Who is yhwh?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    Jamie
    Participant

Sorry Nick thought you said– not- above, disreguard.

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Very nice Morning Star,

John 17
    11I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name—the name you gave me—so that they may be one as we are one

And what is the name of the Father? But ofcourse we know His Name is Yahu-weh and not the generic title of -god-.

Jamie

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hi Jamie,
    I have read with interest you posts on the identity of Yeshua. I wonder, if it's not too much trouble, could you tell me how you came to the conclusion that Yeshua is YHWH. What scriptures convinced you and why?

Blessings
    :)

Jamie
    Participant

Hi,

Please see Gen.19:24 of the two YHWH'S- Yahuweh's as one is special- and is called the Messenger of YHWH, this is also the ONE who delt with the children of Israel in the wilderness as He is called the ROCK that followed them by Paul in 1 Cor.10:4, as Yah-shua Messiah said that no man has seen the Father, and the desciple Peter stated that all the prophets bear witness of Him the Messiah in Acts 10:43. The Messiah was and is called the WORD of Yahweh throughout the scriptures, even in Revelation.
    So He was and still is the spokesperson called the WORD for the Father.

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Its strange you use Yeshua since the first 3 Hebrew letters of Yod-He-Waw–ie- Yahu- is used in both the Father and Son's Name, some Messianics do use- Yeshua- since the Jews came out of the Babylonian captivity, but I prefer to use the original old Hebrew, however, I have no problem with the use of -Yeshua- either though, but your use of-Yah-shua – at the bottom of your posts are the correct English transliteration.

Jamie

Is 1:18
    Participant

Thanks Jamie.

but your use of-Yah-shua – at the bottom of your posts are the correct English transliteration.

Yes I've recently become aware that it's not the most accurate transliteration. That's why I use “Yeshua” when I remember.

Jamie
    Participant

Yes I've recently become aware that it's not the most accurate transliteration. That's why I use “Yeshua” when I remember.

What do you mean? Yahushua and means Yahuweh savior and is the correct English transliteration from Hebrew as- Yahu- is Yod- He -Waw the first three Hebrew letters of – Yod-He-Waw-He–ie Yahuweh, the name -Yeshua- is of most recent invented by the Messianics.

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Even a Strongs Hebrew Concordance of H.3091 and 3068 as both names have the same three Hebrew letters that make up -Yahu- from which Psalms 68:4 uses – Yah- will prove this to be true.

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Hi,

Even a Strongs Hebrew Concordance of H.3091 and 3068 as both names have the same three Hebrew letters ( remember Hebrew is read from right to left though) that make up -Yahu- from which Psalms 68:4 uses – Yah- with Strongs H.3050 will prove this to be true, as also the endings of other names such as Eliyahu the old prophet and many others names ending in yahu.

Jamie

Morning Star
    Participant

Quote (Jamie @ Feb. 19 2007,08:52)
    Hi,

Even a Strongs Hebrew Concordance of H.3091 and 3068 as both names have the same three Hebrew letters ( remember Hebrew is read from right to left though) that make up -Yahu- from which Psalms 68:4 uses – Yah- with Strongs H.3050 will prove this to be true, as also the endings of other names such as Eliyahu the old prophet and many others names ending in yahu.

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

very good posts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Jamie @ Feb. 19 2007,07:52)
    Hi,

Please see Gen.19:24 of the two YHWH'S- Yahuweh's as one is special- and is called the Messenger of YHWH, this is also the ONE who delt with the children of Israel in the wilderness as He is called the ROCK that followed them by Paul in 1 Cor.10:4, as Yah-shua Messiah said that no man has seen the Father, and the desciple Peter stated that all the prophets bear witness of Him the Messiah in Acts 10:43. The Messiah was and is called the WORD of Yahweh throughout the scriptures, even in Revelation.
    So He was and still is the spokesperson called the WORD for the Father.

Jamie

Hi jamie,
    Does Gen 19.24 provide for you absolute proof that there are two Gods of the same name??

24Then the LORD rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the LORD out of heaven;

ahem

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jamie,
    Did one God tell the other God who is in charge of fire and brimstone to rain it on earth?
    Or perhaps it is distinguishing a volcanic eruption from earth from what was fiery rain from heaven?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I have copied the post of Is 1.18 to here.

“Hi Charity,
    hope you're doing okay! Well yes indeed YHWH has oftentimes “wrought” with Israel. As a side note it's interesting to me what Yeshua said about the nation of Israel in Matt 23:37:

Matthew 23:37
    37″Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling.

But I'm curious to know how does this relates to the question I posed to t8?

Eze 36:23 And I will sanctify my great name, which was profaned among the heathen, which ye have profaned in the midst of them; and the heathen shall know that I [am] the LORD, saith the Lord GOD, when I shall be sanctified in you before their eyes.

The covenant of the father rufused has even caused confusion of the true creator?

Mal 2:10 Have we not all one father? hath not one God created us? why do we deal treacherously every man against his brother, by profaning the covenant of our fathers?

Jer 33:20  Thus saith the LORD; If ye can break my covenant of the day, and my covenant of the night, and that there should not be day and night in their season;
    Jer 33:21  [Then] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.  

Yes, but Charity there is no confusion from YHWH's perspective:

Jeremiah 10:10-12
    10But the LORD is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King at His wrath the earth quakes, and the nations cannot endure His indignation.
    11Thus you shall say to them, “The gods that did not make the heavens and the earth will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.”
    12It is He who made the earth by His power,who established the world by His wisdom; and by His understanding He has stretched out the heavens.

Isaiah 44:24
    Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, and the one who formed you from the womb, “I, the LORD, am the maker of all things, stretching out the heavens by Myself and spreading out the earth all alone,

Job 9:5-8
    5″It is God who removes the mountains, they know not how, when He overturns them in His anger;
    6Who shakes the earth out of its place, and its pillars tremble;
    7Who commands the sun not to shine, and sets a seal upon the stars;
    8Who alone stretches out the heavens and tramples down the waves of the sea;

He used His Creation to authenticate Himself as the One True God. YHWH alone created stretched out the Heavens….The gods that did not make the heavens and the earth (i.e. false gods and idols) will perish from the earth and from under the heavens.

If christ is on Gods throne as God the covenent is broken and David has not a son to reign on his throne

Jer 33:21  [Then] may also my covenant be broken with David my servant, that he should not have a son to reign upon his throne; and with the Levites the priests, my ministers.  

Interesting. Charity I know you are a knowledgeable woman, and certainly you have a well developed theology but have you really looked into the “throne of David” (and corresponding eschatological) passages in depth? I think if you do you will discover that it is indeed God (YHWH) that will sit on the throne of David. Follow this logic:

In Acts 1:11 we are told that Yeshua will return in “just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven”.

Acts 1:9-11
    9And after He had said these things, He was lifted up while they were looking on, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10And as they were gazing intently into the sky while He was going, behold, two men in white clothing stood beside them. 11They also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus, who has been taken up from you into heaven, will come in just the same way as you have watched Him go into heaven.” 12Then they returned to Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, a Sabbath day's journey away.

Yahshua ascended from the Mt of Olives and He will return to that same place. “His feet” will stand on the Mt of Olives.

Zechariah 14:1-5
    1Behold, the day of the LORD [YHWH] cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
    2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
    3Then shall the LORD [YHWH] go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
    4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
    5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD [YHWH] my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

Who is in view here? The person is designated “YHWH” but to my mind this is the risen Yeshua coming back to execute judgement on the earth. Here is my rationale:-

Yeshua declared He is coming again:

Matthew 24:30
    30″And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the SON OF MAN COMING ON THE CLOUDS OF THE SKY with power and great glory. (cf. Matt 16:27, 24:37; Mark 8:38, 13:26; Luke 21:27)

Revelation 3:11
    11I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown.

Revelation 22:7
    7″And behold, I am coming quickly Blessed is he who heeds the words of the prophecy of this book.”

Revelation 22:12
    “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.

Revelation 22:20
    He who testifies to these things says, “Yes, I am coming quickly ” Amen Come, Lord Jesus.

The apostles, of course, were expecting and prophesied Yeshua’s return:

Matthew 24:3
    3As He was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things happen, and what will be the sign of Your coming, and of the end of the age?”

1 Thessalonians 3:13
    To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

1 Timothy 6:14
    That you keep the commandment without stain or reproach until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ

2 Timothy 1:10
    10but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel

2 Timothy 4:1
    1I solemnly charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who is to judge the living and the dead, and by His appearing and His kingdom:

2 Timothy 4:8
    8in the future there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day; and not only to me, but also to all who have loved His appearing

Titus 2:13-14
    13looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Revelation 1:7
    7BEHOLD, HE IS COMING WITH THE CLOUDS, and every eye will see Him, even those who pierced Him; and all the tribes of the earth will mourn over
    Him. So it is to be. Amen.

When Yeshua does come He will come in the role as punisher/averger:

Zechariah 14:12
    12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD [YHWH] will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth.

2 Thessalonians 2:8
    8Then that lawless one will be revealed whom the Lord will slay with the breath of His mouth and bring to an end by the appearance of His coming;

Revelation 2:16
    16'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

Revelation 17:14
    14″These will wage war against the Lamb, and the Lamb will overcome them, because He is Lord of lords and King of kings, and those who are with Him are the called and chosen and faithful.”

Revelation 19:15
    15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

(Compare Rev 2:16 and 19:15 with Isa 11:4)

He (YHWH = Yeshua) will come with His saints:

Zechariah 14:5
    5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD [YHWH] my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.

1 Thessalonians 3:13
    To the end he may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all his saints.

Jude 1
    14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints

Revelation 19:13-14
    13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

After which Yahshua that will rule the nations from Jerusalem:

Zechariah 14:9, 16-17
    9And the LORD [YHWH] shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD [YHWH], and his name one….16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

Isaiah 24:23
    23Then the moon will be abashed and the sun ashamed, For the LORD of hosts will reign on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem, And His glory will be before His elders.

Daniel 7:13-14
    13″I kept looking in the night visions, And behold, with the clouds of heaven one like a Son of Man was coming, and He came up to the Ancient of Days and was presented before Him. 14″And to Him was given dominion, glory and a kingdom, that all the peoples, nations and men of every language might serve Him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion, which will not pass away; and His kingdom is one which will not be destroyed.

Daniel 7:27
    27'Then the sovereignty, the dominion and the greatness of all the kingdoms under the whole heaven will be given to the people of the saints of the Highest One; His kingdom will be an everlasting kingdom, and all the dominions will serve and obey Him.'

(BTW, Yeshua is designated “Elyon” several times in the Daniel 7 passage, this is also a divine name, and means “the supreme”:

From Strongs:
    H5946
    Elyon
    (Chaldee); corresponding to H5945; the supreme: – Most high.)

Several times in Scripture YHWH is ascribed this appellative (Num 24:16, 32:8, Sam 22:14, Psa 9:2, 18:13, 21:7, 46:4, 47:2, 57:2, 73:11….).

Joel 3:17
    17Then you will know that I am the LORD your God, Dwelling in Zion, My holy mountain so Jerusalem will be holy, And strangers will pass through it no more.

Micah 4:7
    7″I will make the lame a remnant; And the outcasts a strong nation, And the LORD will reign over them in Mount Zion; From now on and forever.

2 Timothy 2:10-12
    10For this reason I endure all things for the sake of those who are chosen, so that they also may obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus and with it eternal glory. 11It is a trustworthy statement: For if we died with Him, we will also live with Him; 12If we endure, we will also reign with Him; If we deny Him, He also will deny us;

Revelation 12:5
    5And she gave birth to a son, a male child, who is to rule all the nations with a rod of iron; and her child was caught up to God and to His throne.

Revelation 20:4
    4Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

He will do this from the throne of David (an earthly throne), which His Father will establish:

2 Samuel 7:12-13
    12″When your days are complete and you lie down with your fathers, I will raise up your descendant after you, who will come forth from you, and I will establish his kingdom.13″He shall build a house for My name, and I will establish the throne of his kingdom forever.

Isaiah 9:6-7
    6For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. 7There will be no end to the increase of His government or of peace, On the throne of David and over his kingdom, To establish it and to uphold it with justice and righteousness

Isaiah 16:5
    5 A throne will even be established in lovingkindness, And a judge will sit on it in faithfulness in the tent of David; Moreover, he will seek justice And be prompt in righteousness

Luke 1:32
    32″He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David; 33and He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and His kingdom will have no end.”

Matthew 19:28
    28And Jesus said to them, “Truly I say to you, that you who have followed Me, in the regeneration when the Son of Man will sit on His glorious throne, you also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

So it’s quite apparent that Zechariah 14:1-4 prophetically describes YHWH coming to judge the Earth. With that in mind consider the whole chapter:-

Zechariah 14
    1Behold, the day of the LORD [YHWH] cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee. 2For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city. 3Then shall the LORD [YHWH] go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle. 4And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south. 5And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD [YHWH] my God shall come, and all
    the saints with thee. 6And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark: 7But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD [YHWH], not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light. 8And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be. 9And the LORD [YHWH] shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD [YHWH], and his name one. 10All the land shall be turned as a plain from Geba to Rimmon south of Jerusalem: and it shall be lifted up, and inhabited in her place, from Benjamin's gate unto the place of the first gate, unto the corner gate, and from the tower of Hananeel unto the king's winepresses. 11And men shall dwell in it, and there shall be no more utter destruction; but Jerusalem shall be safely inhabited. 12And this shall be the plague wherewith the LORD [YHWH] will smite all the people that have fought against Jerusalem; Their flesh shall consume away while they stand upon their feet, and their eyes shall consume away in their holes, and their tongue shall consume away in their mouth. 13And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD [YHWH] shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour. 14And Judah also shall fight at Jerusalem; and the wealth of all the heathen round about shall be gathered together, gold, and silver, and apparel, in great abundance. 15And so shall be the plague of the horse, of the mule, of the camel, and of the ass, and of all the beasts that shall be in these tents, as this plague. 16And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. 17And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. 18And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD [YHWH] will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 19This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. 20In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. 21Yea, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD [YHWH] of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and seethe therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD [YHWH] of hosts.

In verse 13 we read:

“And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the LORD [YHWH] shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.”

So YHWH will dwell in Jerusalem. Then, in verse 9, we read:

“And the LORD [YHWH] shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD [YHWH], and his name one.”

So YHWH will be “King”. Verse 16-17 verify this:

“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD [YHWH] of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.”

What throne will the King sit on do you suppose? In my opinion it must the the throne of David, which is an Earthly throne which was established in Jerusalem[/u].

So, I surmise that the Zechariah 14 narrative could only be prophetic of Yeshua’s second coming, Armageddon battle, and sovereign reign from the throne of David in Jerusalem, for all the scripturally supported reasons given. But here’s the kicker Charity – Yeshua is explicitly called YHWH in Zechariah 14: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21. Would the Holy Spirit-inspired Bible ascribe this exclusively divine name to someone who is not YHWH? I don’t think it would.

Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Christ has been given authority to raise the dead and judgment from the throne that his father said sit though down and build it to all generations; God has rested from his works?  

Yes Charity, God has rested from His works…..of Creation. But as I see it – He is still active. Here are some texts I found that appear to bear this out.

Nehemiah 9:6
    You alone are the LORD; You have made heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth and everything on it, the seas and all that is in them, and You preserve [Heb: chayah] them all The host of heaven worships You.

Romans 8:28
    28And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

1 Corinthians 12:6
    There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.

I stand to be corrected though.

Psa 89:4 Thy seed will I establish for ever, and build up thy throne to all generations. Selah.

Many refuse to allow God to rest on the seventh Day and for Christ to be the author of the new creation

I’m not quite sure what you mean by this, can you explain?

Jhn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.  

Charity, tell me what you make of these verses:-

John 12:45
    45″)He who sees Me sees the One who sent Me.

John 5:22-23
    22″For not even the Father judges anyone, but He has given all judgment to the Son,
    23so that all will honor the Son even as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Many blessings”

Of course God does come to earth in the anointed Son as before, to rule. And He will abide with men.
    Rev 21
    ” 2And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

4And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

5And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.”

Cult Buster
    Participant

Jesus (Jehovah) The Alpha & The Omega (The First & The Last).

“Behold, He comes with the clouds, and every eye will see Him, and those who pierced Him will see Him, and all the kindreds of the earth will wail because of Him. Even so, Amen. I am the Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the Ending, says the Lord, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.”
    (Rev 1:7-8)

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the Ending,
    the First and the Last.”

“I, Jesus, have sent My angel to testify these things to you over the churches. I am the Root and the Offspring of David, the bright and Morning Star.”
    (Rev 22:13 & 16)

The Book of Revelation, which is the Testimony of Jesus Christ, identifies Jesus as the The Alpha & The Omega (The First & The Last). It further identifies Him as The Almighty. Further testimony by Jesus, showing that the title, The First & The Last belongs to Him is found in:

” And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death.”
    (Rev 1:17-18)

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The First and the Last, who became dead and lived, says these things:”
    (Rev 2:8)

It is Jesus Christ, Himself, who became dead and lived, who reveals that He is the First & the Last of Holy Scripture.

Since the Bible is one continual work stretching from Genesis to Revelation, it is clear that this title belongs to Jesus, and no other. There can only be One who is the First and one who is the Last .

We also find the following statements concerning the First & the Last in the Holy Bible:

– – “Who has planned and done it, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, Jehovah, am the first and the last; I am He.”
    (Isa 41:4)

“So says Jehovah, the King of Israel, and His redeemer Jehovah of Hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and besides Me there is no God.”
    (Isa 44:6)

“Listen to me, O Jacob and Israel, My called; I am He; I am the first, I also am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together.”
    (Isa 48:12-13)

Isaiah, inspired by God, calls the First & the Last, Jehovah, Jehovah of Hosts, the Redeemer, and God (meaning the God of Israel). This further biblical evidence provide overwhelming Testimony from Holy Scripture that Jesus (Jehovah) is indeed God Almighty & Eternal.

Here is overwhelming evidence from the Holy Bible that Jesus Christ The Almighty God is the eternal Jehovah, The Alpha & The Omega, The First & The Last, The Beginning and the Ending.      :O  :O  :O

david
    Participant

Here is overwhelming evidence from the Holy Bible that Jesus Christ The Almighty God is the eternal Jehovah, The Alpha & The Omega, The First & The Last, The Beginning and the Ending.

Actually, it's not so much evidence as it is a few scriptures and then some concluding words that are in no way connected to the scriptures, which in no way prove the conclusion.

ALPHA AND OMEGA

THE BOOK OF REVELATION
    REVELATION 1:1-2
    “A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw.”
    As a side observation, this revelation was presented in signs and is given to show God’s “slaves” and not the world in general, the things that must take place. Much like Jesus illustrations, unreceptive hearts would not get the meaning, or have understanding. (Mat 13:10-15)
    When looking at this symbolic book, we should remember this:
    Revelation 1:1 explains that the revelation was given by GOD through JESUS CHRIST, and therefore the one speaking, through an ANGELIC REPRESENTATIVE at times is God himself, and at other times it’s Jesus Christ. And sometimes JOHN himself is speaking.
    Hence, it is reasonable to expect the words of Jehovah God the Almighty to be quoted in the account, along with Jesus’ words, and John’s (and even the angel’s words, who transmitted the message.)
    And in my opinion, they all seem to introduce themselves at the beginning or introductory words are mentioned in connection with them, and they all are mentioned at the closing of Revelation.

REVELATION 1:4
    “John to the seven congregations that are in the [district of] Asia: May YOU have undeserved kindness and peace from “The One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne,”
    (Compare 2 Cor 13:14, where a similar greeting is given)

REVELATION 1:8
    “The Lord God says, ‘I am the Alpha and the Omega, the One who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty!’” (The New American Bible)
    While Jesus Christ is referred to in the previous verse as “coming with the clouds,” the words of Revelation 1:8 indicate that it is “the Lord God,” “the Almighty” who is speaking. In the Scriptures, only the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ is spoken of as “the Lord God” and as the “Almighty.”
    Burden of proof: If we have a phrase or a title that is over and over again, repeatedly applied specifically to a certain one and we don’t find this word used in connection with anyone else by name, and we come across another instance of that word or phrase where it is uncertain who is being spoken of, it would have to be proved that this case is different from the majority and not the other way around.
    “ALMIGHTY”:
    Shaddai (Heb. “Almighty”) and Pantokrator (Gk. “Almighty”) are repeatedly used with reference to Jehovah, the Father. (Ex 6:3; 2 Cor 6:18; Rev 19:6, Rev 4:8, etc) Neither of these expressions are ever applied to “Jesus” or “Christ.” Yet, the word “almighty” is applied to Jehovah 42 other times, from the very first occurrence of that word to the very last occurrence:
    GENESIS 17:1
    “When Abram got to be ninety-nine years old, then Jehovah appeared to Abram and said to him: “I am God Almighty. Walk before me and prove yourself faultless.”
    REVELATION 21:22 (King James Version)
    “And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty AND Lamb ARE the temple of it.” (It’s clear in this verse that the Lamb, [Jesus] is distinguished and separate from the “Almighty” here. Both of them “are” spoken of. It does not say that the Almighty and Jesus “is,” but uses the plural: “are.”)
    Since “Jehovah” is specifically and without question called “God” a thousand times in scripture, and many more without the actual use of his name, the “burden of proof” clearly rests on anyone who wants to prove that the words “God Almighty” refers to anyone but Jehovah.
    (See the “*” in the section below entitled: “Can two different beings be called the same thing or be explained with the same words?”)
    “LORD GOD”:
    The expression “Lord God” occurs in many Bibles roughly 80 times. It never occurs with reference to the name “Jesus.” In fact, in the original languages, the expression found about 80 times is “Jehovah [or “Yahweh”] God.” The substitution of the word “Lord” and the removal of God’s name without question has confused many as to who this one is. The words “Lord God” never occur with reference to “Jesus,” although it does occur about 80 times with reference to Jesus’ Father, Jehovah.
    Since the words “Lord God” are definitely used with reference to Jehovah many times and nowhere specifically clearly used with reference to “Jesus,” the burden of proof rests on those who wish to prove that this scripture refers to anyone other than Jehovah.
    “THE ONE WHO IS AND WHO WAS AND WHO IS TO COME”
    As well, this verse (1:8) is speaking of “the One who is and who was and who is to come.” Just a couple verses before, at Revelation 1:5, we see greetings are given from the one “who is, and who was, and who is to come,” “and from Jesus Christ.” (NIV)
    In verse 5 it’s obvious that the one “who is, and who was, and who is to come” is not Jesus Christ, because greetings are given from him “AND from Jesus Christ. So, when the phrase “the one who is and who was and who is to come” occurs 3 verses later, it would seem that this again establishes that we are speaking of someone other than Jesus. Or at the very least, it’s not at all clear that it’s speaking of Jesus.
    Moreover, in the very next verse, the apostle John, says: “I . . . came to be in the isle that is called Patmos for speaking about God and bearing witness to Jesus.” (Rev. 1:9) So John understood God to be separate and distinct from Jesus.
    Also, compare Revelation 4:8 where it says: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God Almighty, who was, and is, and is to come.” (NIV) We notice the phrase “holy, holy, holy” occurs only one other time in the Bible at Isaiah 6:3, and there it is referring to “Jehovah.” (Also compare Rev 11:17)

On this point and others, not the following:
    “Verse 8. I am Alpha and Omega. These are the first and the last letters of the Greek alphabet, and denote properly the first and the last. So in Revelation 22:13, when the two expressions are united, “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” So in Revelation 1:17, the speaker says of himself, “I am the first and the last.” Among the Jewish Rabbins, it was common to use the first and the last letters of the Hebrew alphabet to denote the whole of anything, from beginning to end. Thus it is said, “Adam transgressed the whole law from \^HEBREW\^ to \^HEBREW\^”–from Aleph to Tav. “Abraham kept the whole law from \^HEBREW\^ to \^HEBREW\^.” The language here is that which would properly denote eternity in the being to whom it is applied, and could be used in reference to no one but the true God. It means that he is the beginning and the end of all things; that he was at the commencement, and will be at the close; and it is thus equivalent to saying that he has always existed, and that he will always exist. Compare Isaiah 41:4, “I the Lord, the first, and with the last;'– Isaiah 44:6, “I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God;”–Isaiah 48:12, “I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.” There can be no doubt that the lang
    uage here would be naturally understood as implying divinity, and it could be properly applied to no one but the true God. The obvious interpretation here would be to apply this to the Lord Jesus; for
    (a) it is he who is spoken of in the verses preceding, and
    (b) there can be no doubt that the same language is applied to him in Revelation 1:11.
    As there is, however, a difference of reading in this place in the Greek text, and as it cannot be absolutely certain that the writer meant to refer to the Lord Jesus specifically here, this cannot be adduced with propriety as a proof-text to demonstrate his divinity. Many MSS., instead of “Lord,” \~kuriov\~, read “God,” \~yeov\~; and this reading is adopted by Griesbach, Tittman, and Hahn, and is now regarded as the correct reading. There is no real incongruity in supposing, also, that the writer here meant to refer to God as such, since the introduction of a reference to him would not be inappropriate to his manifest design. Besides, a portion of the language here used, “which is, and was, and is to come,” is that which would more naturally suggest a reference to God as such, than to the Lord Jesus Christ. See Revelation 1:4. The object for which this passage referring to the “first and the last–to him who was, and is, and is to come,” is introduced here evidently is, to show that as he was clothed with omnipotence, and would continue to exist through all ages to come as he had existed in all ages past, there could be no doubt about his ability to execute all which it is said he would execute. Saith the Lord. Or, saith God, according to what is now regarded as the correct reading. Which is, and which was, etc. See Barnes “Revelation 1:4”. The Almighty. An appellation often applied to God, meaning that he has all power, and used here to denote that he is able to accomplish what is disclosed in this book.” )–Barnes’ Notes on the New Testament (1974)
    One place this can be found is here: http://www.studylight.org/com/bnn/view.cgi?book=re&chapter=001

REVELATION 1:11
    The phrase “I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” found in the King James Bible and a few others, is not found in some of the oldest Greek manuscripts, such as the Alexandrine, Sinaitic, and Codex Ephraemi rescriptus.
    As far as I can tell, most modern versions of the Bible don’t include the phrase “I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” in Revelation 1:11.
    Here is a list of some Bibles that don’t have those words:

New International Version (and UK version)
    American Standard Version
    New American Standard Version
    The Message Version
    New Living Translation
    English Standard Version
    New English
    Basic English Bible
    American Standard Version
    Darby Translations
    Holman Christian Standard Bible
    New International Reader’s Version
    Worldwide English (New Testament)
    Today’s New International Version
    Contemporary English Version
    New World Translation
    Jerusalem Bible
    New American Bible
    Douay-Rheims Bible (and Challenor’s)
    Weymouth NT

It also doesn’t occur in some of the older Bibles. The Latin Vulgate of Jerome, for example.
    The words in question are found in the King James Versions, the Webster Bible, and the Young Literal Translation, and I’m sure there must be others, but I only checked the 25 that were the easiest to find for myself.
    I believe that the words: “Alpha and Omega, the first and the last” found in the King James Version is at the least, very questionable.

(((((also, add 1 cor 15:20, firstfutis of those who have fallen aslpee pin death.” Unlike those who have been resurrected before, Jesus will not die.)))))
    REVELATION 1:17-18
    “And when I saw him [referring to Jesus], I fell as dead at his feet. And he laid his right hand upon me and said: “Do not be fearful. I am the First [“First,” א?VgSyh; A, “Firstborn.”] and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever, and I have the keys of death and of Hádes.”
    We remember that in Rev 1:5, Jesus was called “the firstborn from the dead.” Here, we notice that Jesus being the “first and last” is connected to him being the living one who became dead, and him now having the keys of death and hades.
    In what way does the Bible demonstrate that Jesus is the “first”?
    REVELATION 1:5
    “and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “The FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD,”. . . “
    ACTS 26:23
    “that the Christ was to suffer and, as the FIRST TO BE RESURRECTED FROM THE DEAD, . . .”“
    (Obviously, he wasn't the first to be resurrected from the dead, so this must be referring to him being the first to be resurrected in a specific way. Jesus was the first to be resurrected of those who would not have to die again. Also, he was the first to be raised as a spirit person. (1 Peter 3:18)
    COLOSSIANS 1:18
    “and he is the head of the body, the congregation. He is the BEGINNING, THE FIRSTBORN FROM THE DEAD, that he might become the one who is FIRST in all things;”
    So, we could guess that Jesus being the “first” means that he is God Almighty, but it doesn't say this. We do know 2 things:
    1. He is described, even in the same chapter of revelation (1:5), as being the first in that we was the first to be resurrected to immortal spirit life. (Col 1:18)
    2. The statement in question continues to say that he is the living one who “became dead, but, look! I am living forever and ever.”
    I believe that based on the context and these other scriptures, and with no direct evidence to the contrary, we have to believe that Jesus is the first in this respect.
    How is he the “last”?
    That too is covered in the rest of the statement. It says that he had been given the keys of death and of hades. Jesus was the “last” to be resurrected by Jehovah personally.
    JOHN 5:21
    “For just as the Father raises the dead up and makes them alive, so the Son also makes those alive whom he wants to.”
    JOHN 6:40
    “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone that beholds the Son and exercises faith in him should have everlasting life, and I will resurrect him at the last day.””
    REVELATION 2:8
    ““And to the angel of the congregation in Smyr?na write: These are the things that he says, ‘the First and the Last,’ WHO BECAME DEAD AND CAME TO LIFE [again],” (Again, notice that with reference to Jesus, how these words are connected to Jesus death and resurrection.)
    JOHN 11:25
    “Jesus said to her: “I am the resurrection and the life. He that exercises faith in me, even though he dies, will come to life;”
    It seems that Jehovah resurrected Jesus and that Jehovah has entrusted power of judging to Jesus, the power to resurrect. (Dan 7:13,14; 2 Tim 4:1,2) Jesus said: “I will resurrect him on the last day” and “I am the ressurection and the life…”
    As Revelation 1:17,18 says, Jesus now has the keys of death and hades.
    So I believe he was the “last” to be resurrected by Jehovah, the responsibility of resurrecting now being given to Jesus. For all others of humanity, Jesus himself is “the resurrection and the life.” (John 11:25)
    This explanation looks at the words and ideas surrounding the actual phrase “first and the last” and it also looks at other scriptures that speak of Jesus being the first. (Compare Rev. 2:8) It is not based on the idea that I want something to be true. This is what the Bible says. And as far as I can tell, it carries much stronger evidence.

BUT JEHOVAH IS ALSO CALLED “THE FIRST AND THE LAST”
    Can two different beings be called the same thing or be explained with the same words?
    “The Greek word a·pósto·los is derived from the common verb a·po·steĺlo, meaning simply “send forth (or off).” (Mt 10:5; Mr 11:3) Its basic sense is clearly illustrated in Jesus’ statement: “A slave is not greater than his
    master, nor is one that is sent forth [a·pósto·los] greater than the one that sent him.” (Joh 13:16) In this sense the word also applies to Christ Jesus as “the apostle and high priest whom we confess.” (Heb 3:1; compare Mt 10:40; 15:24; Lu 4:18, 43; 9:48; 10:16; Joh 3:17; 5:36, 38; 6:29, 57; 7:29; 8:42; 10:36; 11:42; 17:3, 8, 18, 21-25; 20:21.) Jesus was sent forth by God as his appointed and commissioned representative.”–Insight, Vol 1, page 127.
    Jesus is called apostle. Jesus apostles are called apostles. This does not mean they are the same being. Yet the word applies to both. What does it prove? It proves that those words can apply to both–not that they are the same person.
    Similarly, Jesus is the first and last in certain respects, as the Bible itself plainly says. (See scriptures quoted above) And Jehovah is the first and last in that he is king of eternity and Creator.
    ILLUSTRATION:
    As I’ve said before, the moderator of this board was probably the first to post and will be the last to post. Nick, another moderator can be spoken of as the first to comment on any specific topic and will be the last to have his word in. Nick is the first and last, in that he comments a lot. T8 is the first and last in that he has been here before and after everyone. They are in no way the same person, are they? We could say: ‘T8, the Super Administrator, the first and the last,’ and then apply that first and last to the fact that he is the super administrator and will always be here and always has. But this in no way prevents those words “first” and “last” from being applied to Nick in some other special way.
    *It’s important that you not misunderstand what I’m saying here: I’m saying words CAN apply to more then one person (without them being the same person). I’m not saying words can’t be applied to more than one. You can’t say to me: ‘You say that the word “Almighty” CAN’T apply to more than one person, yet here you say that this phrase (first and last) can apply to more than one.’ No. I’m not saying that a word “can’t” apply to more than one. I’m saying that in the case of the word “almighty” it “doesn’t.” I’m saying this is what the Bible shows in that case. I don’t believe that it, a word, in itself “can” only apply to one person. I believe that scripture clearly shows that this word “Almighty” is only ever used with reference to Jehovah and is done so repeatedly, from beginning to end, from the first to the last. I’m not saying it’s impossible for a word to be applied to more than one. I’m saying, with the case of the word “Almighty” for example, the evidence doesn’t suggest this.

This scripture comes up a lot. Let’s look at it:
    ISAIAH 44:6
    ““This is what Jehovah has said, the King of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, ‘I am the first and I am the last, and besides me there is no God.”
    In the original Hebrew at Isaiah 44:6, there is no definite article with the words “first” and “last,” whereas in Jesus’ description of himself in the original Greek at Revelation 1:17, the definite article is found. So, grammatically, Revelation 1:17 indicates a title, whereas Isaiah 44:6 describes Jehovah’s Godship.
    When Jesus is presented by the title: “the First and the Last,” this doesn't in any way prove he is claiming equality with Jehovah or that he is Jehovah. He is using a title properly given him by God.
    In Isaiah, Jehovah was making a statement about His unique position as the true God. He is God eternal, and besides him there is indeed no God. (1 Timothy 1:17) In Revelation, Jesus is talking about his bestowed title, calling attention to his unique resurrection.
    Look at this verse again.
    Imagine someone, the largest person on the planet said this true statement:
    ‘I am tall and wide and besides me no one weighs more.’
    That does not mean that someone else can't be described as tall and wide.
    WHAT IT DOES MEAN is that no one else can be described as weighing more.
    How can we understand the expression: Besides me there is no God?
    We know that the Bible uses the word God with reference to other mighty ones, angels, human judges of Israel, etc. Angels are not false gods.
    Look at the scripture. Jehovah is the first and the last. There was no one before him and He will exist forever. He is described as the king of eternity in the Bible. In this sense, no one can be compared to him.

REVELATION 21:6-7
    “And he said to me: “They have come to pass! I am the Aĺpha and the O·méga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son.”
    Who is the speaker? Notice verse 7. Jesus referred to those who are joint heirs with him in his Kingdom as “brothers,” not “sons.” The speaker must be Jesus’ heavenly Father, Jehovah God.
    MATTHEW 25:40
    “And in reply the king will say to them, ‘Truly I say to YOU, To the extent that YOU did it to one of the least of these my brothers, YOU did it to me.’” (Compare Mat 12:50)
    HEBREWS 2:10-12
    “For it was fitting for the one for whose sake all things are and through whom all things are, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the Chief Agent of their salvation perfect through sufferings. For both he who is sanctifying and those who are being sanctified all [stem] from one, and for this cause he is not ashamed to call them “brothers,” as he says: “I will declare your name to my brothers; in the middle of [the] congregation I will praise you with song.””
    It is true that Jesus, because of being God’s chief agent of life, is referred to as Eternal Father at Isaiah 9:6. Looking at the Bible, we see that anyone who has followers, or those who exhibit his qualities, is regarded as a father to them. (Mt 5:44, 45; Ro 4:11, 12) In this sense the Devil is spoken of as a father. (Joh 8:44) But of course, “Father” is applied to Jehovah God numerous times.
    Looking back at Rev 21:6,7, it indicates that Christians who are spiritual conquerors are to be ‘sons’ of the one known as the Alpha and the Omega. That is never said of the relationship of spirit-anointed Christians to Jesus Christ. Jesus spoke of them as his ‘brothers.’ But those ‘brothers’ of Jesus are referred to as “sons of God.” (Gal. 3:26; 4:6)
    So this would seem to contradict other parts of the Bible, if it was taken that Jesus was the Alpha and Omega here.
    As well, we have the phrase: “To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free.”
    While Jesus spoke of giving such water (John 4:14; 6:35) Jehovah is spoken of as being the “source of living water.” (Jer 2:13; Ps 36:9)

REVELATION 22:12 (TODAY’S ENGLISH VERSION)
    It's clear that some Bibles want this to be Jesus. At Revelation 22:12, TEV inserts the name Jesus, so the reference to Alpha and Omega in verse 13 is made to appear to apply to him. But the name Jesus does not appear there in Greek, and other translations do not include it.

REVELATION 22:12-13
    ““‘Look! I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me, to render to each one as his work is. I am the Aĺpha and the O·méga, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”
    It is evident that a number of persons are represented as speaking in this chapter of Revelation.
    –in verses 8 we have John talking.
    –In verse 9, we have the angel speaking to John.
    –verse 16 obviously applies to “Jesus,”
    –the first part of verse 17 is credited to “the spirit and the bride,”
    –and the one speaking in the latter part of verse 20 is manifestly John himself.
    “The Alpha and the Omega” of verses 12-15, therefore, may properly be identified as the same one who bears the title in the other two occurrences.
    As I said before:
    “The expression, “Look! I am coming quickl
    y,” in verse 12, does not require that these aforementioned verses apply to Jesus, inasmuch as God also speaks of himself as “coming” to execute judgment. (Compare Isa 26:21) Malachi 3:1-6 speaks of a joint coming for judgment on the part of Jehovah and his “messenger of the covenant.””
    Of course, the coming judgment will be expressed by Jehovah God through his Son, for the apostle also says: “This will be in the day when God through Christ Jesus judges the secret things of mankind.” (Rom. 2:5-10,16)
    REVELATION 4:8
    “And as for the four living creatures, each one of them respectively has six wings; round about and underneath they are full of eyes. And they have no rest day and night as they say: “Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah God, the Almighty, who was and who is and who is coming.””
    REVELATION 1:4-5
    “John to the seven congregations that are in the [district of] Asia: May YOU have undeserved kindness and peace from “The One who is and who was and who is coming,” and from the seven spirits that are before his throne, and from Jesus Christ, “the Faithful Witness,” “The firstborn from the dead,” and “The Ruler of the kings of the earth.””

Cult Buster
    Participant

” And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying to me, Do not fear, I am the First and the Last, and the Living One, and I became dead, and behold, I am alive for ever and ever, Amen. And I have the keys of hell and of death.”
    (Rev 1:17-18)

“And to the angel of the church in Smyrna write: The First and the Last, who became dead and lived, , says these things:”
    (Rev 2:8)

David. These verses are obviously identifying  Jesus as the First and Last. It can only be Jesus for He died but is now alive.

These verses can be found within the list of Bibles mentioned in your post.

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.
    Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

It is obvious that Jesus is speaking and is the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last and these verses can be found within the list of Bibles mentioned in your post..

In fact your own Jehovah's Witness nwt translation identifies Jesus as Jehovah.   LOOK AGAIN!

In Revelation 1:8. I am quoting from the Jehovah's Witness’s own Bible, and it reads,

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says Jehovah God.

Ask the Witness, “What does Alpha and Omega mean?” They'll reply, “The beginning and the end.”

Then ask them, “How many Alphas and Omegas can you have?” They'll answer, “Only one.” They will agree that there is only one Alpha and Omega.

Then turn to Revelation 22:12-13 which says, “Look I am coming quickly, and the reward I give is with me….I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.” Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses, “Who do you say the Alpha and Omega is?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now take a careful look. The Alpha and Omega in verse twelve is coming quickly. Let's see who is speaking in verse twelve.
    Look at verse sixteen,

“I Jesus, sent my angel to bear witness to you people of these things for the congregations. I am the root and the offspring of David, the bright morning star.”

It is Jesus speaking in verse twelve. If there is any doubt go to verse 20 which says, “He that bears witness of these things says, 'Yes; I am coming quickly' Amen come Lord Jesus.”

So it is clear that the Alpha and the Omega in verse twelve is Jesus.

Here is a strong proof text that Jesus is God because both Jehovah and Jesus are called the Alpha and the Omega.

Another pair of verses that are effective when used together are Isaiah 44:6 and Revelation 1:17-18.

Isaiah 44:6 says, “This is what Jehovah has said, 'The king of Israel and the Repurchaser of him, Jehovah of armies, I am the first and I am the last.'”

Ask the Jehovah’s Witnesses how many firsts and lasts can you have? It's obvious to anyone you can only have one first and one last.

Ask them, “Who is the first and the last?” They will say, “Jehovah.”

Now turn to Revelation 1:17-18 which says,

“Do not be fearful; I am the First and the Last, and the living one; and I became dead but look! I am living forever.”

Who is speaking here? Obviously, it is Jesus for He died but is now alive, and guess what? He is called the First and the Last.

David:  Here again we see Jesus is Jehovah God  and your own JW's Watchtower Bible contradicts the teachings of your  church.

:O :O :O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is the constant effort of some to try and show that the Son of God is also his own father and they offer that as some form of bizarre evidence that God is three?
    Mystery Babylon!

michaels
    Participant

this (yhwh)in exidus verse15 can not be Gods name ,must have been changed because his real name is to special.they must have writen this as they write LORD every where now.read ex 6:3,the name in this verse must have been changed for it is clear that abraham knew God as (yhwh).the only name abram dident know God by is (I AM),so this must truly be his memorial name forever,not (YHWH).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Perhaps this thread is more relevant to discussion of the matters at hand rather than the trinity theory one.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Nick Why should it be, I just put a big article there in the triniy tread about God. And YHWH. Why bring up another tread on this?

Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account