Why I left the Catholic church

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    Pastry
    Participant

Shimmer, since the Orthodox Churches are similar to the Catholic Church I will not go there….This is also an article about that Church… Whether the Catholic Church is the original Church that Jesus founded, I don;t know, if their claim us true…. We have two Books, one Book that state it was Constantine who founded the Universal Church….Or Roman Catholic Church… The other is called The Two Babylonian….
    It really does not matter to me, since the Bible says the trinity which is taught by most Churches, is wrong….Therefore their claim is to me not true….How can it, since Jesus Himself taught us that His Father is greater then He is… John 14:8… He also said He came down from Heaven to do the will of His Father that send Him…. If Jesus believed what they claim, He would not have said so….Also all Apostles died a cruel dead, except for John who was exiled to the Island of Pet-mus where He wrote the Book of Revelation….If the Catholic Church was founded by Jesus, why did they then persecuted so many Christians and adopted the trinity, it makes no sense…

The liturgical rites of the Eastern Catholic Churches are very similar to, and often identical with the rites used by the Eastern Orthodox and other Eastern Christian Churches that historically developed in areas such as Eastern Europe, Northeastern Africa, and the Middle East, but are no longer in communion with the Bishop of Rome, the Pope. The Eastern Catholic Churches are either groups of faithful that have restored full communion with the Bishop of Rome, while preserving their unique identity as Eastern Christians, or groups with which full communion has never been broken.

The rites used by the Eastern Catholic Churches include the Byzantine rite, in its Antiochian, Greek and Slavonic varieties, the Alexandrian rite, the Syriac rite, the Armenian rite, the Maronite rite, and the Chaldean rite. In the past some of the rites used by the Eastern Catholic Churches were subject to some degree of liturgical Latinisation. However, in recent years Eastern Catholic Churches have returned to traditional Eastern practices in accord with the Vatican II decree, Orientalium Ecclesiarum. Each church has its own liturgical calendar.
    ——————————————————

shimmer
    Participant

Irene, this is what I find interesting about them:

They believe the whole purpose of the Christian life is to attain theosis, the mystical union of man with God.

When you're baptised your given a new name.

They have spiritual guides for when you sin etc.

Marriage is viewed as eternal, relations will not be fleshy, but spiritual.

All of them are encouraged to spend some time living away from the world as a monk or nun.

They dont believe in the fiery toment of hell as others teach, but rather believe that the human race will forever progress towards a deeper and fuller love of God, which equates with eternal happiness, and “hell” is the soul's rejection of God's love which is offered freely and abundantly to everyone.

They dont try and guess what the Book of Revelations is, rather, only a few thoelogians of theirs have delved into it. Those that did were amillenial.

Their church is shaped like the Ark of Noah, and is where people are saved from the flood of temptations.

They don't preach etc at church, everything is sung or chanted.

So,

Interesting.

I know theres things I disagree with with what they do, but its the rest. Is there a perfect church?

Pastry
    Participant

I know theres things I disagree with with what they do, but its the rest. Is there a perfect church?

————–

Hi Shimmer!  That is why we don't attend any Church…..

Bless you, peace and love Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Peace & love Irene.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 15 2011,09:17)
    Peace & love Irene.

Greetings Shimmer: It is always a pleasure to post here as for I have been away most of summer …. Iam glad to see Marc and yourself are still here and Iam glad to be back ….
    With reference to the topic…. let me say that when it comes to the true church we are to look for a tiny group of called out ones that hold to the law,that being the ten commandments ….. Most theocracies today do not do that and the RCC is one of them …. There is no safety in numbers and just because billions believe in a certain way does not make it correct or rightous..

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Oct. 15 2011,22:58)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 15 2011,09:17)
    Peace & love Irene.

Greetings Shimmer: It is always a pleasure to post here as for I have been away most of summer …. Iam glad to see Marc and yourself are still here and Iam glad to be back ….
    With reference to the topic…. let me say that when it comes to the true church we are to look for a tiny group of called out ones that hold to the law,that being the ten commandments ….. Most theocracies today do not do that and the RCC is one of them …. There is no safety in numbers and just because billions believe in a certain way does not make it correct or rightous..

Welcome back…. Your post reminds me o much of what the W.W.Church of God used to believe…
    We thought we had to keep the Sabbath and all Holy Days…. First of all the Sabbath was a Covenant that God made wiith the children of Israel…
    Exd 31:16 Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, [for] a perpetual covenant.

Exd 31:17 It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Paul also tells us that

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Since Christ is the head of the True Church, we are awaiting our head….
    Scripture tells us to worship in Spirit and in Truth….

Peace Irene

shimmer
    Participant

And welcome back Theodore.

Irene,

Exd 31:17   It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Didn't Isreal become both Jew and Gentile? So wouldn't that mean the Sabbath is for Jew and Gentile (Isreal)?

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 16 2011,20:54)

Irene,

Exd 31:17   It [is] a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for [in] six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.

Didn't Isreal become both Jew and Gentile? So wouldn't that mean the Sabbath is for Jew and Gentile (Isreal)?

shimmer! It was a sign for Israel, not Gentiles…and it was a perpetual covenant that God made with them….
    Perpetual means forever… We on the other hand can choose our day to worship God…. That is why Paul tells us this in

Rom 14:5 One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

Rom 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

I don't know of any Scripture that says the Jewish people became like Gentiles…do you???
    Peace and Love Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 16 2011,22:56)

Irene,

shimmer!  It was a sign for Israel, not Gentiles…and it was a perpetual covenant that God made with them….
    Perpetual means forever… We on the other hand can choose our day to worship God…. That is why Paul tells us this in

Rom 14:5   One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day [alike]. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.  

Rom 14:6   He that regardeth the day, regardeth [it] unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard [it]. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.  

I don't know of any Scripture that says the Jewish people became like Gentiles…do you???
    Peace and Love Irene

Greetings Irene …. I hope all is well with yourself and say hello to Georg for me ….. The scriptures you refered to make a very important distinction that must not be ignored and that is that the children of israel consisted of 12 tribes of which 10 of them were banished from the land at the hands of the assyrians they did not become gentiles they were still the children of israel and the covenant is still in effect ….. the history of the region at that time indicates there were two distinct kingdoms that being Israel and Judah in addition many conflicts were recorded between the two…When you read through Pauls writings regarding the sabbath it is important to note that he is not declaring a new sabbath he is refering to the original sabbath and how it applies to those who choose to keep it as opposed to those who choose not to…. He clearly states that the keeping of the sabbath is a personal matter and we are not to judge our fellow man if he chooses not to keep it and the same applies to the holy days as well as the food we choose to eat…

theodorej
    Participant

Irene,

Hi Shimmer ….. Israel, all though they were banished from Gods sight , they still remain the children of israel and can never be considered gentiles…. In addition someday soon their indentity will be revealed to both themselves and the world and God will restore them to their land,that being the country we know as israel…

shimmer
    Participant

Hey Irene & Theodore how you doing?
    This is only brief,  its quite late where I am.

The mark of the beast in Revelations is on the right hand or forehead.

Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever. (Exo. 31:12-17)  

And thou shalt bind them for a sign (mark) upon thine hand, and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes (forehead). (Deut. 6:8 and also in Deut 11:18 and Exo. 13:16)

Is it just coincidence or does it mean we should still be following the Sabbath, IF Isreal is now Jew and Gentile/Samaritan (I'll get more into that another day)….? Because Jesus said not one dot of the law is changed.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account