Who is yhwh?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 564 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

Nick Hassen
    Does He believe the truth?

or

Nick Hassen
    Is he the only one who knows the truth?

I would never start a topic like that. It seems mean. But I couldn't help but feel as though I was being attacked when a similar topic was started and with such speed. I'm sorry. I've been holding those negative feelings in ever since it appeared. I don't mind it being there. It just felt like an attack.

Anyway, this string of thoughts is supposed to be on God's name. So, I suggest all attacks against me go in the JW topic, even though that would mean we'd be jumping around a lot. We seem to do that anyway.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

hi david,
    There are no experts here but only those who love God and his word. We show you what is the Word. It is up to you how you react to that and what you do with the information. We are not interested in denominational religion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 05 2005,07:19)
    Just a scripture that I found that mentions loving God's name, and the fact that God requires something of us.
    HEBREWS 6:10
    “For God is not unrighteous so as to forget YOUR work and the love YOU showed for his name, in that YOU have ministered to the holy ones and continue ministering.”

Hi david,
    I suggest that love for the NAME shows love for the being, and those that belong to that being, that the name represents.

david
    Participant

You should be interested in religion. Revelation says that Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion will be done away with. We're told to get out of her. The religions of the world, the worldly religions, under Satan's influence will soon be brought to an end. This is part of the Bible, and therefore of interest.
    If you're not interested in joining another religion, I can understand that. Many people feel that way after expereincing the bad fruitage of bad religion, one after another. A rotten tree cannot produce good fruit. But, just because Satan has created those thousands of doors that lead to the wrong place, doesn't mean the door created by Jesus is not to be found.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I am much more interested in living in a loving relationship with our Father than what men call religion. As you say that religion is of the whore.

david
    Participant

Nick, what if having a personal relationship with Jesus, as most people say it, isn't all that is required of us?
    Have you found Jesus yet Nick? “Believe on the Lord and ye shall be saved.” It's just that easy right?

If you truly love your father, you will obey him. You will obey what his son tells us. This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments.

I just found this scripture, again mentioning God's people. It says they would be zealous for fine works. When I mentioned that Jehovah's Witnesses were zealous in the preaching work, you sort of attacked me. I know we are not declared righteous by works, yet notice these words:
    TITUS 2:14
    “who gave himself for us that he might deliver us from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own, zealous for fine works.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I have never agreed that “believe on the Lord and you shall be saved” is the true gate for joining the body of Christ. That is a popular false teaching.
    “You must be born again to enter the kingdom of God”
    is the teaching Of Jesus Christ.

Zeal saves nobody either. That is the useless self effort of man. We need to be guided by the Spirit to produce the fruit of the Spirit.

david
    Participant

No Nick, you're right, Zeal saves no one.
    I'm just saying that you can't say: zeal is pointless.
    Being zealous for fine works is a good thing, as indicated by the scripture I quoted above.

“I have never agreed that “believe on the Lord and you shall be saved” is the true gate for joining the body of Christ.”

I know you don't believe that Nick, but sometimes, when I mention that God requires things from us, (in an effort to show that there is a people following God) you tend to push the thought to: 'I have a personal relationship with the Father.' I know you don't believe that.

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I am encouraged when I see people preaching Jesus Christ and the salvation that is available through him. Then God can provide you with fellowship with his Family and also with men. But those who preach denominations do not give me any joy.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Sep. 07 2005,04:42)
    Nick, what if having a personal relationship with Jesus, as most people say it, isn't all that is required of us?
    Have you found Jesus yet Nick?  “Believe on the Lord and ye shall be saved.”  It's just that easy right?  

If you truly love your father, you will obey him.  You will obey what his son tells us.  This is what the love of God means, that we observe his commandments.

I just found this scripture, again mentioning God's people.  It says they would be zealous for fine works.  When I mentioned that Jehovah's Witnesses were zealous in the preaching work, you sort of attacked me.  I know we are not declared righteous by works, yet notice these words:
    TITUS 2:14
    “who gave himself for us that he might deliver us from every sort of lawlessness and cleanse for himself a people peculiarly his own, zealous for fine works.”

Hi david,
    Jesus said
    “if you love me obey MY commandments”

That is not the ten commandments but the commands of Jesus.

Such as
    “you must be born again”
    ” love one another as I have loved you”
    “abide in my teachings”

Many people get confused by the times Jesus reiterated the Ten commandments and think that they are his commandments.

Look at each context [eg the rich young man]and you will see that Jesus was replying to specific questions from the Jews about the commandments.

Jesus truthfully answered those questions but the Commandments do not relate to us gentiles as they are part of the Law and we have never been under the Law.

david
    Participant

Nick, i know.
    Christ is the end of the law.
    the law was a tutor pointing to Christ.
    The law made it manifest that people are sinful and needed something more.

Nick, I've never meant to imply that we should obey the ten commandments, or any of the other ones in the law.
    Anything specific that God says, even if it's through Jesus, is a command. It's something to be followed. Many of the things Jesus said were not commands but principals. EX: You will reap what you sow. Not a command, but a principal, a basic truth. All commands (or laws) are based on principals.

There are some things however that Jesus commanded us to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    There are some that say Yeshua is Yahweh come in flesh. Scripture says it is Yeshua, the Son and Messiah who came in the flesh and to teach otherwise is a test for the antichrist spirit. Yahweh did fill Yeshua by His Spirit such that they were one but Yahweh still was in heaven.

Eliyah
    Participant

Evidently you don't even know YHWH=Yahweh, because it you did, you would not be calling Him by pagan titles which He commands that you NOT do( Exod.20:2-7; Exod.23:13; Joshua 23:7).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi eliyah,
    I rather hoped you could desist from judging for a moment and address the issue at hand as your views may be edifying.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi yes2truth,
    Here is another forum you may be interested in.

david
    Participant

Nick, on the second post in this topic, did you actually say:
    “the Father does not have a name.” He doesn't need one?
    Or are you being confusingly sarcastic in some manner I don't understand?
    I haven't read the posts that followed yours, so maybe you clarified later.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 29 2005,18:40)
    Nick, on the second post in this topic, did you actually say:
    “the Father does not have a name.”  He doesn't need one?
    Or are you being confusingly sarcastic in some manner I don't understand?
    I haven't read the posts that followed yours, so maybe you clarified later.

david.

Hi david,
    YHWH is a descriptive name for God, not a personal name.

“I am who am”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus never called himself YHWH.
    He is never revealed on earth in the OT-men have presumed it was him.
    He quoted scriptures where the name YHWH [translated LORD]is used, for example when he quoted Isaiah in the Temple and spoke of David another time.
    He never said it was him.
    He said The God of the Jews was his Father, not himself.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 21 2005,11:30)
    Great Nick,

I was getting worried because of the following:

The believers, according to Paul, will judge angels, Christ (YHWH incarnate) will judge us!

1 Corinthians 6:3 – Do you not know that we are to judge angels? How much more, matters pertaining to this life!

Hebrews 1:5 – For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

Hebrews 1:13 – But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

The point of the argument is that Jesus is NOT in the class of angels, he is equal and in unity with God the Father.

Philippians 2:6 – who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped (prized, held on to),

In fact, exaltation of or worshipping of angels is forbidden and rebuked in ALL of scripture.

Colossians 2:18 – Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,

John 20:28 – Thomas answered him, “My Lord (kurios) and my God!”

Revelations 22:   6 And he said to me, “These words are trustworthy and true. And the Lord (kurios), the God of the spirits of the prophets, has sent his angel to show his servants what must soon take place. 7 And behold, I am coming soon.” Blessed is he who keeps the words of the prophecy of this book. 8 I John am he who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me; 9 but he said to me, “You must not do that! I am a fellow servant with you and your brethren the prophets, and with those who keep the words of this book. Worship God.”

Worship of God the Father and Christ our Lord:

Revelation 5:13 – And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

Revelation 7:10 – And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

John 5:23 – That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Hi,
    Such a good post till he added unscriptural 'equality' with the Father.
    The word translated as “grasped” in Phil 2 5-6 is derived from HARPAZO-to rob, steal or pillage.
    [KJV makes a hash of this verse]
    In what way then did that verse show the Son already had equality with the Father if he had to steal to have equality?

He was humble and obedient in nature and wisdom shone through in his decision to not try to take what was not his.

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Amen Nick
    If he is co-equal fullstop, then it would not be a prize to be grasped or retained
    It would not be a prize or a priveledge – it would be intrinsice to him, not possibe for him to lose.
    This 'equality' would be a right not a 'prize', an inborn attribute.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 564 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account