Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 519 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2007,21:34)
    Hi,
    Who is the physical father of Jesus?
    Scripture says that the Holy Spirit is.
    That is fine as the Spirit is of God and does the work of God on earth.

Trinity theory cannot cope with this big problem.
    If God is a trinity then the Father is not the father of Jesus.

Is then the “whole trinity” his father?
    That would make him his own father.

Irreconcilable.

NH

Tell me. Was God the Father in heaven when Jesus was concieved?

So if God is Jesus Father then the Holy Spirit is God, right?

This is the question you cant answer, not the trinitarian, See we believe the Spirit is God. “ONE Spirit”.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    So if your god has three PERSONS you agree the Father was not the PERSON responsible for the conception of Jesus?
    The Father was not the Father?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2007,21:25)
    Hi W,
    So if your god has three PERSONS you agree the Father was not the PERSON responsible for the conception of Jesus?

NH

I have already explained this to you NH!

The three persons were present at Jesus conception.

The Holy Spirit that overshadowed Mary, the Word that was tabernacled at conception and the Father that prepared the Body.

Lk 1:35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 1:5
    Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Jn 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now look close…

The holy Ghost shall come upon thee – Spirit

And the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, a body hast thou prepared -Father

That holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. – The Word made flesh

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 23 2007,16:34)

Hi,

Irreconcilable.

NH

This is the question you cant answer, not the trinitarian, See we believe the Spirit is God. “ONE Spirit”.

Hi WJ:

I know that you are corresponding with Nick, but No, the Holy Ghost is not God in the sense that you are indicating but is God's Spirit.   “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, EVEN THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH WHICH PROCEEDETH FROM THE FATHER…” (John 15:26)  

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 23 2007,23:56)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2007,21:25)
    Hi W,

NH

I have already explained this to you NH!

The three persons were present at Jesus conception.

The Holy Spirit that overshadowed Mary, the Word that was tabernacled at conception and the Father that prepared the Body.

Lk 1:35
    And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

Heb 1:5
    Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Jn 1:14
    And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

Now look close…

The holy Ghost shall come upon thee – Spirit

And the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, a body hast thou prepared -Father

That holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God. – The Word made flesh

Hi W,
    So the conception of Jesus was by “the third person of God?”
    So the Father is not the father?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God is not the Holy Spirit.
    God is a spirit being of soul and spirit.
    Psalm 11:5
    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
    Isaiah 1:14
    Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
    Isaiah 42:1
    Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

The Spirit is of God.

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 24 2007,00:02)

Hi,

Irreconcilable.

NH

Hi WJ:

I know that you are corresponding with Nick, but No, the Holy Ghost is not God in the sense that you are indicating but is God's Spirit.   “But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, EVEN THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH WHICH PROCEEDETH FROM THE FATHER…” (John 15:26)  

God Bless

Sorry!

Disagree.

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

There is ONE SPIRIT.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

God is Spirit Jn 4

He dosnt have 2 Spirits!

Rom 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The bible clearly teaches it is God that lives in us.

One Spirit.

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God is Spirit and is not limited to our finite minds. He can and does fill all things.

To say the Spirit of God is not God is to make his Spirit greater than he is. Because the Spirit can be everywhere but God cant.

God Is Spirit. The Spirit is God.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jesus lives in every born again believer?

Why would they ask him to come in their hearts if he could not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You ask.
    “Why would they ask him to come in their hearts if he could not?”
    Where is this invocation written and what does it achieve?

God cannot be greater than His own finger, His own Spirit!
    How can you compare one aspect of God with Him?

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 25 2007,23:52)

Quote (942767 @ Mar. 24 2007,00:02)

Hi,

Irreconcilable.

NH

Hi WJ:

God Bless

Sorry!

Disagree.

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

There is ONE SPIRIT.

Eph 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

God is Spirit Jn 4

He dosnt have 2 Spirits!

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

The bible clearly teaches it is God that lives in us.

One Spirit.

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

God is Spirit and is not limited to our finite minds. He can and does fill all things.

To say the Spirit of God is not God is to make his Spirit greater than he is. Because the Spirit can be everywhere but God cant.

God Is Spirit. The Spirit is God.

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Jesus lives in every born again believer?

Why would they ask him to come in their hearts if he could not?

Hi WJ:

God is a living person with a mind, a free will, and emotions just as you and I.  His Spirit is the life that he lives.  As the scripture states, “God is a Spirit and them that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:24)  “…the Spirit of truth which proceedeth from the Father (that is from his soul which is the origin of his thoughts).

His throne is in heaven and can be everywhere by his Spirit and does indwell every born again believer as his helper. “The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit (Our spirit should be the Word of God as we learn to apply it to our lives.  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me…” (Gal. 2:20))  that we are the children of God”. (Rom. 8:16)

The Father and the Son are two distinct living persons.  The Son is subjected to the Father through his Word, and because Jesus obeyed the Father even unto death on the cross without sin, he is that life-giving spirit through whom we who are born again believers are subjected to God.  And of course, since we make mistakes, we need his blood to wash away our sins and keep us in the state of holiness.

Yes, they are two different persons with soul and a spirit of their own, but the spirit of the Son is the express image of God's person (Heb. 1:3).  They are one in the spirit of holiness.  And so, the Father has taught the Son, and Son has applied what God has taught him to his life and so they are one in that same spirit.  And so, “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and Word was God”. (John 1:1)  “He that loveth not knoweth not God, FOR GOD IS LOVE”.  In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live throu him.  Herein is love, not the we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1John 4:8-10)  “Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit”. ( 1John 4:13)

Jesus prayed: “That they (us) all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me”. (John 17:21)

“Whosoever transgresseth and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hat not God.  He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father (by his Spirit) and the Son (the Christ the anointed Word of God).(2 John v9)

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “Yes, they are two different persons with soul and a spirit of their own, but the spirit of the Son is the express image of God's person (Heb. 1:3). They are one in the spirit of holiness. And so, the Father has taught the Son, and Son has applied what God has taught him to his life and so they are one in that same spirit.”

Is the spirit of Christ what he yielded up on calvary?
    Is the spirit of the son the image or the soul and spirit?
    Does applying teachings cause Christ and us to become one in the spirit with God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Josh 2
    11And as soon as we had heard these things, our hearts did melt, neither did there remain any more courage in any man, because of you: for the LORD your God, he is God in heaven above, and in earth beneath.

There is no God in heaven and on earth as our God.

You say…

God is a living person with a mind, a free will, and emotions just as you and I.  His Spirit is the life that he lives.

So are you saying his Spirit is what gives him life?

He is life.

His Spirit is Life because he is the Spirit.

He dosnt live by the life of his Spirit like us.

God is Spirit. And His Spirit is Life.

How many Spirits does God have?

Please give me your interpretation of these verses…

1 Cor 12:13
    For by *one Spirit* are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into *one Spirit*.

Ehp 4:4
    There is one body, and *one Spirit*, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Is there any other Spirit for us but God?

But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the *Spirit of God dwell in you.* Now if any man have not the *Spirit of Christ*, he is none of his.

94, God is Spirit which is called “Spirit of God” and “Spirit of Christ” and in John 14 The Comforter which is all the ONE selfsame Spirit, God.

Compare to…

Does God by this verse live in you? Or is it a force or power or agent of some kind?

Does Jesus live in us or is it another part of God?

You see none of this makes since to the natural carnal mind without seeing by God that there is “One Spirit”, three Persons, and ONE God.

Father Son and Holy Spirit!

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 25 2007,21:36)
    Hi,
    God is not the Holy Spirit.
    God is a spirit being of soul and spirit.
    Psalm 11:5
    The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.
    Isaiah 1:14
    Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.
    Isaiah 42:1
    Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

The Spirit is of God.

NH

So does God have a body?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Who knows?
    None that our eyes can see.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    I presume you speak of our Father God who is invisible.
    Scripture speaks of His body attributes but does not say God has a body.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 26 2007,03:24)
    Hi 94,
    You say
    “Yes, they are two different persons with soul and a spirit of their own, but the spirit of the Son is the express image of God's person (Heb. 1:3).  They are one in the spirit of holiness.  And so, the Father has taught the Son, and Son has applied what God has taught him to his life and so they are one in that same spirit.”

Is the spirit of Christ what he yielded up on calvary?
    Is the spirit of the son the image or the soul and spirit?
    Does applying teachings cause Christ and us to become one in the spirit with God?

Hi Nick:

Question 1: Is the spirit of Christ what he yeilded up on calvary?  Yes.  Luke 23:46 states: “And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost”.

Question #2.  Is the Spirit of the Son the image or the soul and the spirit?

The answer is both in that the first man Adam was made a living soul, like God in that man was a living person, but the spirit reveals God's character or personality.  Jesus speaking to Phillip says, “Have I been so long time with you, and het hast thou not known me, Phillip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?  Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me?  the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.  Believeth me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me; or else believe me for the very works' sake.  (John 14:9-11)

Qestion #3.  Does applying the teaching cause Christ and us to become one in the spirit with God?  

The answer is yes.  John 17:17-21 states: “Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.  As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.  And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.  Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through thier word.  That they may be one; as thou, Father, art in me and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me”.  (See also 1 John 3:2-3)

God Bless

God is a living person with a mind, a free will, and emotions just as you and I.

By the way, I dont think God is just as you and I.

We as humans havnt begun to understand the complexity of the human being who our God made from just dust.

How do you think we will be able in our finite minds to begin to comprehend the complexity of this infinite God who fills all things and upholds all things by the Word of his power, and sustains everything because by him all things consist.

How does he do this, fill all things? Sustain all things?

Because he is Spirit!

God has no limitations of “Free Will”.

If God has “Free will” then that would mean someone would have had to set him free and give him that will.

We will not fully understand him in this life.

If we did we wouldnt need faith. Its faith that pleases God.

Thomas wasnt rebuked by Jesus, because now “by faith” he believed Jesus was his “Lord an God” whether he understood it or not.

Jesus blessed him because he seen it and believed it.

Rom 11:33
    O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Is 55:
    8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    *For as the heavens are higher than the earth,* so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How much higher is the heavens from the earth?

Can it be measured?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Did Jesus have free will?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Does sanctification by the Word make us one with God
    or are we bought and made one with Christ in God
    and then sanctified by the Spirit of God?

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 26 2007,05:15)

God is a living person with a mind, a free will, and emotions just as you and I.

By the way, I dont think God is just as you and I.

We as humans havnt begun to understand the complexity of the human being who our God made from just dust.

How do you think we will be able in our finite minds to begin to comprehend the complexity of this infinite God who fills all things and upholds all things by the Word of his power, and sustains everything because by him all things consist.

How does he do this, fill all things? Sustain all things?

Because he is Spirit!

God has no limitations of “Free Will”.

If God has “Free will” then that would mean someone would have had to set him free and give him that will.

We will not fully understand him in this life.

If we did we wouldnt need faith. Its faith that pleases God.

Thomas wasnt rebuked by Jesus, because now “by faith” he believed Jesus was his “Lord an God” whether he understood it or not.

Jesus blessed him because he seen it and believed it.

Rom 11:33
    O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Is 55:
    8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither [are] your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
    *For as the heavens are higher than the earth,* so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

How much higher is the heavens from the earth?

Can it be measured?

???

Hi WJ:

I believe that if you will search the scriptures you will find that God has a mind, a free will and emotions, and we also have a mind, a free will, and emotions. And that is what I have stated.  Are you disputing this?  Can God do whatsoever He chooses to do?  Is this not what a free will indicates?

We come to him by Faith, but after we receive the Holy Ghost we should know that he is a reality, and his thoughts are becoming my thoughts as a renew my mind throught his Word.

And I know Him and have seen Him in the face of my Lord Jesus who has said, “He who hath seen me hath seen the Father”. (John 14:9)

God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account