Words for worshipingjesus and thinker

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,13:24)

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2009,13:18)

Quote (thethinker @ June 23 2009,10:02)
    Nick said:

God is not a lamb or a man.

Chapter and verse please.

thinker

Hi thethinker:

Num 23:19 God [is] not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do [it]? or hath he spoken, and shall he not make it good?  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,
    Since Jesus never lied or repented of anything you have no argument.

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever

Jesus Christ changes not which is an attribute of God.

thinker

Try getting around this one.

Hosea 11:8-10 (King James Version)

9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

and take this into consideration:

Job 33:11-13 (King James Version)

12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

John 14:27-29 (King James Version)

28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    God is not a man.
    God was not born of woman.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Marty said:

Jesus called himself the son of man, and although he did not sin, he could have sinned.

Premise 1: God said “I change not.”

Premise 2: Jesus changes not. He is the same yesterday, today and forever.

Conclusion: Jesus was more than a mere man (He was God).

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So God did not change and become a man?
    When will you make your mind up?

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

9 I will not execute the fierceness of mine anger, I will not return to destroy Ephraim: for I am God, and not man; the Holy One in the midst of thee: and I will not enter into the city.

12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

28Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

bd,
    What's your point?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 24 2009,03:05)
    bodhitharta said:

bd,
    What's your point?

thinker

Did you not see the direct statement “I am God and not Man”?

If God says I am God and not Man

and you agree that God does not change wouldn't God have to now change to say He is God and became a Man or that He is also a Man?

You have to admit the scripture is clear there isn't it? You keep saying God is a man and God is saying it's not true do you still maintain your position even over what God Himself says?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Bodhitharta said;

and you agree that God does not change wouldn't God have to now change to say He is God and became a Man or that He is also a Man?

You have to admit the scripture is clear there isn't it? You keep saying God is a man and God is saying it's not true do you still maintain your position even over what God Himself says?

bd,
    No change took place in God's character in His becoming a man. In fact, Hebrews 1 says that Jesus was the “exact representation of His character.” When the Bible says that God does not change the idea is restricted to His character. It doesn't mean that He cannot manifest Himself in various ways for this would involve change. But His character remains unaltered.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 26 2009,09:57)
    Bodhitharta said;

bd,
    No change took place in God's character in His becoming a man. In fact, Hebrews 1 says that Jesus was the “exact representation of His character.” When the Bible says that God does not change the idea is restricted to His character. It doesn't mean that He cannot manifest Himself in various ways for this would involve change. But His character remains unaltered.

thinker

So those in India who are Gurus that people believe are God incarnate have a valid message as they call these gurus God.

It's possible according to you, right?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 26 2009,10:01)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

So those in India who are Gurus that people believe are God incarnate have a valid message as they call these gurus God.

bd,
    Where do you get that from what I said?

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 26 2009,10:14)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 26 2009,10:01)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

bd,
    Where do you get that from what I said?

thinker

So couldn't these gurus be the exact representation of His character?

NickHassan
    Participant

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Was Jesus God or an exact representation of God?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 26 2009,11:11)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

Nick,
    The exact representation is the genuine thing.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Really?
    Sounds like two things to me.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2009,07:38)
    Hi TT,
    Really?
    Sounds like two things to me.

Nick,
    I said the exact representation is the genuine thing. For instance, John said that Christ is the genuine light (John 1). Who else but God can be called the genuine light? Answer Nick.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So not an image or a REpresentation at all but the original that it REpresents?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    So the light of Jesus to you is not the light of God?
    God was in him.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ June 27 2009,05:02)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

Nick,

thinker

But is it “the thing” itself?

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 27 2009,15:41)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

Nick,

thinker

Hi BD

Are you saying you can not represent yourself?

When you speak like a man and think like a man and reason like a man shall I say you are not a man because your appearance is as a man?

Jesus is the “Visible image of God”, God making himself visible!

Shall I say that because God who is invisble has made himself visible that the visible image I see of him is not God?

Or do you believe that God who is invisible cannot make himself visible?

If the image I see of him is not God, then I have a false image of God!

WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 27 2009,15:29)
    Hi TT,
    So the light of Jesus to you is not the light of God?
    God was in him.

Hi NH

I think you just made the point.

Jesus is the true light, he is not just a light like we are.

That means that he is the source of the light that lights all men!

So yes the Light of Jesus is the light of God for he is God!

Of course the light of the Father is the light of God also for he is God!

Get it?

WJ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 28 2009,07:58)

Quote (bodhitharta @ June 27 2009,15:41)

Bodhitharta said;

bd,

thinker

Hi TT,

Nick,

thinker

Hi BD

Are you saying you can not represent yourself?

When you speak like a man and think like a man and reason like a man shall I say you are not a man because your appearance is as a man?

Jesus is the “Visible image of God”, God making himself visible!

Shall I say that because God who is invisble has made himself visible that the visible image I see of him is not God?

Or do you believe that God who is invisible cannot make himself visible?

If the image I see of him is not God, then I have a false image of God!

WJ

Wow! There should have been a lot of dead people.

Exodus 33
    20 He saith also, `Thou art unable to see My face, for man doth not see Me, and live;'

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account