Why don't they understand?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Why don't they understand? The Bible?

I was marveling why so many on this Board do not properly understand their Bible, and the main reason for that came to my mind as I sat thinking about it!

I looked at what the Apostle John had to say about that in 1 john 5:19 where he told us that, … “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” After reading that scripture, his words at Revelation 12:9 also came to mind! “So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH, he was hurled
    down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.”

Can anyone imagine, what kind of Bible knowledge one of these ones under Satans power, who are being misled by him, has? Can anyone imagine what kind of Bible interpretations of scripture would be set forth by these ones? Can anyone imagine trying to reason with one of these ones under the control of Satan? Now that would be tantamount to trying to reason with the Devil himself, and who would get anywhere trying to reason with him? That would not even be possible, now would it? As it is not possible to reason with those he has managed to mislead!

In their spiritually blind condition, most on this Board, will set forth their interpretations of various Bible subjects, and no one can tell them that their reasoning is flawed, or just outright incorrect. When you show them that they are wrong on various points, and scripturally prove they are wrong in their reasoning rather than listen politely to you, they become highly unreasonable, just like the one who misleads them would do. The main or principle reason that they cannot see the truth of the Bible was focused on by the Apostle Paul, who tells us exactly what is wrong! Paul wrote: “If now the good news we declare is in fact veiled, it is veiled among those who are perishing, among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ might not shine through.” There is the main reason that most on this Board do not understand the Bible correctly. They are spiritually blind! In that spiritually blind condition they set forth their interpretations of scripture, and when it is pointed out that something said is incorrect, a back and forth argument begins, and continues until no one learns anything from the discussion, and frustration sets in, perhaps for both sides, but no one has gained a thing from the discussion, it proves to be a complete waste of time and energy. Now, isn't that exactly the way that Satan would have it, because he does not wish for any to come to know Jehovah, and his Son Jesus, because he knows that knowing them means everlasting life; and he doesn't want anyone to gain that prize? {John 17:3}

To tie this all together, I would like to point to one last scripture that will show, even more, what is lacking on these Boards and it will also show just why no one on this Board could set forth a sensible interpretation of a scriptural subject; no matter what that subject is about! This is a statement by Jesus himself, who said, the following: “If you love me, you will observe my commandments; and I will request the Father and I will give you another helper to be with you forever, the spirit of the truth, WHICH THE WORLD CANNOT RECEIVE, because it neither beholds it or knows it. You know it, because it remains with you and is in you.” Now, lacking the main crucial ingredient for taking in knowledge of the Bible, individuals of this entire World could read the Bible until the end of time, and not learn one blessed thing about any of it! They lack that essential engredient, the Holy Spirit!

Now, putting all of that together, in a nutshell, it is impossible for the people of this World, to take in any knowledge of the Bible. One would, of necessity have to break the hold that Satan has on them, so that they are no longer misled by him, so that they no longer remain under his Power, so that their blinded minds can be illuminated, so that they can receive of the Holy Spirit, which, in turn, will lead them to an accurate knowledge of Jehovah's Holy Book! {Ephesians 1:15-18}Thereby putting them on the road to everlasting life.

Some, I say, some, not all may be wondering just how do we gain this accurate knowledge of the Bible? What do we have to do?

Notice now what Paul stated at 2 Corinthians 3:12-16 Verse 14 “But their mental powers were dulled. For to this day the same veil remains unlifted at the reading of the old law covenant, because it is done away with by means of Christ. In fact down till today whenever Moses is read, a veil lies upon their hearts.” So, try as they might, the Israelites trying to read that old law covenant, could never fully get the sense of what they was reading because of that veil on their hearts. Now if that proved true for them, it would also apply to all of us today, if we did not fully follow in the footsteps of the Son of God, Jesus Christ!

What we have to do is break the hold that Satan has us in, and come out from under his power, so that we are not misled by him any longer. Paul also tells us what to do, for he stated at 2 Corinthians 3:16 “But when there is a turning to Jehovah the veil is taken away.” That would also apply to those who wish to break Satan's hold.Those who do not wish to be misled by him any longer. Those who wish to come out from under his power. Turning to Jehovah with all of ones heart, soul, and mind, and recognizing his King Son, Glorified and seated at his Fathers right hand, in possession of the true teaching instrument, the Holy Spirit, and willing to pour out that Holy Spirit on those who humbly request it. It is essential that we gain that Holy Spirit, for without it, we will never really understand a word in the Bible.

So, when that turning to Jehovah is done, and one is humbly seeking to do his will, then Jehovah will do the rest! He will grant us to understand his Holy Book, we will have our 'minds fully opened' to understand 'the sacred secrets of the kingdom of the heavens', we will receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. From there it is up to us. How much time and effort we put forth at our study of the Bible, will determine just how much knowledge we take in. We begin with the milk of the word and hopefully progress to the heavier meatier subjects in the Bible. {Matthew 13:11} {Luke 24:45} {Luke 11:13} {1 Timothy 4:15}

From then on, the Holy Spirit will teach us all we need to know, and we will not need anyone to teach us the Bible! We will then,be on the road to everlasting life!
    {John 14:26; 16:13; 17:3} {1 John 2:27} Texas!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Texas,
    But you are teaching stuff from beyond the bible about Jesus and an archangel being the same.
    Are you ready for the task yourself?

Let go of the JW rubbish.

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

(((“”I looked at what the Apostle John had to say about that in 1 john 5:19 where he told us that, … “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” After reading that scripture, his words at Revelation 12:9 also came to mind! “So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH, he was hurled
    down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.””)))

Your still using “JWs” bible, don't you?

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 22 2009,14:22)
    Hi Texas,
    But you are teaching stuff from beyond the bible about Jesus and an archangel being the same.
    Are you ready for the task yourself?

Let go of the JW rubbish.

Hi Nick!
    You better believe that I am! And that rubbish you speak about comes from the Bible. I'm wondering if Jehovah God will appreciate your calling his word rubbish? Now, why do I doubt that? Texas

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 22 2009,15:50)
    Texas

(((“”I looked at what the Apostle John had to say about that in 1 john 5:19 where he told us that, … “the whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one.” After reading that scripture, his words at Revelation 12:9 also came to mind! “So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the ENTIRE INHABITED EARTH, he was hurled
    down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him.””)))

Your still using “JWs” bible, don't you?

Georg

Cindy {Georg}

Look at your King James Bible and you will see that I could have just as easily made all of the points I made using that Bible.Very probably, I could have used any other Bible translation and got said, what I said in that Post!

I rather favor the NWT because it is presented in clear, concise modern English. None of this, Thee, Thou,and Thine nonsense. That Language may have been suitable for those who lived in the sixteenth Century, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't cut it for me in our Century!

I don't believe that the Christ used that kind of speech either! He spoke Hebrew Aramaic and Greek, and was very probably a master of all of the languages of this World; being, as he was, the Son of Jehovah God! {PS} I really hesitated to make a reply to you at all! Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Well, I appreciate the fact that you did.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    The false logic of the Watchtower is rubbish.
    Paul put such rubbish behind him but you feel you still need it?[Phil]

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,06:11)
    Hi texas,
    The false logic of the Watchtower is rubbish.
    Paul put such rubbish behind him but you feel you still need it?[Phil]

Nick!
    That rubbish, as you call it came from the pages of the Bible, not from the watchtower Society, and the Apostle Paul would not put that 'rubbish', as you call it behind him. He would always, and forever, keep it to the fore always ready to teach it to those who would listen to it. In his day too, there were individuals like you, and I don't believe that Paul would appreciate, all that much, about your comment that Jehovah's word was rubbish. I do believe that was you to make a comment the like of which you have made here,to him you would have had your hands full, with Paul! Texas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi texas,
    When you preach watchtower nonsense like Jesus is Michael then you do not have the foundation of scripture as any sort of support.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,10:19)
    Hi texas,
    When you preach watchtower nonsense like Jesus is Michael then you do not have the foundation of scripture as any sort of support.

I'm not saying Texas is right, but what prove do you have that he is not?

1Th 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,10:19)
    Hi texas,

Nick!
    That “Watchtower nonsense” you speak about is a clear Bible teaching, and ANYONE who has read their Bible over, perhaps many times, would, under the direction of the Holy Spirit, arrive at the same conclusion as taught by the Watchtower Society. It is the Bible, that teaches us that Jesus and Michael are one and the same person. Do you believe that only the Watchtower Society alone, is granted to understand the Holy Writings? Do you also believe that only they, have had their minds fully opened to understand the Holy Scriptures?

Those two things will happen for anyone with the proper motives, so anyone will understand the holy writings if those two things are done for them by Jehovah! {Matthew 13:11} {Luke 24:45} They would for those reasons understand everything in the Bible; and that, is, WITHOUT the influence of the Watchtower Society! Texas!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Texas,
    Do show us this clear bible teaching.
    Which servant of God's mouth is this teaching found in or is it only from the Watchtower?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account