Why is his name jesus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    How do you pray to an impersonal community god?
    Did the one we follow do so?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,12:11)
    Hi TT,

Jesus is the community and He is God. Jesus said that no one can be saved except they worship Him as The Father. That is why as thinker said his name on earth was “God Saves” because he was teaching everyone how to love Him in spirit. If Jesus doesn't save you nick you will not be saved. Jesus is God in the flesh and if you deny God in the flesh you deny God in the spirit. You can't make your own way up nick you must accept the authority of the Pope and take communion otherwise you mock God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EV,
    So you say.
    But scripture does not agree.

Does that matter to you?
    Who is the pope in God's eyes but a rebellious man dressed in fine clothes and living like a king?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,13:19)
    Hi EV,
    So you say.
    But scripture does not agree.

Does that matter to you?
    Who is the pope in God's eyes but a rebellious man dressed in fine clothes and living like a king?

Where is the scripture? Why shouldn't the Pope dress as a King?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Exactly.
    The king is wearing no real clothes.

He is only as important as men make him as he has no authority given him by God.
    But men want to follow human religion and other men and only use scripture to back their ideas.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ July 30 2009,13:12)

Hi TT,

Jesus is the community and He is God. Jesus said that no one can be saved except they worship Him as The Father. That is why as thinker said his name on earth was “God Saves” because he was teaching everyone how to love Him in spirit. If Jesus doesn't save you nick you will not be saved. Jesus is God in the flesh and if you deny God in the flesh you deny God in the spirit. You can't make your own way up nick you must accept the authority of the Pope and take communion otherwise you mock God.

EF,
    I confess that Jesus is God but deny that He is the Father. Yours is just another of the many faces of anti-trinitarianism.

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 30 2009,06:45)

Hi TT,

EF,
    I confess that Jesus is God but deny that He is the Father. Yours is just another of the many faces of anti-trinitarianism.

thinker

Thinker,

Yes! Exactly. I pointed this out on another thread to something EFJ said. I think he means well but says it wrong.

TC27

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 31 2009,04:08)

Hi TT,

EF,

thinker

Thinker,

Yes! Exactly. I pointed this out on another thread to something EFJ said. I think he means well but says it wrong.

TC27

The Pope teaches that the Holy Trinity is made up of 3 distinct personas The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit and yes being that they are one God, Jesus is The Everlasting Father.

God cannot be seperated so the trinity is always active. God is always fully God so Jesus was Fully God and Fully Man. Jesus is the Father and the Son and there connection is spiritual like an umbilical cord.

If Jesus is not the Father than God did not die for our sins because to be fully God includes all of God and not just an aspect of God. If All of God died for your sin that includes all of God unless you don't believe.

If Jesus is not fully God then why say God died for your sins?

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 30 2009,08:08)

Hi TT,

EF,

thinker

Thinker,

TC27

EFJ,

I realize now that we do not at all agree. Jesus is not the Father. They are separate persons. I have to disagree with your view here because you claim that the persons are not separate, which they are.

TC27

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 31 2009,04:41)

Quote (TrinitarianCalvinist27 @ July 30 2009,08:08)

Hi TT,

EF,

thinker

Thinker,

TC27

EFJ,

I realize now that we do not at all agree. Jesus is not the Father. They are separate persons. I have to disagree with your view here because you claim that the persons are not separate, which they are.

TC27

TC27

There all one God and there all one substance so if you cannot pull their substance apart they are fully God. Jesus must be the father other wise you are saying that Jesus and the Father are not one and there is only One God. I know that Jesus is a different personality of God but all those personalities belong to One Body either that or Jesus wasn't Fully God and didn't FullY die for you sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is a scripture site but instead we see the catholic doctrine of trinity in it's many versions being argued about.
    It is not written so it is not relevant.

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2009,05:56)
    Hi,
    This is a scripture site but instead we see the catholic doctrine of trinity in it's many versions being argued about.

Nonsense Nick! To say that the doctrine of the trinity is exclusively Catholic is equivalent to saying that unitarian doctrine is exclusively JW. Come on!

Jesus' name means “Jehovah saves.” It is truly and properly Christ's name because of what He did for us. Come to terms with it.

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 01 2009,02:16)

Hi,

Nonsense Nick! To say that the doctrine of the trinity is exclusively Catholic is equivalent to saying that unitarian doctrine is exclusively JW. Come on!

Jesus' name means “Jehovah saves.” It is truly and properly Christ's name because of what He did for us. Come to terms with it.

thinker

Jehovah Saves means that Jehovah is doing the saving.

Jesus is the arm of His salvation, do you not understand that?

John had a name never given before and it means Jehovah is Gracious, Merciful.

Do you believe that to mean it is John who gives us grace?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 01 2009,05:11)

Hi,

thinker

It was Jesus who was mocked and spit upon and tortured and mutilated and crucified. Jesus did the saving,

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Jesus is called the “Savior.”

thinker

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 01 2009,05:16)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 01 2009,05:11)

Hi,

thinker

It was Jesus who was mocked and spit upon and tortured and mutilated and crucified. Jesus did the saving,

looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,

Jesus is called the “Savior.”

thinker

John was killed to, do you think his death was less meaningful. He had his head chopped off and before that I'm sure he was beaten as well and he had to baptize Jesus so if you remove the importance of John you lose the grace of Jesus

bodhitharta
    Participant

Moses was called the saviour to and so was every other messenger sent to redeem God's people.

Obadiah 1 (King James Version)

21 And saviours shall come up on mount Zion to judge the mount of Esau; and the kingdom shall be the LORD's.

Nehemiah 9
    27 Therefore thou deliveredst them into the hand of their enemies, who vexed them: and in the time of their trouble, when they cried unto thee, thou heardest them from heaven; and according to thy manifold mercies thou gavest them saviours, who saved them out of the hand of their enemies.

Jesus was not the only Saviour, God is the only Saviour but if God is saving through a lifeguard the life guard is also the saviour for it is the Arm of the Lord God

KangarooJack
    Participant

bodhitharta said:

John was killed to, do you think his death was less meaningful. He had his head chopped off and before that I'm sure he was beaten as well and he had to baptize Jesus so if you remove the importance of John you lose the grace of Jesus

Okay so let's re-write Titus 2:13 to fit your view:

…looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great Gods and Saviors Jesus Christ and the apostle John

???

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Trinity is from your catholic roots so you have never really left her.
    Come out of her lest you suffer for her sins

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 01 2009,06:04)

Hi,

thinker

Hi TT,
    Trinity is from your catholic roots so you have never really left her.
    Come out of her lest you suffer for her sins

You are still hanging on to the threads of her clothing.

You should focus on God and stop worshiping His servants they are all wonderful and should not be chosen one above another for it is God that gives them Glory but you are to give all praise to God Alone.

Nick,

You think you are worshiping differently that WJ and thinker but in reality there “Worship” has a better foundation and the reason is they truly believe that Jesus is God so of course with that belief you must worship Jesus.

You on the other hand believe Jesus is a man and worship him. We all know that we should not worship a man so how is your belief greater than theirs?

You say you don't believe in the trinity but you worship a trinity or at least a binity just the same.

Almost every single post you have directed to me was pertaining to your attempt to get me to WORSHIP Jesus. You don't even talk about the Father with such admiration. You are stuck at the door and a worshiper of a Man equal to or above that of God Almighty.

WJ should give you his user name because I believe you worship Jesus more than WJ and thinker combined.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You perhaps have a language problem?
    Jesus is the Son of God.
    Kiss the Son.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account