Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

SURE DONE ALOT OF MIRACLES! He was called Emmanuel too ” God with us!” Creator too in Col. Act;2;36 tells us Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and 39 says the Lord(NO CAPITALS) is our God! Humm?

katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hio Kat,
    Are you now convinced he was not the Son of God but God Himself?
    Peter would dieagree.

You are the Christ, the Son of the living God he said by the wisdom of God's Spirit.
    You know better?

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

To all,

1 Timothy 2:5 reads:Quote

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

This scripture teaches us many things of which I am going to address just a few.

1) Jesus is called a mere man.
    2) He is a mere man who God appointed to mediated between God and mankind.
    3) He is a mere man after his ascension to heaven.

As all of these are true then why do so many not believe them?

could you explain how you come to that conclusion in the scriptures (your item #3 that is)

as for item #2;could elaborate more why?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 21 2010,14:30)
    SURE DONE ALOT OF MIRACLES! He was called Emmanuel too ” God with us!” Creator too in Col.
    Act;2;36 tells us Jesus is both Lord and Christ, and 39 says the Lord(NO CAPITALS) is our God! Humm?

katjo

Hi Katjo,

You TT and WJ are spreading a LOT of misinformation here: Read about it by Clicking Here

God Bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 21 2010,13:53)
    kerwin

To all,

1 Timothy 2:5 reads:

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

This scripture teaches us many things of which I am going to address just a few.

1) Jesus is called a mere man.
    2)  He is a mere man who God appointed to mediated between God and mankind.
    3) He is a mere man after his ascension to heaven.

As all of these are true then why do so many not believe them?

could you explain how you come to that conclusion in the scriptures (your item #3 that is)

as for item #2;could elaborate more why?

As for point three, The word in 1 Timothy 2:5 is rendered human being and as far as I  know all human beings are mere men.  Some may disagree but I know of no support for their argument in scripture.

In regards to point two I was applying the idea of apointment from Matthew 28:18 to 1 Timothy 2:5 by replacing “Lord” with “Mediator”.

Other support I can think of offhand is Hebrews 2:9.

Please forgive me error in rendering “mediate” past tense in my previous post.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin
    first ,it is true that in the scripture it say from God 'that men is mere 'so little ,not criticaly importante ,
    relatif to all creation ,;Ps 39:6 Man is a mere phantom as he goes to and fro:
    He bustles about, but only in vain;
    he heaps up wealth, not knowing who will get it.
    Ps 82:7 But you will die like mere men

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    Jesus is a man anointed by God.
    To make him into a trinity with his God is to bring God down to man's level.

Only those who do not fear God would do such dangerous things.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

ok i am back ,Jesus is true was a man in flesh but what about his spirit ,he is the word of God who came down so there should be a difference ,wen he died it was is flesh who died not is spirit

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T,
    He was a man and no matter what his origins might have been his own spirit left him when he died.
    [Mt 27.50]
    Now he lives only by the abiding eternal Spirit of God.
    That too is our hope.

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

in point 2, Christ was the image of mosses ,as a mediator for God s people,this is why Paul sais that he was a better mediator,it is obvious he give us everlasting live wen mosses only gives the law,

as of your item 3;this is false to me because is body died not is spirit ,and according to scriptures is body serves as sacrifice,he is priest for ever,
    any one who believe that jesus is and still a mere man does not come from God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2010,02:53)
    kerwin

in point 2, Christ was the image of mosses ,as a mediator for God s people,this is why Paul sais that he was a better mediator,it is obvious he give us everlasting live wen mosses only gives the law,

as of your item 3;this is false to me because is body died not is spirit ,and according to scriptures is body serves as sacrifice,he is priest for ever,
    any one who believe that jesus is and still a mere man does not come from God.

Then Paul does not come from God because he is the one that wrote 1st Timothy 2:5 which calls Jesus a man.

Do you have any scripture to support the idea that there are mere men and super men?

I suppose you could call the wicked mere men, Psalms 82:7, and the righteous super men as the later are called sons of God.  I do not believe that is the point that you are attempting to make.

It is necessary to believe that Jesus is a “mere” man so that you also believe he had no advantage in his battles against the temptations of sin but the Holy Spirit which he sends to those that believe.  To encourage such faith it is also written:

Hebrews 4:15 reads:

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.

Note:  The promise of the Law is also eternal life.  Ezekiel 18:23

The difference of the new covenant and old covenant is that in the new those that believe receive the spirit of righteousness and if they choose to walk according to its ways they will live just as God promised through Ezekiel.  Under the old covenant all one had was the spirit of this world and so at best could only be credited with righteousness.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 22 2010,02:45)
    kerwin

ok i am back ,Jesus is true was a man in flesh but what about his spirit ,he is the word of God who came down so there should be a difference ,wen he died it was is flesh who died not is spirit

It is true that are flesh is merely a tent of our soul and that upon his death Jesus vacated his corruptible flesh. Then he was resurrected into a new tent that is incorruptible and yet remained a human even to the point of being called a descendant of mankind, i.e. Son of Man, in scripture. Mark 14:62

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    The tent he was raised in was his old tattered and torn one.
    He showed the holes to his brothers.

Like with us I expect he was given his new one when he was lifted from the earth.

Elizabeth
    Participant

All of you

You been looking for Jesus since 2003, give it up, he will be here before you figure it out anyway.

Georg

terraricca
    Participant

kerwin

in Mark wen Jesus says that” you will see the son of man descended on the clouds”this is not literal,because you cannot see in the clouds, it was the clouds who took him away from site at his ascend to heaven.

Christ also said that flesh and blood (body)cannot go in heaven.

look what it says here;Jn 3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.
    Jn 6:51 I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever. This bread is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.”

this is why Christ was in the flesh he was not born from the flesh but from the spirit do you see that and understand that ??so wen he died he becam what he was before a spirit being “the word”

kerwin
    Participant

Terraruca wrote:

in Mark when Jesus says that” you will see the son of man descended on the clouds” this is not literal, because you cannot see in the clouds, it was the clouds who took him away from site at his ascend to heaven.

You may be correct and Jesus appearing in the clouds may not be meant literally but he is still the descendant of mankind according to that scripture.

Terraruca wrote:

I remember Paul stating that but not Jesus.   The Spirit of Christ was speaking through Paul at the time.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44(NIV) reads:

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
    If there is a natural body, there is also a spiritual body.

A spirit without flesh and bone is a phantasm and the resurrected Jesus who ascended to heave was not a phantasm according to scripture.

The teaching is  about a “spiritual body” and not spirit.  

In verse 39 of the same chapter when speaking of this spiritual body he states “All flesh is not the same”.

So there is spiritual flesh as well as sensual flesh and the sensual cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven.

As we see from after Jesus provided an example of what would be and he was touched by his students and even ate with them.

Whatever the situation Jesus is still a human being as will those who believe after the time of judgment.

terraricca
    Participant

Kerwin
    the body that Christ ad after resurection was not the same one of that he died with,other wise his disciples would have recognized him and they did not,and is body was and offering it ad to be destroyed or it would not have been a offering.

and Christ is not human no more,this is wrong teachings,if Paul tell us that we would be changed at least the one for they heavenly call,into a different type of body,more powerful,impirisable,incoruptible.ect;

1Co 15:35 But someone may ask, “How are the dead raised? With what kind of body will they come?”
    1Co 15:36 How foolish! What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.
    1Co 15:37 When you sow, you do not plant the body that will be, but just a seed, perhaps of wheat or of something else.
    1Co 15:38 But God gives it a body as he has determined, and to each kind of seed he gives its own body.
    1Co 15:39 All flesh is not the same: Men have one kind of flesh, animals have another, birds another and fish another.
    1Co 15:40 There are also heavenly bodies and there are earthly bodies; but the splendor of the heavenly bodies is one kind, and the splendor of the earthly bodies is another.
    1Co 15:41 The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
    1Co 15:42 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable;
    1Co 15:43 it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power;
    1Co 15:44 it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
    1Co 15:45 So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living being” ; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit.
    1Co 15:46 The spiritual did not come first, but the natural, and after that the spiritual.
    1Co 15:47 The first man was of the dust of the earth, the second man from heaven.
    1Co 15:48 As was the earthly man, so are those who are of the earth; and as is the man from heaven, so also are those who are of heaven.
    1Co 15:49 And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven.
    1Co 15:50 I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable

in those scriptures Paul explain that like ther are on earth different bodys so there diferent bodys in the heaven (constlation) and so they are also different bodys in the heaven for the beings,

and go on to say that wen we die (heavenly call)we would be changed from our weak,fleshly body's to a powerfull,incorruptible,body ect;

flesh and blood belong to the earth not in heaven

kerwin
    Participant

Terraricca wrote:

flesh and blood belong to the earth not in heaven

He is teaching that perishable blood and bone do not inherit the kingdom of heaven which is why he also states “nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable”.

Terraricca wrote:

Do you believe that God rescuing our spirit from body is the resurrection.

Terraricca wrote:

the body that Christ ad after resurrection was not the same one of that he died with

I agree since his body was changed from a perishable one to imperishable one and in that twinkling of an eye he arose alive from the grave in a body that could not die even from the mortal wounds he still bore.  In this he bore testimony of what would be on the day of judgment.

1 Corinthians 15:51-53(NIV) reads:

Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality.

Terraricca wrote:

and Christ is not human no more,

And yet  1 Timothy 2:5 calls him a human being who intercedes between God and humankind.  In his change he is an example of all that will follow him.  Is 1 Timothy a  false letter?

Jesus spoke as a mere man to encourage us mere men with these words as he serves as our example of what can be accomplished by obeying all of his teachings and so living by the Spirit,

John 16:33(NIV) reads:

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

And

1 John 5:3-5(NIV) reads:

This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 22 2010,06:42)
    Hi KW,
    The tent he was raised in was his old tattered and torn one.
    He showed the holes to his brothers.

Like with us I expect he was given his new one when he was lifted from the earth.

I have to disagree.  Please read 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 which tells of the resurrection of the dead as well as the change from mortality to immortality.   Jesus body was changed from a mortal body to immortal one and that is how he was resurrected.  

We know that he had an immortal body because his mortal wounds did not kill him all over again. John 20:24-27.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Feb. 23 2010,00:58)
    Terraruca wrote:

in Mark when Jesus says that” you will see the son of man descended on the clouds” this is not literal, because you cannot see in the clouds, it was the clouds who took him away from site at his ascend to heaven.

You may be correct and Jesus appearing in the clouds may not be meant literally but he is still the descendant of mankind according to that scripture.

Terraruca wrote:

I remember Paul stating that but not Jesus.   The Spirit of Christ was speaking through Paul at the time.

1 Corinthians 15:42-44(NIV) reads:

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

A spirit without flesh and bone is a phantasm and the resurrected Jesus who ascended to heave was not a phantasm according to scripture.

The teaching is  about a “spiritual body” and not spirit.  

In verse 39 of the same chapter when speaking of this spiritual body he states “All flesh is not the same”.

So there is spiritual flesh as well as sensual flesh and the sensual cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven.

As we see from after Jesus provided an example of what would be and he was touched by his students and even ate with them.

Whatever the situation Jesus is still a human being as will those who believe after the time of judgment.

Hi KW,
    He did more than eat with them.
    He showed them the many holes in it.
    Is that the sort of body you hope to inherit?

We hope for a new IMPERISHABLE one.[1Cor15]

Viewing 20 posts - 2,301 through 2,320 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account