Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So the godhead spoken of in this verse is a trinity God?
    So how do we worship a trinity god? One deity at a time?

Cult Buster
    Participant

NH

Hi CB,
    So the godhead spoken of in this verse is a trinity God?
    So how do we worship a trinity god? One deity at a time?

Before you dare approach the Godhead (Jehovah) for worship, carefully consider your blasphemous Arian doctrine.

Deu 6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD (Yhovah) our God (Elohiym-Plural) is one LORD  (Yhovah):

Elohiym
    gods in the ordinary sense; but specifically used (in the plural thus, especially with the article) of the supreme God;

Mark 12:29  And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord (Kurios) our God  (Theos) is one Lord (Kurios):

Jesus here in Mark 12:29  is obviously referring to Deut 6:4
    Note that Theos  is used in the place of  Elohym which is plural. Therefore Theos can be used in the context of the Godhead by Jesus’ own use of the phrase.

Exo 20:3  Thou shalt have no other gods (Elohiym) before me.
    Again Elohiym is used to indicate plurality.

Consider:

Genesis 1:1  In the beginning God (Elohiym-Plural)  created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:26   And God (Elohiym-Plural)   said, Let US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness:

In these two verses Elohiym is the Godhead.

The use of Elohiym is not in reference to pagan god magistrates or other but to the supreme God Elohiym (Jehovah).

2 Thessalonians 2:10   And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.  
     2:11   And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:  

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cb,
    That is not answering the question which is a fair one.

Cult Buster
    Participant

Trying worshipping Jehovah NH.

Jer 23:5-6 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will raise unto David a righteous Branch (Jesus), and a King shall reign and prosper, and shall execute judgment and justice in the earth.
    In his days Judah shall be saved, and Israel shall dwell safely: and this is his name whereby he shall be called, THE LORD (Yhovah)OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Mar 5:6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    Inference is not truth.

I apologize to everyone I may have offended in these forums.

Please don't look at me as an example of what a JW is, I haven't been one in over 10 years.

Anyway, I'm sorry for anyone in these forums that I've upset. I'm going to get my life on track, so I will no longer be joining in on these conversations for quite some time, if ever again.

I don't want my opinions to offend anymore people, so again I apologize to all.

The complete board is back to being your's Nick……………may your efforts of spreading “your” truth bring you all the happiness you can get from it.

And to anyone on this site that bashes the witnesses, please remember this, It's not the witnesses you are bashing, but Jehovah.

And to all you “born again” Christians who love using Jesus name……..please think about this info:

God’s name is Jehovah

“We do not say that “Jehovah” is the correct pronunciation of God's name. For that matter, neither is “Jesus” the correct pronunciation of Christ's name. But according to the Aramaic language which Christ and his apostles spoke, his name was pronounced “Yeshu'a”……. But “Jesus” is only our colloquial way of pronouncing his name, and we do not find fault with you for using it instead of Yeshu'a.

It might be added here what the meaning of the Son of God's name “Jesus” is, whilst he dwelt on earth as a man, as used by all translations. According to Weymouth this name means “Jehovah is Salvation.”(The New Testament in Modern Speech, ftnote 21 under Matthew 1:21.) He is entirely right. So every time anyone uses this name, Jesus, (which is not the original pronunciation of it in the 1st century) he is using and supporting a form of The Divine Name JEHOVAH

“Those who reject the English “Jehovah” and insist on using the Hebrew pronunciation[Yahweh] would do well to ask themselves why they say “Jesus Christ,” when that was not the way his name was pronounced in Hebrew. That is the English way, derived from the Greek language. In Hebrew, Jesus would be closer to “Yehshua” and Christ would be “Mash'edahh.” So, as we say “Jesus Christ” in the English language, we also say “Jehovah,” both being correct when speaking English.”

I again apologize to everyone I may have offended….

My only request was that you quit arguing over stupid stuff, and focus on the more important issues in these last days, but even I can't seem to stop arguing, so I'm bowing out to go do what I know I need to do to get my life back on track.

There's no need to respond to my messages anymore, because I'm now saying good buy to you all…………….

May all of your searches for “truth” bring you to what it is you are searching for.

Peace to all….I'm out!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus was not an angel before he came and he did not take on the angelic nature but the human.
    Hebrews 2:16
    For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Proclaimer
    Participant

John 17:24
    “Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world.

• If Jesus didn't preexist then God loved the idea of Christ.
  • If Jesus preexisted, then God loved Christ before the creation of the world.
Phoenix
Participant

Hi T8

If Jesus didn't preexist then God loved the idea of Christ.

But you know he did preexist

If Jesus preexisted, then God loved Christ before the creation of the world.

Ahh then… who or what was christ before the creation of the world?

Hugs
Phoenix

Phoenix
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2007,21:37)
Hi,
Jesus was not an angel before he came and he did not take on the angelic nature but the human.
Hebrews 2:16
For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

Hi Nick

Am I wrong to say that I think you took that scripture out of context? Because I dont see that verse the same way you do.

So I looked up the different versions of the scripture.

Hugs
Phoenix

NickHassan
Participant

Hi P,
Fair enough.
But the whole of Hebrews 1-2 contrasts the Christ with the angels.
Above them and for a while below them but NEVER as them.

Phoenix
Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,08:19)
Hi P,
Fair enough.
But the whole of Hebrews 1-2 contrasts the Christ with the angels.
Above them and for a while below them but NEVER as them.

Hi Nick

I see what you mean and Im at a stump at that point.

So, if he wasnt God and wasnt an Angel, then what was he?

He wasnt Son of God until he was begotten (became flesh, so I understood). Correct me though if Im wrong.

Hugs
Phoenix

NickHassan
Participant

Hi P,
The UNIQUE Son of God.
Glorious godlike being greater than all but God Himself.
His glory was seen on the mountain where he chatted with Moses and Elijah like old buddies.
How do we know it was them unless later he told the three witnesses?

Is 1:18
Participant

IF God did beget a Son “in the beginning” how then could he be a lower being than His begettor? Does not 'like beget like kind'? It's is a clear biblical precept.

How could YHWH produce progeny that is “not God”?

Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Mar. 27 2007,08:23)
I see what you mean and Im at a stump at that point.

So, if he wasnt God and wasnt an Angel, then what was he?

He wasnt Son of God until he was begotten (became flesh, so I understood). Correct me though if Im wrong.

Here is a scriptural answer for you Phoenix.

Yeshua pre-existed His incarnation as the Logos, He was in the form (Morphe = essential nature) of God, and was God (Philippian 2:6, John 1:1).

It is written, you may take it or leave it.

:)

NickHassan
Participant

Hi Is 1.18,
You say
“IF God did beget a Son “in the beginning” how then could he be a lower being than His begettor? Does not 'like beget like kind'? It's is a clear biblical precept.

How could YHWH produce progeny that is “not God”?

These are philosophical or theological questions.
Such vain reasoning has led to disastrous decisions, such as trinity, which have deceived millions.
Do they need answers given that we understand almost nothing about the nature of supernatural beings?

Participant

But it's your unspoken premise NH. I'm just challenging it….

As I understand it you hold that:

1) YHWH beget His “Son” Yeshua before His natural birth.

2) The “Son” was not YHWH, the Almighty, but a lesser being.

That is what you teach isn't it?

Participant

If YHWH was solely responsible for procreated a progeny, a Son, then that “Son” would be a clone, right? On what grounds then do you argue that He is lesser in the 'nature of His being' than His sole parent? Especially in light of the overy biblical precept of like begetting like kind. Can One being produce a clone of inferior ontology?

Makes no sense. How do you explain this?

NickHassan
Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Mar. 27 2007,09:08)
But it's your unspoken premise NH. I'm just challenging it….

As I understand it you hold that:

1) YHWH beget His “Son” Yeshua before His natural birth.

2) The “Son” was not YHWH, the Almighty, but a lesser being.

That is what you teach isn't it?

Hi Is 1.18,
God did not clone from Himself an equal.
That would have been silly and God does not do silly things.

Phoenix
Participant

Hi Is

When I read the verse of Phil 2 in its different translations then it tells me that Jesus did not see/think/consider himself equal to God.

Hugs
Phoenix

Viewing 20 posts - 1,541 through 1,560 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account