Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Father Yahweh is our Supreme Redeemer. This is even made known in the name of His son. The name Yahshua means 'Yahweh is redeemers'. :)

Redemption

Anonymous

We bow our knee and confess Christ is Lord and We stand before Christ and give account of ouselve to Him (God – Romans 14:11)

Isaiah 9:6 – For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Matthew 1:23 – “Behold, a virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and his name shall be called Emmanuel” (which means, God with us).

Isaiah 45:21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me. 22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. 23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Romans 14: 10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. 11 For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. 12 So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God.

Philippians 2:10 – that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, 11 and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

John 8:58 – Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I AM. 59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

John 5:18 – Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

John 10:33 – The Jews answered him, “It is not for a good work that we stone you but for blasphemy; because you, being a man, make yourself God.”

Anonymous

I know Him, you need to meet Him:

2 Timothy 1:12 – For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

Revelation 1:8 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Isaiah 44:6 – Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Isaiah 48:12 – Hearken unto me, O Jacob and Israel, my called; I am he; I am the first, I also am the last.

Revelation 1:11 – Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Revelation 1:17 – And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Revelation 2:8 – And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Revelation 22:13 – I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Yahshua said, “But I do not seek My own esteem; There is One Who seeks it, and He judges.” (Yahchanan [John] 8:50, cf. 5:30)

Praise be to Yahweh! “HalleluYAHWEH!” :)

Anonymous

Quote (Frank4YAHWEH @ June 21 2005,18:37)
    Yahshua said, “But I do not seek My own esteem; There is One Who seeks it, and He judges.” (Yahchanan [John] 8:50, cf. 5:30)

Praise be to Yahweh! “HalleluYAHWEH!”  :)

Christ came with a three purpose agenda:

1) Reveal the Character of God: LOVE, Mercy, Justice, Righteousness
    2) Give Us and example of righteous living
    3) Pay the price for our sins

If He sought His own exaltation He would have failed at Mission no. 2

Phillipians ch. 2

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Yahweh Our Heavenly Father and Creator Is Not His Son Yahshua whom He anointed and appointed as King and raised from the dead (resurrected). :D

Anonymous

Jesus was both God and man. That this is so, is known from the revelation of the Scripture. How exactly this is so, is a mystery. Mystery, however, is not the same as contradiction! Although the incarnation is the greatest of mysteries, and we will never fully comprehend how Jesus can be both God and man, we can confess that Jesus is both fully God and fully man and yet be one person. The Scripture speaks of Him in this manner, and so must we. Harold O.J. Brown has spoken a fitting word concerning the understanding and explanation of mysteries:

The New Testament message confronts believers with a number of formidable mysteries and at the same time calls upon them to use their minds in the effort to proclaim and interpret them. There is a point in the proclamation of the mystery where human understanding reaches its limit. To stop too soon in the effort to understand and to interpret leaves the believer facing a contradiction or an absurdity; to go too far often leads him into a logical impossibility. One of the greatest challenges to the Christian witness is to explain as much as can be explained, and thus not to leave believers in ignorance where clarification is possible, but to stop when the limits of understanding have been reached, and thus not trespass the mystery of God. 16

We must be careful in our attempt to explain how Jesus could be both God and man that we do not under-explain or over-explain it. Both of these tendencies will lead us into error. We can affirm what we know is true, and affirm what we know cannot be true about Christ's person, but we can never pin our theological tail right on the donkey. We can box in the truth to a smaller dimension of understanding by affirming certain things and negating other things about Christ, but we can never pinpoint the exact nature of the hypostatic union.

The box of limitation which surrounds the exact truth of the union cautions us that we must not deny either the fullness of His deity or the fullness of His humanity, and that we be careful to not explain the unity of His two natures in such a fashion that it makes Jesus into two separate persons in one body, one unified person that compromises either nature, or one person who is some third substance that is neither God or man. Jesus, although both fully God and fully man, is nevertheless one unified person. This is the mystery of the incarnation, and oh what a mystery it is!

http://www.apostolic.net/biblicalstudies/dualnature.htm

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

To believe “Jesus is God” is to be deceived!
    Yahweh Our Heavenly Father and Creator is Not His Son Yahshua whom He anointed and appointed as King and raised from the dead.

Anonymous

Frank,

John 20.28: Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”

Titus 1.3-4: in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior; 4 to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Tit 2.13: looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds

2 Peter 1.1: Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

So in your opinion Paul, Peter, John, and Thomas were all what? Deluded?

I think I will believe them, not you!

Thank You for your concern though.

Anonymous

Im with you FYI. We take the words of the NT writers literally and we are called deluded?!? Frank it is just so obvious that Jesus pre-existed, I think it is you who is deluded friend. I hope you will find the truth.
    Peace.

liljon
    Participant

There is no reason to deny his pre-esitence.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi liljon,
    Show me the word trinity in the bible please.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 21 2005,22:29)
    Frank,

Titus 1.3-4: in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior; 4 to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.

Tit 2.13: looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus; 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds

2 Peter 1.1: Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ

So in your opinion Paul, Peter, John, and Thomas were all what?  Deluded?

No FYI,
    But they did know what people meant when they spoke of God. They knew whom Jesus Christ called his God. They knew what the scriptures meant when they spoke of God 3000 times.

They did not get confused by the few scriptures that you have highlighted here that may speak of the separate divine nature of the Son of God.

You are outside of their beliefs FYI and I have concerns for you.

callsign
    Participant

John 20.28: Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!” This was a fullfillment of prophesy when you see Me you will also see the Father.

Titus 1.3-4: in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior; 4 to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior. Your basing a statement that says one thing then says another? Your basically saying God the Father is the Savior then God the Father and Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior. In most english verses stating what your stating is an OXY moron. If you read it in the light of a none backing of the trinity it isn't.

2 Peter 1.1: Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Now what your doing is taking once again an english mistake of how you are reading then reading without a comma.

S

Anonymous

Quote (callsign @ June 22 2005,10:42)
    John 20.28: Thomas answered and said to Him, “My Lord and my God!”  This was a fullfillment of prophesy when you see Me you will also see the Father.

Titus 1.3-4: in the proclamation with which I was entrusted according to the commandment of God our Savior; 4 to Titus, my true child in a common faith: Grace and peace from God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.  Your basing a statement that says one thing then says another? Your basically saying God the Father is the Savior then God the Father and Lord Jesus Christ is the Savior. In most english verses stating what your stating is an OXY moron. If you read it in the light of a none backing of the trinity it isn't.

2 Peter 1.1: Simon Peter, a bond-servant and apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have received a faith of the same kind as ours, by the righteousness of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Now what your doing is taking once again an english mistake of how you are reading then reading without a comma.

S

Luke 2:11 – For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

John 4:42 – And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Acts 5:31 – Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.

Acts 13:23 – Of this man's seed hath God according to his promise raised unto Israel a Saviour, Jesus:

Philippians 3:20 – For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:

1 Timothy 1:1 – Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;

1 Timothy 2:3 – For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1 Timothy 4:10 – For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

2 Timothy 1:10 – But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

Titus 1:3 – But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; 4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

Titus 2:10 – Not purloining, but shewing all good fidelity; that they may adorn the doctrine of God our Saviour in all things.

Titus 2:13 – Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

Titus 3:4 – But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared,

Titus 3:6 – Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;

2 Peter 1:1 – Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2 Peter 1:11 – For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 2:20 – For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

2 Peter 3:2 – That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

2 Peter 3:18 – But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

1 John 4:14 – And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

Jude 1:25 – To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Hosea 13:4 – Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

Clear as a bell to me!

callsign
    Participant

I am not meaning to be rude, but what is clear as a bell? That God is a Saviour because He sent his only Son to die on the cross because he knew that later on it became very hard for people to follow the Law. So he sent His Son to Die on the Cross and become the Saviour of all of us?

So God and Jesus are both Saviours?

Since you are trying to prove the trinity doctrine, I have one question WHY on earth would you believe in anything that was forced on people to believe in or they would have civil punishments from your church such as death, excommunication, and other civil punishments. Many Many Many deaths were because people refused to believe in your doctrine. Why would you even remotley want to support a doctrine that would kill another living being? Isn't Jesus the one that judges death? Seems like they were right when they said the thief comes to Kill, Steal, and Destroy. That is all that the trinity theory has done to all of mankind.

S

Anonymous

Quote (callsign @ June 22 2005,11:39)
    I am not meaning to be rude, but what is clear as a bell? That God is a Saviour because He sent his only Son to die on the cross because he knew that later on it became very hard for people to follow the Law. So he sent His Son to Die on the Cross and become the Saviour of all of us?

Since you are trying to prove the trinity doctrine, I have one question WHY on earth would you believe in anything that was forced on people to believe in or they would have civil punishments from your church such as death, excommunication, and other civil punishments. Many Many Many deaths were because people refused to believe in your doctrine. Why would you even remotley want to support a doctrine that would kill another living being? Isn't Jesus the one that judges death? Seems like they were right when they said the thief comes to Kill, Steal, and Destroy. That is all that the trinity theory has done to all of mankind.

S

How many “saviors” are listed as absolute quantity in the OT?

How many “saviors” are listed as absolute quantity in the NT?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 22 2005,13:03)

Quote (callsign @ June 22 2005,11:39)

S

How many “saviors” are listed as absolute quantity in the OT?

How many “saviors” are listed as absolute quantity in the NT?

Hi FYI,
    God saves through Jesus Christ His Son. Seems simple to me.

Frank4YAHWEH
    Participant

Quote (Guest @ June 21 2005,22:29)
    Frank,

So in your opinion Paul, Peter, John, and Thomas were all what?  Deluded?

FYI,

Thomas' statement in John 20:28 is not directed to Yahshua calling him Almighty Father Yahweh, but is communicatively praising Father Yahweh because of what he has just witnessed.

The rest of the passages that you posted when using the translation 'God' is in reference to Father Yahweh, not His son Yahshua. Saviour is in reference to Yahshua because Father Yahweh gave all power to Yahshua including redemptive power. Father Yahweh is our Surpreme Redeemer. Redemption comes THROUGH Yahshua, but is of Father Yahweh. Note that the Name Yahshua means, 'Yahweh is Redeemer'.

Anonymous

There is still only echad Savior.

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account