Words for worshipingjesus and thinker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So Jesus is not in Christ?
    God is no longer with Jesus?
    The anointing by God is not current?

God has forsaken His Son and taken from him His Spirit?

KangarooJack
    Participant

The thinker said:

The exact representation is the genuine thing.

bodhitharta said:

But is it “the thing” itself?

bd,
    I said that the exact representation is the genuine thing. What part of my statement do you not understand?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,14:49)
    The thinker said:

bodhitharta said:

bd,
    I said that the exact representation is the genuine thing. What part of my statement do you not understand?

thinker

If it is the genuine thing then how come you call it a representation?

Try again

NickHassan
    Participant

The thinker said:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,
    You do espouse logic do you not?
    The image is never the original that it images.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 08 2009,19:52)

The thinker said:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

The Son is also called the “radiance of God's glory.” This means that He emanated from God and is therefore the “exact representation” in that sense.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 09 2009,02:44)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 08 2009,19:52)

The thinker said:

bodhitharta said:

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

The Son is also called the “radiance of God's glory.” This means that He emanated from God and is therefore the “exact representation” in that sense.

thinker

That is not a problem no one denies that Jesus came out from God it is only you that won't believe that God “IS” The Father.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

That is not a problem no one denies that Jesus came out from God it is only you that won't believe that God “IS” The Father.

bd,
    The Father is just one part of the theotes (Godhead). Paul said that ALL the fulness of the theotes is in Jesus,

For in Him dwells ALL THE FULNESS OF THE THEOTES BODILY (Colossians 2:9)

The fulness of the theotes is no less in Jesus than it is in the Father. Paul said that “ALL the fulness of the theotes resides in Jesus. You need to come to terms with it.

thinker

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So God has several parts and these PARTS were IN JESUS?
    So Jesus could not be God then or you would have FOUR PARTS?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 09 2009,06:03)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,
    The Father is just one part of the theotes (Godhead). Paul said that ALL the fulness of the theotes is in Jesus,

For in Him dwells ALL THE FULNESS OF THE THEOTES BODILY (Colossians 2:9)

The fulness of the theotes is no less in Jesus than it is in the Father. Paul said that “ALL the fulness of the theotes resides in Jesus. You need to come to terms with it.

thinker

thinker

Colossians 2:9 (Young's Literal Translation)

9 because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

If this is true then Jesus cannot be fully God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God is in him, not as him.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

bd,
    How do you figure?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 11 2009,03:33)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,
    How do you figure?

thinker

If Jesus is fully God then that would make God fully Jesus which you already said that God is not Jesus.

When I say that God IS The Father I am also saying that The Father IS GOD but you cannot say that about Jesus because your test fails one of the directions and therefor there is no totality that would equal a quality of fulness.

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

If Jesus is fully God then that would make God fully Jesus which you already said that God is not Jesus.

How do you figure? Please demonstrate this. God called the man and the woman “Adam.” The man is Adam and the woman is Adam. It is NOT correct to say that Adam is the man or that Adam is the woman. Therefore, it is erroneous to say that God is Jesus or that God is the Father.

bodhitharta said:

When I say that God IS The Father I am also saying that The Father IS GOD but you cannot say that about Jesus because your test fails one of the directions and therefor there is no totality that would equal a quality of fulness.

God is the Father only in relation to His people. In relation to the Theotes this is not possible. In relation to the Theotes it is proper to say that the Father is God. TC illustrated this in saying that vehicle is not car. The proper formula is car is vehicle.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 11 2009,03:52)
    bodhitharta said:

How do you figure? Please demonstrate this. God called the man and the woman “Adam.” The man is Adam and the woman is Adam. It is NOT correct to say that Adam is the man or that Adam is the woman. Therefore, it is erroneous to say that God is Jesus or that God is the Father.

bodhitharta said:

God is the Father only in relation to His people. In relation to the Theotes this is not possible. In relation to the Theotes it is proper to say that the Father is God. TC illustrated this in saying that vehicle is not car. The proper formula is car is vehicle.

thinker

God did not call the man and the woman Adam he called the man Adam and the woman was called eve.

When God said let's make Man in our image male and female it simply shows what they were making “Humans” “Mankind”

a Male is a kind of man and a female is another kind of man and since she is taken from the womb of a man she is called a woman from which all men, male and female come from

and regarding TC and the analogy it is a poor analogy.

To say that car is vehicle is the same assumption as saying vehicle is car, because bike is vehicle, truck is vehicle and likewise vehicle is truck, vehicle is bike.

Almighty God IS The Father, The Father is Almighty God is Jesus “Almighty God”?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

God did not call the man and the woman Adam he called the man Adam and the woman was called eve.

bd,
    Wong! The scriptures declare thus,

Then God said, “Let US make Adam in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let THEM have dominion….So God created Adam in His own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them

God called the male and the female “Adam.” So the term “Adam” was the generic term for the species. The man simply inherited the name as his personal name. But God never gave the name “Adam” to the man exclusively. Neither did God name the woman. The man named the woman. God used the expression “Adam” for the species. I am Adam and you are Adam. But Adam is not you alone and Adam is not me alone.

bodhitharta said:

…and regarding TC and the analogy it is a poor analogy.

To say that car is vehicle is the same assumption as saying vehicle is car, because bike is vehicle, truck is vehicle and likewise vehicle is truck, vehicle is bike.

They are NOT the same assumption because horse is vehicle and bicycle is vehicle and feet and airplanes are vehicle. But vehicle is not horse and neither is it bicycle, feet or airplanes.

Anyway, this all goes back to your erroneous claim that trinitarians say that God is Jesus. They do not say this and I asked you to show this which you have not. Trinitarians say that Jesus is God.

bodhitharta said:

Yes Jesus is almighty God (Isaiah 9:6 and Rev. 1:8). The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah saves.” Why is this so hard for you to accept?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 11 2009,05:07)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,
    Wong! The scriptures declare thus,

Then God said, “Let US make Adam in OUR image, according to OUR likeness; let THEM have dominion….So God created Adam in His own image; in the image of God he created him; male and female He created them

God called the male and the female “Adam.” So the term “Adam” was the generic term for the species. The man simply inherited the name as his personal name. But God never gave the name “Adam” to the man exclusively. Neither did God name the woman. The man named the woman. God used the expression “Adam” for the species. I am Adam and you are Adam. But Adam is not you alone and Adam is not me alone.

bodhitharta said:

…and regarding TC and the analogy it is a poor analogy.

They are NOT the same assumption because horse is vehicle and bicycle is vehicle and feet and airplanes are vehicle. But vehicle is not horse and neither is it bicycle, feet or airplanes.

Anyway, this all goes back to your erroneous claim that trinitarians say that God is Jesus. They do not say this and I asked you to show this which you have not. Trinitarians say that Jesus is God.

bodhitharta said:

Yes Jesus is almighty God (Isaiah 9:6 and Rev. 1:8). The name “Jesus” means “Jehovah saves.” Why is this so hard for you to accept?

thinker

Genesis 1: (King James Version)

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

So you agree that God is not Jesus, good!
    That's because God is The Father of Jesus, right?

Now I'm glad we cleared that up because we know we can say

That God is Our Heavenly Father.

BOOM! BOOM! :D

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta wrote:

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

bd,
    Don't be coy. You know very well that the Hebrew word is “Adam.” God said, “Let US make Adam in OUR image” (male and female).

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen1.pdf

bodhitharts said:

You're being coy again. You asked me if I believe that Jesus is almighty God. My reply was,

You are acting this way because you are losing the argument.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ July 11 2009,05:24)
    bodhitharta wrote:

bd,
    Don't be coy. You know very well that the Hebrew word is “Adam.” God said, “Let US make Adam in OUR image” (make and female).

http://www.scripture4all.org/OnlineInterlinear/OTpdf/gen1.pdf

bodhitharts said:

You're being coy again. You asked me if I believe that Jesus is almighty God. My reply was,

You are acting this way because you are losing the argument.

thinker

Adm means Human as I said.

What about Isaiah? It means the same thing and you know why? Because it is always God doing the saving.

Believing in Jesus is reconciling you to WHO? not to Jesus, right?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

Adm means Human as I said.

But the word “human” didn't exist then. It was simply Adam. How does any of this change my point?

bodhitharta said:

What about Isaiah? It means the same thing and you know why? Because it is always God doing the saving.

Sin was not put away under Isaiah.

bodhitharta said:

Believing in Jesus is reconciling you to WHO? not to Jesus, right?

He is called “Jesus” for He shall save HIS people form their sins. We are CHRIST'S sheep. He brought us into HIS fold.

thinker

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,05:22)

Hi WJ,
    You say
    “Jesus is the “Visible image of God”, God making himself visible!”

When is an image not an image.
    When WJ says it is still the original.

My Questions for you

nick wrote:

Was God in Christ?
    Was God with Jesus?
    Was Jesus anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and power?

Hi NH

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2009,05:22)
    Was God in Christ?
    Was God with Jesus?
    Was Jesus anointed by God with the Holy Spirit and power?

Was Christ in the Father?
    Was Christ with the Father?
    Does the Father have the Spirit without measure?

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account