Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 10 2010,21:12)
    Ed.  How can the Holy Spirit be a Person, we receive the Holy Spirit of God at Baptism.  I can't see how a Person Himself can live in us.  It is the essence of a Person that can however.  The Godhead is two the Father and the Son.  When you add the Holy Spirit it becomes the trinity.  And that has been proven from Scriptures by my Husband in a Post He made above yours.  There are many Scriptures that speak of His Spirit the Fathers Spirit.  If I have a lot of patience does that make patience a Person?  Or Wisdom can that be a Person?  Not in my book…..
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene,

Jesus being God's son, doesn't make God into a second Person?
    Perhaps the word “Person” is a bit misleading; that is the wording used by “Trinitarians”.
    I prefer to use the word “Entity”, because God is “Spirit” and he is “Holy”; thus He(GOD) is the “HolySpirit”!
    Look up the word “Entity”; it is a much better word than “Person”!

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

hi edj

you and Gene are special,you like to use wording that are useful to you and from which you can extend you views,this is wrong and against God purpose,

words like ;entity,intellect,counsel not advice,and not the dictionary explanation ,we have to accept the explanation of some other group.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 10 2010,22:14)
    hi edj

you and Gene are special,you like to use wording that are useful to you and from which you can extend you views,this is wrong and against God purpose,

words like ;entity,intellect,counsel not advice,and not the dictionary explanation ,we have to accept the explanation of some other group.

Hi T

Did you look up the word “Entity”?

Ed J

terraricca
    Participant

edj
    i stick with what i have said,and i know what it means,but i know what you can do with it as well.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 10 2010,17:27)

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 10 2010,16:59)
    To all

Is. 40:13  Who has directed the spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taugh him?”              

1 Cor. 8:4 “… and that there is none other God but one”.

Rom. 1:8  “First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all…”
    1 Cor. 1:4  “I thank my God always on your behalf…”
    Phil. 1:3  “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.”
    Col. 1:3  “We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ…”
    1Thes. 1:2  “We give thanks to God always for you all…”

If, the Holy Spirit was a person; why did Paul never thank “him”?

Eph. 4:6   “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all”.

2Cr 4:3   But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:  

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;
    that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.  

Georg

Hi Georg,

The “HolySpirit” is INDEED a Person and is “The Entity” who is being “Thanked” Called GOD!

HolySpirit is “GOD:The Father” of Jesus Christ

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)

Ed

Not surprising, you got it backwards; The Father is the being, the Holy Spirit is his mind, his Holy Mind/Spirit. Or are you suggesting the Father has no mind? whose mind do you think Paul is talking about?

Phl 2:5 ¶ Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:  

Also, you have conveniently left out some important scriptures that I gave you; not surprising either.

Georg

Anonymous
    Inactive

The “HolySpirit” is [θεος] Thēôs (The word: “GOD” in Greek)!

This statement is “Bible Truth”! Can you agree with TRUE statement Katjo?

Yes, on that!
    katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

“Who is Jesus Christ?” THiNK ABOUT THIS!!

John 1:1 says “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says “the Word became flesh.” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Thomas the disciple declared to Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. The apostle Paul describes Him as, “…our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13). The apostle Peter says the same, “…our God and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1). God the Father is witness of Jesus’ full identity as well, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” Old Testament prophecies of Christ announce His deity, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
    got questions.org
    KATJO

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    The Word was not the God the Word was with.
    That God is the God of Jesus and us.

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 11 2010,05:18)
    “Who is Jesus Christ?” THiNK ABOUT THIS!!

John 1:1 says “the Word was God.” John 1:14 says “the Word became flesh.” This clearly indicates that Jesus is God in the flesh. Thomas the disciple declared to Jesus, “My Lord and my God” (John 20:28). Jesus does not correct him. The apostle Paul describes Him as, “…our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ” (Titus 2:13). The apostle Peter says the same, “…our God and Savior Jesus Christ” (2 Peter 1:1). God the Father is witness of Jesus’ full identity as well, “But about the Son he says, ‘Your throne, O God, will last forever and ever, and righteousness will be the scepter of your kingdom.’” Old Testament prophecies of Christ announce His deity, “For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (Isaiah 9:6).

Why is the question over Jesus’ true identity so important? Why does it matter whether or not Jesus is God? The most important reason that Jesus has to be God is that if He is not God, His death would not have been sufficient to pay the penalty for the sins of the whole world (1 John 2:2). Only God could pay such an infinite penalty (Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21). Jesus had to be God so that He could pay our debt. Jesus had to be man so He could die. Salvation is available only through faith in Jesus Christ. Jesus’ deity is why He is the only way of salvation. Jesus’ deity is why He proclaimed, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
    got questions.org
    KATJO

katjo

The Bible tells us, only God is immortal, meaning, death is impossible; that is one reason Jesus could not be God.

1Ti 6:16 Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see: to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

Have you ever wondered why God condemned the whole world to death because of Adams sin?
    Why does Paul say

1Cr 15:22 For as in Adam all die,…

What does that mean? it means that right now none of us died for our own sins, we are cursed with death regardless whether we have sinned or not; “or not” is referring to infants and little children, why do they have to die?
    Jesus came to ransom one man, Adam; by removing his sins from him, he also removed the death penalty from him, AND FROM US. We are guaranteed a resurrection, and then we have to prove ourselves, if we fail, then we will die for our sins, which is the second death.

Jer 31:29 In those days they shall say no more, The fathers have eaten a sour grape, and the children's teeth are set on edge.

Jer 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.

It is the blood, sacrifice, of Christ that cleanses us from our sins; if we, after the resurrection, except his sacrifice for our sins, then God will forgive us for Christs sake.
    Immortality is what God “GAVE” to his son after the job was done.

Jhn 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Georg

JustAskin
    Participant

Elizabeth,

Well written.

Has anyone read Numbers 23:19?

Katjo says that Jesus had to be God otherwise his death would not have been sufficient to pay for the sin of mankind:
    Katjo – God can't die!

And in any case, it is a case of 'perfect MAN' dying for 'sinful MAN'.

'God is not man'…'man is not God'

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 11 2010,04:50)

To all

Is. 40:13  Who has directed the spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taugh him?”              

Eph. 4:6   “One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all”.

1Cr 2:12   Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God;

Georg

Hi Georg,

The “HolySpirit” is INDEED a Person and is “The Entity” who is being “Thanked” Called GOD!

Ed

Not surprising, you got it backwards; The Father is the being, the Holy Spirit is his mind, his Holy Mind/Spirit. Or are you suggesting the Father has no mind? whose mind do you think Paul is talking about?

Also, you have conveniently left out some important scriptures that I gave you; not surprising either.

Georg

Hi Georg,
    The Holy Spirit is more than the MIND of God.
    Men love to elevate the mind.

Ed J
    Participant

Ed

Georg

Hi Georg,

Is your mind somebody other than you? Is not your mind you?
    I know that you hate numbers, but they do help to provide clarity…

Philippians 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: (Christ Mind=117)
    2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God=26: (26=יהוה spoken as YÄ=26 and YÄ-hä-vā)
    Christ(77)+Mind(40)=117; Christ had in him the mind of 117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)!

Lev.11:44 For I the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and
    ye shall be holy; for I Holy
    John 4:24 GOD IS A Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    Eph.4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

“Father:The Word”

Now the parable is this: The seedisthe word of God.
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath (Isaiah 7:14), which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore. (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35)

117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 11 2010,04:53)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 06 2010,02:13)

Hi Katjo,

The “HolySpirit” is [θεος] Thēôs (The word: “GOD” in Greek)!

This statement is “Bible Truth”! Can you agree with TRUE statement Katjo?

Ed J

Yes, on that!
    katjo

Hi Katjo,

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:1 …and “The Word” was [θεος] Thēôs.

The “HolySpirit” is “The Word”!
    Why does this “Bible Truth” trouble you?
    Do you discount “Bible Truth” and instead insist on holding the traditions of man in higher esteem?
    Eph.4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

“Father: The Word”

Luke 8:11 Now the parable is this: The seed” is “the word of God.
    Hebrews 7:28 For the law maketh men high priests which have infirmity; but
    the word(TheSeed “IS” HolySpirit) of the oath, which was since the law,
    maketh the Son(Jesus Christ), who is consecrated for evermore. (Matt.1:18 / Matt.1:20 / Luke 1:35)

Elizabeth
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2010,06:38)

To all

Georg

Hi Georg,

Ed

Georg

Hi Georg,
    The Holy Spirit is more than the MIND of God.
    Men love to elevate the mind.

Nick

How can the Holy Spirit/Mind be more than God, explain.

Georg

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 09 2010,18:10)
    Hi WJ,

What evidence do you have for this assertion?

The systems of religion and traditions of men communicate
    distortions of truth, confusion of mind, and distractions of spirit

Hi Ed

More of your accusations and assumptions that only you have the truth?

And what evidence do you have?

I have already proven that your evidence is a birds eye view and does not take into account all of the scriptures speaking of the Holy Spirit as “Another” sent by the Father and Jesus!

You can't even get past Matt 28:19 which tells us that the Holy Spirit is “another Counselor” by virtue of the fact that Jesus mentions the three having a singular name and all having the definite article!

Blessings WJ

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 09 2010,20:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 10 2010,03:06)
    ED

The Spirit is God but not the Father or the Word (Jesus)!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Do you deny all these verses?

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,
       That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
    John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
       for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him(Jesus).
    John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
       the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
       and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

John 7:38-39 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said,
        out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
       (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive:
       for the HolySpirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:26: But the Comforter, which is the HolySpirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
       he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
    Luke 12:12: For the HolySpirit shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
    John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
       neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    Matt.10:20: For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
    John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world:
       thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)

Hi ED

Please!!! Not one of those scriptures says the Holy Spirit is the Word!

Of course I don't deny them, but I deny your interpretation of them! In fact In my 35 years of being a believer I don't know of any one who interprets them like you!

Let me see how that works…

In the beginning was the (Holy Spirit) and the (Holy Spirit) WAS WITH GOD and the (Holy Spirit) was God.

And the (Holy Spirit) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld The Holy Spirit's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the (Holy Spirit), full of grace and truth.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the (Holy Spirit); For the (Holy Spirit) was manifested, and we have seen (The Holy Spirit), and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which WAS WITH THE (Holy Spirit), and was manifested unto us;) 1 John 1:1, 2

Eds version of John 1:1, 14, and 1 John 1:1,2  :p

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

JW

good description on edj; holy spirit explanation,he as confused me in understanding that ,but no matter what i think he still will say the holy spirit is God,even we tell him a hundred times.

God is NOT the HOLY SPIRIT. The holy spirit are God holy thoughts ,only God is good.

JustAskin
    Participant

WJ,

As Terra says, Good post against EDJ.

HOWEVER, Replace 'the Holy Spirit' with 'God = (Jesus is God)' in your Edj-John1:1-4, 1 John 1:1-2.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 12 2010,03:55)
    JW

good description on edj; holy spirit explanation,he as confused me in understanding that ,but no matter what i think he still will say the holy spirit is God,even we tell him a hundred times.

God is NOT the HOLY SPIRIT. The holy spirit are God holy thoughts ,only God is good.

Hi JA,
    To lie to the Holy Spirit is to lie to God.
    God is in heaven but is fully represented by His Spirit in visible creation.
    Thus God is at work in you to will and to do.[Phil]

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 12 2010,03:11)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 09 2010,20:19)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 10 2010,03:06)
    ED

The Spirit is God but not the Father or the Word (Jesus)!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Do you deny all these verses?

Luke 4:4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written,
       That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.
    John 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God:
       for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him(Jesus).
    John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
       the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
    John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings:
       and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.
    Luke 4:32 And they were astonished at his doctrine: for his word was with power.

John 7:38-39 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said,
        out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
       (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive:
       for the HolySpirit was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

John 14:26: But the Comforter, which is the HolySpirit, whom the Father will send in my name,
       he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
    Luke 12:12: For the HolySpirit shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
    John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

John 14:17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not,
       neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
    Matt.10:20: For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father which speaketh in you.
    John 17:6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world:
       thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)

Hi ED

Please!!! Not one of those scriptures says the Holy Spirit is the Word!

Of course I don't deny them, but I deny your interpretation of them! In fact In my 35 years of being a believer I don't know of any one who interprets them like you!

Let me see how that works…

In the beginning was the (Holy Spirit) and the (Holy Spirit) WAS WITH GOD and the (Holy Spirit) was God.

And the (Holy Spirit) was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld The Holy Spirit's) glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the (Holy Spirit), full of grace and truth.

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the (Holy Spirit); For the (Holy Spirit) was manifested, and we have seen (The Holy Spirit), and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which WAS WITH THE (Holy Spirit), and was manifested unto us;) 1 John 1:1, 2

Eds version of John 1:1, 14, and 1 John 1:1,2  :p

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

Interesting; but you have completely removed Jesus in your rendition of how you think I see things.

Clearly Jesus should be inserted into the text somewhere.
    I would like you to insert Jesus also in John 1:1, 14, and 1 John 1:1,2
    and I'll let you know if you have put the pieces together as I see them; OK?

God bless
    Ed J

Viewing 20 posts - 481 through 500 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account