Who is the Father

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Justaskin, did you notice how many scriptures w.j. posted of Jesus being worshipped? Matthew 12;8, the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day , 12;30, He that is not with me is against me, and he that gathereth not with me, scattereth abroad, 4;10 THOU SHALL WORSHIP THE LORD THY GOD AND HIM ONLY SHALL THY SERVE(12;8 SAYS the son is Lord), there is only one Lord, do you beleive it is Jesus?

katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nick, Im stil waiting on a explanation of the scripts, i asked you about? hmmm?

katjo

Quote (katjo @ Jan. 26 2010,18:21)
    GOD BLESS YOU W.J.!! Im glad you stepped in, too many people want to deny so many scriptures, and cant even give a explanation!

katjo

Katjo

Thanks! Keep up the good fight of faith! Don't let anyone sway you of your confidence in Christ and your unshakeable devotion to him.

Paul said we know in whom we have believed…

For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for “I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. “. 2 Tim 1:12, 13

Blessings Keith

Anonymous
    Inactive

W.J. thanks you so much! no one could ever sway me anywhere else. I just think its very sad, when the scriptures are plain as can be. no one wants to give christ and glory, when its all about Him.

God Bless You
    katjo

Quote (katjo @ Jan. 26 2010,18:54)
    W.J. thanks you so much! no one could ever sway me anywhere else. I just think its very sad, when the scriptures are plain as can be. no one wants to give christ and glory, when its all about Him.

God Bless You
    katjo

Amen!

Blessings Keith

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Which are the scriptures that teach God is not the Father but is a trinity and Jesus is not the Son of God?

Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 27 2010,09:48)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 26 2010,17:42)
    Hi WJ:

You say:

This word is never used in worship to any other by the Followers of Christ other than the Father and Jesus!

What about the following scriptures?

Rev 3:7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: [fn]
    Rev 3:8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; [fn] for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
    Rev 3:9 Indeed I will make [those] of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie–indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Nice try!

Notice that they come to worship “at their feet” not to worship them.

Seriously, do you think that Jesus is saying that they were to worship his people?

WJ

Hi WJ:

The word worship can mean to honor or show respect for someone.

Jesus did not say that we should worship him as God, but he did say:

Jhn 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
    Jhn 5:23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Anonymous
    Inactive

NICK STILL WAITING! How come you wont answer the post I left you? because you have no answer right? Here, I will post it again… If you quote Jesus is the word of God and John1;1 says and the WORD WAS GOD, do you ignore that part? and what do you do when you read Gen1;1(God created the heaven and the earth, and than you get to John1;3( all things were made by Him)(who? better read it)10; He was IN THE WORLD and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not Hmmm?(11) HE CAME UNTO HIS OWN So you have (1) telling you the WORD was God (10) HE WAS IN THE WORLD and it was made by him (14) telling you the WORD became flesh, than you go to Col.1;6 tells us all things were created by the son, and He is before all things, Simple as can be to understand them scripts!
    CAN YOU EXPLAIN THEM TO ME?

katjo

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 26 2010,22:16)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Jan. 27 2010,09:48)

Quote (942767 @ Jan. 26 2010,17:42)
    Hi WJ:

You say:

This word is never used in worship to any other by the Followers of Christ other than the Father and Jesus!

What about the following scriptures?

Rev 3:7 “And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write, 'These things says He who is holy, He who is true, “He who has the key of David, He who opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens”: [fn]
    Rev 3:8 “I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; [fn] for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.
    Rev 3:9 Indeed I will make [those] of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews and are not, but lie–indeed I will make them come and worship before your feet, and to know that I have loved you

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

Nice try!

Notice that they come to worship “at their feet” not to worship them.

Seriously, do you think that Jesus is saying that they were to worship his people?

WJ

Hi WJ:

The word worship can mean to honor or show respect for someone.

Jesus did not say that we should worship him as God, but he did say:

Jhn 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son,
    Jhn 5:23 that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty

The New Testament gives us no example of the word “Worship” proskyneō as meaning anything different when used toward the Father and Jesus.

Again, Jesus used the same word in reference to our worship, proskyneō to the Father. John 4:24

Jesus never discouraged men for practicing it on him and yet there is not one example where this worship was given to another by the Apostles! There is an example where the King was eaten up with worms for not correcting those that worshipped him, and giving God the Glory!

Why didn't that happen to Jesus?

Do a word study and you will see that the word was consistant in its use as worship to the Father and Jesus!

WJ

JustAskin
    Participant

As long as there is no agreement between us as to what is meant by Worship there will be no according.

It would certainly have been wrong for Jesus to accept Worship (that which was appointed to the Father alone) when he previously told Satan; “Thou Shalt Worship the Lord thy God and Serve Him only”

How does this then lay claim to Jesus being Worshipped – Jesus' words are clear: “…the Lord thy God and Serve Him only!!”

Further, what was it that Satan asked to make Jesus say those words to Satan:-
    satan was offering him all the kingdoms of the world – which were under his (satan's) rulership at that time:
    “Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
    “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.”

There is no description of what Jesus was to do as an act of Worship – Bowing down is NOT WORSHIPPING but a precedence of the future act of Worship:
    (We often BOW before prominent persons Judges, Monarchs, Priests, revered person, often during a request from, or an acknowledging of, such a person – this is not Worship!)

Most likely, Jesus was being asked to GIVE UP, OFFER UP, his claim to the Messiahship (His Birthright) and claim his Prize right then and there without going through the Tormant and Pain that he would have endure otherwise (qualifier: Esau GAVE UP his Birthright to Jacob for a bowl fof Soup because he feared that he would Die of hunger in pain and agony!!)

Why not agreee – on line or offline about what you mean by Worship and then pointifull (what?) discussions can take place with the possibility of an accordance somewhere down the line.

Remeber – SATAN is the Enemy and he does not want us to agree…

JustAskin
    Participant

Katjo,

Are you a real person or some sort of robot whose programming has gone askew.

“Matthew 12;8, the Son of man is Lord even of the sabbath day”

Why strain at a gnat and swallow a Camel. This saying means that the Sabbath day is like ANY OTHER DAY except that God appointed it for rest and for the people to Worship him on.

Do you understand what was going at the time when Jesus said this:
    The Jews said that no work SHALL be done on the Sabbath because in the past it was the only day that the Hebrews in captivity were allowed to REST from their enslaved labour.

Thus NOONE was allowed to do ANYTHING that resembled work, especially that which resembled a profession or assigned work tasks.

So when they saw Jesus …MAKING BREAD…(A Bread Maker!!) they claimed that he was contravening the Sabbath.

Jesus told them very politely that the day was made FOR MAN – not – MAN for the day (The day of rest is available to Do Good on and not to be further Enslaved by, so there!

And anyway, they were hypocrites because which one of them seeing their donkey fall in a well would not do WORK by fetching it out?

JustAskin
    Participant

Katjo,

Your speciallity seems to be to just pick aload of verses and throw them together and then claim that you are saying something.

Like a collage – Anyone can do that to prove a point of their own but it doesn't prove the point of the Forum topic between you and other people here.

Anonymous
    Inactive

JustAskin, your talk with w.j. on worshipping, you just quotted to him that scripture says to worship the Lord thy God only, dont you see in scripture that JESUS IS THE LORD THY GOD? And the script I posted; Jesus is Lord even of the Sabbath, was for you to see that Jesus is Lord, It wasnt pertainng anything to the sabbath!!! Ow and picking loads of scripts, thats how you find out who Jesus really is, when you start putting them all together.. Sorry if that offends you, you seem to be like Nick denying alot of them!
    katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Jesus is the Son of that God.
    He told us and I do not know why you stop your ears.

The men who wrote the trinity doctrine cannot save you so turn to the one who can.

JustAskin
    Participant

Sorry katjo,

I can no longer respond to you after this.

You have no ear – sorry.

Anonymous
    Inactive

sorry Nick, He is the Lord thy God, and Ive gave you the scripts. You wont even answer the post I ask you to. thats o.k., I pray you learned something from it.

katjo

Anonymous
    Inactive

JustAskin, I offended you by that post??/ Look at how you re-ply to me? Am I a real person or some kind of a robot!! Same for you as i said to Nick, I pray you read and learned something.

katjo

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    You are a loyal supporter of catholic dogma but will that be rewarded?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    You have yet to answer my questions.
    Who is the God of Jesus?[Jn20]
    Whos is the God that was in Christ?[2Cor5]
    Where is trinity taught anywhere in the bible??

terraricca
    Participant

hi kat

the scriptures can not be broken ,this means if it said one God it can not be two,and if Jesus said his father is greater than he his,then he can not be equal to the God he already summit to,the holy spirit is the power Christ received from is father to do all what he had to do ,like miracles,and show his disciples that he really was the Christ to come.
    remember the scriptures can not be broken ,we can not make the scriptures say what they do not say.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account