Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Those who create smoke seem to feel that simplicity is anathema and complication is necessary. But they are just smokescreens for false antichrist doctrine.
    Eph 4.14f
    ” As a result we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by very wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love we are to grow up in all aspescts into him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.
    So this I say, and affirm together with the Lord, that you walk no longer as the gentiles also walk , in the futility of their mind, being darkened in their understanding, excluded from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them, because of the hardness of their heart”

Anonymous

Original Aramaic Peshitta:

1 Corinthians 15:47 The first man who is of the earth is dust, the second man the LORD (YHWH) from heaven.
    heaven  from MarYah second human  dirt   from  earthy    first    human
     0ym4     Nm      0yrm     Nyrtd  04nrb  09r0  Nmd    0nrp9   0ymdq  04nrb

http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/

http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/Peshitta_Dummies_FirstEd.pdf

http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/WastheN….k1a.pdf

http://www.aramaicpeshitta.com/Aramaic….rds.htm

NKJV:

47The first man was of the earth, made of dust; the second Man is the LORD* from heaven

* NU-Text omits the Lord.

NU Text:  the eclectic Greek text in the twenty-sixth edition of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament (N), and in the third edition of the United Bible Societies' Greek New Testament (U)

The New John Gill Exposition of the Entire Bible:

http://www.studylight.org/com….rse=047

1 Corinthians 15:47

The first man is of the earth, earthy…
    He was formed out of the earth, (Genesis 2:7) and the word there used signifies red earth. Josephus F3 observes, that the first man was called Adam, which in the Hebrew tongue signifies red, because he was made out of red earth; for such, adds he, is the true and virgin earth: Pausanias F4 makes mention of a clay, which is not the colour of earth, but like the sand of brooks and rivers; and gives a smell very near to that of the skin, or body of men; and which is said to be the remains of that clay, out of which all mankind was made: but be that as it will, Adam was certainly made out of the earth, and had his habitation and abode assigned him in the garden of Eden, and was made to cultivate and till it; his lordship and dominion, at most and best, only extended to the terraqueous globe, and the creatures in it; and having sinned, he was not only thrust out of the garden to till the ground out of which he was taken, but doomed to return to the dust from whence he came; and whose sin and fall had such an influence on him and his posterity, as to make their souls sensual and earthly, to mind, affect, and cleave unto earthly things:

the second man is the Lord from heaven;
    as Adam was the first man, Christ is the second man; and these two are spoken of, as it they were the only two men in the world; because as the former was the head and representative of all his natural posterity, so the latter is the head and representative of all his spiritual offspring: and he is “the Lord from heaven”; in distinction from the first man, who was of the earth, and whose lordship reached only to the earth; whereas Christ is Lord of all, not only Lord of lords below, but Lord of angels and saints above; the whole family in heaven and in earth is named of him; and he has all power in heaven and in earth, and a name above every name in this world, and that to come, and is indeed higher than the heavens: this is not to be understood of his human nature, or of his human body, as if that came down from heaven, and passed through the virgin, as some heretics of old said, as water through a pipe; for though it was conceived and formed in a miraculous manner, under the overshadowing of the Holy Ghost from on high, yet was formed out of the matter and substance of the virgin, and so was of the earth; and was indeed an earthly body, supported by earthly means, and at last returned to the earth, and was interred in it: but it is to be understood either of Christ as a divine person, as the Son of God, as Lord of all, coming down from heaven at his incarnation; not by local motion, or change of place, but by assumption of the human nature into union with him, the Lord from heaven; or rather of him as he shall descend from heaven, as the Lord and Judge of all at the last day, when he will come in his glorious, spiritual, and heavenly body; and raise the righteous dead, and fashion their bodies like his own; when what follows will have its full accomplishment. The Cabalistic doctors among the Jews often speak F5 of (Nwyle Mda) , “the superior man”, and (Nwtxt Mdaw) , “the inferior man”; and in their Cabalistic table F6, in the sixth “sephirah”, or number, they place the man from above, the heavenly Adam; and, in one of their writings F7, have these remarkable words,

“(anynt Mdaw hale Mda Nam) , “who is the supreme man and the second man”, but of whom it is said, (Proverbs 30:4) “what is his name, and what is his son's name?” what is his name? this is the supreme man; what is his son's name? this is the inferior man; and both of them are intimated in that Scripture, (Exodus 3:13) “and they shall say unto me, what is his name? what shall I say?”''

Some copies, and the Vulgate Latin and Ethiopic versions; leave out the word “Lord”, and add the word “heavenly”, reading the clause thus, “the second man from heaven, heavenly”.

vicalcabasa
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2005,20:52)
    Hi I,
    1Jn 4.2
    “By this you will know the Spirit of God;every spirit that confesses that JESUS CHRIST has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God;this is the spirit of the antichrist”

If your doctrine says YHWH has come in the flesh that doctine,by scriptures own definition, is antichrist and not of God.

Think again.

Matt 16:15-17 NIV
    15 “But what about you?” he asked. “Who do you say I am?”

16 Simon Peter answered, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.”

17 Jesus replied, “Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man,
    but by my Father in heaven.

vicalcabasa
    Participant

1 Cor 8:6
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

One God the father FROM whom all things came
    One Lord Jesus Christ THROUGH whom all things came

The father FROM whom all things
    Jesus Christ THROUGH whom all things

The father FROM whom
    Jesus Christ THROUGH whom

All FROM the FATHER
    All THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM

FROM FROM FROM FROM FROM FROM FROM FROM
    THROUGH THROUGH THROUGH THROUGH THROUGH

FROM THROUGH FROM THROUGH FROM THROUGH FROM THROUGH

From the Father, through Christ. From the Father, through Christ.

Not YHWH is Jesus, YHWH through Jesus. God through Christ.

Not YHWH is JESUS, YHWH in Jesus. God in Christ.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (vicalcabasa @ July 21 2005,15:02)
    6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

The father FROM whom

All FROM the FATHER
    All THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM

Amen, Vic.
    But could you please clarify the last two sentences for me?

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 20 2005,22:20)
    Hi cubes,
    If Jesus is part of the most high God then how can he have a God? Surely a God is at least greater than you and not part of you?
    Jn 20.17
    ” ..I ascend to my Father and your Father, and my God and your God”

Hi Nick,

Yes, it takes great effort to miss the straightforwardness of it all.

Also, it suggests that God does not mean what he says or say what he means. It requires second guessing him and looking beyond and outside of what he has revealed. That's not what I find.

Anonymous

Quote (vicalcabasa @ July 21 2005,10:39)
    POINT NO. 4

In this verse you prove that Jesus the Second man whom is Lord (YHWH) from heaven.

he first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven
    (King James Version)

I look on other versions here they are…

1 Cor 15:47-48
    The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
    NIV

1 Cor 15:47
    The first man is from the earth, earthy; the second man is from heaven.
    NASU

1 Cor 15:47
    47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is of heaven.
    ASV
    GUESS WHAT, no mention of the word Lord. Why? Lets see the Greek text.

3588The
    4413first
    444man
    9999is
    1537of
    9999the
    1093earth,
    5517earthy:
    3588the
    1208second
    444man
    9999is
    the
    Lord
    1537from
    3772heaven.
    (Interlinear Transliterated Bible. Copyright © 1994 by Biblesoft)

Please notice that the word Lord is designated by 9999 which means …
    NT:9999
    inserted word {x}

This word was added by the translators for better readability in the English. There is no actual word in the Greek text. The word may be displayed in italics, or in parentheses or other brackets, to indicate that it is not in the original text.
    (from The Online Bible Thayer's Greek Lexicon and Brown Driver & Briggs Hebrew Lexicon, Copyright ©1993, Woodside Bible Fellowship, Ontario, Canada. Licensed from the Institute for Creation Research.)

I am sorry to say that your scriptural supports  were shaky and a result of forced interpretation.

Hello,
    The word is in the original text used by the KJV, and is not added by the translators.

I haven’t much time, but the translation from blue letter bible does uses the KJV that says the LORD from heaven, not an added word; and your translation is using a text that does not, then, use the same text?

However; the translation is a clear one of the meaning of the passage (as various translations that I checked use ‘second man is the LORD ( Kurios) from heaven, for He is the YHWH from heaven, as many indisputable passages declare, incarnated in a fully human form. But He is not the Father and He is YHWH of hosts who was sent by YHWH of hosts to inhabit a fully human being body of the New creation, to be the Firstborn over all the earth that Adam had been before he fell by ransoming it back for the glory of the Father to inhabit in His Presence.

BTW: Nick, as to confessing that He, the YESHUA MESSIAH ‘is come’ in the human flesh, I have most emphatically stated that He is present tense, ‘come’ in fully human being flesh. Those who try to deny His human flesh body that He is in are the gnostics, who claim that He is not in a fully human body that passage was aiming at; and the final AC will claim to have the ’spirit of Messiah’ ‘in’

From a site, http://answering-islam.org.uk/Responses/Meherally/meh2_10.htm
    about the Greek and Hebrew, ‘YHWH’ and ‘Kurios:’

“Generally, and most important, `Kurious' is a title of honor, respect, and reverence, that a servant uses to greet his master. This title is also given to the Son of God, the Messiah.
    I must also add that Jesus IS CALLED Theos is several passages of the Bible
    John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord [Kurious] and my God [THEOS].
    Note also the following: Because of fear to pronounce the name of God irreverently, the Jews read usually the word “adonai” (the Lord) instead of the name YHWH. Throughout the Septuagint (LXX), the Greek translation of the Hebrew Scriptures made by Jewish scholars before the birth of Jesus, the tetragrammaton YHWH is consistently rendered by “ho kyrios” (the Lord) as the equivalent to “adonai”. This was the main established name/title for God in the Greek translation of the Jewish scriptures. Against this background Jesus is called “ho kurios” (THE Lord). The word “kurios” itself does not mean “God”, but its use in the scriptures make it unmistakably clear what it means if God's main title is applied to Jesus. It is similar to the Arabic. “ar-Rabb” in the Arabic does not mean “God”, it means “the Lord”. However, there is only one who deserves that name, the Lord God. No Muslim would dare to call anyone else “ar-Rabb”. When speaking about ar-Rabb, it is clear to everyone that Allah is meant. In the same way, it was clear to any Jew, that ho Kurios was God.”

NickHassan
    Participant

HiI,
    “God was
    IN
    Christ
    reconciling the world to Himself”

God was not incarnate, the Son of God was sent by God,partook of flesh and was filled with the “fullness of deity” at his baptism in the water and The Spirit of God.

God was not Christ
    God was not IN Himself.
    Christ was the vessel for the “Finger of God” to work in among his people.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Peter said of Jesus
    ” You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”

I agree with that as it reflects the statements Jesus made about himself. Jesus also showed such a statement reflects inner teaching by the Holy Spirit.

So if God was in Christ he was in the Son of God, in flesh-the vessel.

vicalcabasa
    Participant

Quote (Cubes @ July 21 2005,18:38)
    Amen, Vic.  

Sure cubes,

YHWH is not Jesus
    YHWH is the Father of JEsus
    and Jesus is the son of the Father, the one true living God.

Father is not JEsus. THe FAther is in Jesus.
    (THe fulness of God dwells in Him)

i search search search searh, i think think think think
    about the nature of Jesus
    and i always come back to the same same same conclusion
    that the bible has described Jesus the best.

and that is…
    He is the Christ, son of the living God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes v,
    by His Spirit. God IS in heaven.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Is 48.16
    ” Come near to me, listen to this; from the first I have not spoken in secret, from the time it took place I was there and now the Lord God has sent me, and His Spirit”

The Word of God speaks, who was with God in the beginning-from the first-and he was sent by God. And God also sent His Spirit to him to be in Him to minister to men.

Thomas rightly recognised the vessel and the contents and worshipped God.

Anonymous

The father FROM whom

All FROM the FATHER
    All THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM

Amen, Vic.  

Actually, He didn't complete his sentence :D

Hello,
    You got the First Person and the Second Person down real well; but You left the third Person out!

From the Father, through the WORD -who came to inhabit human flesh as the Son of God (who had no beginning, no genealogy, no Father, no mother, as YHWH of hosts, the Word of God)

And By the Spirit.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

By,
    by
    by, His Spirit.

Three in One -Israel’s “YHWH ‘our’ Elohim, who is One YHWH”.

He was not named Jesus Christ in His Pre-incarnation, for He was the Word of the LORD who framed the heavens by His spirit.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Acts 17: 28 “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi I,
    So who raised Jesus from the dead?
    Whose Spirit is in Christ?
    Whose Spirit dwells in us who are in Christ?
    Who will raise us from the dead?
    By Whose Spirit?

Not three in one.

Two working together as one with the Son empowered by the Spirit of the Father.

Two.

God [the Father]
    and
    The only begotten Son of God who was a vessel for God as Spirit.

And the Spirit of God, never separate from God, doing the work of the Source of that Spirit in Christ and wherever His Spirit is poured out.

Anonymous

Quote (Guest @ July 22 2005,04:30)

The father FROM whom

All FROM the FATHER
    All THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM the FATHER
    THROUGH Jesus Christ

FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM
    FROM WHOM, THROUGH WHOM

Amen, Vic.  

Actually, He didn't complete his sentence :D

Hello,
    You got the First Person and the Second Person down real well; but You left the third Person out!

From the Father, through the WORD -who came to inhabit human flesh as the Son of God (who had no beginning, no genealogy, no Father, no mother, as YHWH of hosts, the Word of God)

And  By the Spirit.

Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

By,
    by
    by, His Spirit.

Three in One -Israel’s “YHWH ‘our’ Elohim, who is One YHWH”.

He was not named Jesus Christ in His Pre-incarnation, for He was the Word of the LORD who framed the heavens by His spirit.

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Acts 17: 28 “For in him we live, and move, and have our being; as certain also of your own poets have said, For we are also his offspring.”

I meant to quote 'who garnished the heavens by His Spirit'.

The Father, through the WORD, by His Spirit
    The Word:
    Rev 19:12 His eyes [were] as a flame of fire, and on his head [were] many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi I,
    How many times is the Holy Spirit referred to as
    “The Spirit of God”
    or
    “His Spirit”
    or
    “My Spirit”

in the Word of God?

Many times. Since God is Spirit and spirit is an essential part of living beings then where does it say that God's Spirit becomes totally separate from the Source of that Spirit to the extent that it has life in itself for a separate will and personality?

It does not. Now if you expect us to accept three persons in one God [including the Spirit of God !]then surely such information would be the very important basis for such a claim.

On the surface such a claim is absurd as the Spirit is the Spirit of God no matter where and how it is expressed unless you can show the scriptural time of complete division between the different persons you describe.

The Son is said to be begotten but the Spirit?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,04:50)
    Hi I,
    How many times is the Holy Spirit referred to as
    “The Spirit of God”
    or
    “His Spirit”
    or
    “My Spirit”

in the Word of God?

Many times. Since God is Spirit and spirit is an essential part of living beings then where does it say that God's Spirit becomes totally separate from the Source of that Spirit to the extent that it has life in itself for a separate will and personality?

It does not. Now if you expect us to accept three persons in one God [including the Spirit of God !]then surely such information would be the very important basis for such a claim.

On the surface such a claim is absurd as the Spirit is the Spirit of God no matter where and how it is expressed unless you can show the scriptural time of complete division between the different persons you describe.

The Son is said to be begotten but the Spirit?

Hello Nick,
    The Father raised Jesus from the dead, Jesus raised Himself from the dead, and the Holy Spirit raised Jesus from the dead;
    -I bet you know those verses!

The Holy Ghost, or Holy Spirit, is always a separate Person in the One YHWH (who is the Elohim -plural- of Israel), just as the YHWH who came to inhabit human flesh as the Firstborn of the Father in His humanity is always a separate Person in the One YHWH, from the Person of the Father.

The Father, who is Spirit, and unapproachable light, in whom the Son dwells and reveals Him to whom He will, can never be seen, has never been seen, and is never seen (revealed to to whom the 'Son' wills -only through the Son who is YHWH incarnate can anyone have the Father revealed to them).

He left man in His 'Presence of indwelling glory' at the fall, and the first death began (separation from the Presence of His glory); but the Holy Spirit never left man and will never leave man until those who are resurrected unregenerated are cast body and soul into the lake of fire, which is the outer darkness where His light never shines and His Holy Spirit never dwells among, or in, or with those who shall suffer the blackness of darkness forever.

At this time, while it is 'Today”, Jesus Christ is the Light that lights every man that comes into the world, by His Spirit; but that Spirit that lights every man that comes into the world is not the Father, YHWH, for all who come into the world are dead to the Father, who are born in Adam's image and likeness -Dead! -to Him.

His Spirit is a Person, one of three, of the 'YHWH our Elohim, One YHWH'.

Isa 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or [being] his counsellor hath taught him?

No one has taught the Holy Spirit, who is the 'Him' of this passage, a separate Person of YHWH.

Isa 63:10 'But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, [and] he fought against them.'

His Holy Spirit turned, as a Person, and fought against them.

Gal 4:6 “And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.”

He, the Holy Spirit, is the Person, who is the Comforter who is Sent by the Father 'in the name of the Son':- -the New Man name of the Son, not the YHWH name (which is Jesus, 'YESHUA'- sent to those who are adopted into His New Man family, as the Adam family is dead to the Father and cannot be glorified again with His Presence of glory.

Jhn 14:26 “But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.”

He, the Person of YHWH who is the Comorter, shall teach 'you' (the witnesses chosen to be His witnesses) all …I have said to you.

Act 5:32 'And we are his witnesses of these things; and [so is] also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.'

He is a Person who is a 'witness' to all these things…

Act 15:28 'For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things;'

He is the Person to whom 'it seemed good'….

Act 20:23 'Save that the Holy Ghost witnesseth in every city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.'

He is the Person of YHWH who 'witnesseth'….

Act 21:11 'And when he was come unto us, he took Paul's girdle, and bound his own hands and feet, and said, Thus saith the Holy Ghost, So shall the Jews at Jerusalem bind the man that owneth this girdle, and shall deliver [him] into the hands of the Gentiles.'

“Thus saith the Holy Ghost”

He speaks, personally.

Hbr 10:15 '[Whereof] the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,…'

He is the Person of YHWH who witnesses.

THe Holy Spirit is not the Father, but His Spirit, just as the Word is His Word, who came to inhabit flesh forever; anyone who denies that the Word came to inhabit human flesh forever -in the present tense- is of the spirit of antichrist, says John, for the present tense is used of His coming in the flesh.

Do you believe that the Son of God 'is come' in fully human flesh, present tense, abiding in fully human flesh forever?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Spirit of God is not a person as revealed in the Word of God. That is the derivation of men.

God raised Jesus from the dead as scripture witnesses many many times. How many scriptural witnesses do you have for the Son of God raising himself [apart from the quotes of his hateful persecutors?one]or for the Spirit of God raising the Son of God?

God was indeed revealed in Jesus Christ but was not Jesus Christ himself. He “was IN Christ reconciling the world to Himself.”

All the sleight of hand in the world does not make the only begotten Son of God still a part of God from whom he was begotten.

The Spirit is “of God” and as so God can be grieved or insulted through His Spirit. The Spirit is the minister of God's grace and comfort and wisdom and power to men in eternity who are in Jesus. If the Spirit is a person how can a person be manifested in millions dead and alive?

Surely you would know these things if that Spirit is manifested in you?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 22 2005,02:19)
    Thomas rightly recognised the vessel and the contents and worshipped God.

Nick Hassan,
    If being a vessel for the Holy Spirit is qualification enough for being addressed as “My Lord and my God” can all spirit-filled christians rightly be addressed in like manner?

If not, why not?

Anonymous

Jesus said “when two or more are gathered in my name I will be there”. God can be in more than one place at any one time Nick. Don't you know this?

Viewing 20 posts - 661 through 680 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account