their altars in Africa?Are we to start offering sacrifices again regardless of the fact that prophecy as well as the reality of Calvary declares it is finished? Does not the “keeping of the feast days” denote a “possibility” that Christ has NOT yet arrived, therefore we need to look for another? Will this be used by Antichrist to gather some of the flock into his camp? That I believe is the main issue here. All I can see coming from keeping the feast days is a faith that may eventually learn to embrace the “old leaven” of the Pharisee's. All the world knows, they do indeed proclaim with boldness that Messiah has not yet come. And all of Christendom can read for themselves…

* 1 Corinthians 5:7-8, “Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us: Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.”

One last thing before going further. For those that claim Christ Lord and still can't see the Feast Days abolished at His cross. Please look upon this passage with open eyes…

* Act 6:14 “For we have heard him say, that this Jesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, and shall change the customs which Moses delivered us.”

Peace and God Bless,

Ken

NickHassan
    Participant

For Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account