Who really is baal gad ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 275 total)
  • Author
    Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke, I said Look up the word ' god ' in ( Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th edition ).

Go to a Library and investigate this, you will know that it is true.

But, do you really want to keep your pagan baal worship, which is worship of satan the devil( Rev.13:3-4 verse 8)??

And, if you followed the correct link I gave, you very well know that both words are the same.

Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke, YOU asked David that not me.

You said “””david, it clearly says in the bible. jesus told the apostles that if a town rejects you, dust the sand off your sandals.””

I said before “”

Encyclopaedia Britannica 11th Edition)

NOT 15th edition.

You better be going to a Library, because you will not find everything concerning this on the computer BrandonIke.

I dare you to go to a Library and investigate the word ' god ', you evidently don't want to admit where it originates from or that you are wrong.

Main Entry: 2god
    Function: transitive verb
    Inflected Form(s): god·ded; god·ding
    : to treat as a god : IDOLIZE, DEIFY

Main Entry: 1god
    Pronunciation: 'gäd also 'god
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English, from Old English; akin to Old High German got god

Main Entry: 3gad
    Function: interjection
    Etymology: euphemism for God
    — used as a mild oath

These words are the SAME and pronounced the SAME.

Look up the word ” gad “=( Strongs Hebrew Dictionary 1408,1409, 1410,1464) that is number coded to the K.J.V.

1464==GUWD, and you can SEE and identify the Danish and Swedish title of ” Gud=god ” in ” GUwD”.

They are in reference to a Babylonian deity called ” Baal=lord and Gad=god ” -== Baal god .

Then you people claim to be like the Bareans of Acts??

Eliyah on the net!

BrandonIke
    Participant

i made a mistake, it was david who wouldn't reply to me unless i provided a quote. i'm sorry, eliyah.

i still want to know what the “new english dictionary” is. you said this one mentions that “gott” is related to “taurus.”

i'm interested in the book called “new english dictionary” or whatever.

BrandonIke
    Participant

can i find “new english dictionary” in the library?

BrandonIke
    Participant

eliyah, i want your help. can you tell me if the name “Yahweh” is pagan? http://www.jesus-messiah.com/studies/yahweh-full-copy.html

i remember as a youth watching the movie “the 10 commandments” with charlton heston on channel 7 abc in new jersey. the name “Yahweh” was used.

Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke, Moses used the ” short form of YAH” first in ( Exodus 15:2) see original texts and a Strongs Hebrew Concordance Dictionary Number 3050,3068, and this short form only appears in ( Psalms 68:4= Old K.J.V. as Jah), but in the New King James Version it is “” YAH””=3050( Psalms 68:4).

No, the Name of YAH( Strongs Hebrew Num.3050) first used by Moses in ( Exodus 15:2) is not pagan in origin.

The place link you gave is quoting from an ” Atheiest ” and also from “” Fredrick Ide's works “” another atheiest.

I've read all these before BrandonIke.

Pagans adoped also the Hebrew title of ” El and Elohim “, but according to scriptures( Gen.), these were pure word titles applied to Yah, but merely because pagans later adopted it does not make it error.

But, the English pagan title of ” god ” is applied exclusively to a Babylonian deity ( Isa. 65:11) of ” gad “( see margin), but it was NEVER applied to the true Creator in Moses writings, AND IT( gad=god) WAS CONDEMNED BY THE CREATOR= YAH.

But, You wont find in the scriptures where the Name of ” YAH ” is condemned, but you will concerning the word “” gad=god “, as it refers to a Babylonian deity.

BrandonIke, I'm beginning to believe, that you will find ANY excuse to avoid the truth, and that your not even interested in the truth of original scriptures, because you evidently love to worship satan the devil too much( Rev.9:20;Rev.13:3-4 verse 8), through satan's deception( Rev.12:9).

Like the Bereans of Acts?? Really now??

Eliyah on the net!

Eliyah
    Participant

Yes, some Library should have that Dictionary, if they don't, get them to get it on “” interlibrary loan “” from another Library somewhere.

You can find it, IF your only interested in finding it.

Or, you may be able to go to a High School Library, they may have it.

Or, are you really interested in finding it tho ??

Go check the Britannica 11th edition on that word 'god '.

BrandonIke
    Participant

eliyah, i want to know the truth. i want to know more about the connection between “gott” and “taurus.” you said this is shown in the “new english dictionary.” i want to know more about the “new english dictionary.”

thank you for pointing out that there are atheists' work that's in that webpage.

eliyah, i agree with you, we cannot blaspheme with pagan words. i want to get to the bottom of this. i want to know about the “new english dictionary.” please, write more about this.

Eliyah
    Participant

Ok, BrandonIke, I'm sorry for making the above remark about you not being interested in finding the truth.

Please forgive me for saying that.

BrandonIke, this information is in the “” New English Dictionary Vol.12: Page 169 “”

This is also in the ( Encyclopaedia Britannica, 11th Edition, under ' god')

You will also find this in an Older Encyclopedia called( The World's Popular Encyclopedia, Vol. 6, under 'god').

Also in ( Webster's New International Dictionary, under 'god')

I'm not making this up, i've done extentsive research into this, it astounded me to find out this truth, that i'm showing to you now.

Sorry about the remark above, BrandonIke.

Eliyah C.

BrandonIke
    Participant

thank you. somehow, my previous post was put in after your reply about the “new english dictionary.” i have to do the research.

eliyah, are there any other topics that i should know about besides the tetragrammaton? what are your views on the trinity? about the iraq war? which church do you belong to? do you have a website? it seems like you've done more research than me in the books.

BrandonIke
    Participant

the timing of these posts seems off. i meant for my [Sep. 09 2005, 06:56 post] to come after your [Sep. 09 2005, 06:46 post] and my [Sep. 09 2005,07:14 post] to come after your [Sep. 09 2005,06:55 post]

Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke, I have not looked on the computer for these above Dictionaries, because I already have these sources here.

I will try to find some of these on the computer, if they even are on the computer.

Yes, its serious, we are commanded to NOT even speak or mention those pagan titles, let alone apply them to the true Creator( Exod.20:2-7; Exod.23:13; Joshua 23:7).

People hate me because i point this truth out to them.

Please Yah true Creator forgive me this once for mentioning those idol pagan titles, but you know that I only point them out to show others the truth of them and their use today.

Eliyah C.

Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke,

The devil does not want you to know this truth, because he will have one more less worshipper of him( See Rev.12:9;Rev.13:3-4, verse 8), and he knows that the true Creator will have snatched another person out of his clutches of deception.

( Rev.12:9)””

And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

( Rev.13:3) And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

( Rev.13:4 )And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

( Rev.13:8)8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him( satan the devil), whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

LOOK, who people are worshipping today.

Please, LOOK CLOSE and read carefully.

Eliyah is here and on the net!

Eliyah
    Participant

Another Dictionary online.

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/

and type in the word “” god “” all lower case.

Here is its Pronounciation, SAME as ” gad “.

Meaning of GOD
    Pronunciation: gâd, gâd

WordNet Dictionary

Definition: [n] a material effigy that is worshipped as a god; “thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image”; “money was his god”
    [n] any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
    [n] the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in monotheistic religions
    [n] a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; “he was a god among men”

Another Dictionary and its ” god ” at

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/

just type in the word ” god ” all lower case.

Here it is below.

god (gd)
    n.
    1. God
    a. A being conceived as the perfect, omnipotent, omniscient originator and ruler of the universe, the principal object of faith and worship in monotheistic religions.
    b. The force, effect, or a manifestation or aspect of this being.
    2. A being of supernatural powers or attributes, believed in and worshiped by a people, especially a male deity thought to control some part of nature or reality.
    3. An image of a supernatural being; an idol.
    4. One that is worshiped, idealized, or followed: Money was their god.
    5. A very handsome man.
    6. A powerful ruler or despot.

[Middle English, from Old English; see gheu()- in Indo-European roots.]

NOTICE THAT ITS MEANING IS an IDOL “” IMAGE” that is worshipped( Compare with Rev.13:15)

15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

Also the word “” gad “”.

Gad 2 (gd)
    interj.
    Used to express surprise or dismay.[Alteration of God.]

Unquote.

How many Dictionary references do people need or want ?

BrandonIke
    Participant

“Pronunciation: gâd, gâd”
    the pronunciation key says that it's pronounced the same as gade as in lemonade. http://www.infoplease.com/pronkey.html

eliyah, i think i found your website
    http://www.eliyah.com/index.html

Eliyah
    Participant

Here you go BrandonIke, ( Encyclopedia Britannica, 1911).

Please read it very close.

GOD, the common Teutonic word for a personal object of religious worship. It is thus, like the Gr. Oe6s and Lat. dens, applied to all those superhuman beings of the heathen mythologies who exercise power over nature and man and are often identified with some particular sphere of activity; and also to the visible material objects, whether an image of the supernatural being or a tree, pillar, &c. used as a symbol, an idol. The word god, on the conversion of the Teutonic races to Christianity, was adopted as the name of the one Supreme Being, the Creator of the universe, and of the Persons of the Trinity. The New English Dictionary points cut that whereas the old Teutonic type of the word is neuter, corresponding to the Latin numen, in the Christian applications it becomes masculine, and that even where the earlier neuter form is still kept, as in Gothic and Old Norwegian, the construction is masculine. Popular etymology has connected the word with good ; this is exemplified by the corruption of God be with you into good-bye. God is a word common to all Teutonic languages. In Gothic it is Guth; Dutch has the same form as English; Danish and Swedish have Gud, German Gott. According to the New English Dictionary, the original may be found in two Aryan roots, both of the form gheu, one of which means to invoke, the other to pour (ci. Gr. x~av); the last is used of sacrificial offerings. The word would thus mean the object either of religious invocation or of religious worship by sacrifice. It has been also suggested that the word might mean a molten image from the sense of pour.”” Unquote.

Read it yourself and FOLLOW THE LINKS. under 'god'.

http://1911encyclopedia.org/index/GIS-GOD.htm

Please look at the ” Etyemology ” of this word ” god” from the Oxford English Dictionary” at

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?

or at http://www.etymonline.com/

Here it is below.

god
    O.E. god “supreme being, deity,” from P.Gmc. *guthan (cf. Du. god, Ger. Gott, O.N. guð, Goth. guþ), from PIE *ghut- “that which is invoked” (cf. Skt. huta- “invoked,” an epithet of Indra), from root *gheu(e)- “to call, invoke.” But some trace it to PIE *ghu-to- “poured,” from root *gheu- “to pour, pour a libation” (source of Gk. khein “to pour,” khoane “funnel” and khymos “juice;” also in the phrase khute gaia “poured earth,” referring to a burial mound). “Given the Greek facts, the Germanic form may have referred in the first instance to the spirit immanent in a burial mound” [Watkins]. Not related to good. Originally neut. in Gmc., the gender shifted to masc. after the coming of Christianity. O.E. god was probably closer in sense to L. numen. A better word to translate deus might have been P.Gmc. *ansuz, but this was only used of the highest deities in the Gmc. religion.

Unquote.

Notice it comes from German, and was shifted to English ' god ' after coming to christianity.

To call on, to invoke, and notice it was never used of christian ' god ' before as in reference to christianity.

Also, under ” gad “.

The name is that of the god of luck Or fortune, mentioned in Isa. lxv. II (R.V. ing.), and in several names of places, e.g. Baal-Gad (josh. Xl. 17, xli. 7), and possibly also in Dibon-Gad, Migdol-Gad and Nahal-Gad.

Eliyah
    Participant

BrandonIke, No.No No.

http://www.eliyah.com IS NOT MY WEBSITE.

Notice, THAT IS NOT MY WEBSITE.

That is a different ” eliyah “, that website is not mine, and not me.

Eliyah
    Participant

Both words ” god” and ” gad ” are pronounced the same as”” gawd “.

Read above of of Encyclopedia Britannica 1911 edition of the pagan word ' god ', and go follow the link, and scroll down and click on the word 'god '.

I rest my case concerning that pagan word, it is of TEUTONIC( German) ie-Assyrian origin-ie Babylonian ( Isa.65:11) of “” Baal god”.

Eliyah C. on the net!

BrandonIke
    Participant

wow, eliyah, that direct post from the 1911 encyclopedia really shows me. it's a direct quote. thank you, eliyah. i'm going to do more research in the future or have someone else do it. eliyah, do you have any other topics that is important?

BrandonIke
    Participant

eliyah, can you leave contact information? i may want to ask you for help on biblical topics in the future.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 275 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account