Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I forgot you love confusion.
    Mystery Babylon rules.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2007,08:30)
    Hi W,
    I forgot you love confusion.
    Mystery Babylon rules.

NH

Just what I thought, no answer just babel!

No pun intended.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    God is the Father.
    Jesus told us.
    Why do you not believe him?
    Are there greater teachers than the one you call LORD, LORD..?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    God HAS a Spirit.
    All beings have a spirit.
    Life comes from that spirit.
    God the Father speaks of His Spirit.
    Jl 2
    ” 28And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:

29And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.

Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

John 15:26
    “When the Helper comes, whom I will send to you from the Father, that is the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify about Me,

Ephesians 1:17
    that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation in the knowledge of Him.

Ephesians 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

God is spirit. John 4:24.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    Why did Christ tell us to pray to God in heaven if he was God Himself?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    We preach the God Who revealed Himself to the Jews
    And is the Father of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    For us here are no new gods
    In the heavenly realms
    or under the Sun
    Worship Him
    Alone

Tim2
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Jesus prayed to God because He is man. Athough He is God, for our salvation He became man.

You believe that the Father is God because the Bible says He is. You do well. The Bible also says that the Son is God. Believe.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim2,
    The Father is our Living God.
    He should be yours too
    but may not be yet.
    Jn 8.54

david
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Jesus prayed to God because He is man. Athough He is God, for our salvation He became man.

So do you no longer believe he was also “fully God” while on earth? I'm not sure, maybe you never believed that. But if he was fully God, fully man, the whole time, then why would he need to ask for anything, being fully God?

Jesus “BECAME flesh.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    The Father is God.
    Jesus is a man.

Just because we see the Father reflected perfectly in the Son we do not say they are the same.
    That would make the Father man.

Rom 1
    ” 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.”

Repent of such insulting nonsense if you fear God.

That is dangerous folly

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2Peter 1
    ” 17For he received from God the Father honour and glory, when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

18And this voice which came from heaven we heard, when we were with him in the holy mount.”

Jn 12
    ” 26If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

27Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. “

God IS the Father

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 24 2007,07:03)
    Hi,
    The Father is God.
    Jesus is a man.

Just because we see the Father reflected perfectly in the Son we do not say they are the same.
    That would make the Father man.

Rom 1
    ” 21Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.”

Repent of such insulting nonsense if you fear God.

That is dangerous folly

NH

If Jesus is not God, you break the first and second commandment by refering to another being as having his image and calling him Lord and Master and bowing the knee to him.

:O

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Would you judge God by His own commandments?
    That is brave.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    One things Jesus made very plain. While he was on earth the Father was in heaven.

Matthew 5:16
    Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
    Matthew 5:45
    That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
    Matthew 5:48
    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
    Matthew 6:1
    Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
    Matthew 6:9
    After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name
    Matthew 6:14
    For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:
    Matthew 6:26
    Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
    Matthew 6:32
    (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
    Matthew 7:11
    If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
    Matthew 7:21
    Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

etc

He also showed that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of the Father.

Matthew 10:20
    For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.

But men prefer their own opinions.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    It is interesting what Jesus was offered by Satan and the fact that Jesus did not dispute he could give them.

Lk 4
    “5And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine. “

We have been taken from one kingdom to another.
    One father to Another.
    We must now PRAY to our Father for our needs.

Bibliophile
    Participant

I would like to add something to this Great topic!

Identifying who the Father is of Jesus is critical to accurate Bible Understanding. At John 17:1-3 Jesus makes the statement: “Father…this is the real and eternal life: That they know you, The one and only true God, And Jesus Christ, whom you sent.” ™ Jesus Identifies his Father as “the one and only true God.” So knowing (not having academic knowledge but rather intimacy) Jesus but also who the Father is moves us closer to everlasting life.

2Timothy 3:16, 17 reads: “Every part of scripture is God-breathed [inspired] and useful one way or another-showing us truth…” ™ So who does the Bible show the Father to be?

Isaiah 63:16 “For thou art our Father…thou, O Jehovah, art our Father.” (TMB)
    Isaiah 64:8 “O Jehovah, you are our Father.” (NWT)

I believe the Bible clearly identifies the Father of Jesus is Jehovah.

Spiritual food for thought.

In Christ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Bi,
    Indeed you cannot embrace a trinity.
    God is one.
    God is the Father.

Eph 1
    “2Grace be to you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.

3Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: '

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Why did Jesus call God “The Father”?
    Jn13
    3Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into his hands, and that he was come from God, and went to God;

John 10:36
    Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

John 16:27
    For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Jesus did also call God his Father
    John 8:54
    Jesus answered, If I honour myself, my honour is nothing: it is my Father that honoureth me; of whom ye say, that he is your God:

John 20:17
    Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

THE Father seems to be impersonal since he was speaking of his Dad.

Perhaps there are deeper meanings?

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account