Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Kat
    this is not Jesus who talking it is God.in rev 21;6
    Rev 21:6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 05 2010,14:25)
    WJ
    you never answer me what is the Holy spirit ???? according to your understanding that is

T

The Holy Spirit is “Another Comforter (Counselor)” that Jesus said both he and the Father would send and Jesus said he bears the same name as the Father and Jesus!

Matt 28:18, 19 John 14:16, 17, John 15:26, John 16:7-15 for a start.

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

so it is not a being or the 3 person in the trinity ??

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

and what does comforter do ??? and what are they

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 05 2010,15:18)
    WJ

so it is not a being or the 3 person in the trinity ??

T

An amorphous Spirit or force does not think, speak, take, give, glorify, hear, lead, guide, comfort, heal, deliver, is not grieved, or quenched, or cannot judge, or convince of sin, or bear fruit like Love, Joy, peace, patiences, kindness, goodness, self control, or give life, or create, and on and on and on…

Yes the Holy Spirit is ONE being with the Father and Jesus, and is the third person of the Trinity.

Blessings WJ

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 05 2010,15:21)
    WJ

and what does comforter do ??? and what are they

T

Do you know how to look at Greek words and their definitions?

Here is a link where you can search these things out.

BTW, there are several threads here that deal with the Holy Spirit.

Blessings WJ

terraricca
    Participant

WJ

this is science fiction,explain me who it can enter some one

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 05 2010,16:10)
    WJ

this is science fiction,explain me who it can enter some one

T

Jesus said if you ask the Father for the Holy Spirit he will send him to you. Luke 11:13

There is no science fiction in that. Jesus spoke of heavenly things and the Spirit comes from the Father and Jesus.

Jesus said the Spirit is also like the wind…. John 3:3-12

Unless you have the Holy Spirit living in you then you will not understand spiritual things!

The Spirit is our teacher and shews us things that he takes from Jesus!

You must be born again!

Blessings WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 06 2010,05:36)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 04 2010,22:47)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 05 2010,14:19)

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 04 2010,22:04)

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 05 2010,12:44)
    Ed, lets stay focused on one thing like you wanted. Im still waiting on you to show me…
    REV.19;1 Al-le-lu-ia,salvation, and glory and honour and power unto the Lord our GOD.(no capitals again, and says He is our God, right)

katjo

Hi Katjo,

Rev.19:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him,
    to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;
    and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:

The revealing Jesus Christ, which the HolySpirit gave to an angel, to show the believers things through John.

Do you agree with this wording? If not explain why not; Scriptural referencing would be helpful.
    Printing those same 10 verses with no explanation is no furtherance.

Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

No

Because the text doesn't say the Holy Spirit gave it to him, but it says “God” (Theos) gave it to him!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

The “HolySpirit” is θεος !
    Read the thread…
    HolySpirit is “GOD: The Father” of Jesus Christ!

Ed J

Ed

So you say, but the scriptures disagree with you!

Blessings WJ

Hi WJ,

I very much appreate you sticking to one thing here, Katjo agreed to, but has reverted to
    wanting to discuss 10 verses at one time; how can we explore our differences this way?

I have illustrated what all 10 mean, and you both simply say no that is incorrect?
    We NEED to explore each and every verse in great detail, I have illustrated Rev.19:1 as a starting point.

Rev.19:1: I have illustrated it's meaning, “why” do you(WJ or Katjo) say it's incorrect?
    Let's discuss this “one” verse at a time; OK?

Ed J

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Feb. 06 2010,04:47)
    ED., why do you keep saying that is my opinion when i quote exactly what the word says; col 1;15 FOR ONE THING jESUS IS NOT THE CREATURE. I CLEARLY SHOWED YOU THAT. Firstborn over all creation: –does Not meaen the first thing God created,  because verse 16 says all things were created by him and for him.  The meaning is that Christ occupies the rank and pre-eminence of the FIRST BORN OVER ALL THINGS,( remember He is the first and the last, beginning and ending)  that He sustains the most exalted rank in the universe; He is pre-eminent above all others; He is at the head of all things. and whats up with the other scriptures? It pretty hard to discuss when every scripture abour birds means rapture????

katjo

Hi Katjo,

I gave you Scriptural references to help illustrate why!
    Here they are again.

1) Col:1:15: Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Rom:8:19: For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Rom:8:21: Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage
                     of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

I believe there already exists a “phony rapture” thread.
    God is “clearly” against people preaching “phony rapture” doctrine!
    If you want me to provide why it is the doctrine of satan, I can provide MUCH Scripture backing.

2) Psalm11:1: In the LORD put I my trust: How say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

Hab:2:9: Woe to him that coveteth an evil covetousness to his house,
                  that he may set his nest on high, that he may be delivered from the power of evil!

Obad:1:4: Though thou exalt thyself as the eagle, and though thou
                    set thy nest among the stars, thence will I bring thee down, saith the LORD.

Jer:49:16: Thy terribleness hath deceived thee, and the pride of thine heart,
                    O thou that dwellest in the clefts of the rock, that holdest the height of the hill:
                    though thou shouldest make thy nest as high as the eagle, I will bring thee down from thence, saith the LORD.

Which do you want to discuss first? I thought Rev. 19:1 was where you(Katjo) wanted to start.

God bless
    Ed J

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 05 2010,18:07)
    Hi WJ,

I very much appreate you sticking to one thing here, Katjo agreed to, but has reverted to
    wanting to discuss 10 verses at one time; how can we explore our differences this way?

Hi Ed

What difference does it make if someone quotes 10 scriptures? I have seen you quote entire paragraphs of scriptures!

If the scriptures being quoted are relative and they clearly show a contradiction to your own interpretation of a verse or vice versa, then why complain about it? Just address it and show how it does not contradict!

I think that the problem you have is your brain is geared to being a “neat freak”. This is not an insult and I am not saying for sure this is you! But you’re well organized post and your insistence on organization seems to indicate that you are.

Neat freak
    As well as liking their house to be permanently clean, a neat freak likes to have every element of their life tidy and in order. Unlike people with [OCD] neat freaks do not repetitively and obsessively clean things but they also can get upset when something is out of order “because order equals control, hence security“.
    Jill is such a neat freak! She cleans her house thoroughly every day and also irons all her kids' clothes. They always look clean and tidy. Source

ED is that you?

So when post are not so tidy and organized it may be hard for you to feel in control and secure?

I am not saying this is true, but I wonder why is it so important to you for dialogue to be under such stringent and  confined rules?

Let dialogue flow and more points are made! I am not advocating diversions and chaos, but if a topic is related then there should be some leeway to pursue that point for it may contrast the main point or subject therefore provoking thought and a desire to seek out the “whole council of God” found in scriptures.

Bird’s eye views of the scriptures will almost always be slanted in contrast to other scriptures in one way or another!

Our purpose should be to find the truth found in the “whole council of God” and not just a few select proof texts!

If a proof text seems to contradict another, then it should be our desire with the Spirits help to find reconciliation between the two views so that they are not contradictory. If we do not do this and just reject a particular text because it does not fit our preconceived ideas or doctrines, then we are not being true or honest to the whole council of God found in the scriptures!

Just something to think about!

Blessings Keith

seekingtruth
    Participant

WJ,
    You missed a type, perhaps Ed J is like me and on those long posts I've forgotten what was in the first part, by the time I get to the end. There is probably a name for this type but I don't remember what it is anymore :p

Wm

Quote (seekingtruth @ Feb. 05 2010,19:18)
    WJ,
    You missed a type, perhaps Ed J is like me and on those long posts I've forgotten what was in the first part, by the time I get to the end. There is probably a name for this type but I don't remember what it is anymore :p

Wm

Hi Seeking!

I am sure you are right, that definately could be me!

Blessings WJ

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 06 2010,11:01)

Hi WJ,

Hi Ed

What difference does it make if someone quotes 10 scriptures? I have seen you quote entire paragraphs of scriptures!

If the scriptures being quoted are relative and they clearly show a contradiction to your own interpretation of a verse or vice versa, then why complain about it? Just address it and show how it does not contradict!

I think that the problem you have is your brain is geared to being a “neat freak”. This is not an insult and I am not saying for sure this is you! But you’re well organized post and your insistence on organization seems to indicate that you are.

Neat freak
    As well as liking their house to be permanently clean, a neat freak likes to have every element of their life tidy and in order. Unlike people with [OCD] neat freaks do not repetitively and obsessively clean things but they also can get upset when something is out of order “because order equals control, hence security“.
    Jill is such a neat freak! She cleans her house thoroughly every day and also irons all her kids' clothes. They always look clean and tidy. Source

ED is that you?

Blessings Keith

Hi Kieth,

No; I'm not a “Clean Freak”; I'm a witness of GOD(AKJV Joshua 22:34).
    I organize concepts the best I can for the reader to understand,
    because people DON'T learn 10-20 new concepts all at once.
    You don't learn the way and neither does anybody else.

I fully understand the enormous Posts you make, because I absorb information 'like a sponge'.
    But I don't agree with your conclusions and it may take me three paragraphs to refute one point alone.

When you have made 10-20 points you seem to think that means your points cannot be refuted.
    They can, but for someone like “SeekingTruth” to grasp “our different views” THIS IS THE REASON.
    My goal is “not” to convince you my view is the correct one; that is the Job of the “HolySpirit” indide of you! (Romans 10:17)
    My goal is for the reader to understand “WHY” I don't agree with your brand of 'truth'; taught by the systems of religion.

God bless
    Ed J

Elizabeth
    Participant

Hi WJ,

Hi Ed

Neat freak

ED is that you?

So when post are not so tidy and organized it may be hard for you to feel in control and secure?

I am not saying this is true, but I wonder why is it so important to you for dialogue to be under such stringent and  confined rules?

Let dialogue flow and more points are made! I am not advocating diversions and chaos, but if a topic is related then there should be some leeway to pursue that point for it may contrast the main point or subject therefore provoking thought and a desire to seek out the “whole council of God”  found in scriptures.

Bird’s eye views of the scriptures will almost always be slanted in contrast to other scriptures in one way or another!

Our purpose should be to find the truth found in the “whole council of God” and not just a few select proof texts!

If a proof text seems to contradict another, then it should be our desire with the Spirits help to find reconciliation between the two views so that they are not contradictory. If we do not do this and just reject a particular text because it does not fit our preconceived ideas or doctrines, then we are not being true or honest to the whole council of God found in the scriptures!

Blessings Keith

Keith Even though I don't like freaks, however being organized is what I believe God is. Otherwise the Tree's might grow upside down etc. I don't think Ed. is a organized freak either. Just because He wants to take one verse at the time? That would be to me the only way to make things clear……The only thing I don't like is His number system, otherwise His post are good.
    Irene :) :)

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Ed

1) So when post are not so tidy and organized it may be hard for you to feel in control and secure?

2) I wonder why is it so important to you for dialogue to be under such stringent and  confined rules?

3) Let dialogue flow and more points are made!

4) but if a topic is related then there should be some leeway to pursue that point for it may contrast the main point or subject
         therefore provoking thought and a desire to seek out the “whole council of God”  found in scriptures.

5) Bird’s eye views of the scriptures will almost always be slanted in contrast to other scriptures in one way or another!

6) Our purpose should be to find the truth found in the “whole council of God” and not just a few select proof texts!

7) If a proof text seems to contradict another, then it should be our desire with the Spirits help to find reconciliation between the two views so that they are not contradictory.

8) If we do not do this and just reject a particular text because it does not fit our preconceived ideas or doctrines,
         then we are not being true or honest to the whole council of God found in the scriptures!

Blessings Keith

Hi WJ,

1) It's not about me.

2) I explained why one post up.

3) That is exactly what each others responses should be,
        but 'only' toward “one point” “IF” not in agreement.

4) Of course.

5) The whole bible is written that way; it's like optics.
     A. The closer you look at something more detail can be seen,
             but the bigger picture is in less focus.
     B. When the big picture is in focus less detail can be seen.
         Here is a example Second Post from bottom.

6) Of course; And I'm glad you decided to engage me in dialog, PROVING this is indeed your goal!

7) RightO

8) If you choose to disagree once you fully understand my given point, I will NOT persist to change your mind.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of…
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD)YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm! (Psalm 45:17)
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 06 2010,12:26)
    Keith Even though I don't like freaks, however being organized is what I believe God is.  Otherwise the Tree's might grow upside down etc.  I don't think Ed. is a organized freak either.  Just because He wants to take one verse at the time?  That would be to me the only way to make things clear……The only thing I don't like is His number system, otherwise His post are good.
    Irene :)  :)

Hi Irene,

Thanks for understand why!

Ed J

Quote (Ed J @ Feb. 05 2010,20:26)
    [When you have made 10-20 points you seem to think that means your points cannot be refuted.

This comment is circular. I think anyone who is honest here will admit that when they make a point that they fully believe that in their own mind it cannot be refuted! Why would we make the point if we thought it could.

Isn't this the reason for you always leaving a link to your book because you believe you have the truth and it cannot be refuted? If you think the truths in your book can be refuted, then why spend the time writing something that you don't fully believe as being the truth?

For instance you think that your point about the AKJV as being the actual Word of God as opposed to other translations cannot be refuted, right? If you didn’t whole heartedly believe this then why would you put this on your websight?…

Well Ed believes he has been given the task to show the world that the King James Version of the Bible is not just another translation, but the actual Word of God to modern man!
    English has become the international language of the modern age and its just like God to have given His Word to us by allowing the King James Version to be written over 400 years ago!
    Giving men of God time to produce things in English such as concordances, dictionaries, commentaries and the like for our use to help usher in the Kingdom of God in these last days.

Blessings WJ

Quote (Elizabeth @ Feb. 05 2010,20:26)

Hi WJ,

Hi Ed

Neat freak

ED is that you?

Let dialogue flow and more points are made! I am not advocating diversions and chaos, but if a topic is related then there should be some leeway to pursue that point for it may contrast the main point or subject therefore provoking thought and a desire to seek out the “whole council of God”  found in scriptures.

Blessings Keith

Keith Even though I don't like freaks, however being organized is what I believe God is.  Otherwise the Tree's might grow upside down etc.  I don't think Ed. is a organized freak either.  Just because He wants to take one verse at the time?  That would be to me the only way to make things clear……The only thing I don't like is His number system, otherwise His post are good.
    Irene :)  :)

Irene

I do not think you can understand the whole council of God by one verse.

In fact to have a clear understanding of the scriptures in most cases it takes more than one verse.

Lets say you did not have a Bible and knew nothing about it and someone comes and quotes John 3:16 to you.

Would that be enough to understand the scripture since you would not have any other scriptures to explain to you who God the Father is and what his relationship to the Son is?

Blessings WJ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ed, No i do not agree. You keep replacing God with Holy Spirit,(you are adding and taking out)IN Acts 5;3,4 Anania's is asked why he lied to the Holy spirit and Peter tells Him He lied to God! Holy Spirits omnipresence is seen in Psalm 139:7-8, “Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.” in 1 Corinthians 2:10-11,
    Holy Spirit is a divine person because He possesses a mind, emotions, and a will. The Holy Spirit thinks and knows (1 Corinthians 2:10). The Holy Spirit can be grieved (Ephesians 4:30). The Spirit intercedes for us (Romans 8:26-27). He makes decisions according to His will (1 Corinthians 12:7-11). the Holy Spirit can function as the Comforter and Counselor that Jesus promised He would be in(John 14:16, 26, 15:26).

katjo

Viewing 20 posts - 421 through 440 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account