Writings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    shimmer
    Participant

I would like this to be a place where we can put anything we want, without worrying about discussion or debate.

If it's quoted, can you put the source, author or link.

Please, no comments, discussion or debate. Read or add only… and no flooding.

Mike or t8, can you please delete the earlier thread I made (the one before this?) I worded it wrong… thank you.

shimmer
    Participant

I found this last night.

1965 VISION OF COMING DECEPTION
    -by Stanley Frodsham.

http://www.johnthebaptisttv.com/2010….ception

——————————————————————————–

“When I visit My people in mighty revival power, it is to prepare them for the darkness ahead. With the glory shall come great darkness, for the glory is to prepare My people for the darkness. I will enable My people to go through because of the visitation of My Spirit. Take heed to yourselves lest you be puffed up and think that you have arrived. Many shall be puffed up as in the olden days, for many then received My message but they continued not in it. Did I not anoint Jehu? Yet the things I desired were not accomplished in his life. Listen to the messengers, but do not hold men’s persons in admiration. For many whom I shall anoint mightily, with signs and miracles, shall be lifted up and shall fall away by the wayside. I do not do this willingly; I have made provision that they might stand. I call many into this ministry and equip them; but remember that many shall fall. They shall be like bright lights and people shall delight in them. But they shall be taken over by deceiving spirits and shall lead many of My people away.

“Hearken diligently concerning these things, for in the last days will come seducing spirits that shall turn many of My anointed ones away. Many shall fall through various lusts and because of sin abounding. But if you will seek Me diligently, I will put My Spirit within you. When one shall turn to the right hand or to the left you shall not turn with them, but keep your eyes wholly on the Lord. The coming days are most dangerous, difficult and dark, but there shall be a mighty outpouring of My Spirit upon many cities. My people must be diligently warned concerning the days that are ahead. Many shall turn after seducing spirits; many are already seducing My people. It is those who do righteousness that are righteous. Many cover their sins by theological words. But I warn you of seducing spirits who instruct My people in a evil way.

“Many shall come with seducing spirits and hold out lustful enticements. You will find that after I have visited My people again, the way shall become more and more narrow, and fewer shall walk therein. But be not deceived, the ways of righteousness are My ways. For though Satan comes as an angel of light, hearken not to him; for those who perform miracles and speak not righteousness are not of Me. I warn you with great intensity that I am going to judge My house and have a church without spot or wrinkle when I come. I desire to open your eyes and give you spiritual understanding, that you may not be deceived but may walk in uprightness of heart before Me, loving righteousness and hating every evil way. Look unto Me, and I will make you to perceive with eyes of the Spirit the things that lurk in darkness that are not visible to the human eye. Let me lead you in this way that you may perceive the powers of darkness and battle against them. It is not a battle against flesh and blood; for if you battle in that way, you accomplish nothing. But if you let Me take over and battle against the powers of darkness, than they are defeated, and then liberation is brought to My people.

“I warn you to search the Scriptures diligently concerning these last days. For the things that are written shall indeed be made manifest. There shall come deceivers among My people in increasing numbers who shall speak for the truth and shall gain the favor of the people. For the people shall examine the Scriptures and say, ‘What these men say is true’. Then when they have gained the hearts of the people, then and only then shall Satan enter into My people. Watch for seducers. Do you think a seducer will brandish a new heresy and flaunt it before the people? He will speak the words of righteousness and truth, and will appear as a minister of light declaring the Word. The people’s hearts shall be won. Then, when the hearts are won, they will bring out their doctrines, and the people shall be deceived. The people shall say, ‘Did he not speak thus and thus? And did we not examine it from the Word? Therefore he is a minister of righteousness. This that he has spoken we do not see in the Word, but it must be right, for the other things he spoke were true.’

“Be not deceived. For the deceiver will first work to gain the hearts of many, and then shall bring forth his insidious doctrines. You cannot discern those that are of Me and those that are not of Me when they start to preach. But seek Me constantly, and then when these doctrines are brought out you shall have a witness in your heart that these are not of Me. Fear not, for I have warned you. Many will be deceived. But if you walk in holiness and uprightness before the Lord, your eyes shall be open and the Lord will protect you. If you will constantly look unto the Lord, you will know when the doctrine changes and will not be brought into it. If your heart is right I will keep you; and if you will constantly look to Me, I will uphold you.

“The minister of righteousness shall be on this wise: his life shall agree with the Word and his lips shall give forth that which is wholly true, and it will be no mixture. When the mixture appears, then you will know he is not a minister of righteousness. The deceivers speak first the truth then error, to cover their own sins which they love. Therefore, I exhort and command you to study the Scriptures relative to seducing spirits, for this is one of the great dangers of these last days.

“I desire you to firmly be established in My Word and not in the personalities of men that you will not be moved as so many shall be moved. Take heed to yourselves and follow not the seducing spirits that are already manifesting themselves. Diligently inquire of Me when you hear something that you have not seen in My Word, and do not hold people’s persons in admiration–for it is by this very method Satan will destroy many of My people.”

shimmer
    Participant

Jezebel

I found this interesting, taken from here:

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/identif….chcraft

Rev 2:20

“I know your works, your love, faith, service, patient endurance, and that your last works are more than the first. But I have this against you, that you tolerate your woman, Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. She teaches and seduces my servants to commit sexual immorality, and to eat things sacrificed to idols.  I gave her time to repent, but she refuses to repent of her sexual immorality.  Behold, I will throw her into a bed, and those who commit adultery with her into great oppression, unless they repent of her works.  I will kill her children with Death, and all the assemblies will know that I am he who searches the minds and hearts. I will give to each one of you according to your deeds.  But to you I say, to the rest who are in Thyatira, as many as don't have this teaching, who don't know what some call 'the deep things of Satan,' to you I say, I am not putting any other burden on you.  

In the Bible, Jezebel was a powerful, wicked queen, and wife of a passive king called Ahab. She was a false prophetess who worshiped the false god, Baal. Baal was the god of prosperity, god of the harvests, god of fertility and sex. (Does this sound like some of the modern day gospels that some people preach?)

Child sacrifices were common. She was killed by several eunuchs at the order of commander Jehu.

Jezebel was a witch, and her spirit of witchcraft is still in operation today in the church, and in the world. It will take both a Jehu and the cooperation of the injured victims (spiritual eunuchs) to kill her again.

The Jezebel spirit is sociopathic. Behaviors you might see (3 or more):

1. They gain power by destroying others. It is like an adrenalin rush when they “win” over someone. They manage to get in positions of authority, and are difficult to displace, once there.

2. They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.

3. they can either be war-like in their personalities, so that they are intimidating,

or

so “sweet,” “perfect,” deceitful, “timid” and sneaky, they are able to fool and recruit others to join them. Sometimes they can be very charming and charismatic.

4. critical of others, vicious to the point of bloodthristy.

5. they are never wrong.

6. They recruit others in their charges against their victims. They act to persuade recruits, and do not give up this activity until the recruits are won over. If the potential recruits do not cooperate and buy into things, this angers them.

7. they are narcissic. While they can tend to be oversensitive themselves, they have no concern for the feelings of others. They are not sympathetic to their victims, and tend to play the role of victim themselves, in order to gain sympathy. This way the real victim is left stranded, and opposed by others if they ask for help. Being the center of attention really pleases them.

8. they lie, and they believe their own lie. Avoiding the truth, or intentionally acting to withhold truth is part of this. false picture is presented to others.

9. impulsive, failure to plan ahead. chaotic at times

10. lack of remorse after hurting someone. they justify the harm.

11. consistent irresponsibility.

12. irritability, aggressiveness (open , or subtle), can be quick tempered.

13. failure to conform to social norms. person is an “outlier” or non-conformist. has their own ways.

14. psychological counseling will not help, since they deny what they are.

15. claims to religious sentiments, but very superficial in devotion. Born-again status is debatable, and unlikely, but would have to be evaluated on an individual basis.

16. usually women, but can be men. The women tend to control their men with sex. And they pick passive men (Ahabs) so they can dominate them.

17. usually married. If single, could be lesbian, homosexual man, or promiscuous man.

18. They falsely accuse you, and they do NOT forgive you.

Ahab

Ahab is the permissive spirit who allows Jezebel to go wild and out of control. He is the authority figure that she gets her initial authority from. He may seem masculine in some ways, but he is passive toward her. There are some good resources on the web about Ahab, so I am merely referencing them, rather than repeating the information.

Basically, Ahab is a man who has no real male hormones….or refuses to act like a man, and assume responsibility. It almost seems like he was born missing a few body parts. He turns his head to what Jezebel does so he can somehow benefit from her pillaging of others. He is selfish, wimpy, and uncaring, and ignores the destruction. He looks to his Jezebel as his strength, and admires her. He may even think she is sexy, and will offer the souls up of others to stay near her. Maybe she is his wife, or his “lovely” colleague at work. This combination causes pain for others. She is a liar and a slanderer, and he personally does not care about anything she destroys.

Why do some men become Ahabs? They were not born that way! Ahab is a spirit also, and early childhood experiences come into line with this. A weak or missing male father figure, and an overbearing mother figure contribute to this. The man can be very intelligent, and social, but he will have neither the ethical character, nor the interest in stopping injustices. His lack of action produces a comfort zone, and he benefits from the Jezebels’ destructive behavior. He will defer responsibility and authority to the Jezebel, who takes over. The Jezebel section explores the roots of this deviancy, which can also influence the development of the Ahab, as well as the Jezebel.

To really remove Jezebel, you have to remove Ahab first. To insure Ahab cannot return, he has to be replaced with a Jehu, or righteous man of legitimate authority, willing to act. If you do not have this authority, then remove yourself from this duo.

Avoid Ahabs – Watch and be vigilant in new environments for Ahabs. If you find a man in authority like this, there will most likely be a Jezebel around the corner. In social groups, in job interviews, in churches, take notice if you encounter weak passive men. Take this into consideration before becoming involved with that environment. Save your self from much grief.

In the church, Ahab and Jezebel represent the destruction of the individual family, and church family. The church is to be the bride of Christ and the head is her bridegroom, Jesus Christ. Ahab destroys the bridegroom priestly role and Jezebel pollutes the women with rebellion. All becomes flesh. Spiritual purity is gone, and replaced with ego-centric behavior and motives. Are there too many families breaking up in your church? Look for clues like this.

http://heavenawaits.wordpress.com/do-you-have-an-ahab/

shimmer
    Participant

A friend sent me this:

“When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
    what is man that you are mindful of him,
    the son of man that you care for him?”
    – Psalm 8:3-4

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

Where's the moon?  … is it closer to the size of Mercury or Mars?

I found a link … http://www.sciencenetlinks.com/interac….ze.html
    …to  compare  the size of the moon (or any planet) to other planets.

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Edit: I added a link to my post

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi Skimmer :
    Please ask your friend how he got it and share with us so I can show my friends as well. TY ..:D

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Happyman.
    I dont know where she got it, but I found the same thing here

http://www.rense.com/general72/size.htm

Ed, thankyou for your contribution.

I find it amazing, how small we really are. Like a speck of dust in a room.

shimmer
    Participant

Jesus is appearing to Muslims in Dreams and Visions.

My analysis of the situation is that Jesus's return is fast approaching. Those who could not be reached are now being reached. This is fullfillment of prophecy as Jesus said “This good news of the kingdom will be preached as a Witness to all the nations and then the end will come”.

In Joel 2:28-32 it says…

“It will happen afterward, that I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh; and your sons and your daughters will prophesy. Your old men will dream dreams. Your young men will see visions.
    And also on the servants and on the handmaids in those days, I will pour out my Spirit.
    I will show wonders in the heavens and in the earth: blood, fire, and pillars of smoke.
    The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of Yahweh comes.
    It will happen that whoever will call on the name of Yahweh shall be saved; for in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, as Yahweh has said, and among the remnant, those whom Yahweh calls.

Google 'Dreams and Visions of Jesus Muslims' – even without the word 'Muslim' you will see it.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Shimmer,

Did you know that muslims accept dreams,
    but “The Bible” they reject; weird ain't it?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus!
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Edited out Simmers quote, as it was not necessary to repeat it.

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All ,
           I have to agree with Mnason , Paul's friend when he first heard the word of God from Jesus, face to face. He became a disciple in patience and eargerness to spread the gospel. Over the years he became wise and steadfast in Christ. He saw changes take place and it was difficult to exccept until he realized he was growing with the up-building of the church that must go on. But it had to be in unconditional love , for we are to love one another, incourage one-another. If we argue amoung ourselves with petty pride then we are not building the body of Christ and possibility losing our first love. Love is the key to life for God is love.  As for baptizing it's plain in Matt 28:16-20. There is no denominations in heaven, nor one race, but I do know by faith that sin won't be there; only the saints of God thru Christ our Saviour. It breaks my heart when I read topics that is full of pride and ignorance and the lack of respect of our fellow sainst even when one has the eagerness to express their faith in peace. Yes, Mnason faced changed yet he stood on the soild rock, so must we.        
         In The Love of Christ I pray for all that partispate on this site that Peace reign in our hearts

thehappyman
    Participant

I placed this note on this tread because I didn't know where to do so . My heart is speaking for their are so many lost souls and the numbers seem to be higher every day.

shimmer
    Participant

Just post whatever you feel to post Happyman. Thank you, and EdJ too. Sometimes we do feel moved to say something, or may read some really interesting writing, and just want to share it. Without starting up a whole conversation or a debate. I witnessed this on another forum. A Man started up a thread – over 300 pages of quoted updates on the Muslim World. For the first hundred pages or something nobody commented. But he's still posting on that thread.

thehappyman
    Participant

Shimmer, Thank you for understanding.

shimmer
    Participant

Good stuff Happyman, God bless you and your Family.

shimmer
    Participant

The Elijahs of God will Arise

Extracts from “Placebo” by Howard Pittman.  

There are at least three men of God in history who have walked under the mantle and anointing of the great prophet Elijah: Elijah himself, the prophet Elisha, and also John the Baptist (who came 'preparing the way of the Lord' at His first coming). Now that we are approaching Christ's return, the Bible states that we can once again expect God to raise up such bold and anointed messengers who will go forth “in the spirit and power of Elijah” just prior to His return.

“Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse” (Mal 4:5-6). Jesus Himself stated that, “Elijah comes, and will restore all things…” (Mt 17:11). The task of these end-times Elijah ministries is to “prepare the way of the Lord” and to “make straight a highway for our God” (Is 40:3). These are to be the spiritually 'violent' new ministries that God has been speaking about over the last few years or so. What glorious days these will be, when such ministries arise to defend the name and the honour of the Most High once again.

The following is an extract from the book “Placebo” by Howard Pittman. Mr Pittman was a Baptist preacher who, on 3 August, 1979, went into a near-death coma following the sudden rupture of the main trunk artery in his body cavity and the collapse of his veins through blood-loss. He was brought back from the dead twice by the doctors who were working on him in the hospital, and it was during this period that his spirit was transported into the heavenly realm and he was shown much about his own life, the state of the church, and significant events that lay in the immediate future by God.

One of the startling facts that God first placed before him was that his self-righteous life of Christian work, passing out tracts, etc, was an 'abomination' in God's sight, as it was all done from selfish, pharisaical motives. This was a complete shock to Howard (as you can imagine) but he realized that it was absolutely true. Another thing that God told him to tell others when he got back to earth was: “For those who call themselves Christians, this is the Laodicean Church Age in which we live. A high majority of so-called Christians are, in fact, living a deceived life. They talk Jesus and play church, but do not live it… Because of this our Lord said He would spue them out of His mouth. The Bible describes the condition of this type Christian in Revelation 3:14-22.”

God also spoke to him about the coming 'Elijah' ministries. He was to share with others that, “God is now in the process of recruiting an army with which He will shake this old world one more time. By working through His soldiers, God will produce great miracles that will shake the established hierarchy of the so-called organized religion that is in this world today. These soldiers that God is now recruiting will demonstrate the power of God to a greater extent than did the disciples in the Pentecostal age. Some will be even greater demonstrations than that of Elijah… God's recruitment for this army has been going on for some time. Some of these soldiers have been brought up to a certain level of faith and placed in a “holding” position where they shall remain until He has brought all the new ones up to that level. Remember, the Bible says that He is the author and finisher of our faith. It is going to be through the faith of the soldiers that God will demonstrate His great power. As was stated earlier, for a long time He has been recruiting a few. Now the recruitment has begun in earnest because God is about to perform the great miracles through His army that He promised us He would do in the Bible. John the Baptist brought the spirit of Elijah into this world and he did not even know he had it. He denied it, but Jesus confessed that it was so. The purpose of that spirit was to make straight the paths of the coming of the Lord.

“I declare unto you that you the soldiers who are being recruited now to join with those who have been recruited in the past, will bring to this world the spirit of Elijah. Again the purpose is to make straight the paths of the coming of the Lord for He is about to come again! You that sleep, now is the time to awaken! You that have been in that “holding” pattern for years, look up! You're about to be put to work! To the new recruit, I would say study the Bible diligently and seek the Lord's will in every aspect of your life. Time is short for your spiritual training, but you will be used in ways you never thought possible if you seek the Lord FIRST in your life.

“You who are to be chosen will be the soldiers of the latter rain as referred to in scripture. This recruitment is for the end of the great revival spoken of by the prophet Joel and begun on the day of Pentecost. The end-time of that great revival is the beginnning of the latter rain, so you must prepare for the battle with the discipline of a professional soldier.

“Know this also. There shall be a time or process of “culling” those who are not qualified to be a member of this “Gideon's” army. Just as in Gideon's army in the Bible, only a select few will be fit for service in the army of Christian soldiers the Lord will use in the battle of the latter rain.”

terraricca
    Participant

shimmer

were is this come from?

Jesus is appearing to Muslims in Dreams and Visions by the Millions.

shimmer
    Participant

Terra, google 'dreams visions Jesus Muslims'.

Heres some:

Dreams and Visions of Jesus

For decades, a phenomenon has been recurring in the Muslim world. Men and women – without any knowledge of the Gospel and without any contact with Christians – have been forever transformed after experiencing dreams and visions of Jesus Christ. Reports of these supernatural occurrences often come from “closed countries” where preaching the Gospel is forbidden and where converting to Christianity can invoke the death sentence. A common denominator appears to be that the dreams come to those who are seeking to know and please God.

http://www.morethandreams.org/index.html

The Jesus Visions
    Signs and wonders in the Muslim World

“For God speaks once, yea twice, yet man perceives it not. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; Then he opens the ears of men and seals their instruction.” Job 33: 14-16.

The Risen Lord Jesus is visiting the Muslims through dreams and visions in fulfillment of Joel Chapter 2, which proclaims that in the Last Days the Holy Spirit will be poured out on all peoples, and young and old alike will experience dreams and visions.

At the same time, on a number of occasions over the past 20 years, the Lord has been directing me to nations through the divine agencies of dreams and visions to preach Revivals among the Muslims, specifically in the Holy Land, on the Arabian Peninsula, in Egypt, in the Philippines, and more recently in Iraq and Pakistan.

Since the first edition of “The Jesus Visions,” the phenomena of dreams and visions outpoured in the Middle East have increased—I would almost dare to say–exponentially.

We can hardly keep pace with reports of dreams and visions of our Lord Jesus!

A typical “Jesus dream or vision” with innumerable variations is usually described by Muslims as a peaceful face that they somehow recognize as Jesus. Often they encounter a compassionate figure in a white robe, calling them to come to Him. Sometimes His hands and arms are extended wide, or Jesus reaches toward them in love and invitation. Many dreams are preparatory experiences to encourage Muslims with the possibility of following Jesus. Other visions or dreams are “epic” experiences of such magnitude that the person knows unquestioningly that he or she is destined to walk the lonely path of faith, even martyrdom, with Jesus.

Why is the Lord favoring Muslims with an extraordinary move of the Holy Spirit, often preceding traditional methods of Gospel activity, and aiming straight at their hearts through dreams and visions?

Although Muslim lands have been closed to traditional Gospel preaching, it is time for the Lord to fulfill his promise to the patriarch Abraham to bless the descendants of Ishmael. While it is also the set time for the Lord to favor the descendants of Isaac and Jacob with the restoration of their homeland, he is concurrently remembering his faithful promise to the other side of Abraham’s family, the Arabs.

It is difficult to keep pace with the move of the Holy Spirit in Iraq, despite news reports that paint a bleak picture. Behind the scenes, the Lord is moving into the vacuum since Saddam’s topple with dramatic power conversions and the planting of many new churches. Iraqis are experiencing dreams and visions of Jesus!

As it is written, “I am sought of them that asked not for me; I am found of them that sought me not: I said, Behold me, behold me, unto a nation that was not called by my name.” (Isaiah 65: 1)

Recently in Jerusalem a young man stopped me in the market to thank me for preaching the Gospel in our open air banquets at “The Fountain.” He said, “I can trust you. I want to show you something.” He took a team member and me to a shelf where he was carefully hiding a Bible, which he stroked lovingly and kissed before hiding again. With joy shining from his face, he told us that Jesus now lives in his heart. He had read the entire Bible, including the New Testament, and could not put it down because of the power of its words. But he was tormented by fears of what would happen if he openly declared faith in Yesua al Fadi (Jesus the Savior). One night after praying fervently for three hours, he said the Holy Spirit had given him a dream. He saw a beautiful olive tree, solitary, thriving in the middle of a vast desert. The olive tree pulsated with a heart full of the brightest light he’d ever seen. Upon awakening, the man said, “I am so proud of my dream that God gave me, because it confirmed to my heart that my experience with Jesus is true.

” I said, “Can I offer an interpretation of your dream?”

“Yes, please I am waiting to hear!” the young Arab man beamed.

“I believe the olive tree, a great symbol in the Bible, represents yourself in this instance. You are alone in the desert, meaning that you are a pioneer among many isolated believers who are standing alone for Jesus in Islam. But your roots go down deep to receive sustenance from the hidden resources of the Water of life, Jesus, the Holy Spirit and the Word. The heart you saw on this tree is your own heart, which is filled with the blazing light and glory of Jesus, THE Light of the World!” I added, “Many others will take refuge under your branches as you trust and grow in the Lord. You have not chosen Him, but he has chosen you that you should bear much fruit for His glory!”

The young man was greatly encouraged. Tears filled his eyes. Part of every believer’s ministry in these days of Holy Spirit outpouring should be to interpret the dreams of Muslims and seekers. Many religious persons are indeed zealous for God, but they often need a believer with understanding to explain the Way more adequately. When dreams are granted to divinely chosen persons, the revelations usually begin when their knowledge of God is sketchy. It was so with Abraham, Jacob and Joseph in the Book of Genesis and with Solomon in 1 Kings 3: 5. Thus many seekers are given major clues about the Lord in their dreams.

A Muslim man from Pakistan wrote to me saying, “On 30 May, I again saw Jesus in my dreams. In the beginning, I was not able to come near to him, but this time I could touch him. He gave me a box that I could not open after he vanished. Please send me some information on what this dream means.”

Even though the Pakistani man was in contact with Jesus through dreams, he still needed an evangelist. I wrote to him explaining that the box in his dream represented the treasure trove of Christ—“in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” (Colossians 2:3) Without revelation of the Holy Spirit, the Pakistani could not open the box. We sent him a Bible and Gospel literature including the first edition of “The Jesus Visions,” whereupon he answered with a second letter:

“I dreamed that a man was standing at a distance with a book in his hand calling to me with open arms. But I was afraid to go near to him. This dream has happened to me twice this year. I inquired with a dream reader about this dream, but he did not answer me. But, when I studied your book, ‘The Jesus Visions,’ I thought to myself, ‘He must be Jesus Christ!’”

From here:
    http://www.jesusvisions.org/index.shtml

shimmer
    Participant

Mohammed and the Bus Driver
    The story of one Malay's trip to Mecca and the strange incidents that occurred there

http://isaalmasih.net/isa/malay-mecca.html

Mecca! The man we will call Mohammed shivered with excitement. To think he was really here, at the heart of Islam in Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of the great Prophet whose name he bore–the dream of a lifetime!

Although Mohammed served as an imam (pastor) at his local mosque on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia, he had never before made a pilgrimage to Mecca, as all devout Muslims must do at least once. This first hajj in May 1992 fulfilled Mohammeds commitment to the fifth and last pillar of Islam. He went full of expectation that this trip would represent the spiritual climax of his life.

On his first day in Mecca, Mohammed signed up for a bus tour of some outlying holy sites. The next morning he arrived early for one of the many regularly scheduled departures, and he sat right behind the bus driver to get a good view out the front window. He was glad the coach did not fill up and seats nearby remained empty.

The bus shifted into gear and headed down the road toward the city of Medina and the shrines they would visit. In Medina the Prophet Muhammad had established his theocratic state after fleeing a murder plot in Mecca in a.d. 622. With Medina more than two hundred miles north of Mecca, Mohammed had plenty of time to strike up a conversation with the bus driver.

Above the drone of the engine they exchanged chit-chat, using English as a common language.

“Yes, this is my first hajj,” Mohammed told the dark-haired driver whose face framed deep, penetrating eyes. “Im from Sumatra, a Malay–one of the largest Muslim people groups in Southeast Asia.”

The driver swiveled his head sideways enough to see Mohammed. “You know, you really shouldnt have spent all your money coming here.”

Mohammed figured he had misunderstood. He leaned forward to catch the drivers words. “Excuse me?”

“Coming here on pilgrimage is really a waste of money,” the driver repeated unmistakably. “All the rituals seeking to get into Allahs good graces–when you stop to think about it, Islam is full of hypocrisies.”

Stunned, Mohammed could only listen as the man went on to point out issues he had never considered. For over an hour they conversed as the bus rumbled on through the desert.

“The truth is,” said the driver, turning to look straight at his passenger, “Allah wants to know you personally, as a friend, not just at a distance through rituals. Islam cant give you that kind of relationship.”

With their destination approaching, the driver slowed and downshifted to park at the site. Everyone disembarked, but Mohammeds head spun with new, unthinkable thoughts. In a daze he followed the tour group, yet now everything seemed confused.

What did the driver mean? Where did he get such a perspective? How could I possibly run into a person like that in the Holy Land!

After the tour Mohammed hurried back to meet the returning bus, eager to get a seat by the driver and resume their conversation. But when he boarded, he looked up to see the face of someone new. His spirits sank.

“What happened to the earlier driver?” he asked the man behind the wheel.

He got little more than a shrug in response.

Mohammed found a seat and stared out the window. During the trip back to Mecca, his heart burned with the words of the man on the morning bus. He felt he could recall the whole conversation from beginning to end.

Mohammeds hajj lasted more than a week, but the excitement and anticipation he had brought with him fizzled like air from a leaky tire. Everything he saw and did etched fresh questions and doubts into his mind. As he continued his pilgrimage, he scanned all the buses lined up at each tour site, but never saw his driver again.

Back at home Mohammeds family wondered why he had not returned bubbling with joy from his spiritual zenith. In the solitude of his thoughts he pored over the events of his hajj. He could not forget the drivers words or his face. Yet Mohammeds spirit grappled with perplexities. If Islam is not the true faith, what is?

A few days later Mohammed dropped by the home of a neighbor we will call A-Ching, a Chinese Christian, to borrow something. A-Ching welcomed him inside with customary Indonesian hospitality. As they chatted, Mohammeds eyes lit on something hanging from A-Chings wall. There within a picture frame he saw the face of his bus driver from Mecca!

Mohammed gasped, pointing to the picture. “A-Ching! Do you know this man?”

“Yes, I do,” came the reply. “Thats Jesus. You know Him as Isa.”

Mohammed sat still as a stone. Isa! The second-highest prophet in Islam–the Christians Messiah! Could it be–?

When he found his voice, he spoke up quietly. “I have a story to tell you, A-Ching.”

His neighbor, just as shocked at the tale, listened in silence. When Mohammed finished, he began to choke up, suddenly overcome with conviction of his sin. A-Ching explained the truths Jesus had declared about His own identity and purpose.

“Mohammed, you can receive salvation as the free gift of God through Jesus Christ,” A-Ching told him. “You can have a personal relationship with God.”

Mohammed prayed and committed his life to Christ. When he returned home, he gathered his family and spilled out the whole account. Awed at his story and his transformation, they, too, confessed Jesus as Lord and Messiah.

terraricca
    Participant

shimmer

do we have to believe all that as being of God ?

pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Terra, all what? The Muslim pieces?

I think I may have worded it wrong.

Millions are converting to Chistianity, many through dreams and visions.

How many have these dreams and visions I don't know. I read somewhere it was Millions but I can't confirm that.

In December 2001, Sheikh Ahmad al Qataani, a leading Saudi cleric, appeared on a live interview on Al-Jazeera satellite television to confirm that, sure enough, Muslims were turning to Jesus in alarming numbers. “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity,” Al Qataani warned. “Every day, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Every year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity.”

Stunned, the interviewer interrupted the cleric. “Hold on. Let me clarify. Do we have six million converting from Islam to Christianity?” Al Qataani repeated his assertion. “Every year,” the cleric confirmed, adding, “a tragedy has happened.”

One of the most dramatic developments is that many Muslims — including Shiites in Iran and Iraq — are seeing dreams and visions of Jesus and thus coming into churches explaining that they have already converted and now need a Bible and guidance on how to follow Jesus. This is the fulfillment of Biblical prophecy of Joel 2:28-32.

OK. I'm tired of posting here for a while now.

Anyone, feel free to post whatever you want, a summary of your beliefs, opinion, a story, anything.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account