Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,581 through 1,600 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

No, I read it, (although I do find it saves vast amounts of time to not read most of what you write.)

If, however, you interpret it as a 'relinquishing of the equality' (functional, not ontological) that He had intrinsically to take on the form (Gr. morphe) of a bond servant then that is much more

I'm not fond of your inability to communicate effectively with me, and others.

Did you actually read the post through David? Given that you asked this question I don't think you did.

Please, if you could just answer my question…

david
    Participant

You submitted it David, don't you understand the material that you yourself quoted?

Yes, I understand it. But you say it is wrong. It is talking about Phil 2:6 though. So what gives?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 27 2007,10:12)

Quote (david @ Mar. 27 2007,10:07)
    The Expositor’s Greek Testament says:

“We cannot find any passage where [har·pa′zo] or any of its derivatives [including har·pag·mon′] has the sense of ‘holding in possession,’ ‘retaining’. It seems invariably to mean ‘seize,’ ‘snatch violently’. Thus it is not permissible to glide from the true sense ‘grasp at’ into one which is totally different, ‘hold fast.’”—(Grand Rapids, Mich.; 1967), edited by W. Robertson Nicoll, Vol. III, pp. 436, 437.

Well 'harpagamos' is only used once (Phil 2:6) and 'harpazo' is a different word….so the point is moot.

Hi Is 1.18,
    If the point is moot
    then it can no longer be used as “evidence” for your theory
    that Christ always was equal to His Father and God?

That ends that empty rhetoric.

Our God, the God of heaven, deserves more respect.

Nehemiah 1:5
    And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:
    Nehemiah 8:6
    And Ezra blessed the LORD, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the LORD with their faces to the ground.

Is 1:18
    Participant

We cannot find any passage where [har·pa′zo] or any of its derivatives [including har·pag·mon′] has the sense of ‘holding in possession,’ ‘retaining’. It seems invariably to mean ‘seize,’ ‘snatch violently’. Thus it is not permissible to glide from the true sense ‘grasp at’ into one which is totally different, ‘hold fast.’”—(Grand Rapids, Mich.; 1967), edited by W. Robertson Nicoll, Vol. III, pp. 436, 437.

NH,
    This point, that David quoted, is moot.

What other passage can we compare “harpagamos” in Philippians 2:6 to when it's only used in that verse? And harpazo is a verb, not a noun.

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

And said, I beseech thee, O LORD God of heaven, the great and terrible God, that keepeth covenant and mercy for them that love him and observe his commandments:

:O *cough cough cough* This coming from you?

Hugs
    Phoenix

Is 1:18
    Participant

:D

On that “point” I say good night.

david
    Participant

Forget the “[harpazo]”

You'll notice that word was added. I might have gotten it wrong.

This is what it actually said: “ἁρπάζω”

Anyway, are you saying this reference work is wrong, then?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 27 2007,10:25)
    Hi Nick

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi P,
    Do you know the whole of the commands of God?

Phoenix
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,10:30)

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 27 2007,10:25)
    Hi Nick

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi P,
    Do you know the whole of the commands of God?

Hi Nick

We have been on this before. However, it is entirely up to you to bring it back to the open again.

Hugs
    Phoenix

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    Is it not great that we can wear the robe of the one who did it perfectly?

Phoenix
    Participant

Hi Nick

Of course it is :)
    Edit: Great, that is

Hugs
    Phoenix

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi P,
    Is it not great that we can wear the robe of the one who did it perfectly?

Rev 14:12  Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Should your faith be in the righteousness of the Son, or in your own?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hebrews 10:5-7
    5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said:
    “Sacrifice and offering you did not desire,
    but a body you prepared for me;
    6 with burnt offerings and sin offerings
    you were not pleased.
    7 Then I said, 'Here I am—it is written about me in the scroll—
    I have come to do your will, O God.'

• Christ came into the world;
  • God prepared a body for him;
  • He came to do God's will.
Not3in1
Participant

The nature of Christ. What is Christ? Is he a man? Is he God? Is he a God-man? Is he a divine-man?

One thing is for certain – he sacrificed his life. To sacrifice means he gave something up. Does anyone think that if Jesus didn't sacrifice his life that he could have moved out of Nazareth, bought a house in the burbs and go married; maybe had a few little Jewish boys?

If your response is that he could not have done this – then what, exactly, did he sacrifice by giving up his life?

And if he could do these things – what, exactly, would he sons be? Little gods? Divine boys? Just good ol' boys?

Tim2
Participant

He is man. He is God. He is God and Man. He has all the nature and properties of God, and all the nature and properties of man. And He is one person.

He did sacrifice His life. This means He did not only passively obey the Father in going to the cross, but He also chose to go there on His own authority.

I don't know anything about the children of Jesus, but I do about His brothers. We are not God. We are man. We shall receive a body like His and be co-heirs with Him.

Tim

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Tim2,
The Word WAS God.

Not3in1
Participant

It's hard to really answer these questions, isn't it? I would think it especially hard for a Trinitarian to answer them. Because……

If Jesus is God, it really does seem impossible that he could have NOT gone to the cross, and say, changed his mind?

But the question still is…….could he have? The question still is………what did he sacrifice (besides a body prepared for him)?

NickHassan
Participant

Hi not3,
He is the lamb of God who was sacrificed.
He chose obedience in faith aware of his fate.
He lost his life and the single grain of wheat fell to the ground that we might live.
He was raised alive in the eternal Spirit of God as we hope to be too.

Not3in1
Participant

Yes, these are all marvelous things that you have mentioned.

But the questions still remain unanswered……..

Viewing 20 posts - 1,581 through 1,600 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account