Why I left the Catholic church

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

Well, I know that one changes and grows, as evidenced in reading all the post I have made over the past year or so. This is the latest change. I have always thought that the church was imperfect, and I would be judged for thinking I was good enough to leave. I have fought with all I had to see the good and leave the bad, even though I knew there were things that I absolutely did not agree with. Well, it was working fine, until I got miffed at Irene for keeping bringing up “the sacrifice of the mass”. I searched it, to find things to show her it wasn't an abomination for me to participate in it. I'd say on “ah ha” scripural moments this has to rank in the top 5 for me. I found that after 46 years of being Catholic, and all the religious ed classes, and comfirmation, and being a sponsor for someone coming into the church, and just before I was to lector for the first time— I found that they believe that they actively participate in Jesus' crucifiction at every mass. They call it a “bloodless sacrifice”. Funny though, they also claim the wine is the actual blood of Christ. doesn't seem bloodless to me. I have left the church, but I still say and pray-like Jesus did when he was being cruicified- Father forgive them, they know not what they do. Why isn't this well known? I can't believe this. I went yesterday to discuss this with my mom and she doesn't believe me, and she has been Catholic longer than me. I cannot in clear concience do this any longer. I wish I could delete the other topic “why I am still Catholic” People problibly think I'm schophrinic. It's been a strange ride my friends. Pray for me.Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

This is what I read that shook me to my foundations.

“Understanding will “tell” you where you are – but faith will take you beyond the appearances, to the the realities beneath them. The change that will come will occur within you – not in the appearances of things about you.

You will have changed.

But as we had also said, before any of this occurs, you must first understand what is happening before you – and it is this, and nothing less than this:

Jesus Christ is being crucified before you. He is on the Cross!  And you are witnessing it. You are even taking part in it!

It is not another Sacrifice, but the same Sacrifice that He enacted 2000 years ago. It is not a “re-enactment” much as great battles are re-enacted for theatrical effect. It is an “enactment”, the “same” enactment, re-presented to us (not represented to us, but “re-presented”) to us … enacted again while not being a second or another sacrifice. It is the same Sacrifice, with one exception: it is unbloody … just as it was unbloody when He gathered His Apostles around Him at the very first Mass on the night He was betrayed and before He was crucified:

I still am “mind-blown”. I am now trying to decide how public I am going to make my exit. Knowing me it will be VERY public. I resent this so much. Again, pray for me, really hard and fervantly, I need it.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 20 2011,12:32)
    Well, I know that one changes and grows, as evidenced in reading all the post I have made over the past year or so. This is the latest change. I have always thought that the church was imperfect, and I would be judged for thinking I was good enough to leave. I have fought with all I had to see the good and leave the bad, even though I knew there were things that I absolutely did not agree with. Well, it was working fine, until I got miffed at Irene for keeping bringing up “the sacrifice of the mass”. I searched it, to find things to show her it wasn't an abomination for me to participate in it. I'd say on “ah ha” scripural moments this has to rank in the top 5 for me. I found that after 46 years of being Catholic, and all the religious ed classes, and comfirmation, and being a sponsor for someone coming into the church, and just before I was to lector for the first time— I found that they believe that they actively participate in Jesus' crucifiction at every mass. They call it a “bloodless sacrifice”. Funny though, they also claim the wine is the actual blood of Christ. doesn't seem bloodless to me. I have left the church, but I still say and pray-like Jesus did when he was being cruicified- Father forgive them, they know not what they do. Why isn't this well known? I can't believe this. I went yesterday to discuss this with my mom and she doesn't believe me, and she has been Catholic longer than me. I cannot in clear concience do this any longer. I wish I could delete the other topic “why I am still Catholic” People problibly think I'm schophrinic. It's been a strange ride my friends. Pray for me.Peace-Mark

Mark

may God help you on the way to his church of truth ,and worship him in spirit and truth,

love you dearly my friend and stay beside you all of the way,

what as been said by you will certainly no longer stand against you now ,the truth grows in you and i pray that it will continue to grow so that it fills all your being .

bless you and your family

your friend Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Thanks Pierre. Godbless-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

After thinking about it for a few days, this is what I am going to do. First, send a registered letter to my bishop, stating that if he ignores it it will still be an answer. It will state “Is it true that we as Catholics participate in Jesus' actual crucifiction at every mass ?” Then when I get my answer (or not) I will send this article and my commentary to everyone I know, plus the church registry, plus all the priest I can get addresses for. I can't believe that all Catholics are aware that they unknowingly crucify Jesus and the church calls it a “bloodless” recreation of Calvary, yet state that the wine is the actual blood of Chirst. I want answers. I will be heard. I am sick of the contradictions and twisting. The truth will come out even if it kills me, and I would be honored if it did.

mikeangel
    Participant
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 22 2011,05:46)
    After thinking about it for a few days, this is what I am going to do. First, send a registered letter to my bishop, stating that if he ignores it it will still be an answer. It will state “Is it true that we as Catholics participate in Jesus' actual crucifiction at every mass ?” Then when I get my answer (or not) I will send this article and my commentary to everyone I know, plus the church registry, plus all the priest I can get addresses for. I can't believe that all Catholics are aware that they unknowingly crucify Jesus and the church calls it a “bloodless” recreation of Calvary, yet state that the wine is the actual blood of Chirst. I want answers. I will be heard. I am sick of the contradictions and twisting. The truth will come out even if it kills me, and I would be honored if it did.

Mark

just remember it is not any of US that bring our hearts to Jesus but it is the love FOR God in US ,so it does not matter what you do if God does not call them they will be blind and deaf

but you are free to create your own problems

Pierre

Participant

Mark:

I am very happy to hear that you have learned the truth relative to “Transubstatiation”, and that you have decided not to participate in this ritual any longer.

I understand your desire to share what you have learned with other Catholics, but unless someone is willing to hear what you have to say, you will be wasting your time.

It is my opinion that you should try to reach those in authority in the church telling them why you have decided to leave.

Maybe, a book regarding this would catch the attention of some Catholic people.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeangel
    Participant

Marty,

Thank you so much for your input. Funny you wrote that. My wife said the same thing. She said to write a book. Also, in looking into this, I have become very aware of things I had no idea about. I'm learning more about Luther, Calvin, and others, and am not trying to be them, but am aware of the struggles they went through and why.

As far as wasting my time, you are right. My first incounter is my mom. She refused what I discovered. The official belief in what actually happens in the mass is so confusing that it is almost impossible to pick the truth out of it. I did, hopefully by the guidance of the holy spirit, simplify it down to one question to her,”Mom, if we get in front of a priest, and I ask him if we spiritually crucify Jesus at every mass, and he said yes, would you tell me that it is ok?”  She said no, and now we are making an appointment with a priest so she can hear it out of “the horses mouth”. Please pray for me and her. This is both exciting and scary at the same time, but, I feel the spirit energizeing me in ways I haven't ever felt, and it feels sooooo good. Love and peace and prayers to you, Mark

Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 23 2011,00:11)
    Marty,

Thank you so much for your input. Funny you wrote that. My wife said the same thing. She said to write a book. Also, in looking into this, I have become very aware of things I had no idea about. I'm learning more about Luther, Calvin, and others, and am not trying to be them, but am aware of the struggles they went through and why.

As far as wasting my time, you are right. My first incounter is my mom. She refused what I discovered. The official belief in what actually happens in the mass is so confusing that it is almost impossible to pick the truth out of it. I did, hopefully by the guidance of the holy spirit, simplify it down to one question to her,”Mom, if we get in front of a priest, and I ask him if we spiritually crucify Jesus at every mass, and he said yes, would you tell me that it is ok?”  She said no, and now we are making an appointment with a priest so she can hear it out of “the horses mouth”. Please pray for me and her. This is both exciting and scary at the same time, but, I feel the spirit energizeing me in ways I haven't ever felt, and it feels sooooo good. Love and peace and prayers to you, Mark

Mark, If we are going to serve God, we cannot compromise his Word. I know that it is scary, and it would be easier just to go along with the flow, but no, God cannot trust us if we cannot trust Him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

mikeangel
    Participant

I was contacted by the writing Company. They quoted me 10 to 15,000$ for a typical 60000 word book. I can't write a book, I am a contractor. Pray I find the way to do this, I am.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ June 23 2011,01:20)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 23 2011,00:11)
    Marty,

Mark, If we are going to serve God, we cannot compromise his Word.  I know that it is scary, and it would be easier just to go along with the flow, but no, God cannot trust us if we cannot trust Him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Greetings Mike …. The best way to appreciate the writings and actions of the likes of Luther and Calvin is step back and examine what they espouse….. Luthers' issues were primarely with the papacy and the selling of indulgences while Calvins focus was on the fundamentals of the bible….No matter what you read or study, both of these individuals still hold to the romans churchs' decrees' at nicea….Sunday worship,christmas ,easter and a host of other doctrines that have their roots in the universal church…

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 21 2011,22:46)

Mark! I am so happy for you, that God opened your mind to the truth. The Mass is the abomination talked about in Rev. When you leave, keep in mind that even your closes friends in the Church will be shocked. They might even not be your friends any longer. But what does the Bible say:” If you love Mother, Father, Brother or Sister more then ME, you are not worthy of ME.”
    Also don't be surprised that the Catholic Bishop, Priests and other members will not agree with you……

Peace and Love Irene

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 23 2011,22:35)
    I was contacted by the writing Company. They quoted me 10 to 15,000$ for a typical 60000 word book. I can't write a book, I am a contractor. Pray I find the way to do this, I am.

Greetings Mike …..What were they going to do for 15k….Were they going to write the book for you,or were they going to edit it and publish it….Given the technology available today …. to publish written material is not that expensive …. if you are in search of recognition as well as ISBN registration then 15k is just the beginning…. On the other hand if your book is marketable most publishing houses will bare the expense and pay royalties….

theodorej
    Participant

Mike ….. Books about the RCC are common place in the literary world…One of the most interesting one I have ever read was by Loftus and a fellow author whose name escapes me now…Loftus was a member of the inteligence community starting back with naval inteligence and evolving into the OSS…Office of Secret Service….His book was titled “The Unholy Trinity”….this book was factual in nature and true to the events of the day…It is an expose on the Catholic Churchs' involvement with the Nazi leadership that sought to avoid prosecution for war crimes and in doing so the RCC along with the OSS furnished these individuals false documents of identication so as to facilitate their escape…During WWII this was known as the Ratline….True story…very contravercial…good read…

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ June 24 2011,04:59)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 23 2011,22:35)

Greetings Mike …..What were they going to do for 15k….Were they going to write the book for you,or were they going to edit it and publish it….Given the technology available today …. to publish written material is not that expensive …. if you are in search of recognition as well as ISBN registration then 15k is just the beginning…. On the other hand if your book is marketable most publishing houses will bare the expense and pay royalties….

Hey Theo

They said that they would write it for me, and that it was a basic price, dependant on how organized my details were. They also said that if they had to organize it, or do interviews, or keep interviewing me the price goes up from there. They did,, however, say that they had someone that would be very knowledgeable in the bible and would be geared to writeing  a religious book. I would want no royalties, and stay unknown. I have decided to do a survey first, asking a simple question to Catholics “Are you aware that you are participating in Golgatha as the central part of the mass?” I do know that I am, like other discoverys in my spiritual life, just reacting in shock. Like you said, there are many books on the RCC, and no one listened to them. My first priority is my family. I will start with them. My sister is very Christ centered like me, and I am waiting for a oppotunity to talk to her about this and see what she has to reply. In the past she has told me not to look for perfection in this world, and think like a christian pilgrim in an  evil place, but to me, like you say”IMHO”, this crosses the line. Peace friend. Love Merk

mikeangel
    Participant

Jesus loves you. :)

mikeangel
    Participant

Jesus loves you :)

mikeangel
    Participant

Jesus is Lord :)

mikeangel
    Participant

God has told me to quit complaining. He gets enough of that .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account