Who is this Jesus?

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 4,516 total)
  • Author

none but if you dont go to church you disobey God

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Really?
    But ought you not first make sure those you fellowship with are not in rebellion?
    Read the bible and find what is truth and then compare with the myriad false human offerings.

there are truths in all denominations but we should follow the Lord and apostles.

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 26 2009,12:36)
    there are truths in all denominations but we should follow the Lord and apostles.

So when can I meet you at an RCIA class?

rcia? what is this

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 23 2009,00:39)
    huh

Book of Mathew…..

eveh
    Participant

You don't “go” to church, you are the church if you are saved. You might seek fellowship with believers who have the truth and share your thoughts with them but you can do that in your living room or any one's home.

A Church is a building, that is all it is and most of them are teaching false doctrine. They are like Harlots. Getting all prettied up with their fancy pews and stained glass windows and enticing people with the words they want to hear. But the end will be your destruction. Come out of the false chruch system and search your Bible for the truth.

so Im the church and need no place to fellowship?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    You can become a son of God if you obey the command to repent and be reborn of water and the Spirit of God and then walk in the Spirit.

Joining a denomination is not the way of Jesus.

no but you should not forsake the assembling together of the saints

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    Yes.
    The way is narrow and few choose it.

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 29 2009,00:02)
    no but you should not forsake the assembling together of the saints

You do not have to be in a church to assemble yourself together. A few believers sitting around in your home or sharing a cup of coffee at a little cafe somewhere, has Jesus in their midst just as much as those in a fancy church building. Maybe more so because they sought each other out because they are looking for truth and not doctrine.

You are having fellowship right now with those on this board. You have to get over having a church building mean “Holy” to you. It is the people of God who are Holy and wherever they meet, the Holy Spirit is there.

where ever the saints meet thats where God is But Im not saying a certain building is the church of God but a church building does give a place to meet

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JN,
    So it is not your denomination.

Im not saying a certain denomination is the true church, I just feel the kind I go to is most closly related to the birth of the church in the book of acts then others

Jesus is the Christ

Lightenup
    Participant

Hi,
    I agree that gathering together to corporately praise God and minister to others is very important. I can sing along with my praise CD's in my car all by myself and that is good but when I am singing the same songs among a multitude that can be so incredible. The unity of many is powerful. There has to be many believers regularly coming together to work like a body with many members as God intended. I don't think any church is going to be perfect but there are churches that have a lot going for them…they are making disciples and ministering to others. An organization can be a good thing…a very good thing even if imperfect.

My opinion,
    Kathi

Quote (Lightenup @ Sep. 10 2009,08:56)
    Hi,
    I agree that gathering together to corporately praise God and minister to others is very important.  I can sing along with my praise CD's in my car all by myself and that is good but when I am singing the same songs among a multitude that can be so incredible.  The unity of many is powerful.  There has to be many believers regularly coming together to work like a body with many members as God intended. I don't think any church is going to be perfect but there are churches that have a lot going for them…they are making disciples and ministering to others.  An organization can be a good thing…a very good thing even if imperfect.

My opinion,
    Kathi

amen

We know it all can be good, and I felt the wind inside my car like the day of pentecost, is that good?

yahmai
    Participant

why do we call a hebrew a greek name

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 26 2009,23:18)
    rcia? what is this

Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults.

It is a class designed to teach you the apostolic faith and prepare you for holy baptism and a sanctified Christian life.

Viewing 20 posts - 1,981 through 2,000 (of 4,516 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account