Why i am still catholic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Mark

the reason why you are still a catholic ,is because you have not come to the understanding of Gods will

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 17 2011,04:13)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 17 2011,06:25)
    Pierre,

I do not preach in my church. I also do not base my salvation on my church. My salvation comes from Jesus,period. Also to Irene. I am not saying I promote what they believe as a denomination. I also do not agree with the idea that I am guilty of thier mistakes because I attend thier. Thats like saying that we who live in the US are guilty of the worship of idolatry because we live here, and do not protest the idols like the Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial, etc. They contradict scripture too, yet we accept thier existance and do not protest it. Are we guilty? At least I have protested what I believe is wrong in my church. Jesus did too. Was he guilty of sin for the human precepts being practiced because he participated? Did he tell the deciples to leave? Are you wiser than him? No offense.

Now, Pierre, you apparently have nothing to offer in how you correctly worship God, because you refuse to answer my question. Apparently you have no examples of any kind of worship. Read Isaiah. It tells you some basic things God wants from his followers. Feeding the poor (yourself) visiting the sick and imprisoned, releasing thos bound unjustly, helping the orphans and widows etc., Also the things Jesus asked us to do. Love others, (even those who don't agree with you) Communion (do this in memory of me etc..  And even if you rationalize it away, it still doesn't take it away. All I'm saying is if all that you do is get on places like this and tell others thier faults and condemn them, you are as bad as the pharasees. You got nothing on them. They spent thier whole lives studying the law. They, like you, prided themselves on adhereance to it, and condemned even Jesus and his deciples for not following it, much like you seem to do, yet had no real and genuine love in thier hearts, only pride in thier knowledge of the law. Thank God he is my Judge and knows whats in my heart. Love Pierre. tenderness, compassion. God loves these things. Judgements, condemnation, arrogance, pride-these are the things he doesn't think too highly of. Have a nice day Pierre. Love-Mark

Mark

you are not understanding what i have said to you ,it seems that you are angry ,go trough my quotes slowly and you will see that i explain it quite clearly what as to be done and with scriptures to back it up,

do not try to hide by calling me ignorant,

Pierre

I am sorry Pierre if you thought I called you ignorant. I looked through the last 10 post or so and I could not find where I did, or even implicated it. But I am sorry you took it that way. All I am saying is you haven't told me what I sincerely asked you as an honest question,”How do you worship God”, how has pierre expressed love and tenderness? I am so sorry, it seemed a simple enough and non-offensive question or two to me, I was wrong. Hope you are well, blessed, and loved-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 17 2011,12:06)
    Mark

the reason why you are still a catholic ,is because you have not come to the understanding of Gods will

Pierre

Some might think the way to handle a differance is to leave an imperfect church, and go to an imperfect church, or sit home and do nothing but complain and critisize. Some choose to stay and fight wrong. I choose to fight., That is what Jesus did, he is my role model. Peace

mikeangel
    Participant

Irene,

I have to tell someone when they are right. And you are mostly right about the rcc. I looked up some things you mentioned to get a better view, and like I have experienced in the past, I am in shock at some of the things I read. I have a new vigor in my struggle. I mean this sincerely, Thanks.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 18 2011,05:39)

Quote (terraricca @ June 17 2011,04:13)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 17 2011,06:25)
    Pierre,

I do not preach in my church. I also do not base my salvation on my church. My salvation comes from Jesus,period. Also to Irene. I am not saying I promote what they believe as a denomination. I also do not agree with the idea that I am guilty of thier mistakes because I attend thier. Thats like saying that we who live in the US are guilty of the worship of idolatry because we live here, and do not protest the idols like the Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial, etc. They contradict scripture too, yet we accept thier existance and do not protest it. Are we guilty? At least I have protested what I believe is wrong in my church. Jesus did too. Was he guilty of sin for the human precepts being practiced because he participated? Did he tell the deciples to leave? Are you wiser than him? No offense.

Now, Pierre, you apparently have nothing to offer in how you correctly worship God, because you refuse to answer my question. Apparently you have no examples of any kind of worship. Read Isaiah. It tells you some basic things God wants from his followers. Feeding the poor (yourself) visiting the sick and imprisoned, releasing thos bound unjustly, helping the orphans and widows etc., Also the things Jesus asked us to do. Love others, (even those who don't agree with you) Communion (do this in memory of me etc..  And even if you rationalize it away, it still doesn't take it away. All I'm saying is if all that you do is get on places like this and tell others thier faults and condemn them, you are as bad as the pharasees. You got nothing on them. They spent thier whole lives studying the law. They, like you, prided themselves on adhereance to it, and condemned even Jesus and his deciples for not following it, much like you seem to do, yet had no real and genuine love in thier hearts, only pride in thier knowledge of the law. Thank God he is my Judge and knows whats in my heart. Love Pierre. tenderness, compassion. God loves these things. Judgements, condemnation, arrogance, pride-these are the things he doesn't think too highly of. Have a nice day Pierre. Love-Mark

Mark

you are not understanding what i have said to you ,it seems that you are angry ,go trough my quotes slowly and you will see that i explain it quite clearly what as to be done and with scriptures to back it up,

do not try to hide by calling me ignorant,

Pierre

I am sorry Pierre if you thought I called you ignorant. I looked through the last 10 post or so and I could not find where I did, or even implicated it. But I am sorry you took it that way. All I am saying is you haven't told me what I sincerely asked you as an honest question,”How do you worship God”, how has pierre expressed love and tenderness? I am so sorry, it seemed a simple enough and non-offensive question or two to me, I was wrong. Hope you are well, blessed, and loved-Mark

Mark

what I do for my God and father is mine to do,not to show of in it

God as placed different things in our pad of live and we have to make the choices to do things the way he want it ,
    looking after your own kids,and wife,take care after your father and mother and in-laws if they are in need,and then if you still have free time and money help those you know that need help and do so within your ability.

but you cannot sacrifice your kids for strangers or for other direct family,and what ever you do ,do it for God not for showing of.
    I am 71 year old I can not do what a 30 year old can do ,my kids are older and some still need my help so i am limited but the rule as not change to do all for Gods glory.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 18 2011,05:43)

Mark

Pierre

Some might think the way to handle a differance is to leave an imperfect church, and go to an imperfect church, or sit home and do nothing but complain and critisize. Some choose to stay and fight wrong. I choose to fight., That is what Jesus did, he is my role model. Peace

Mark

read your bible again ,and tell me which of the churches did Christ join?? there at least 7 sect in his time .

to my understanding he did not join any ,the reason is what truth as in common with lies,NOTHING

so all his disciples follow him and start what came to called THE WAY'

check it out

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Pierre,
     Read your Bible. Jesus when he was alive only participated in the Jewish Temple, he was not involved with any other denomination until after he died. The gospel details his actions in and around the temple, including his participation in it, and his disputes with the pharasees and scribes and leadership.  John wrote Revalation in exile on the island Patmos, after Jesus' death and the seven churches were christian churches formed after pentacost. Peace

PS> Thank you for answering my question. Love for family and charity you do is worshiping God. It tess me you are a “doer” and not just a “sayer”. I wish you were a little nicer sometimes but nobodys perfect but Jesus. Peace my friend. Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

It is with heavy heart that I make this post. After investigating some of the things that Irene told me and finding them to be true, I cannot in clear concience attend another mass. I found that the rcc actually believes that they re-crucify Jesus every mass. I was directed to read Hebrews, where I read that one sacrifice atoned for my sins, not many.  I cannot do that one more time. It blows my mind to think that I , without knowing it, participated in his crucifiction thousands of times. I asked Jesus to forgive me, and it also blows my mind that I know he did. Please pray for me, as this is a difficult time of my life. I want to practice what I preach and still publicly worship God, but every church I investigate does not adhere to what I consider true worship and doctrine. I am considering becoming a minister. Pray for God to guide me. Peace-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

IMHO, the bread and wine were already Jesus. In the beginning of John, it states

10He was in the world, and the world came into being through him; yet the world did not know him.

If the world came to being through him, the bread and wine was him. Wine then was a neccesity, water was unfit to drink. It was very low in alcohol, because without sugar and added yeast it remained low in alcohol. Wheat was necessary for life. In famine when there was no wheat, you starved to death. Both of these were both necessary for life, and were Jesus. Much as Jesus is necessary for eternal life, I believe thats why he used them for the symbolism. The church capitalised on the communion to get a monopoly on grace, in that the “hokis pokis?” performed over them during the “sacrifice of the mass” made them the body and blood of christ. Funny that I found out that thats exactly where that term came from. It originally ment the mystical changing of the bread and wine into his literal body and blood during mass. Detractors called it “hocus pokus”.  I agree with them. It already was him, because he is in everything.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 18 2011,04:58)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 18 2011,05:43)

Mark

Pierre

Mark

read your bible again ,and tell me which of the churches did Christ join?? there at least 7 sect in his time .

to my understanding he did not join any ,the reason is what truth as in common with lies,NOTHING

so all his disciples follow him and start what came to called THE WAY'

check it out

Pierre

Also Pierre,

In Revalations, 2:9, He tells the church in Smyrna “I know of your tribulation and poverty, even though you are rich” I believe thats a compliment to them. If Jesus says you are rich you are in good shape.to Philadelphia, he says “Because you have kept my plea to stand fast, I will keep you safe in the time of trial which is coming on the whole earth”. That sounds to me like a good report from Jesus.

Now he wasn't very happy with some of them. To Sardis “I know the reputation you have of being alive, when in fact you are dead! Wake up”  

Point being, some are good, some are not. Even going through what I am, I still give them (the rcc) the prayer Jesus did “Father forgive them, they know not what they do” I wish you would quit condemning Pierre. Its not befitting a true Christian. Peace

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 19 2011,07:17)
    Pierre,
     Read your Bible. Jesus when he was alive only participated in the Jewish Temple, he was not involved with any other denomination until after he died. The gospel details his actions in and around the temple, including his participation in it, and his disputes with the pharasees and scribes and leadership.  John wrote Revalation in exile on the island Patmos, after Jesus' death and the seven churches were christian churches formed after pentacost. Peace

PS> Thank you for answering my question. Love for family and charity you do is worshiping God. It tess me you are a “doer” and not just a “sayer”. I wish you were a little nicer sometimes but nobodys perfect but Jesus. Peace my friend. Mark

Mark

you still did not see it ,the temple was not the religion but Gods temple = the word of God

the law was in effect at the time of Jesus ,but the sect are the groups with there own views on to the scriptures.

and Jesus did not join any of them ,even shows that even the temple his or will be not the place to worship God ;
    Jn 4:21 Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem.
    Jn 4:22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews.
    Jn 4:23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.
    Jn 4:24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.”

so it is your love for Gods truth that will bring you the true way to worship him the way he like to be worshiped.

your friend Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

Also Pierre,

In Revalations, 2:9, He tells the church in Smyrna “I know of your tribulation and poverty, even though you are rich” I believe thats a compliment to them. If Jesus says you are rich you are in good shape.to Philadelphia, he says “Because you have kept my plea to stand fast, I will keep you safe in the time of trial which is coming on the whole earth”. That sounds to me like a good report from Jesus.

Now he wasn't very happy with some of them. To Sardis “I know the reputation you have of being alive, when in fact you are dead! Wake up”

Point being, some are good, some are not. Even going through what I am, I still give them (the rcc) the prayer Jesus did “Father forgive them, they know not what they do” I wish you would quit condemning Pierre. Its not befitting a true Christian. Peace

we are the churches ,which one do you fit in ,this is the question ,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

it is impossible to be a true believer in God truth and do nothing ,the truth in you will make you act trust me i know.

God bless you mark and your family

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2011,04:09)
    Mark

Also Pierre,

we are the churches ,which one do you fit in ,this is the question ,

Pierre

Today I only belong to the mystical body of Christ, which is the spirit of God that dwells in all believers. I left the Catholic church. Tomorrow was going to be my first time lectoring, and I called Friday and told them to replace me and remove me from the list. I am not orphaned, because I have Jesus spirit, but I am lonely, and will start looking at other places to go and worship. I went to my Uncle Daves funeral, and he belonged to Church of God International, and I liked what the pastor had to say and I agreed with it. They also celebrate the feast of tabernacles. I'll see. Tomorrow I will just do what I usually do downtown at the homeless breakfast and consider that my worship. Peace Pierre, pray for me.Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Oh and God bless you and your family too. :)

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 19 2011,14:48)
    Oh and God bless you and your family too. :)

Mark

I will, like I always do,this is a step ,many of us have taken ,and remember I be there for you if I can help you with your understanding ,talking exchange ,you can PM me and it will be private or open forum.

Pierre

Viewing 16 posts - 61 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account