Wisdom, understanding, knowledge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 16 2010,23:00)
    Jerry

You make sense and nonsense at the same time.
    “IF” God were to forgive the unjust in the end without them repenting first, what was the point for Christ to die for our “sins”?

George.

Why do you think we need to 'repent'? Did not His (Jesus) sacrifice justify all, both believer and unbeliever? We have ALL been “justified”, God sees our sins no more! (2Cor.5:18-19) 18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

Notice it says “conciliating the world to Himself”. THIS IS WHAT CHRIST DIED FOR! “ALL MANKIND”.

Phil.2:12-13 12 So that, my beloved, according as you always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, with fear and trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect,
    13 for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight.

Notice it says “for it is God Who is operating in you…”
    And don't confuse ” be carrying your own salvation into effect”, as if it was you who are doing it. “ALL IS OF GOD”

You finish by saying 'salvation is not automatic', I agree, it is of God, and Him alone.

The one thing scripture says of ourselves, “we are inherantly proud”.

Let us humble ourselves, and gracefully praise what He (God) is doing.

Blessings.

terraricca
    Participant

CO

at the end all things will be of God even Christ him selves turn to him.

Notice it says “for it is God Who is operating in you…” THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU, YOU FULL YOURSELF WITH THE WORD OF GOD ,AND START DOING HIS WILL ,WEN YOU ARE A COMPLET MAN ,THATS WEN GOD IS FULLY OPERATE IN YOU.AMEN
    And don't confuse ” be carrying your own salvation into effect”, as if it was you who are doing it. “ALL IS OF GOD”

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 17 2010,20:00)
    CO

at the end all things will be of God even Christ him selves turn to him.

Notice it says “for it is God Who is operating in you…” THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU, YOU FULL YOURSELF WITH THE WORD OF GOD ,AND START DOING HIS WILL ,WEN YOU ARE A COMPLET MAN ,THATS WEN GOD IS FULLY OPERATE IN YOU.AMEN
    And don't confuse ” be carrying your own salvation into effect”, as if it was you who are doing it.  “ALL IS OF GOD”

terraricca.
    Your explanation of “for it is God Who is operating in you…” is complete nonsence, it does NOT say anything like you explain. Trust in scripture, not your own version.

Blessings.

terraricca
    Participant

CO
    what i am saying is that the scriptures are part of God spirit,because it is by men guided by the spirit of God that it was written,
    so if you can stop your own reflection to be in the way of reading and understand the scriptures ,you would be full of truth of God and of his spirit,
    this is Christ walking in truth and the spirit of God his father,
    what is the truth ?”God s word is the truth”

so by filling you up with the knowledge of the word of God you become guided by the spirit of God.
    if you apply and walk in to them,

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 18 2010,05:41)
    CO
    what i am saying is that the scriptures are part of God spirit,because it is by men guided by the spirit of God that it was written,
    so if you can stop your own reflection to be in the way of reading and understand the scriptures ,you would be full of truth of God and of his spirit,
    this is Christ walking in truth and  the spirit of God his father,
    what is the truth ?”God s word is the truth”

so by filling you up with the knowledge of the word of God you become guided by the spirit of God.
    if you apply and walk in to them,

Hi terraricca.
    You say…”so if you can stop your own reflection to be in the way of reading and understand the scriptures” Then you go on to say…”if you apply and walk in to them”,
    You, of course, must be very proud of yourself, being able to do all these things to effect your salvation. But pride goes before the fall. I suppose you didn't even need to have Christ die for you, you could do it all yourself.
    But me? I'm a sinner saved by grace, I am unable to do all that is needed, like you, I depend only on God for my salvation. Scripture says… (Eph.2:8-9) 8 For in grace, through faith, are you saved, and this is not out of you; it is God's approach present,
    9 not of works, lest anyone should be boasting.

Notice it says…”and this is not out of you” but you say “IT IS”. You deny scripture.
    And continues…”it is God's approach present”, but you want to take credit away from God, and say…”NO, I DID IT”
    Notice finally…”not of works, lest anyone should be boasting”. You trust in your 'works', and a little boasting, and, not God.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

terraricca.
    On reflecting how I worded this last post, I feel a little remorse, that I may have tried to shame you, and this was not my intention. So please forgive me if I was too harsh on you, I didn't mean to dishonor you the way it may have sounded. I'm sorry.

Blessings, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 17 2010,13:21)

Jerry

“IF” God were to forgive the unjust in the end without them repenting first, what was the point for Christ to die for our “sins”?

George.

Why do you think we need to 'repent'?  Did not His (Jesus) sacrifice justify all, both believer and unbeliever?  We have ALL been “justified”, God sees our sins no more!  (2Cor.5:18-19)  18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,
    19 how that God was in Christ, conciliating the world to Himself, not reckoning their offenses to them, and placing in us the word of the conciliation.

Notice it says  “conciliating the world to Himself”.  THIS IS WHAT CHRIST DIED FOR!  “ALL MANKIND”.

Phil.2:12-13   12 So that, my beloved, according as you always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, with fear and trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect,
    13 for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight.

And don't confuse ” be carrying your own salvation into effect”, as if it was you who are doing it.  “ALL IS OF GOD”

You finish by saying 'salvation is not automatic',  I agree, it is of God, and Him alone.

Blessings.

Hi CO,
    We are all called to repent whether or not we think we are righteous.

The works of Jesus were not magic for all men who have lived to benefit by without faith.

Whatever is not of faith is of sin.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Jerry

George.

Why do you think we need to 'repent'?  Did not His (Jesus) sacrifice justify all, both believer and unbeliever?  We have ALL been “justified”, God sees our sins no more!  (2Cor.5:18-19)  18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,

Notice it says  “conciliating the world to Himself”.  THIS IS WHAT CHRIST DIED FOR!  “ALL MANKIND”.

Phil.2:12-13   12 So that, my beloved, according as you always obey, not as in my presence only, but now much rather in my absence, with fear and trembling, be carrying your own salvation into effect,

You finish by saying 'salvation is not automatic',  I agree, it is of God, and Him alone.

Blessings.

Jerry

Was there a reason you ignored these scriptures?

1Cr 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:
    Rom 6:12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.
    Rom 6:21 What fruit had ye then in those things whereof ye are now ashamed? for the end of those things is death.

Redemption and forgiveness is not automatic.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    Rom 10:11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
    Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    2Pe 2:9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:
    Eze 33:11 Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live:
    Hbr 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

As I said, salvation is not automatic.

Georg

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 18 2010,13:23)

Jerry

George.

Blessings.

Jerry

Was there a reason you ignored these scriptures?

1Cr 6:9   Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:  
    Rom 6:12   Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.  
    Rom 6:21   Let not sin therefore reign in for the end of those things is death.  

Redemption and forgiveness is not automatic.

Rom 10:9   That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.  
    Rom 10:10   For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.  
    Rom 10:11   For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.  
    Rom 10:13   For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  
    2Pe 2:9   The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:  
    Eze 33:11   Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live:  
    Hbr 10:31   It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.  

As I said, salvation is not automatic.

Georg

Hi Georg.

I didn't ignore those scriptures, Certainly they exist and are true, but they don't contradict what I said.

Take every one of those scripture you quoted, are you able to take heed and correct yourself from those wrongs that are stated? Maybe you can, and had no need for Christs sacrifice. Surely you can't believe that without Gods intervention you can cure yourself of these problems. Christs sacrifice has justified ALL mankind, you incuded.

Yes, the unrighteous shall not inherit…
    Surely you did this without Gods help? Became rightious?

Yes, Let not sin therefore reign in …
    Again, you did this with your “free will” or Gods help?

Again, Let not sin therefore reign in…
    Who cleansed you? yourself of course!

Also, That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    And God had no part in this? it was all of you?

I could go on with the rest of scripture you quoted. but scripture says, “and this is NOT of you”.
    Also in Phil.2:13 …”for it is God Who is operating in you to will as well as to work for the sake of His delight”. Why do you ignore this scripture? Is it because you didn't need God to accomplish this? You and your so-called 'free will' at work?

1Tim.2:4 …Who wills that all mankind be saved and come into a realization of the truth.
    Of couse many believe that Gods will is only a wish, and He hopes it will come true.

Isaiah46:10 …”And all My desire I will do”. But most think God can't really do it. What do you think, will He, or won't He?

Believe scripture when it says “All is of God”. Again, most believe that “they” will do it!

Blessings, Jerry.

terraricca
    Participant

CO

question;who are the righteous ?? and who are the unrighteous?? according to scriptures.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 18 2010,19:47)
    CO

question;who are the righteous ?? and who are the unrighteous?? according to scriptures.

terraricca

Whats wrong with you terraricca, can't you understand, THERE ARE NO UNRIGHTEOUS ANY MORE, :p.
    Jerry the mighty :angry: has spoken.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

georg

i do not believe that.

chosenone
    Participant

Georg.
    Thanks for the insult.

terraricca.
    Thanks.

To All.
    I would like to ask you all a question, please, be respectfull and give your opinion if you will.

“What, in your opinion, did the death by crucifiction of Jesus, His resurrection, and then His ascention to the Fathers right hand side accomplish”?

God Bless, Jerry.

chosenone
    Participant

To all again.

I forgot to mention also, please give scripture with your explanation if applicable.

Thanks, Jerry.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten So so that whosoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

Some do not believe and still perish.

terraricca
    Participant

CO

“What, in your opinion, did the death by crucifiction of Jesus, His resurrection, and then His ascention to the Fathers right hand side accomplish
    I forgot to mention also, please give scripture with your explanation if applicable.

YOU ASK FOR SCRIPTURES ???
    OPINION ???

DO YOU READ THE SCRIPTURES???

IF YOU DO, HOW COME YOU ASK THAT QUESTION ,WHAT ANYONE ELSE COULD ANSWER AFTER READING THE SCRIPTURES.

WHAT IS IT YOU ARE AFTER ??

WHAT IS YOUR BELIEVE ???

chosenone
    Participant

terraricca.
    If you don't know , just say so.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ Feb. 19 2010,06:05)
    Georg.
      Thanks for the insult.  

terraricca.
      Thanks.

To All.
      I would like to ask you all a question, please, be respectfull and give your opinion if you will.

“What, in your opinion, did the death by crucifiction of Jesus, His resurrection, and then His ascention to the Fathers right hand side accomplish”?

God Bless,  Jerry.

Jerry

You ask for opinion, that means I would have to stop right here; don't you want the truth? what good are opinions? Opinions are substitutes for facts.
    Now, you know that sin deserves death, right?

Rom 6:23   For the wages of sin is death;…

When Adam sinned, not only did he die, but God cursed all mankind with death.

1 Cr 15:21   For since by man came death,…
    1Cr 15:22   For as in Adam all die,…

What would have happened if God had not cursed us with death before we had sinned? it would have meant that each and every one of us had to have a savior, and Jesus, in order to save all of us, would have to die for each and every one of us. This is the only way God could teach the world not only the effect of sin, but the penalty of it too.
    God has much bigger plans then just this little planet, do you think he created the whole universe just to populate this small planet?

Isa 9:7   Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end,…  

How could it continue to increase once this planet is all filled up?

By cursing all mankind with death for one mans sin, God can also remove that curse from all mankind by removing the sin from that one man, Adam. That is what Jesus came for and did.
    Jesus was a spirit being, but he did not come to rescue spirit beings, he came to rescue human beings. Spirit beings can't die, only by God's hand; so Jesus had to become one of us, human.

Hbr 2:16   For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

What are your seed/offspring's? they are human, are they not? that is what is meant by “seed” of Abraham; Jesus was all human, not a mixture of human and spirit.
    Jesus took on himself the sin of Adam, with it the penalty of sin, death. By removing sin and death from Adam, he also removed the curse of death from all of us; but, what all of that means for now is, that after we die, we will be resurrected. God only removed the death curse of Adam from us, so how is he going to deal with all of our sins? not only ours, but all of those that never even heard the name Jesus?

Act 4:12   Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.  

Adam too, has to get to know the man that died for him, he too has to except Jesus as his savior, if he doesn't, he will die again. No difference with us, we all have to except Jesus as “OUR” savior, then God will apply his sacrifice, blood, to us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

God has given mankind a set time to prove to themselves that without his Holy Spirit in us, we are not capable to rule
    ourselves in peace.

Isa 59:8   The way of peace they know not; and there is no judgment in their goings: they have made them crooked paths: whosoever goeth therein shall not know peace.

This allotted time is just about up, God will punish the world for their evil first,

Jer 25:29   For, lo, I begin to bring evil on the city which is called by my name, and should ye be utterly unpunished? Ye shall not be unpunished: for I will call for a sword upon all the inhabitants of the earth, saith the LORD of hosts.  

The city called by his name is Jerusalem, the evil is the third and final tribulation. And should we go unpunished for our evil? we will not.
    It is after all of this, when Christ will begin his reign; it is during his reign, the millennium, that all the dead will be resurrected.

1Cr 15:22   For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  
    Jhn 5:28   Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,  
    Jhn 5:29   And shall come forth;…

After the dead are resurrected, the teaching/judging begins. In the millennium, there will nothing but the truth be taught; it is during this time that all will learn what sin is, and what it causes, death.
    This is what Christ's sacrifice has accomplished, for all to learn the truth, and to obey it and live for ever, or to disobey it and die for ever, second death.

Act 3:23   And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.  

To be seated at the right hand of the Father is not meant literal, it is meant us an honor, highest honor, and then be given Immortality.

Jhn 5:26   For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;  

If I have not been clear enough, please let me know.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

CO

you try to make your own implants and write your own scriptures ,giving your personal opinion as truth

worldly opinions don't make truth,look some other place to get your proselytes.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 19 2010,21:55)
    CO

you try to make your own implants and write your own scriptures ,giving your personal opinion as truth

worldly opinions don't make truth,look some other place to get your proselytes.

terraricca

Words are cheap, whether they come from you or some one else; show me were I'm wrong with your prove.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account