Who is michael the archagel?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    david
    Participant

I believe any sane person can see the shallow nature of the Watchtower reasoning.  The fact is:  THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE SCRIPTURE THAT THEY CAN POINT TO, SAYING CLEARLY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS MICHAEL.  Do not let the JWs get away from this fact, but press them on it.

–WJ

I quoted WJ's words above and then said:

I find this argument extraordinarily odd and bizarre given your belief in the trinity.

I believe many trinitarians on here (and me as well on the other side) have admitted that there is no single scripture that clearly says God is a trinity.  Yet, you believe it.

Is 1:18, why would you find my argument odd.  

I simply pointed out that WJ (and yourself) are quite inconsistent.  WJ said there is no “SINGLE SCRIPTURE THAT THEY CAN POINT TO, SAYING CLEARLY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS MICHAEL.”

Yet, the exact same thing can be said of the trinity.  Yet, you aren't going to abandon your trinity doctrine because of this fact.
    So, WJ's statement that I quoted is quite meaningless, unless he is willing to apply the same to himself.
    And therefore, my argument stands.

And it is true, Is 1:18, as you say:

I think the inferential evidence for the trinity is vastly more impressive that that for Jesus

But your statement is misleading.  For, while there is more pro-trinity verses (hundreds of times more) there are also thousands of times more anti-trinity verses.
    As regards the Jesus being Michael belief, there are only a handful of scriptures on both sides.  So, while there is more evidence taken for the trinity, it could equally be said there is more evidence against the trinity than there is against the Michael/Jesus belief.

I could just as easily say that there are only 1 or 2 scriptures against the Michael belief, but there are literally thousands of scriptures that contradict the trinity.  What does that prove?  Anything?  Nothing.  So your argument isn't exactly airtight.  

The fact remains that neither belief (trinity or Michael/Jesus) has, as WJ says, “one single scripture” that “clearly” states either case.

david.
    (Is 1:18, where have you been?)

followerofJesus
    Participant

Jesus Christ

Arch Angel Michael

are clearly 2 different people

http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/

follow this link

Often people misinterprate the Bible

That in itself is a Dangerous thing

though Michael is but a servant of God

Jesus is God

(on http://www.whoisjesus-really.com/ focus on the claims)

Peace and God bless all of you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FOJ,
    God was in Christ.[2Cor5] Was God in God?

followerofJesus
    Participant

Sigh

Well you carry on believing what you believe

Many people Believe Jesus is the Messiah but do not believe he is God

followerofJesus
    Participant
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi FOJ,
    Why do you offer us the ideas of other people?
    What does scripture say?

Quote (david @ Oct. 13 2009,17:30)

I believe any sane person can see the shallow nature of the Watchtower reasoning.  The fact is:  THEY DO NOT HAVE ONE SINGLE SCRIPTURE THAT THEY CAN POINT TO, SAYING CLEARLY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS MICHAEL.  Do not let the JWs get away from this fact, but press them on it.

–WJ

I quoted WJ's words above and then said:

I find this argument extraordinarily odd and bizarre given your belief in the trinity.

I believe many trinitarians on here (and me as well on the other side) have admitted that there is no single scripture that clearly says God is a trinity.  Yet, you believe it.

Is 1:18, why would you find my argument odd.  

I simply pointed out that WJ (and yourself) are quite inconsistent.  WJ said there is no “SINGLE SCRIPTURE THAT THEY CAN POINT TO, SAYING CLEARLY THAT JESUS CHRIST IS MICHAEL.”

Yet, the exact same thing can be said of the trinity.  Yet, you aren't going to abandon your trinity doctrine because of this fact.
    So, WJ's statement that I quoted is quite meaningless, unless he is willing to apply the same to himself.
    And therefore, my argument stands.

And it is true, Is 1:18, as you say:

I think the inferential evidence for the trinity is vastly more impressive that that for Jesus

But your statement is misleading.  For, while there is more pro-trinity verses (hundreds of times more) there are also thousands of times more anti-trinity verses.
    As regards the Jesus being Michael belief, there are only a handful of scriptures on both sides.  So, while there is more evidence taken for the trinity, it could equally be said there is more evidence against the trinity than there is against the Michael/Jesus belief.

I could just as easily say that there are only 1 or 2 scriptures against the Michael belief, but there are literally thousands of scriptures that contradict the trinity.  What does that prove?  Anything?  Nothing.  So your argument isn't exactly airtight.  

The fact remains that neither belief (trinity or Michael/Jesus) has, as WJ says, “one single scripture” that “clearly” states either case.

david.

David

But we do have clear scriptures that says Jesus and the Holy Spirit are God! You have no such evidence where Jesus is called Michael the Archangel.

We also have clear scriptures that there are three who are One.

Matt 28:19 is just one of them.

So grant it the word “Trinity” is not in the scriptures, but the concept has supporting text for Who and what the Trinity is.

Not so for Michael being Jesus.

WJ

followerofJesus
    Participant

Gen 1 verse 26

“Us”

When God confused the languages. “tower of Babel

Gen 11 verse 1 – 9

“Us” focus on verse 7

Michael is just an angel

God is God

John 1 verse 1, 2, 3

Also speaks about Jesus

Jesus was begotten not created

Michael was created

Jesus always existed Michael did not

Jesus Is God

Michael is an Angel

georg
    Participant

Quote (followerofJesus @ Oct. 14 2009,12:42)
    Gen 1 verse 26

“Us”

When God confused the languages. “tower of Babel

Gen 11 verse 1 – 9

“Us” focus on verse 7

Michael is just an angel

God is God

John 1 verse 1, 2, 3

Also speaks about Jesus

Jesus was begotten not created

Michael was created

Jesus always existed Michael did not

Jesus Is God

Michael is an Angel

In Genesis it says Us and ours because Jesus was not always there He had a beginning, why, because Scriptures tells us that.
    Col. 1:15-17 He is the image of the invisible of, the firstborn over all creation.
    verse 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible……..
    verse 17 And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist.

Jesus is also the firstborn of the dead in
    verse 18 And He is the head of the body the Church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that in all things He may have preeminence. Meaning He was first in all.

Rev. 3:14…” These says the Amen, the Faithful and True Witness, the Beginning of the creation of God.
    Once you understand that there is no trinity, you will also understand this.
    Peace and Love Irene

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (david @ Oct. 14 2009,09:30)

I have a job that takes me away from home a lot between July-Sept, and I have a busy working and family life when I'm at home the rest of the year. At the end of the day I'm often too drained to string 2 words together. I also get tired of the constant squabbling.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ Oct. 14 2009,20:06)

Quote (david @ Oct. 14 2009,09:30)

I have a job that takes me away from home a lot between July-Sept, and I have a busy working and family life when I'm at home the rest of the year. At the end of the day I'm often too drained to string 2 words together. I also get tired of the constant squabbling.

Hi Is. I agree that some are even nausty and call others names. But I do like the website, it gives me a chance to be chanllenged. I dig deeper into the Bible. And that is a good thing. We just have to ignore those that do so.
    Peace ad Love Irene

followerofJesus
    Participant

Michael the Arch angel is an Angel of the Lord

on of many Angels

Having lost the war in Heaven Satan (who once and angel of the Lord 'morning star') fell. took 1/3 of the Angels with him Revelation 12 verse 4

Michael is but a Servant of the Lord just like other angel Such as Gabriel

Though I cant remember now, When I think John the Baptist was shown things that are to happen the things spoke of in the Book of Revelation. and then he was worshipping the Angel the angel reacted “No! don't woship me, I am but a servant! just like you, get up!” (That was from memory need to check it later

I believe that Michael being a servant would react similar to how I think it was Gabriel, reacted

There are both Angels and servants of God, not God himself

Peace and God bless you

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Another cute JW folly-that Jesus is MICHAEL.

Participant

Hi:

The name “Michael” means “who is like God”, and is speaking of someone with that spirit. It is like John the Baptist coming in the spirit of Elijah.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So what are you saying?
    That all the references to Michael are to Yashua??

Viewing 15 posts - 81 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account