Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Yes FYI,
    But the Spirit of Christ is not his own spirit but the Spirit of God which was in Him.

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,21:58)
    Yes FYI,
    But the Spirit of Christ is not his own spirit but the Spirit of God which was in Him.

Nick,

Can you back that statement up with scripture?

It doesn't fit with:

Galatians 4:6 – Because you are sons, God sent the SPIRIT IF HIS SON into
    our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, “Abba, Father.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of his Son. Jesus was born with his own spirit like any of us, and like us was filled with the Spirit of God which was his power. That Spirit of God can now be called the Spirit of Christ as well.
    Do you think we are filled with two Spirits?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,22:16)
    Hi FYI,
    The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of his Son. Jesus was born with his own spirit like any of us, and like us was filled with the Spirit of God which was his power. That Spirit of God can now be called the Spirit of Christ as well.
    Do you think we are filled with two Spirits?

Nick,

I appreciate the comments but that has nothing to do with scripture without which what you say is meaningless.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FYI,
    Then I suggest you read Romans 8 and tell me how many Spirits are mentioned there, or are they the one Spirit we are baptised in that Paul speaks of?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,22:24)
    Hi FYI,
    Then I suggest you read Romans 8 and tell me how many Spirits are mentioned there, or are they the one Spirit we are baptised in that Paul speaks of?

Nick,

I was simply asking for a scripture that you could provide to back up your doctrine – if you can't I understand.

NickHassan
    Participant

What exactly do you want and cannot find yourself FYI?

Anonymous

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 23 2005,22:46)
    What exactly do you want and cannot find yourself FYI?

This is another converging thread.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2005,23:23)
    Quite so F4Y,
    He spoke through the prophets till He sent His Son to teach us. How does that imply the Son did not exist till then sorry?

Peace greetings Nick,

I believe that Yahshua was a “begotten son” , not an “eternal son”. “Eternal son” is unscriptual and I believe that it is one of those trinitaian buzz words of deception and a mere doctrine of men.

“Begotten son” is found in Scripture 8 times (John 1:14,18, 3:16,18; Acts 13:33; Hebrews 1:5, 5:5; 1 John 4:9).

Do you know how many times “eternal son” is found in Scripture? :;):

Anonymous

Frank,

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a reply to my previus question – “Are you 'born-again' of the Spirit of God?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 24 2005,19:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 22 2005,23:23)
    Quite so F4Y,
    He spoke through the prophets till He sent His Son to teach us. How does that imply the Son did not exist till then sorry?

Peace greetings Nick,

I believe that Yahshua was a “begotten son” , not an “eternal son”. “Eternal son” is unscriptual and I believe that it is one of those trinitaian buzz words of deception and a mere doctrine of men.

“Begotten son” is found in Scripture 8 times (John 1:14,18, 3:16,18; Acts 13:33; Hebrews 1:5, 5:5; 1 John 4:9).

Do you know how many times “eternal son” is found in Scripture? :;):

Hi F4Y,
    Three of the verses indeed quote Ps 2 speaking of the begotten Son. But the other 4 speak of the “only begotten Son”-“monogenes”. Surely you know the words used are quite different and certainly “only begotten” does not simply mean “born”.
    Can you expand on your intentions here and show us how the words can be shown together as if they meant the same?

Anonymous

Quote (SearchingForTheTruth @ April 13 2003,01:34)
    Hello,
    T8 I enjoy the discussion group and for bringing some questions into light concerning the trinity. Ramblinrose, I also appreciate your posts for you have also done a very thorough study. I have to say that I am in agreement that there is one GOD, the father, and one Lord, Jesus Christ. I do have some questions concerning Jesus and I would like to have some feedback or a discussion concerning the following questions:

Was Christ born before creation?
    Was Christ Eternal?
    Was Jesus Divine or Human? or Both?

I ask these questions because there happens to be 2 conflitcing thoughts about Jesus outside of the Trinity and Oneness groups.

Thought 1. Jesus was born/begotton before creation and came to earth in flesh as a man. (Was he only a man?, Did he have divine attributes? Was his only divinity the father inside of him or did he possess some of his own? If you are the same nature of something IE GOD, would you not have some divine attributes? A human is born as a human and carries human attributes.)

Thought 2. Jesus's only birth was that of Mary and thus he was fully human, the only divinity within him was the father working thru him. The father is the father in the literal sense using his spirit to impregnate Mary.

This is where I am at in crossroads to when Jesus came into being and what attributes does Jesus possess. An open discussion on this would be helpful as it will trigger some thoughts in search of the truth.

GOD BLESS

Hello to every one, Peace of Christ.

I have read some of the erroneous views of God, who's Name is Jesus, and who He is a Holy Spirit acording to John 4:24 and 1 Peter 2:16….satan has done a good job on us, he has been able to take us away from Jesus and it looks like eternally, not me, i changed some years ago, and last year i made my last change..i started to keep the Sabbath….Now! i know i went around through most of the protestant denominations just to find out that they are nothing but catholics dressed as christians, how do i knew that?….i was a catholic for over 40 years and i studied some time to be a priest, so i knew some of the history of the catholic church, but then something happend in my life and i went into protestantism, just to find out they are as lost as the catholics, now i got out of them too as the bible says…get out of her my people Rev. 18:4 and therefore still remains a Sabbath-Rest for the people of God..if anyone can not understand the word Still and remains, and for the people of God, he/she deserves to go to hell….Now. i am open to anyone who wants to learn the truth as i did, how The Lord revealed to me everything, why? because no pastor wanted to follow the right doctrine, and now i have read some of the writtings of this fellow in “Heven Net}..there are pitifull, but i know, i was one of them.

O.K. i see some disagreement regarding who Jesus is..the bible says it very. very clearly…but we need to have the Holy Spirit in Us….and how we do that?….first believing that He is the God of the bible and secondly getting baptized in His Name (as a matter of fact i will be baptizing the first true Christians in 1800 years)….now you people can start doing that wherever you live…..the begining of the end is about to start….

Happy Holy Sabbath Day……..God Bless….Brother James

NickHassan
    Participant

Hin James,
    Jesus said he is the Son of God. Do you disagree with him?

NickHassan
    Participant

HiJ,
    Lk 22.66
    ” When it was day the Council of elders of the people assembled, both chief priests and scribes, and they led hima way totheir chamber saying
    ' If you are the Christ, tell us”
    But he said to them
    ' If I tell you, you will not believe; and if I ask a question , you will not answer. But from now on the Son of Man will be seated at the right hand of the power of god'
    And they all said
    'Are you ths Son of God, then?'
    And he said to them
    'Yes,I am'
    then they said
    ” What further need do we have of testimony? For we have heard it ourselves from his own mouth”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    Mk 14.61
    “… Again the high priest was questioning him, and saying to him
    ' Are you the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?'
    And Jesus said
    'I am..”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    God said
    “This is my beloved Son in whom I am well pleased”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    Peter said
    “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    Mark said
    ” The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    John the Baptist said
    ” I myself have seen and have testified that this is the Son of God”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J,
    Nathaniel said
    ” Rabbi, you are the Son of God; you are the King of Israel”

Viewing 20 posts - 501 through 520 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account