Why i am still catholic

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

OK Pierre, You won't answer the question, but your reply is an answer. IMHO you miss Jesus' point. He said to love EVERYONE, even your enemys. I am not your enemy, and still after all that, you don't express any love, just contradictions. You say you love others who think and follow the law like you do. Do you have an example? Do you worship with them? Do you worship at all? Will you avoid this also? Do you love me? Love and prayers-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Also Pierre, you asked “Why would you beg God?”. It comes from a passage it the Gospel-

Luke 18:1-8

[18:1] Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. [2] He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. [3] And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

[4] “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, [5] yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' ”

[6] And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. [7] And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? [8] I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Every time I see something horrible or hear about it in the news, or am hurt by someone, or when I get up in the morning, I beg God to come and rule and bring Justice to end the suffering and defeat the devil. I hope this makes sense. Peace-Mark

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

OK Pierre, You won't answer the question, but your reply is an answer. IMHO you miss Jesus' point. He said to love EVERYONE, even your enemys

Mt 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.
    Mt 5:45 that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Mt 6:1 “Be careful not to do your ‘acts of righteousness’ before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven.
    Mt 6:4 so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    Mt 6:6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    Mt 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Mt 6:15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
    see Mark we all can forgive sin to our fellow men including our enemies who have sin against us,

I am not sure you understand this scriptures,and I have answer your questions but you may not have understood it.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

Also Pierre, you asked “Why would you beg God?”. It comes from a passage it the Gospel-

Mt 6:18 so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
    Mt 7:11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!
    Mt 10:20 for it will not be you speaking, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you.
    Mt 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny ? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father.(UNDERSTAND THIS)

Lk 6:36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful

Lk 11:13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit (understanding of Gods will)to those who ask him!”

Jn 8:42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love(what kind of love is this? ) me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me.
    Mt 6:8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.(WE ASK BECAUSE WE LOVE GOD OUR FATHER AND SO KEEP A DEEP RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM)

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Apparently you have one thing to respond with, and that is quoting scriptures, and thanks, but I have a Bible of my own and read it regularly, and you need to give me examples of how you put those scriptures into practice, not just quote them. You will not be disqualified from reward for “preforming acts for others to see” because on this forum, nobody knows you personally. One could say anything they want to, truth or not. You also didn't answer one hard qusetion for you apparently,” do you love me( no matter how I worship God)” Is it that you can't mention one thing you do? What else am I to think? Are you a “Lord, Lord person? Peace, Mark.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 14 2011,23:03)

Luke 18:1-8

[18:1] Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. [2] He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared about men. [3] And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, 'Grant me justice against my adversary.'

[4] “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, 'Even though I don't fear God or care about men, [5] yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won't eventually wear me out with her coming!' ”

[6] And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. [7] And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? [8] I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”

Every time I see something horrible or hear about it in the news, or am hurt by someone, or when I get up in the morning, I beg God to come and rule and bring Justice to end the suffering and defeat the devil. I hope this makes sense. Peace-Mark

Pierre, do you understand why I beg God now? We wouldn't be having this conversation if he did. We would be feasting and rejoceing and danceing and loving God and each other. Does that sound good to you?

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

Apparently you have one thing to respond with, and that is quoting scriptures, and thanks, but I have a Bible of my own and read it regularly, and you need to give me examples of how you put those scriptures into practice, not just quote them. You will not be disqualified from reward for “preforming acts for others to see” because on this forum, nobody knows you personally. One could say anything they want to, truth or not. You also didn't answer one hard qusetion for you apparently,” do you love me( no matter how I worship God)” Is it that you can't mention one thing you do? What else am I to think? Are you a “Lord, Lord person? Peace, Mark.

I love all men because they are a creation of God ,but not all are my brothers because of the Gospel of truth ,do you understand this ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

what you see most of us also see ,and we get hurt the same way as you,I do forgive instantly because i do not like the pain take his power over me,as for the misery in the world i have answer you already so you know what i think on it .

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

Pierre, do you understand why I beg God now? We wouldn't be having this conversation if he did. We would be feasting and rejoceing and danceing and loving God and each other. Does that sound good to you?

all those things can only be possible in the truth of God and in unity with Christ and his kingdom.and i am sad that there is so much that still dividing us in the truth.

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

Apparently you have one thing to respond with, and that is quoting scriptures, and thanks, but I have a Bible of my own and read it regularly, and you need to give me examples of how you put those scriptures into practice, not just quote them.

Gods will, is speaking trough his word (scriptures)and if we have our heart and mind set to do what he wants not our will but his without condition God will reveal his understanding to us ,

many people have bible and read it daily but nothing is changing in there lives,reading is NOT obey to it and subdue to it so that it can enter in you and become one with you and Gods will.

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Absolutely Pierre. Reading or quoteing doesn't mean you love Christ and others. I wish you could give me an example of how you actually do that though. Or how you worship. I think you are avoiding the question, so I will leave it at that. My point was and is, throwing critical statements at people about Gods commandments or ways is not storing up heavenly treasure, spreading love and worshiping God does IMHO (in my humble opinion). Peace Pierre-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

And if I understood your answer to my question, which was “Do you love me?” you answered you loved all men as a creation of God, like the dogs and snakes and trees, etc. , but I am not your brother because I don't agree with all of your opinions, Am I right? You don't think I have any truth?

Pierre-“I love all men because they are a creation of God ,but not all are my brothers because of the Gospel of truth ,do you understand this ?”

Pastry
    Participant

Hi Mark!  Having to face a possible Death with my reasoned Operation at age 72, has put a much different understanding of who God would have favor in and who doesn't.  When I know somethings are so wrong with a Church, and even though I tried to tell them and they don't listen, and then stay?  What does that show God?  Does it not say to Him, well I love people more then you?  Even though God is love and in love we should worship Him, but Mark what does He say in the inspired word of God in your Bible?  First prove all things.  Then Jesus says”: You said I have done, this, or that, but I never knew you.”  
    The Catholic Church does not only believe in the trinity, but also the Mass is an abomination, to God, he Bible talks about….. And this is what Math. says..

Mat 15:9   But in vain they do worship me, teaching [for] doctrines the commandments of men.  

Think about it, all the Catholic Church doctrine are of men, and not of God.
    I would not write this to you if I didn't care, just think about it.   You are getting deeper and deeper into with your promotion etc.
    Peace be with you Irene

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 16 2011,06:09)
    And if I understood your answer to my question, which was “Do you love me?” you answered you loved all men as a creation of God, like the dogs and snakes and trees, etc. , but I am not your brother because I don't agree with all of your opinions, Am I right? You don't think I have any truth?

Pierre-“I love all men because they are a creation of God ,but not all are my brothers because of the Gospel of truth ,do you understand this ?”

Mark

why is it that you just take my answer and trow it to my face ,and ad what i have not said or think,

this is the difference i guess when truth is not found in your heart,

you try to show me that the gospel you preach in your church is the same than the one in scriptures ?

not so my friend,

Pierre

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 12 2011,02:54)
    One more thing Theo- I do like the cross for a few reasons. For whatever reason it has become the universal symbol for being christian. When a muslim or anybody else sees it they know exactly what it means, and I like that and what it stands for. Also, in the 8th and 9th chapter of Ezekiel, God explains what abominations they are doing, and what he's going to do about it. He calls a man with a writing case at his waist, and tells him to go through Jerusalem (maybe meaning the world) and mark those to be spared . In the original manuscript it was stated he marked them with a “Taw”, which in the ancient Hebrew alphabet was literally a cross. They were saved by the cross, much like we will be saved by what the cross stands for, which is the perfect sacrifice our Lord made on calvary to save us. I wish Israel made the connection. Peace

Greetings Mark .. The symbolism that cross represents is that of a style of execution which speaks to the finality of death,however,we all know that Jesus is not dead but is in fact the first born of the dead as part of the perfect plan that the eternal has for each and every one of us….If the roman employed the guitine as a means of execution would we be wearing little guitines around our neck….The symbolism in the scripture is replete with ambiguity,for example…in the end times there will those that will bear a mark of the beast on their hand or forhead….This speaks to having the ability to work or be restricted to work as well as a mindset one might have with respect to the laws of God pertaining to such things as the sabbath….These are not physical marks….One of the reasons the Jews are so visible today as they were in the past is because of their adherence to the law that was given to them in the beginning…The sabbath is one of those commandments it is in their head (eg.mark on the forhead) the other is the command to do no servile work on the sabbath…(eg. the hand sybolizes labor)…The called out ones will be prosecuted for not conforming with the coming regiment set up by the beast…

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Marc….. Iam not concerned with Iran…. This nation will be dealt with mightly and in the process Israel will endure much suffering it will survive there will be a remnant left just as years ago…The European combine ( EU ) will oblitherate Iran with a blitzcreig style attack….The Bible speaks to the fact that these lands in the middle east will be desolete at the time of christs return…

terraricca
    Participant

Mark

are you reading the bible but only pay attention to what is good for you and can be accepted by your behavior,

My point was and is, throwing critical statements at people about Gods commandments or ways is not storing up heavenly treasure, spreading love and worshiping God does IMHO (in my humble opinion). Peace Pierre-Mark

Jas 1:2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds,
    Jas 1:3 because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
    Jas 1:4 Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
    Jas 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
    Jas 1:6 But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.
    Jas 1:7 That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord;

those are not my words ,when i quote you scriptures it is to help you to grow in maturity but i can not do it for you ,the truth has to be taking in by you if you want to please God ,please to not please me but you can join me so we both can please God in truth.

Pierre

mikeangel
    Participant

Pierre,

I do not preach in my church. I also do not base my salvation on my church. My salvation comes from Jesus,period. Also to Irene. I am not saying I promote what they believe as a denomination. I also do not agree with the idea that I am guilty of thier mistakes because I attend thier. Thats like saying that we who live in the US are guilty of the worship of idolatry because we live here, and do not protest the idols like the Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial, etc. They contradict scripture too, yet we accept thier existance and do not protest it. Are we guilty? At least I have protested what I believe is wrong in my church. Jesus did too. Was he guilty of sin for the human precepts being practiced because he participated? Did he tell the deciples to leave? Are you wiser than him? No offense.

Now, Pierre, you apparently have nothing to offer in how you correctly worship God, because you refuse to answer my question. Apparently you have no examples of any kind of worship. Read Isaiah. It tells you some basic things God wants from his followers. Feeding the poor (yourself) visiting the sick and imprisoned, releasing thos bound unjustly, helping the orphans and widows etc., Also the things Jesus asked us to do. Love others, (even those who don't agree with you) Communion (do this in memory of me etc..  And even if you rationalize it away, it still doesn't take it away. All I'm saying is if all that you do is get on places like this and tell others thier faults and condemn them, you are as bad as the pharasees. You got nothing on them. They spent thier whole lives studying the law. They, like you, prided themselves on adhereance to it, and condemned even Jesus and his deciples for not following it, much like you seem to do, yet had no real and genuine love in thier hearts, only pride in thier knowledge of the law. Thank God he is my Judge and knows whats in my heart. Love Pierre. tenderness, compassion. God loves these things. Judgements, condemnation, arrogance, pride-these are the things he doesn't think too highly of. Have a nice day Pierre. Love-Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ June 16 2011,03:48)

Quote (mikeangel @ June 12 2011,02:54)
    One more thing Theo- I do like the cross for a few reasons. For whatever reason it has become the universal symbol for being christian. When a muslim or anybody else sees it they know exactly what it means, and I like that and what it stands for. Also, in the 8th and 9th chapter of Ezekiel, God explains what abominations they are doing, and what he's going to do about it. He calls a man with a writing case at his waist, and tells him to go through Jerusalem (maybe meaning the world) and mark those to be spared . In the original manuscript it was stated he marked them with a “Taw”, which in the ancient Hebrew alphabet was literally a cross. They were saved by the cross, much like we will be saved by what the cross stands for, which is the perfect sacrifice our Lord made on calvary to save us. I wish Israel made the connection. Peace

Greetings Mark .. The symbolism that cross represents is that of a style of execution which speaks to the finality of death,however,we all know that Jesus is not dead but is in fact the first born of the dead as part of the perfect plan that the eternal has for each and every one of us….If the roman employed the guitine as a means of execution would we be wearing little guitines around our neck….The symbolism in the scripture is replete with ambiguity,for example…in the end times there will those that will bear a mark of the beast on their hand or forhead….This speaks to having the ability to work or be restricted to work as well as a mindset one might have with respect to the laws of God pertaining to such things as the sabbath….These are not physical marks….One of the reasons the Jews are so visible today as they were in the past is because of their adherence to the law that was given to them in the beginning…The sabbath is one of those commandments it is in their head (eg.mark on the forhead) the other is the command to do no servile work on the sabbath…(eg. the hand sybolizes labor)…The called out ones will be prosecuted for not conforming with the coming regiment set up by the beast…

Hey Theo,
    I agree with you that the cross as a object of worship is wrong, even if it has Jesus on it. I don't know for sure, but Nebacunnessar? in daniel could symbolise the pope. “when you dear music fall down and worship, or go to hell (firey furnace) Who knows. I don't worship it, but I love what it stands for. Peace-Mark

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ June 17 2011,06:25)
    Pierre,

I do not preach in my church. I also do not base my salvation on my church. My salvation comes from Jesus,period. Also to Irene. I am not saying I promote what they believe as a denomination. I also do not agree with the idea that I am guilty of thier mistakes because I attend thier. Thats like saying that we who live in the US are guilty of the worship of idolatry because we live here, and do not protest the idols like the Statue of Liberty, Lincoln memorial, etc. They contradict scripture too, yet we accept thier existance and do not protest it. Are we guilty? At least I have protested what I believe is wrong in my church. Jesus did too. Was he guilty of sin for the human precepts being practiced because he participated? Did he tell the deciples to leave? Are you wiser than him? No offense.

Now, Pierre, you apparently have nothing to offer in how you correctly worship God, because you refuse to answer my question. Apparently you have no examples of any kind of worship. Read Isaiah. It tells you some basic things God wants from his followers. Feeding the poor (yourself) visiting the sick and imprisoned, releasing thos bound unjustly, helping the orphans and widows etc., Also the things Jesus asked us to do. Love others, (even those who don't agree with you) Communion (do this in memory of me etc..  And even if you rationalize it away, it still doesn't take it away. All I'm saying is if all that you do is get on places like this and tell others thier faults and condemn them, you are as bad as the pharasees. You got nothing on them. They spent thier whole lives studying the law. They, like you, prided themselves on adhereance to it, and condemned even Jesus and his deciples for not following it, much like you seem to do, yet had no real and genuine love in thier hearts, only pride in thier knowledge of the law. Thank God he is my Judge and knows whats in my heart. Love Pierre. tenderness, compassion. God loves these things. Judgements, condemnation, arrogance, pride-these are the things he doesn't think too highly of. Have a nice day Pierre. Love-Mark

Mark

you are not understanding what i have said to you ,it seems that you are angry ,go trough my quotes slowly and you will see that i explain it quite clearly what as to be done and with scriptures to back it up,

do not try to hide by calling me ignorant,

Pierre

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account