who are the people

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    I do not answer some questions till I have tried to blow away the smoke of misconceptions behind the questions. I believe I have been saved, and being saved, and will be saved and thus am amongst those God calls saints.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 07 2006,23:45)
    Hi kenrch,
    I do not answer some questions till I have tried to blow away the smoke of misconceptions behind the questions. I believe I have been saved, and being saved, and will be saved and thus am amongst those God calls saints.

Nick I'm as straight forward as can be, perhaps too straight forward :)

Ther is no “smoke with my questions” and has never been.

So everyone that is saved is a saint?  Sorry scripture points to a certain class of people those who follow the lamb wherever He goes.  Virgins never having been in with false religion.  Never having been deceived!

Unless the only ones saved are the 144k ???    
    Hey are you St. Nick?  ho ho ho
    Just a little humor :D
    Wow! You have sold all your possessions, given everything to the poor, and have pick up your cross.  
    I'll be, saint Nick!  Ok Saint Nick :D

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 07 2006,04:51)
    Hi Krench:

I have already told you why I am a saint but whether or not I am one of the 144K or maybe even one on the 2 witnesses, I don't know, but whatever I am I am by the grace of God, and not because I obeyed the Law of Moses without sin.  Jesus did that for us.  As I said I am striving to obey him but I make mistakes.  It is the blood of my Lord Jesus that washes my sins away, and keeps me in the state of holiness.  Without his sacrifice, neither I or you or the rich man or any of humanity could be considered a saint.

That's two saints St. Nick and St. 942. Should I be addressing anyone else as a saint?

david
    Participant

I'm not saying you or anyone else is not a saint but according to scripture I only know I'm not of the elect.

–Kenrch.

Hi Kenrch. I haven't been giving proper time to all the threads. I'm wondering if you could explain simply why you feel this, and why you believe (if I'm correct) that there are the holy ones as a separate class of people.

david

david
    Participant

Everyone can't be kings and priests. A king has to have subjects

–Kenrch

Yes, kings have subjects. I've asked many who those subjects would be. I've gotten only one answer and I didn't really understand it.

People seem unable to answer that. They tend to either believe that everyone will be a king and a judge and a priest (with no one to rule over I guess) or they believe something else which was never really explained to me.

Can anyone explain.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 08 2006,06:14)

I'm not saying you or anyone else is not a saint but according to scripture I only know I'm not of the elect.

–Kenrch.

Hi Kenrch.  I haven't been giving proper time to all the threads.  I'm wondering if you could explain simply why you feel this, and why you believe (if I'm correct) that there are the holy ones as a separate class of people.

david

The saints are simply the cream of the crop. The best of the best! I know I'm not the best of the best, just the best LOL :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Your amusement tends to indicate that you have indeed misconstrued the meaning of saints in scripture.
    Deuteronomy 33:3
    Yea, he loved the people; all his saints are in thy hand: and they sat down at thy feet; every one shall receive of thy words.
    1 Samuel 2:9
    He will keep the feet of his saints, and the wicked shall be silent in darkness; for by strength shall no man prevail.
    Psalm 31:23
    O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer
    Daniel 7:22
    Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
    Romans 1:7
    To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 1:2
    Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
    2 Corinthians 1:1
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
    Ephesians 1:1
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
    Philippians 1:1
    Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons
    Colossians 1:2
    To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    Jude 1:3
    Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
    Revelation 11:18
    And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

As regards the NT I am sure you read these words of Paul and love them knowing they speak to you. But they are written by Paul to the saints so you must be among them for them to relate to you.

I suggest you think again lest your mockery be found to be of yourself, or the scriptures or the Spirit who wrote them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Again you misconstrue virginity as in scripture.

2Cor 11
    ” 1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me.

2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.”

So rebirth is a new beginning. We are new creatures.

2cor 5
    “17Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”

God remembers nothing of our past.
    Neither does He ascribe sin to His sons.

Isaiah 1:18
    Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

ps 32
    ” 1Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.

2Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.”
    1Jn 2
    “12I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.”

1Jn 5
    ” 18We know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. “

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 08 2006,06:18)

Everyone can't be kings and priests.  A king has to have subjects

–Kenrch

Yes, kings have subjects.  I've asked many who those subjects would be.   I've gotten only one answer and I didn't really understand it.

People seem unable to answer that.  They tend to either believe that everyone will be a king and a judge and a priest (with no one to rule over I guess) or they believe something else which was never really explained to me.

Can anyone explain.

Hi david,
    Why should the millenial kingdom only be populated by the sons of God? What of the natural men who survive the tribulation? Only the armies surrounding Jerusalem are destroyed at the return of the King and the nations surely will have a remnant.

kenrch
    Participant

St. Nick,

All the letters to the churches may have been addressed to the “saints” in charge, or did you ever think of that.

Out of all the saved people who are the elect? Who are the people of the saints? Are the 144k over the saints or are they the saints?

I'm not mocking anyone you said you are a saint so you should have the title correct? But I won't pray to you LOL!

For a saint you sure have a weird mood ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,

Romans 1:7
    To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.
    1 Corinthians 1:2
    Unto the church of God which is at Corinth, to them that are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to be saints, with all that in every place call upon the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both their's and our's:
    2 Corinthians 1:1
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
    Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
    Philippians 1:1
    Paul and Timotheus, the servants of Jesus Christ, to all the saints in Christ Jesus which are at Philippi, with the bishops and deacons
    Colossians 1:2
    To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

saints in charge?

kenrch
    Participant

St. Nick,

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, AND TO THE FAITHFUL IN CHRIST JESUS:

I see two groups in this scripture. The saints AND the “faithful” in Christ Jesus. I'm sure in the first century church that there were many saints their had to be to spread the gospel. But the saints were not just those faithful in Christ these “lived” Christ they gave in every aspect of their life because they had given all their life to Jesus. I can't say that can you?

Eph 3:8 Unto me, “who am less than the LEAST of all saints”, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Was Paul saying he was the least of all who were saved?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 09 2006,13:46)
    St. Nick,

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, AND TO THE FAITHFUL IN CHRIST JESUS:

I see two groups in this scripture.  The saints AND the “faithful” in Christ Jesus.  I'm sure in the first century church that there were many saints their had to be to spread the gospel.  But the saints were not just those faithful in Christ these “lived” Christ they gave in every aspect of their life because they had given all their life to Jesus.  I can't say that can you?

Eph 3:8  Unto me, “who am less than the LEAST of all saints”, is this grace given, that I should preach among the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ;

Was Paul saying he was the least of all who were saved?

St. Nick don't quit on me now!

We know about Michael, don't we?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Are you waiting for someone? Can't be me.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 10 2006,01:02)
    Hi kenrch,
    Are you waiting for someone? Can't be me.

I don't know are you “St.” Nick or not? :)

david
    Participant

Hi Nick. You write:

Hi david,
    Why should the millenial kingdom only be populated by the sons of God? What of the natural men who survive the tribulation? Only the armies surrounding Jerusalem are destroyed at the return of the King and the nations surely will have a remnant.

Only the armies surrounding Jerusalem?
    DANIEL 2:44
    ““And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;”

REVELATION 6:15-17
    “And the kings of the earth and the top-ranking ones and the military commanders and the rich and the strong ones and every slave and [every] free person hid themselves in the caves and in the rock-masses of the mountains. And they keep saying to the mountains and to the rock-masses: “Fall over us and hide us from the face of the One seated on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?””

I realize that I don't really understand at all what you believe about this. If you could please explain what you believe will happen after armageddon and who will survive and this remnant you speak of.

david

david
    Participant

All the letters to the churches may have been addressed to the “saints” in charge, or did you ever think of that.

Out of all the saved people who are the elect? Who are the people of the saints? Are the 144k over the saints or are they the saints?

I'm not mocking anyone you said you are a saint so you should have the title correct? But I won't pray to you LOL!

Hi kernch. Praying to saints or the holy ones is not scriptural. Praying for them or having them pray for you, or on your behalf is scriptural.
    I believe the 144,000 are the holy ones, the annointed, those who inherit the kingdom and rule with Christ for a thousand years, and judge and preside over as priests. These are the ones that did not defile themselves. They have been adopted as sons of God. But they have been chosen for this special privilege. Yet, there are others who will be there to be judges by them, subject to them, of course.

david

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 10 2006,06:19)

Out of all the saved people who are the elect?  Who are the people of the saints?  Are the 144k over the saints or are they the saints?

I'm not mocking anyone you said you are a saint so you should have the title correct?  But I won't pray to you LOL!

Hi kernch.  Praying to saints or the holy ones is not scriptural.  Praying for them or having them pray for you, or on your behalf is scriptural.
    I believe the 144,000 are the holy ones, the annointed, those who inherit the kingdom and rule with Christ for a thousand years, and judge and preside over as priests.  These are the ones that did not defile themselves.  They have been adopted as sons of God.  But they have been chosen for this special privilege.  Yet, there are others who will be there to be judges by them, subject to them, of course.

david

Are the 144k saints?  Are they the elect? OR is everyone who is saved a saint?  David I pray to God through Jesus and no one else.
    “Praying for them or having them pray for you, or on your behalf is scriptural”.  
    Please give scripture. I know you have some.

Jesus said to pray to the Father I don't know of any scripture that says we can or need to ask Paul to pray for us.  I thought that is one of the benefits of being saved that we can go boldly before the thrown through Jesus.

Participant

Ok. Krench I'm back had seek a little guidance from God to try and answer your question.

Looking at the scriptures pertaining to the rich man to whom you refer we find him coming to Jesus asking, “Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?  And Jesus said unto him, “Why callest me good?  there is not good but one, that is, God.  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, defraud not, honour thy father and mother”.  And the rich man answered Jesus saying, “Master, all these have I observed from my youth”.  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, “One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell what soever thou hast and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and take up the cross, and follow me”.  (Mark 10:17-21)  “And the rich man was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions”.  (Mark 10:22)

First, the issue here was one of inheriting eternal life, and the rich man thought he had it made because he thought that he had obeyed the Ten commandments, but in essence, his God was his possessions, and therefore, he was violating the 1st commandment. “I am the Lord thy God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.  Thou shalt have no other gods before me”. (Exodus 20:2-3)

Before I entered into a personal relationship with God, my god was sex.  I don't know what your god or gods were, but all of us before we entered into a personal relationship with God have broken this commandment.  If we are not serving God, then He is not our God.

When we confess Jesus as our Lord, we are confessing that we will strive to obey the commandments that came to us from God through him.  So then now we are supposedly serving the one and only “True God” if our confession to obey Him was sincere.  If the Holy Ghost indwells us, and if we are sincere Christians who are striving to obey God, then he does.  Well we know that even when we are striving to obey, we make mistakes, but when we repent, the blood of our Lord Jesus keeps us in the state of holiness, and if we are in the state of holiness, we are saints.  But members of the body of Christ are at different stages of maturity, and some saints are in authority in the church, and others are not.  Some of the members of body of Christ have one talent and others have another, but we are all vital to the body if we are using whatever talents that we have in the service of our God so that the gospel goes forth into all of the world.

“For as the body is one, and hath may members, and all members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.  For the body is not one member, but many.  If the foot shall say, because I am not hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?  And  If the ear shall say, because I am not the eye, I am not of body; it it therefore not of the body?  I the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing?  If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?  But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.  And if they were all one member, whee were the body?  But now are they many members, yet one body.  (1 Co. 12:12-20)  And we need each other to accomplish God's purpose. (Read 1 Co. 12:21-31)

I'd like to relate the following personal story with you: My son likes Star Trek movies and there was a qestion about the scritpure that states: “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”. (Matt. 6:21) God told me to tell my son, “If you had $20 left over from your expenses, and you could help someone to hear the gospel or help someone with their physical needs, or you could use it to go see a Star Trek movie, which would you do?

The priorities of a Christian are to obey out God.  Does that mean that a Christian cannot watch a movie?  Personally, I don't care to watch them, and I don't take the interest in sports that I did before I was saved, but I would think that it would depend on what you considered in your heart your priorities.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Nov. 11 2006,00:30)
    Ok. Krench I'm back had seek a little guidance from God to try and answer your question.

Looking at the scriptures pertaining to the rich man to whom you refer we find him coming to Jesus asking, “Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?  And Jesus said unto him, “Why callest me good?  there is not good but one, that is, God.  Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, do not kill, do not steal, do not bear false witness, defraud not, honour thy father and mother”.  And the rich man answered Jesus saying, “Master, all these have I observed from my youth”.  Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, “One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell what soever thou hast and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and take up the cross, and follow me”.  (Mark 10:17-21)  “And the rich man was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions”.  (Mark 10:22)

First, the issue here was one of inheriting eternal life, and the rich man thought he had it made because he thought that he had obeyed the Ten commandments, but in essence, his God was his possessions, and therefore, he was violating the 1st commandment. “I am the Lord thy God, which have brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.  Thou shalt have no other gods before me”. (Exodus 20:2-3)

Before I entered into a personal relationship with God, my god was sex.  I don't know what your god or gods were, but all of us before we entered into a personal relationship with God have broken this commandment.  If we are not serving God, then He is not our God.

When we confess Jesus as our Lord, we are confessing that we will strive to obey the commandments that came to us from God through him.  So then now we are supposedly serving the one and only “True God” if our confession to obey Him was sincere.  If the Holy Ghost indwells us, and if we are sincere Christians who are striving to obey God, then he does.  Well we know that even when we are striving to obey, we make mistakes, but when we repent, the blood of our Lord Jesus keeps us in the state of holiness, and if we are in the state of holiness, we are saints.  But members of the body of Christ are at different stages of maturity, and some saints are in authority in the church, and others are not.  Some of the members of body of Christ have one talent and others have another, but we are all vital to the body if we are using whatever talents that we have in the service of our God so that the gospel goes forth into all of the world.

“For as the body is one, and hath may members, and all members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.  For the body is not one member, but many.  If the foot shall say, because I am not hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?  And  If the ear shall say, because I am not the eye, I am not of body; it it therefore not of the body?  I the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing?  If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?  But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.  And if they were all one member, whee were the body?  But now are they many members, yet one body.  (1 Co. 12:12-20)  And we need each other to accomplish God's purpose. (Read 1 Co. 12:21-31)

I'd like to relate the following personal story with you: My son likes Star Trek movies and there was a qestion about the scritpure that states: “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also”. (Matt. 6:21) God told me to tell my son, “If you had $20 left over from your expenses, and you could help someone to hear the gospel or help someone with their physical needs, or you could use it to go see a Star Trek movie, which would you do?

The priorities of a Christian are to obey out God.  Does that mean that a Christian cannot watch a movie?  Personally, I don't care to watch them, and I don't take the interest in sports that I did before I was saved, but I would think that it would depend on what you considered in your heart your priorities.

St. 942,

I enjoyed reading your post I can tell that you are a serious child of God.

I spoke to another (not on this forum) about the people of the saints.  He emailed me more scripture than I think the bible has on the subject LOL!  So I emailed him about the saints being special and he denied that then I changed the subject to the Game on Sunday between the Steelers and the Saints.  His reply was “now you're making sense the Steelers are going to make the Saints the aints”.
    My reply was what would the real Saints be doing Sunday afternoon. Then I went back to talking about the game and how Reggie Bush was going to break one LOL! I'm awaiting his reply.  But you see my point don't you.  This person is saved no doubt but he will watch the game in fact he said he will be there to make sure the Steelers win.
    What will the real Saints be doing on Sunday afternoon?  I doubt that they will be watching football or anything else that pleases them instead of God.  Is the Steeler fan sinning I don't think so he is not called to “be perfect” he is not of the elect, he is not one of the 144k. As you have nicely pointed out we are not all the eye in the body of Christ.  He is not convicted by the Holy Spirit to be anywhere else.  He has no problem going to the game instead of bring a meal to the poor with the money he spent on himself and I have no problem watching the game on tv because I'm not called to be that  part of the body.  I just take it day by day.

So everyone seems to think their are saints then their are SAINTS.  But who are the people of the saints?  Who are the elect?  And are the 144k special people with a higher calling?

I suppose I could go along with low saints and high SAINTS but that doesn't answer the question who are the “people” of the saints.  We know they are the meek because Jesus said that the meek would inherit the earth. Then who are the saints of the meek?  Who are the cream of the crop are they the elect, saints, 144k, priest and kings don't they have a title such as the rank in heaven as “Archangles” ?

All are called out of this darkness into His marvelious light but few are chosen.  The harvest are plenty but the labours are few.

Who does not give up their wife, mother, in short family and everything is not worthy of Christ.  Have we given up everything for Christ?  How many people can say they have done as the  apostles have?

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 144 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account